Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

DII.1 Design Your Own Dungeon Room!!

Hello folks!

I hope your Dungeon hiatus has been happy and fun filled and that you'll consider playing in the Dark Tower going on right now!

I am beginning to lay the foundation for DIII The Dungeon 3, and the hardest part is always the rooms. They are huge, take up ,massive amounts of space, and need to be distinct from each other.

I'd love for the community to help with submissions!

I'll post the descriptions in a few minutes for a few rooms, and let you see what they look like. Then you can create your own rooms, and PM them to me. Those I like I'll use in DIII. (I may make some modifications).

Thanks ahead of time for any assistance you can offer!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sweet. Great idea.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:19 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Sweet. Great idea.

Thanks!

Old 05-19-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Famous Leprechaun Room:

This room has several holly bushes. Among the holly bushes are untold Leprechauns. At any time, you may Insult a Leprechaun.

If a Leprechaun is insulted, it will attack. Leprechaun – 3 hp, Ac3, XP500, deal 1d4 damage in combat. Each Leprechaun knows one random level one Mage spell. They have 50 gold and a random level one magic item on each one. There are countless numbers of Leprechauns in here.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here's a typical room:

You smell to odor of cooking coney. As you enter the room, you see a large number of bandits cooking dinner over a fire. Several see you and charge to attack, leaving others to continue cooking.

Bandit (5 charge) – AC 6, HP6, 1d8 damage, 400 XP. Each drops leather armor, 50 gold, and a long sword. The first one ever killed has a Plain Helm. A new group of 5 will attack the next person to enter the room.

There is a small locked secret panel that hides a +1 dagger, robes, 3 rations, and a Scroll of Floating Disk can be found.

There is a Pit Trap here that is very deep. Anyone who falls in will land in 3C in the Under Dungeon, and take 2d6 damage.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-19-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I like the Barrow-Downs,but if they stay, I'll likely revamp them, o here they are:

When you enter this room, you see a large field with rolling artificial hills. At the base of each hill is a small door, impossible for a Taurian to fit through. As you continue through the room, you realize that you these are barrows. While in this room, you may take an action to Investigate a Barrow. Suddenly, a Wight phases in front of you from one of the barrows and attacks!

Wight – 22 HP, AC4, damage 1d4/1d4 – each hit causes the target to lose 100 XP. Worth 2000 XP. Drops 500 gold.

Whenever a player investigates a barrow – roll randomly to determine which barrow is investigated.

1 – There is another Wight in here that must be fought. Once killed (and yes, it gives 500 gold as well), they discover the Axe of Cleaving, as well as a Potion of Remedy and a Scroll of Protection from Fire.
2 – This barrow contains thee ghouls (Hp 13, AC6, deal d1d4/1d4/1d6 damage, worth 1000 XP each). When killed, have to survive a Spike Trap 3d6 damage. Then discovers Wand of Identification with 7 charges, Horse Figurine and +3 robes.
3 – This barrow has no creatures but a deadly trap – a Poison Dart Trap that deals just 1d4 damage but forces a person to operate at -2 to hit, damage and AC until cured. A trapped wooden chest contains a Bead of Force, Gladius of Flame and Scroll of Recharging.
4 – This barrow has a Wight that must be killed. Treasure in here is a Potion of Invulnerability, Ring of Wizardry and Scroll of Understanding.
5 – This barrow has a pair of Wights! Both must be killed. Once dead, you find a Wand of Lightning with 5 charges, Antidote Potion, Scroll of Wall of Force and Wizard’s Staff.
6 – This barrow has a dozen skeletons in it (Skeleton – 4 hp, Ac5, deals 1d8 damage from battle axe, 200 XP each). They each have a shield and battle axe which can be taken. The barrow has a Potion of Nocturne, Scroll of Atrophy (Cursed) and +3 warhammer.
7 – This barrow is empty of creatures, but has a lajatang and Scroll of Acid Arrow in it.
8 – This barrow is being raided by a treasure hunter! She has already slain some undead, but now you are infiltrating her treasure, and she won’t have it! (Treasure Hunter, 17 HP, AC4, deals 1d6 damage from crossbow, 1000 XP). On her body is 300 gold and a Scroll of Efreet Summoning.

Each time someone goes into a barrow, they have the same chance for each one, even if they have already found it.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:25 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A delicate stream falls runs through the room. In the middle of the stream, on a little isle, is a pedestal. On the pedestal is a shiny powerful sword. As an action, you may try to enter the stream and Reach for the Sword. You can cross to the other side and move on by hopping across a narrow area away from the isle.

The stream is, of course, acidic, and will result in a person taking 1d6 damage. The sword is a Sword of Envowelment. (See description of The Dispeller elsewhere) Underneath it on the pedestal is a Scroll of Shrink.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-19-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As you enter the room, it disappears and replacing it is a desert and trade caravan. There are numerous lizards, being led by merchant Sis’Sharr. While in here, whenever you take an action you will lose 10% of your max hit points due to the heat, unless you are a Sis’Sharr of Flame-Kin. You may take an action to Barter with the Sis’Sharr.

Those that Barter can purchase any of the items normally available at the Djinni mart and deemed to be basic items (Herbs, Torches, Pots of Healing, Scroll of Djinni Summon, Brooch of Life Holding, Scroll of Understanding, some utility Wands, Horse Figurine, +2 weapons and armor, etc. Also available are five random permanent level 2 magic treasures at full price. )

When the first person searches, they will find the Coin Purse of Bounty and Ring of Spell T.U.R.N.I.N.G.. It makes 10-200 gold daily. (1d20x10).

Old 05-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #9
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Awesome!