Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #151
hoopsguy
General Manager

Submariner is a tough one to place; really depends on context. But for the most part, at least during the time I actively read comics, he was a good guy. The times he was cast as bad usually involved him getting in some kind of political dispute around his homeland (Atlantis) or over desiring Invisible Girl/Woman but I think those lame stories ended in the 60s.

He was a good guy during the WW II era, fighting with Captain America against the Nazis, if I recall correctly. I'm still not sure about era in this game, but since Captain America and the Red Skull are so intimately tied to the Cosmic Cube storylines that is where I would place him.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:41 PM   #152
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't feel like I've got any more clarity on how to act today than I did yesterday. While I think that Submariner should be classified as a hero, I'm not 100% sure that Marvel comic roles absolutely correlate to good/evil in this particular game. This appears to be a "no reveal on death" game, so we've got no idea of faction or abilities associated with Sub-mariner.

So I don't know whether to be glad or upset about the late movement that sank the swimmer.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:56 PM   #153
MrBug708
Head Coach

Have to admit, didn't expect the hour earlier deadline, but I also didnt bother to check either.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #154
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Yo Chubby! Clarification please!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:19 PM   #155
mckerney
Coordinator

Ow.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #156
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Does anyone know a good exorcism? My mother and sister are watching Jersey Shore!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #157
Autumn
Head Coach

Sorry I wasn't around folks, I didn't really expect to be out half the day, but that's how it happened.

Sucks that our first lynch is such a wishy-washy character. based on my comic reading, I would paint him as a Hero. He sometimes plays the antagonist, but I don't think I'd lump him with super villains.

Not much else to say, I had to read through fast, I saw a lot of votes on Mckerney at the end, but maybe just typical "we don't want ties" stuff? Hopefully someone kept a vote history.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #158
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

4am deadline, ugh

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #159
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

4am deadline. Yay!
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:12 AM   #160
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I was pretty much expecting no-role reveal. Makes voting even more of a crap-shoot.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:17 AM   #161
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
A team reveal certainly is not going to be something we can accept at face value, but it will at least give us a new layer of information to work with, and allow us to start focusing on determining what is true and what is not, the basis of all WW games. Plus, it allows us to work together as teams and see what comes of that as well.

I've got to think that there is some sort of mechanic in the game to make team reveals unproductive. If there isn't and we all just reveal now then whoever's side mckerney was on is going to lose, because we'll all just vote for one person on the other team.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:32 AM   #162
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'd like Monday - but if it's got to be over the weekend then I'll take Sunday, please.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:27 AM   #163
MrBug708
Head Coach

Monday
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:22 AM   #164
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

For what it's worth I normally think of Submariner as being a good guy because he was a member of the Avengers at some stage. Just a good guy with own issues that can blur the line.

Wonder if we're all tweeners to make it hard to get a read on which side everyone is. My character has been on both sides of the fence at some stage, although they are probably associated most with one side (well, by me with my un-up-to-date knowledge, anyway). I'd imagine there are easily way more than 16 biggish characters in Marvel who could be characterised as tweeners at one stage or other.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:24 AM   #165
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Oh I'm lacking the impetous to do a vote tally thingy at the moment. Doesn't really seem worthwhile in this ruleset.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:05 AM   #166
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Yo Chubby! Clarification please!

on what?

4am deadline was due to my work schedule. It was either that or do the same deadline for day/night like Thor game (which I liked) but ultimately I chose to give the players some time to adjust based on lynch.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:14 AM   #167
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

As the world wakes, there does not appear to be any news of any sudden and mysterious deaths.

Day 2 begins. Deadline is Friday 9pm EST. PMs have been sent.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:18 AM   #168
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

A bright light flashes again and blinds you. When your vision returns you feel slightly different as if something has changed. Has someone used the cube yet again? If so, who and for what ends? Will you ever receive anymore information or are you forever banished to the land of ignorance? Does everyone need to get sunglasses? These flashes seem to be getting brighter and more frequent...
Old 08-26-2011, 04:19 AM   #169
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Thank goodness for that. Means I can get my vote in now as I don't know if I'm going to be around for the rest of today. We're travelling to Linköping today and then being at a friends house so it's not fantastically likely that I'll be around much.

Vote Bhlloy

I've a feeling that he doesn't seem to be on the right side. Got precious little else to go with so I'll just have to follow that feeling.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:55 AM   #170
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

WTF is going on.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:58 AM   #171
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

From that writeup (and I know nil about comics) he seems like a good guy. Not that I know what this means or how it changes anything.

My best guess is the factions are still being formed (the flashes) and people are getting their powers (though I'm still powerless).

I have the sinking feeling that Day 2 is going to be one of THOSE days. One of the "hey remember when PLayerX went all Y on things and basically won that one game?"
Old 08-26-2011, 07:56 AM   #172
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't think I'm going to be "PLayerX" today - I'm still as in the dark now as I was at this time yesterday.

Maybe someone has information that will clue the rest of us in - I'm all for having something to help guide actions at this point.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:00 AM   #173
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Oh, also, I vote Sunday
Old 08-26-2011, 08:06 AM   #174
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
My best guess is the factions are still being formed (the flashes) and people are getting their powers (though I'm still powerless).

What do you mean factions are being formed? Are you not on the side of good or evil at the moment?
Old 08-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #175
Autumn
Head Coach

The only thing I see to work on is that a lot of people jumped from Jackal at the end and onto Mckerney, who I believe was a Hero. So the simplest thing to do:

vote the jackal
Old 08-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #176
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
What do you mean factions are being formed? Are you not on the side of good or evil at the moment?

I'm on one of those two, but can't PM anyone. I assume those Chubby flashes are connections being made between 2+ like-sided folks
Old 08-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #177
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
The only thing I see to work on is that a lot of people jumped from Jackal at the end and onto Mckerney, who I believe was a Hero. So the simplest thing to do:

vote the jackal

Actually, I'm the only one that jumped from The Jackal to mckerney. And that was to prevent a tie, at eight minutes to deadline. At essentially the same time Danny also moved to mckerney to also prevent a tie.. but he was on me before then.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #178
Danny
Head Coach

I still think assuming Mckerney is a hero is a mistake. We really don't know, he may have been, but I think it's just as likely he was not.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #179
Danny
Head Coach

One of the reasons I am not as sold on Sub Mariner is while he may have often been good, I believe most of his uses of the cube was for evil purposes.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:40 AM   #180
Danny
Head Coach

Well found this relating to him "The Sub-Mariner recovered the Cube only to lose it to the ocean after an attempted revenge against the Avengers" Seems to be the only mention of him regarding the cube.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #181
The Jackal
Coordinator

I was tending to think I'd vote for someone who stayed on me after I said I wasn't a villain yesterday, mainly hoops, heinz, or DV.

So, with plenty of room for movement if we get any sort of useful info..

VOTE DV
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #182
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I was tending to think I'd vote for someone who stayed on me after I said I wasn't a villain yesterday ...

What post number was that? And why would you expect anyone to believe you when you claim to not be a villain?
Old 08-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #183
hoopsguy
General Manager

Therein lies the challenge - I was in and out after putting the vote down, but I'm honestly not sure what kind of reveal I would have believed yesterday (or today) to keep me from going ahead with a lynching.

Without any idea of what roles are in the game, what roles are on my side, what roles are on enemy side, or how people are communicating with each other I'm feeling pretty adrift right now. Voting might as well be throwing darts at the moment. Hopefully something emerges to provide some clarity.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #184
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
What post number was that? And why would you expect anyone to believe you when you claim to not be a villain?

Post 52

Quote:
I'm not a villain.

Hopefully there's a soothsayer.

I had said it before realizing that we're equally divided. When I said it I thought there were a small number of villains, like a usual group of wolves, but since we're supposedly split equally, there's not much reason for me to lie. And I would expect mainly villains to end up on me after I revealed my allegiance.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #185
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I agree it's really still a crapshoot and I still stand by the thoughts of Submariner/mckerney was good just by the wiki entry from post #1.

Someone on that list of voters for him would have know too I'm guessing
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #186
The Jackal
Coordinator

Of course the argument could be made that since I didn't know about the rules, I would have said I was a hero even if I was a villain. But there's no reason for me to lie about it now. I wouldn't want fellow villains voting for me if I was one!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #187
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Of course the argument could be made that since I didn't know about the rules, I would have said I was a hero even if I was a villain. But there's no reason for me to lie about it now. I wouldn't want fellow villains voting for me if I was one!

Let me clarify, jehainz. What rules did you not know about?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #188
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

I didn't realize we were equally split, that's all. I thought the major group was heroes and villains were a minority.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #189
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I didn't realize we were equally split, that's all. I thought the major group was heroes and villains were a minority.

FWIW, that's right there in the rules post. Did you just scan over that?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:17 AM   #190
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Wha?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #191
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
FWIW, that's right there in the rules post. Did you just scan over that?

Sure did. I got back at 230 am Thursday morning and spent all day yesterday cleaning. I didn't read very closely and that's my fault.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #192
SnDvls
Pro Starter

vote Narcizo

didn't like that he didn't take his vote off yesterday after misinterperting the rules.

that's really all I got or going back to my day 1 vote.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #193
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

vote Sunday
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #194
Zinto
College Starter

I am not going to be around again today and I don't blame anyone for voting me because of that so I am going to place a quick vote.

Vote Mr.Bug
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #195
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Wha?

Sorry, got my "J's" confused.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #196
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post #195:

1 - bhlloy - Narcizo (169)
1 - The Jackal - Autumn (175)
1 - Darth Vilus - The Jackal (181)
1 - Narcizo - SnDvls (192)
1 - MrBug - Zinto (194)
Old 08-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #197
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I think we need information. So I am spilling the beans.

Yesterday, when the second flash of light happened, the Cube magically appeared in front of me, and I was in control of it. I was given little indication of what all powers it has, but that they were significant and many, kinda like a do all WW tool, I think.

I was told I could not use it until the night phase.

I attempted to contact everyone on my team vuia a PM, but it appears this did not work, maybe was beyond what the Cube could do. This morning, with the sim and my attempted use of the Cube, it up and disappeared again, no doubt to another player in the game.

So it looks like these flashes of light represents the Cube transporting itself to another player, probably after being used.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #198
The Jackal
Coordinator

That makes sense. So powers will likely rotate from person to person, maybe some will stick and others will be one off?
Old 08-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #199
Telle
College Starter

Interesting Chief. So am I correct in my understanding that your use of the cube was more or less "wasted", since you tried something that didn't work?
Old 08-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #200
bhlloy
Coordinator

Chief - was that the flash of light from 2:18am this morning (post #167) or the one during the day? Because if so that puts a pretty big fork in a theory I'm working on.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote