Old 04-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #151
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I love that Movie!!!!

WHO'S THE MASTA!!!!!!

"I AM!"

does anyone else find Dwarzdala's check in post the least bit alarming...i am used to 20+ "vanilla villager, checking in" posts, but why put the "(mostly)" on the end...might as well paint concentric circles on yourself.

i am not usually one to add another candidate on day one, but that to me feels rather, i wouldnt say desperate, but very much like someone wanting badly to be thought of as a villager/scanned.

vote dwarzdala
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #152
saldana
Pro Starter

dola...my "I AM" above is strictly in response to the question posed to Leroy, not to this game. (didnt even realize there was a role called the Master)
Old 04-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #153
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm going to head out in a few, going to put in my vote so i don't forget

Vote Eaglefan

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #154
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
dola...my "I AM" above is strictly in response to the question posed to Leroy, not to this game. (didnt even realize there was a role called the Master)

Oh yeah, I totally didn't realize the connection. Yeah my mind is working

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #155
Zinto
College Starter

Well it has been a rough day and I am not sure when I will be able to get on again so I will just stick a second vote on someone.

Vote Crimson
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #156
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As of #155, the Shogun of Harlem reports the following...

2: bhlloy
2: EagleFan
2: ntndeacon
2: CrimsonFox
1: Tyketime
1: mauboy
1: dwardzala

Not Voted:
Chief Rum, JAG, CrimsonFox, Danny, EagleFan, dwardzala, DaddyTorgo, Dubb/Norm, tyketime, thejuggler3

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 04-04-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #157
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote ntndeacon

See my list thread and pick a random reason from there.... though self defense is probably the leading candidate.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #158
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
"I AM!"

does anyone else find Dwarzdala's check in post the least bit alarming...i am used to 20+ "vanilla villager, checking in" posts, but why put the "(mostly)" on the end...might as well paint concentric circles on yourself.

i am not usually one to add another candidate on day one, but that to me feels rather, i wouldnt say desperate, but very much like someone wanting badly to be thought of as a villager/scanned.

vote dwarzdala

prolly just a new player (right?). Not sure why that's arousing your suspicion, but you seem to have jumped on it awful quick.

VOTE SALDANA
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #159
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

As of Post 157:
3 ntndeacon - Narcizo (122), mauboy (150), EagleFan (157)
2 CrimsonFox - J23 (106), Zinto (155)
2 bhlloy - Autumn (108), Lathum (130)
2 EagleFan - bhlloy (113), Darth Vilus (153)
1 tyketime - mckerney (72)
1 mauboy - ntndeacon (127)
1 dwardzala - saldana (151)
(sorry, I like to see who voted for who, or maybe Who voted for who is more appropriate in this game...)
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #160
Danny
Head Coach

i am wake and all caught up.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:57 PM   #161
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yes, I'm leaving it to the masses to deal with the Who voted Who part of it. I've got enough madness to keep track of, and all I've got is an Apple II to keep my notes on. God help me when I have to keep notes on stone tablets.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #162
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I guess it's time to play Wizardry and Ultima IV
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #163
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

As of Post 161:
3 ntndeacon - Narcizo (122), mauboy (150), EagleFan (157)
2 CrimsonFox - J23 (106), Zinto (155)
2 bhlloy - Autumn (108), Lathum (130)
2 EagleFan - bhlloy (113), Darth Vilus (153)
1 tyketime - mckerney (72)
1 mauboy - ntndeacon (127)
1 dwardzala - saldana (151)
1 saldana - daddytorgo (158)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #164
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Wizardry1.png
Old 04-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #165
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Will most likely change, but gotta start somewhere.

vote saldana
Old 04-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #166
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I guess it's time to play Wizardry and Ultima IV

Load Runner!
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #167
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
"I AM!"

vote dwarzdala

I picked up on this also... willing to give him a "new guy" pass for day 1 but definitely a little odd. Didn't want to attract attention for obvious reasons but if it's already out there, can't hurt to discuss it
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #168
thejuggler3
Mascot

Vote bhlloy

Let's keep it interesting and see how things shake out. Can always switch around to avoid ties later on, but want to keep this race close for now.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #169
thejuggler3
Mascot

And if you wonder why, I voted bhlloy instead of CrimsonFox, the truth is simple: Autumn was one of my co-wolfies in my last game, so... kicking it old school... or something like that.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #170
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think that at this point NTN not acting like NTN and Saldana grasping at straws are the two things that jump out at me so far today. That said I'm going for Sal.

Vote Saldana
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #171
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuggler3 View Post
And if you wonder why, I voted bhlloy instead of CrimsonFox, the truth is simple: Autumn was one of my co-wolfies in my last game, so... kicking it old school... or something like that.

That's an unnecessary explanation on day 1... interesting

Unvote EF
Vote Crimson Fox
Old 04-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #172
bhlloy
Coordinator

FWIW I don't think Sal is necessarily grasping at straws. It is something that is interesting on Day 1. I wouldn't have drawn attention to it, but I can see why it's notable.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #173
Danny
Head Coach

SO we have Sal, NTn and Crimson each with three and bhb with 2
Old 04-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #174
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The Butcher of Bakersfield arrives, announcing some changes in the polls as of 171...

3: bhlloy
3: saldana
3: crimsonfox
3: ntndeacon
1: EagleFan

Not Voted:
Chief Rum, JAG, Danny, dwardzala, tyketime

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 04-04-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #175
Danny
Head Coach

Vote bhlloy

I'm keeping this a four person race for now, but this vote is definitely not stuck.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #176
Danny
Head Coach

Ugh I missed the 3rd vote for bh, so

Unvote bhlloy
Old 04-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #177
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
SO we have Sal, NTn and Crimson each with three and bhb with 2

I've got a 4 way tie, with bh at 3. I off?

edit: Guess not, nevermind me.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 04-04-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #178
thejuggler3
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

Unvote EF
Vote Crimson Fox

Just like to give my reasons. Didn't want to imply that I had suspicions in particular, so it was basically a toss-up between you and Crimson Fox.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #179
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't much care for Crimson voting up a one vote player (saldana) when he's tied with two other two vote players (EF and bhlloy at the time) and there was a player ahead of all of them (ntndeacon with 3). At that point, there were four candidates, why vote up a fifth?

VOTE CRIMSON FOX

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #180
Autumn
Head Coach

It's perhaps odd, Chief, but can you envision a scenario where that is a wolf-like move?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #181
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I don't much care for Crimson voting up a one vote player (saldana) when he's tied with two other two vote players (EF and bhlloy at the time) and there was a player ahead of all of them (ntndeacon with 3). At that point, there were four candidates, why vote up a fifth?

VOTE CRIMSON FOX

Interesting analysis. Because I've learned from past games that if I would have voted ntndeacon, I'd have no where to go. Thought of just voting for a third candidate up to 3 as a possibility as well. But I already said, I plan to move the vote when things further shake out.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:26 PM   #182
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Incidently, I'm very concerned that every age has double voters. That will tell us a lot if voting results go wonky tho.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #183
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
It's perhaps odd, Chief, but can you envision a scenario where that is a wolf-like move?

It's tough to judge intent right now, but given all of the rules and potential complications in this one, that's an odd move to make. And making it on Day One, where we have little to go on, makes it look even worse.

I would agree it's tough to find a plausible scenario, although it's certainly possible, however unlikely, that three of the four candidates were wolves and CF wanted to introduce a second villager candidate to try to keep wolves out of the running.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #184
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I should say that, given all of the rules and potential complications, anything is possible. That, combined with this being an odd move on Day One, calls for some suspicion.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #185
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Unvote EF
Vote Crimson Fox

I agree that his statement was odd like he was trying to make some sort of link between me and him. Either that or just a throwaway statement/excuse to hide his vote. Still Has nothing to do with me. Your switching your vote to me because of it is unsettling.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #186
bhlloy
Coordinator

It's the most I have to go on for any of the candidates... unlucky for you if that's true but it smells like somebody trying to distance themselves from something they know is going to look bad in the future.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #187
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I should say that, given all of the rules and potential complications, anything is possible. That, combined with this being an odd move on Day One, calls for some suspicion.

So you think there's a rule out there that adds 4 to the vote count when you make the second vote on someone, right?

Actually chief I'm just a vanilla citizen of a particular age. I do get double votes when I'm in my age, so the scary thing is, everyone else from their age will also get double votes. WOndering who the modern people are right now. (Not me, but even if I were voting sal does no good to cover me if I were a wolf).
Old 04-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #188
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Interesting analysis. Because I've learned from past games that if I would have voted ntndeacon, I'd have no where to go. Thought of just voting for a third candidate up to 3 as a possibility as well. But I already said, I plan to move the vote when things further shake out.

I understand this line of thinking. Sometimes it just feels better knowing that you can still change your vote to save yourself if need be instead of feeling like you have no options.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #189
Danny
Head Coach

Vote CrimsonFox

I am a vanilla citizen of a particular age and I do not get double counting lynch votes in my age. It's possible his ability is different, but it's enough of a reason for me to make a vote on day 1.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #190
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
prolly just a new player (right?). Not sure why that's arousing your suspicion, but you seem to have jumped on it awful quick.

VOTE SALDANA

yeah i did, because there is a cunning wolf that only works in the modern era (where we just happen to be at the moment) and we have already as a collective decided the best place for us is in the industrial where that ability wont work for the wolf....SOOOO it would be in said cunning wolf's best interests to attract a scan before we leave this era!

as far as being new, i think its his third game here, he lasted a long time if not to the end in the last one, and iirc, he has played IRL games, so i dont give him the new guy pass.

whatever, if my reason is grasping at straws, so be it. i dont even know why i play.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #191
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So you think there's a rule out there that adds 4 to the vote count when you make the second vote on someone, right?

Actually chief I'm just a vanilla citizen of a particular age. I do get double votes when I'm in my age, so the scary thing is, everyone else from their age will also get double votes. WOndering who the modern people are right now. (Not me, but even if I were voting sal does no good to cover me if I were a wolf).

This one, however, a bit more of a puzzler...
Old 04-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #192
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As of #190

5: crimsonfox
3: bhlloy
3: saldana
3: ntndeacon
1: EagleFan

Note voted: JAG, dwardzala, tyketime
Old 04-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #193
Danny
Head Coach

Keep in mind the age vote is processed before the night deadline, so the age we are in right now does not matter as far as possible scans. When the seer scans we should be safely in the industrial era barring any unforeseen happenings.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #194
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
whatever, if my reason is grasping at straws, so be it. i dont even know why i play.

every day one vote is grasping at straws, I feel your pain
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #195
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Clarification on time travel and actions.

Time travel occurs LAST in the order of events during the night. So if your powers are era-specific, right now, and for night 1, it'd be the Modern Era people that may use their abilities. The move to the (currently likely) Industrial Era would occur after all other night actions process, and Day 2 would begin in the Industrial.

quoted for Danny...the time shift is last.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #196
Danny
Head Coach

Ok, forget my last post then.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #197
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Unvote mauboy
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #198
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
It's the most I have to go on for any of the candidates... unlucky for you if that's true but it smells like somebody trying to distance themselves from something they know is going to look bad in the future.

Don't like this statement especially. "Nothing to go on when you suspect someone else. Unlucky for me. " There are lots of directions to go. Mostly for random reasons but not for this "link".

unvote saldana
vote bhlloy

I also especially don't like Chief's zeroing in on me when there were 4, 5, 6 candidates introduced with 1 vote and a fourth vote 4 candidate before me as well, yet mine is the only one that looks guilty.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #199
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Can't argue with this. I really didn't think anything of your comment, saldana about new players especially since other people said that kinda thing as well. I'm interested as to why DT voted you in the first place but that could be nothing as well.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #200
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

People posting in the early kill thread already... bad karma.