Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

An Arkham City Christmas Carol

Since there isn't anyone jumping in I'll throw in a quick game to get us to the holidays. We'll try to start it Wednesday or Thursday.

This will be a very basic game of WW with a bit of an Arkham City theme.

The villagers will actually be the inmates and the werewolves will be Batman and company.

I'll get the rules/roles up this evening.

The deadline will be 9:00 PM EST weekdays.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Rules

Deadline - 9 PM EST (One deadline for all actions - 9:00 is on time, 9:01 is late)

Conditional Orders - Acceptable but must be specific enough.

Night Orders - Anyone with a Night Order must submit a PM titled Night X Order (with X being the night number). In recent games the wolves have buried their orders within a pile of PM's and responses. If the wolves are responding amongst themselves to the submitted orders, please change the PM subject. Ordersmay be changed after submitted; up until the deadline.

Lynch Vote - Please make your lynch vote in the format vote Player; preferably as the first line of a post. The person with the most votes will be lynched by the angry crowd of convicts; which could get ugly.

Tie Vote - A tie vote will result in a random lynch.

Night Orders - The order which night orders will be processed. 1) Any "non-kill" actions by the wolves. 2) Joker and Penguin actions, if they have actions. 3) If they have actions and they conflict a random roll will determine who goes first. 4) Any village orders from players other than Joker and Penguin. 5) Any "kill" actions by the wolves.

Last edited by EagleFan : 12-12-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Roles

"Village" Roles

Joker - One of the battling crime bosses attempting to take over Arkham City. You have various powers which only you know about, and anyone that you may "share" them with. You must find Batman... then maybe kill him.

Penguin - The other battling crime boss. Your powers are a mystery to all except you. You must kill Batman.

"Wolf" Roles

Batman - You must find and stop Joker and Penguin and clean up the streets.

Catwoman - You must do your best to cleam up the streets along with Batman... or do you?

Robin - You are a confused young man with an almost creepy affinity for Batman. You follow his every word, it's quite disturbing actually.

Last edited by EagleFan : 12-12-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Signup List

1) Autumn
2) CrimsonFox
3) Darth Vilus
4) mauboy1
5) Danny
6) Zinto
7) Julio Riddols
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)

Last edited by EagleFan : 12-16-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm in. I may not be around much at deadline, I hope (hoping to have some evenings off this week) but I should be able to participate enough.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'm in (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I've lost Sanity already!)
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #7
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh wait....wrong arkham....another Batman theme? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH RUN AWAY ! RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'll play

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #9
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Not really fitting of this game's theme but a good song for this frum...

Old 12-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #11
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I'll play

YAY! THe Sith Lord got a new Death Star to play on!
Old 12-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #12
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

In.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #13
Danny
Head Coach

ill play as well, i hope i am sheldon
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #14
The Jackal
Coordinator

Can't do it, so busy right now. Which is a great thing, but I wouldn't have any time to give a good effort in this game. Next year!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:39 PM   #15
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Maybe I should have gone with a Tim Tebow themed game. That may have been a bigger draw.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:41 PM   #16
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

who?
Old 12-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #17
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
YAY! THe Sith Lord got a new Death Star to play on!

And it's greater and more terrible than ever before!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 12-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #18
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
And it's greater and more terrible than ever before!

Hopefully it doesn't have one of those vents that you can shoot a laser down that will blow it up.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #19
Zinto
College Starter

Exams are about to be over and I will not be extremely busy so I am in!
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #20
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Hopefully it doesn't have one of those vents that you can shoot a laser down that will blow it up.

Hell no! I saw Robot Chicken!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 12-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #21
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

This isn't going well. If worst comes to worst we'll go with a small game of vanilla WW.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:50 AM   #22
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

vote EF
Old 12-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #23
Autumn
Head Coach

I suggest instead of waiting for the people to come to the game, we take the game to the people. We choose a signup list ourselves,and then start following those people around FOFC voting them if they seem suspicious. It might at least encourage them to come here and vote for us.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #24
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I suggest instead of waiting for the people to come to the game, we take the game to the people. We choose a signup list ourselves,and then start following those people around FOFC voting them if they seem suspicious. It might at least encourage them to come here and vote for us.

Hmm, we may have to find a way to make that happen.

Would probably lead to a bunch of boxings though...

Poster A in the Sandusky thread - I think PSU did the right thing in firing Paterno.

Autumn - What do you mean by that? Usually you don't come out and say something that strong. Something seems suspicious!

CF - You're reading way too much into what he said. I don't think that he is acting too suspicious. Though I don't exactly trust him yet either.

Poster A - WTF?

CF - Of course now he's getting defensive. We should look into his posting history.

Poster A - What are you trying to f****** accuse me of? You better not be trying to say what I think you are!!!! Who the f*** are you to accuse me of something like that!

Danny - I was perfectly happy watching poster A to see if he was acting funny but I think this reaction is only an emotional reaction to your accusations and not a sign of anything worse.

CF - Why are people always cussing at me?

Flying Doggie of Doom - Maybe a month in the box will straighten all of you out.

Lathum - You can't blame me for this one.

Schmidty - Are you saying that I'm to blame instead?!?!

Lathum - What?!?!

The Ex-Small One - (rambling defense os those being boxed)

Poli - 3...2...1 NUCLEAR!!!!

Hmmm, maybe that's not such a good idea after all.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #25
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Vanilla WW might be the best way for me to get into this.. I'm reading old threads trying to grasp exactly how this game goes down. It looks like folks basically throw out bits of information that may or may not be true throughout the day and then people vote based on that.. And I just saw this listed as the number 2 party game on boardgamegeek, which got my interest going..

I am tentatively in, but I kind of need some clarification with regards to how this is supposed to play out since I have never played the game before. If anyone feels like PMing that to me or posting it here, that would be awesome.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #26
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Vanilla WW might be the best way for me to get into this.. I'm reading old threads trying to grasp exactly how this game goes down. It looks like folks basically throw out bits of information that may or may not be true throughout the day and then people vote based on that.. And I just saw this listed as the number 2 party game on boardgamegeek, which got my interest going..

I am tentatively in, but I kind of need some clarification with regards to how this is supposed to play out since I have never played the game before. If anyone feels like PMing that to me or posting it here, that would be awesome.

Welcome aboard.

I am going to scale this back to vanilla at this point.

Basically in a vanilla game there are wolves and villagers. The wolves usually start the game out at about a 4:1 disadvantage in numbers. The wolves usually may PM each other and know who else are wolves. The villagers don't and have no PM rights.

In a basic game there may be a seer and a bodyguard on the villager's side. They are players who may perform a night action. The seer would pick a player to "scan" that night to see if they are a wolf. The bodyguard would pick a player to "protect" and if the wolves chose that player to attack that night the attack will be unsuccessful.

Each day there is a lynch vote. Everyone votes in thread who they feel is a wolf. The player with the most votes is lynched and removed from the game and we find out what role that player had.

Each night the wolves submit a player which they would like to attack. That player will be "killed" and removed from the game and any role they had will be revealed.

The bodyguard usually can't guard the same person two nights in a row. This keeps the seer from announcing themselves in thread and being protected every night so they can continue to scan and announce the results of the scan.

The wolves may also have roles within their numbers as well. There is usually a brutal wolf. That wolf may pick a player to take with them when/if they are lynched. There may also be a cunning wolf, this wolf will scan as a villager.

To win the game the villagers must eliminate all the wolves. The wolves win if they achieve a 1:1 ratio with the village.

There are many variations but that is the basic idea of the game.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #27
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Right on, I am definitely in. I also got a PM from Autumn and now things seem pretty clear to me. I like a game of bluffing and misleading quite a bit, so this seems right up my alley. I'll be ready to roll whenever things start up, although I can see it may take a little time due to the holidays.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #28
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Hmm, we may have to find a way to make that happen.

Would probably lead to a bunch of boxings though...

Poster A in the Sandusky thread - I think PSU did the right thing in firing Paterno.

Autumn - What do you mean by that? Usually you don't come out and say something that strong. Something seems suspicious!

CF - You're reading way too much into what he said. I don't think that he is acting too suspicious. Though I don't exactly trust him yet either.

Poster A - WTF?

CF - Of course now he's getting defensive. We should look into his posting history.

Poster A - What are you trying to f****** accuse me of? You better not be trying to say what I think you are!!!! Who the f*** are you to accuse me of something like that!

Danny - I was perfectly happy watching poster A to see if he was acting funny but I think this reaction is only an emotional reaction to your accusations and not a sign of anything worse.

CF - Why are people always cussing at me?

Flying Doggie of Doom - Maybe a month in the box will straighten all of you out.

Lathum - You can't blame me for this one.

Schmidty - Are you saying that I'm to blame instead?!?!

Lathum - What?!?!

The Ex-Small One - (rambling defense os those being boxed)

Poli - 3...2...1 NUCLEAR!!!!

Hmmm, maybe that's not such a good idea after all.

I approve of this post.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #29
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I approve of this post.

me too! HIlarious!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #30
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'll try to make a push for getting this started Monday. We'll just go vanilla small game rules. I'll update the rules and roles over the weekend.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #31
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

EF, that was a good impersonation of me except that by the end of the first line I would vote for Autumn.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #32
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EF, that was a good impersonation of me except that by the end of the first line I would vote for Autumn.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #33
Autumn
Head Coach

I think a meta-Werewolf game would be awesome if we could figure this out.

I'm good with a tiny game. Maybe it will get things rolling.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #34
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think a meta-Werewolf game would be awesome if we could figure this out.

I'm good with a tiny game. Maybe it will get things rolling.

A forum-wide game where there are no PM abilities in game. The wolves know the other wolves but the only way to communicate would be through posts somehow.

I'll have to think about this for future possibilities.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #35
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Hmmm...I see...

So the players of the game are us.
And the people we vote for are all people that are NOT playing. (a predetermined list)

And if one of the not players wanders in here and votes their vote countvs twice.

Of course only the DM knows who the wolves are. Kill all the wolves and win. etc
Old 12-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #36
Autumn
Head Coach

Or conversely, CF, like EF was describing. The game is the usual, but there is no game thread. We have to follow each other's posts around the board.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #37
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Or conversely, CF, like EF was describing. The game is the usual, but there is no game thread. We have to follow each other's posts around the board.

HAHAHAHAHA! So whatever thread you are in you can vote for someone there?

Well there has to be a finite group of people to vote for. Or are you saying we're STILL just voting for each other?

ANd would there be a vote count or would it be similar to the evil dead game where there wasn't.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #38
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Granted I think it would be funnier if we voted for people who didn't know they were playing.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #39
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I would think we still have a thread for the game where the voting takes place and can still be used for discussing the game.

Will need to think through this a little more to see what we can come up with.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #40
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I think this game will not be happening, especially with the Holidays only a couple days away.

Though I came up with this idea for an outside of the box game sometime....

The Werewolf Invitational

After everyone signs up and roles are given out each person may submit the name of one person from the forum to me (or whoever is running the game). That will be a person that is not currently playing in the game.

An invitation will be sent to that person to join the game. Anyone that signs up will be given a role (will keep the same ratio of wolves to village) and for each invitation accepted the original player who invited that player will gain an extra ability in the game.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:00 AM   #41
Danny
Head Coach

I think after new years we should be able to get a game going.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:12 AM   #42
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

vote PB