Old 08-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #301
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Rest.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #302
Danny
Head Coach

But you are on same side as someone? Me?
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #303
Autumn
Head Coach

This seems likely the power of a particular character, not the effect of the Cosmic Cube. So at least we know someone out there has a power!

Chubby mentioned Stark or someone seeing a big brain flying by. Isn't there a Hulk Villain with a big brain? Is there someone who basically is a big brain? I'm not thinking of anyone. If they have mental powers, seems a good suspect, which will tell us something about Narc at least.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #304
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
But you are on same side as someone? Me?

Did you attack him? Seems like he's saying he knows he's on the same side as the attacker.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #305
Autumn
Head Coach

Narc, do you know the character attacking you, just not the player?
Old 08-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #306
Danny
Head Coach

Except after I posted that, his immediate post was "fool". And then he indicated he didnt know attacker. That leads me to believe he doesn't know.

And no, I did not attack him, but I doubt I would admit it if I did anyway
Old 08-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #307
Danny
Head Coach

Maybe mastermind? Hulks nemesis? He has mind control powers I believe.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #308
Danny
Head Coach

Oops, his name is the leader
Old 08-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #309
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah that's how I was thinking of. Though he has a huge head, right? Is there someone who is just a big brain?

it seemed with all his ellipses that Narc was just continuing his train of thought, Danny, to m.e. I wonder if he just went to bed, or if that was all he could say.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #310
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Pictures have surfaced regarding the flying "brain" seen flying over Stark Tower earlier.

Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #311
Danny
Head Coach

Interesting, Modok was another prominent user / creator of a cube.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #312
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
This seems likely the power of a particular character, not the effect of the Cosmic Cube. So at least we know someone out there has a power!

Chubby mentioned Stark or someone seeing a big brain flying by. Isn't there a Hulk Villain with a big brain? Is there someone who basically is a big brain? I'm not thinking of anyone. If they have mental powers, seems a good suspect, which will tell us something about Narc at least.

Leader is the Hulk villain with oversized noggin. But flight isn't one of his powers, nor is there any kind of telepathy or mental attacks. He is just a super-genius. Maybe he constructed a ship in the shape of a brain?

I don't recall the Leader, Hulk, or Ross being involved in any Cosmic Cube stuff but we've seen Hulk die and Ross in the write-ups so maybe this is part of it?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #313
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Pictures have surfaced regarding the flying "brain" seen flying over Stark Tower earlier.

Catching up, and this makes a ton more sense. He is tightly tied to the Cube and further reinforces the Captain America/Red Skull tie-ins.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #314
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Leader is the Hulk villain with oversized noggin. But flight isn't one of his powers, nor is there any kind of telepathy or mental attacks. He is just a super-genius. Maybe he constructed a ship in the shape of a brain?

I don't recall the Leader, Hulk, or Ross being involved in any Cosmic Cube stuff but we've seen Hulk die and Ross in the write-ups so maybe this is part of it?

Have to take back part about no mental powers - guess he has some minor ones. Never been an active reader of Hulk comics, so must have missed these.
Leader (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"
The Leader has superhuman mental acumen, as a result of his exposure to an explosion of gamma-irradiated waste. He possesses enhanced intuition, pattern solving, information storage and retrieval, and logical and philosophical structuring. His ability to predict probable outcomes of tactical and strategic scenarios is so advanced that it borders on clairvoyance. The Leader has a perfect memory with the ability to recall every moment since the accident that gave him his powers. In addition to his superhuman intelligence, the Leader has limited but potent telekinetic and telepathic powers. He is able to mentally control non-gamma-mutated individuals upon touching them, and has toppled a very weakened Hulk with his telekinetic blasts.
The Leader possesses knowledge of genetics, physics, and robotics, and has designed a large number of sophisticated weapons, vehicles, computers, androids, and synthetic humanoids. He is particularly adept at genetic engineering and manipulating radiation for various nefarious purposes."
Old 08-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #315
hoopsguy
General Manager

Gack! Can't speak attacked same side fool! Don't know who. Tired. Rest.

That is the sum of Narcizo's posts. But it does suggest he was attacked by someone on his team, which may explain the different results on the BOOOOM! posts?
Old 08-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #316
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah, so most likely whoever attacked Narcizo now knows they are likely on the same side.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #317
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, that explains it. I had thought of MODOK but didn't think of him as 'brain'. I'm glad Chubby clarified that for us.

Reading the wiki on MODOK it seems like this could be his doing, some sort of mental beam attack.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #318
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sure what to make of these events during the night cycle. They seemingly aren't night abilities, since the deadline is still far away. But presumably day abilities would be processed at lynch. So it seems some have real-time abilities that can happen at any point.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #319
hoopsguy
General Manager

Would be nice to have Chief Rum around to ask him more about the Cube experience and learn if "player kill" was an option he had with the cube. But I'll take a stab at it.

Timeline:
1.) Day 2 lynch - Darth Vilus
2.) BOOOOM! 4 minutes later, guessing it was a day action that Chubby didn't run until after vote. If it was real-time, I would suspect it would have been processed before the vote if it could have impacted final results. End result = Magneto dead, presumably by kids.
3.) BOOOM! in middle of night phase, assuming this was real-time night action. End result = Narcizo attacked (by teammate?) but lives.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #320
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
You seem very confident/insistent that Submariner was a hero. Do you have knowledge that that's the case? Like a priest power?

Nope just how I reading the Wiki link...others seem to intetpert it different from me
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #321
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Would be nice to have Chief Rum around to ask him more about the Cube experience and learn if "player kill" was an option he had with the cube. But I'll take a stab at it.

Timeline:
1.) Day 2 lynch - Darth Vilus
2.) BOOOOM! 4 minutes later, guessing it was a day action that Chubby didn't run until after vote. If it was real-time, I would suspect it would have been processed before the vote if it could have impacted final results. End result = Magneto dead, presumably by kids.
3.) BOOOM! in middle of night phase, assuming this was real-time night action. End result = Narcizo attacked (by teammate?) but lives.

I know it is dangerous to assume, but Chief did say he was given carte blanche ww powers with the cube. so it does make since he would have had that option.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #322
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, that explains it. I had thought of MODOK but didn't think of him as 'brain'. I'm glad Chubby clarified that for us.

Reading the wiki on MODOK it seems like this could be his doing, some sort of mental beam attack.

Am I missing something that is preventing the obvious link? If Modok is bad and he attacked Nar, and has claimed they are on the same side, doesnt that make Narizco on the side of the villains? Im skeptical now because I'm generally not the first person to ever make connections, but it seems like that is what's being made know?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #323
Autumn
Head Coach

If MODOK was the attacker, definitely. I don't want to read too much into it until we know more, since we've seen other figures in Chubby's writeups and they haven't seemed to mean anything yet (we've seen Stark, Captain America, Red Skull, etc., to no seeming effect).
Old 08-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #324
hoopsguy
General Manager

Modok was spotted in post #273 and Narcizo was attacked in post #275. I had not considered one as a precursor to the other when I read it.

The mental power aspect of Modok's powers, coupled with Narcizo not being able to put more than one word in his posts, makes sense but has Narcizo said anything about it being a mental attack? For all we know, someone could have physically injured him rather than it being a mental attack.

I don't really trust Narcizo to answer this one faithfully, even if it is in one word answers. If he is a bad guy, he'll deny the Modok linkage to try and avoid a run on him. If he is a good guy, then you wouldn't think Modok would be on the same team (which Narcizo did seem to say - attacker was on same team) unless our hero/villain characters are not tied to side in this game.

I strongly suspect that Modok is a bad guy in terms this game, but don't know whether he is played by someone or just an NPC in terms of Chubby's storytelling. My own character has been pretty confusing based on the people who have been revealed by death so far, which might be part of why I'm struggling to take characters at face value.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #325
The Jackal
Coordinator

I still have power as of now but sounds like NYC is planning on turning off power in a lot of areas, so I may or may not be around to comment starting in a few hours. Hopefully it doesn't blow up my windows!

A bit distracted as you might expect. I haven't had any action with the cube yet so I've little to report. Tending to think Narcizo and whoever attacked him are on the opposite side of me, but certainly waiting to see what happens with the night phase (if I'm able to access the site!)
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #326
The Jackal
Coordinator

Also a belated apology to DV, I should've gone with hoops or heinz instead as a target, didn't realize such a run would develop on you.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #327
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

A bright light flashes again and blinds you. When your vision returns you feel slightly different as if something has changed. Has someone used the cube yet again? If so, who and for what ends? This flash seemed a little brighter and to last a little longer than the previous ones.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #328
hoopsguy
General Manager

Not to belabor the obvious, but right now I'm assuming that all of these flashes are someone using a Cube power, and that at least some of these uses are taking place real-time instead of being end-of-day/night actions.

If anyone has a different interpretation, I would like to hear it.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #329
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry about my vote. Blanked out.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #330
The Jackal
Coordinator

That sounds like exactly what's going on hoops, from an observer that hasn't interacted with the cube yet.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #331
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm guessing its the sort of thing where you can choose a standard WW power like NK, BG, duke, or try and be fancy and see what happens, perhaps akin to the role from your marvel game.. the one that could make inventions, I forget which now.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #332
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not to belabor the obvious, but right now I'm assuming that all of these flashes are someone using a Cube power, and that at least some of these uses are taking place real-time instead of being end-of-day/night actions.

If anyone has a different interpretation, I would like to hear it.

I think CR allued/said that is what the flashes are/were
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #333
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I wonder if CR's description of the use of the cube is valid in every case not only getting some ww power, but then some other power of not the users design,
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #334
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

The night ends... uneventfully. No loud noises or bright flashes of light. What could THAT mean???

I'm going to go ahead and make the decision to delay Day 3 deadline until Monday 9pm EST just to be safe. Would rather get it out there early instead of last minute.

PMs have been sent.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #335
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm guessing with the lack of deaths so far we're gonna see some multiple deaths at some point. Sweet, sweet, bull moose specials.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:33 AM   #336
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

A bright light flashes again and blinds you. When your vision returns you feel slightly different as if something has changed. Has someone used the cube yet again? If so, who and for what ends? This flash seemed a little brighter and to last a little longer than the previous ones.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #337
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Gack!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #338
bhlloy
Coordinator

OK, so I'll put this out there in the hopes of stimulating some conversation as we really seem to be hitting the wall here. I received the cube from CR (I assume from his posts, I wasn't told who it came from) on Friday and finally used it yesterday to scan for a certain character and attempt to pass him the cube. That was the first flash of light, so presumably somebody else has used it since then.

Putting this out there so we can get some discussion going and hopefully some more info for the person who just used it. Questions?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #339
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Mental ...
Old 08-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #340
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

attack.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #341
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Modok?
Old 08-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #342
bhlloy
Coordinator

lol... at least you are amusing me Narc. Did you get any idea when you might not be mental attacked any more?
Old 08-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #343
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Same ...
Old 08-28-2011, 01:12 PM   #344
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
OK, so I'll put this out there in the hopes of stimulating some conversation as we really seem to be hitting the wall here. I received the cube from CR (I assume from his posts, I wasn't told who it came from) on Friday and finally used it yesterday to scan for a certain character and attempt to pass him the cube. That was the first flash of light, so presumably somebody else has used it since then.

Putting this out there so we can get some discussion going and hopefully some more info for the person who just used it. Questions?

So you think the flash of light yesterday afternoon was your use? Were you told you were successful in your action?
Old 08-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #345
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

It almost seemed like during the flash you saw a glimpse of... a hammer?
Old 08-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #346
Autumn
Head Coach

lol, well that was fast!
Old 08-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #347
Autumn
Head Coach

That's curious. Chief had said he wasn't able to use the Cube until the night phase, and looking back it seemed like probably it can only be used once per phase at the most. But I think we've seen it twice already this day.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #348
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
So you think the flash of light yesterday afternoon was your use? Were you told you were successful in your action?

Yeah, the one at 10:51am PST was mine. I was successful in identifying the character, I wasn't told if I was successful in passing the cube to him though. The cube was just gone after I used it.

The reason I didn't use it before and held onto it for an entire day is a) wanted to see if there was anything in game I could use to make my use of it more productive and b) there is some stuff in the game rules that imply we shouldn't overuse the cube, so I wanted to be a little bit cautious in using it
Old 08-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #349
Autumn
Head Coach

Narcizo, was it MODOK that attacked you? Did you confirm he's in the game, or are you just guessing?
Old 08-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #350
Autumn
Head Coach

So it seems that the Cube can be used for a one time scan then. That kind of sucks, given the team breakdown, but it also means we can reveal info freely, which is good.