Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Absolutely a wolf, huh ?

See, I wasn't the only one.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #2652
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yeah, posting too much in the thread never works.

I'm just glad the game ended the day it did, as I don't think I would have been able to stay alive Day 8. And that is the sort of comment I usually make as a wolf, not as a villager.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #2653
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

I'm just glad the game ended the day it did, as I don't think I would have been able to stay alive Day 8. And that is the sort of comment I usually make as a wolf, not as a villager.

i'm' glad you were a villager, i BG'd you twice
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #2654
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
i'm' glad you were a villager, i BG'd you twice

That was a ballsy move!
I believed hoops but still...it IS hoops!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #2655
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

As I commented in the JAG thread, that last couple days, you reminded me of me yelling at the village to prove your innocence and not caring if they screwed themselves.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #2656
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

i went

hoops, J23, almost Autumn but switched to Thomkal last minute (seriously thought about using my ability and BG'ing J23 again but decided to try and save it for later), hoops, racer

I tried to scare the wolves off from trying to kill me since I wasn't invicible but did have a chance to block a NK against myself and a chance to kill the attacker
Old 08-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #2657
Thomkal
Head Coach

thanks Chubby.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #2658
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Was EF REALLY invincible or whatever or was all that just BS to keep the wolves from killing him.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #2659
Zinto
College Starter

I thought you had 2 hit points like Batman in Autumn's game. We thought you where playing day two extremely weird and when you survived the night kill I figured you must have known you where going to survive the lynch and still have one one more life.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #2660
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I thought you had 2 hit points like Batman in Autumn's game. We thought you where playing day two extremely weird and when you survived the night kill I figured you must have known you where going to survive the lynch and still have one one more life.

who me? I didn't have any HP, if lynched i would have been dead at any time. I could survive one NK from the start, once I got my hammer I got chances to survive another and take out the attacker
Old 08-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #2661
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
who me? I didn't have any HP, if lynched i would have been dead at any time. I could survive one NK from the start, once I got my hammer I got chances to survive another and take out the attacker

Yeah that's what was going through my head when you said you would survive night kills I thought you where just lying about it so we took a shot at you and luckily it was my turn to night kill or if we didn't kill you we would not have tried again.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #2662
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Was EF REALLY invincible or whatever or was all that just BS to keep the wolves from killing him.

Just BS. He could've been NK'ed at any point.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #2663
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I figured that. heh. Can't believe they bought it.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #2664
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Yeah that's what was going through my head when you said you would survive night kills I thought you where just lying about it so we took a shot at you and luckily it was my turn to night kill or if we didn't kill you we would not have tried again.

i had 1/3 chance of surviving a NK
1/6 chance of surviving a loki NK
100% chance of surviving a giant NK, 100% chance of killing said giant

(all post getting the hammer)
Old 08-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #2665
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This isn't a slight to any of the awesome players we have now, more funny going back several years, but I never thought I would see the day me, Hoops, and Barkeep would live to see the end of the same game as villagers.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #2666
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
This isn't a slight to any of the awesome players we have now, more funny going back several years, but I never thought I would see the day me, Hoops, and Barkeep would live to see the end of the same game as villagers.

I see what you mean. It was kinda crazy having that group plus a couple others live that long when usually they are killed pretty quickly by various methods. I kind of attributed that to the extra people and the oldbies coming back.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #2667
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

It doesn't seem all that long ago you couldn't make it past D2 alive.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #2668
Autumn
Head Coach

Just a couple months ago you guys were going through a long string of dying immediately, and getting really frustrated. So I'm glad to see we've dialed back on that enough to let you guys play through. I think we've had other guys come through with great villager or wolf games now, so there's not such a need to kill or lynch y'all.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #2669
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Just a couple months ago you guys were going through a long string of dying immediately, and getting really frustrated. So I'm glad to see we've dialed back on that enough to let you guys play through. I think we've had other guys come through with great villager or wolf games now, so there's not such a need to kill or lynch y'all.

I agree with this, some amazing play by everyone lately. I think I am going to adopt the new NTN style of playing, I've made it to the end of the game back to back.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #2670
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

I agree with this, some amazing play by everyone lately. I think I am going to adopt the new NTN style of playing, I've made it to the end of the game back to back.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #2671
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
As I commented in the JAG thread, that last couple days, you reminded me of me yelling at the village to prove your innocence and not caring if they screwed themselves.

I cared - I deeply cared - but there was an element of "I'm going to push my agenda like crazy while I'm still around to promote it". I'm definitely not good at going quietly, and that is almost as true as a wolf.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #2672
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, your NTN style is going to get me to nuke you for not playing like yourself. I was already pushing this the last few days. It freaked me out, and that was after I had defended you earlier in the game.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #2673
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I figured that. heh. Can't believe they bought it.

Wasn't sure if they bought it or were just waiting for the mistletoe so they could get two night kills during and not have to waste a night kill on me.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #2674
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Lathum, your NTN style is going to get me to nuke you for not playing like yourself. I was already pushing this the last few days. It freaked me out, and that was after I had defended you earlier in the game.

Yeah, it's the type of thing that may work once or twice, but I don't see this being effective long term. I tend to vote for those types of players early in game and give the more vocal / active players a pass unless their is evidence against them.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #2675
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Wasn't sure if they bought it or were just waiting for the mistletoe so they could get two night kills during and not have to waste a night kill on me.

Hey, I get some credit for hoarding the mistletoe
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:15 PM   #2676
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I cared - I deeply cared - but there was an element of "I'm going to push my agenda like crazy while I'm still around to promote it". I'm definitely not good at going quietly, and that is almost as true as a wolf.

I could definitely tell you cared for sure. But how passionate you were getting just didn't seem to be your usual self and definitely not something you do as a wolf. As a wolf you are calm and Satanic and sly speaking very quietly and succinctly and suggesting things that sound perfectly logical.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #2677
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think hoops is better than anyone at varying his game. The crazy side is always just beneath the surface. The analytic side is just beneath surface. And depending on the day or the game you get to see which side of hoops he's chosen to show.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #2678
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Was a good game. Bummer I get a super role and die day one. Still can't believe DV tried to pull that crap day 1
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #2679
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

As a note, this game was actually WW CXXXVI, not WW CXXVI