Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Gauging Interest

With my turn at GM getting closer I have a couple ways to go with the game. One is a basic WW game with a theme.

The other is what I am asking about here to see if there is any interest in a game like this. It would work much better with a larger group which is why I am putting out a few feelers now as I'll focus on the more basic game if there is not enough interest.

That idea is a dungeon crawl type of game. It would be the attempt to re-establish civilization after a disaster of some type (still working on the back story).

The game would involve three threads. Each thread would be a settlement. Each settlement has it's own strengths and weaknesses (for example one may be great for collecting natural resources but not for harvesting food).

Players must then work together to establish what they feel is a livable civilization. This will require connecting at least two of the settlements in some manner to make it safer to travel between them.

Each clan has their own skill set. One person's clan may be good at crafting but they will be useless without the cooperation of a clan that is good at gathering.

Of course there is a catch...

While there are global goals there are also personal goals. Some clans may have a feud which gives them an added win condition of outliving the other clan. Some may have a goal of being the clan that rules the new civilization (there will be election phases once one of the global goals are met).

Oh, and there are those who may not want what is best for everyone. Those who have found a way to influence the roaming bands of (mutants/canibals/zombies/back story pending) to do their bidding.

There will be no lynching, but if a jail is built a clan may be arrested for a set period. The only way out of the game is for a clan to die off (do to famine or killed by one of those roaming bands, or maybe another clan with less than honorable intentions).

Each clan would start in one of the three settlements and can only post in the thread of the settlement where they currently reside. If they chose to move to another settlment they take that risk.

Movement will be required in order to win the game though as there will not be one settlement with the required resources and skillsets to be able to trigger the global win condition.

The game would procede with set deadlines (a daily deadline for deciding that day's actions). There will be other deadlines as well but they will be determined by the actions taken and most will be tied into normal daily deadlines (such as a vote to convict a clan and place them in prison).

It may sound like a lot when first reading but I assure you that once you begin it will be as easy or as complicated as you make it (though I will steer things back on course if you start getting over complicated).

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
There will be no lynching

Sounds like a winner. I fully endorse it.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm totally into a game like that. we're playing enough games regularly that I don't see any reason to hold back on a cool new idea if you have one. There will always be a more vanilla game later.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sounds pretty cool, I'd be interested. We'll have plenty of opportunities for basic games.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yeah, seriously, a more RPG game sounds really cool. The multithread thing seems to really work well.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Sounds awesome to me, im for it

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm totally into a game like that. we're playing enough games regularly that I don't see any reason to hold back on a cool new idea if you have one. There will always be a more vanilla game later.

+1
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
mckerney
Coordinator

I would play.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #9
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Sounds like a fun change of pace - although I hope you run it after the first week of June, since I am on vacation that week
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:31 PM   #10
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'm not next up so it probably falls into the June time frame.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:37 AM   #11
Danny
Head Coach

I'd join
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #12
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'll likely join provided your decisions aren't judged by how much detail you write up for them. I've decided the subjectively judged games frustrate me too much to enjoy.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #13
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would be out. I am travelling a lot coming up and a game like this seems to hard to follow.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #14
Schmidty
Coordinator

If I'm out of the hospital by the time it starts, I'd play. Basically, if it's mid-late June, I'll be in.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #15
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
If I'm out of the hospital by the time it starts, I'd play. Basically, if it's mid-late June, I'll be in.

good luck bud!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #16
Schmidty
Coordinator

Thanks Lathum!
Old 05-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #17
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Game
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote