Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-12-2021, 08:25 PM   #401
Izulde
Head Coach

Fantastic news!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:12 PM   #402
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
October 12, 2021

Most recent CT scan continues to show no areas of concern, so I restart my clock and I get to relax through the holiday season.

Sorry I missed this earlier, but damn this is fantastic news!!! So happy for you man!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 09:30 AM   #403
PilotMan
Head Coach

Hey man, hope all is well and you're feeling great! Just thinking about you.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 03-31-2022 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-31-2022, 11:34 AM   #404
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Hey PilotMan - thanks for checking in. I just had my CT scan again yesterday, so I've felt better. The pre-meds and the contrast I'm allergic to really do a number on me. But if my follow up around April 7th is good, then I'll be good for another 3 months.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:19 AM   #405
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Get my scan results tomorrow. Hopefully, things will continue to be good. I'll let you know.
Old 04-12-2022, 02:14 PM   #406
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Scans are still good. I was a little concerned when my doctor and not a PA walked in. I was convinced I was about to get bad news, but thankfully, I didn't. Reset the clock for another 3 months.
Old 04-18-2022, 11:09 AM   #407
PilotMan
Head Coach

Hell YES!! Great news! That's fantastic man!

Like Steam?

Old 04-18-2022, 02:51 PM   #408
BYU 14
Coordinator

Love the continued positive updates!!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 03:24 PM   #409
Kodos
Resident Alien

Keep hitting that reset button!
Old 07-18-2022, 07:16 AM   #410
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I can hit the reset button again. Both the CT and MRI were good. In fact, because I'm over 5 years with the Alectinib the Radiation Oncologist (MRI) was ready to push me back to once a year, but unfortunately, because I'm still getting body scans every 3 months, he wasn't comfortable being that far behind with information.

Also, while my scans were good, my mother's weren't. She going in today (7/18) for surgery to remove cancer from her breast. Praying they will be able to get it all and it is still localized.
Old 07-18-2022, 05:07 PM   #411
PilotMan
Head Coach

Thanks for the update, and great news man!

Sending good thoughts for your mom!

Keep fighting the good fight.

Like Steam?

Old 10-12-2022, 09:17 AM   #412
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

My most recent CT scan showed no changes, so I reset for another 3 months, which is great. Moreover, I also got some additional good news. Moving forward, my CTs will only use contrast every other time. This is a big deal for me, because being allergic to the contrast forces me to take steroids' and Benadryl to counteract the allergy, and those things plus the contrast makes me feel like crap for about 4 or 5 days. Now I'll only have to deal with that every 6 months rather than every 3.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:10 PM   #413
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My most recent CT scan showed no changes, so I reset for another 3 months, which is great. Moreover, I also got some additional good news. Moving forward, my CTs will only use contrast every other time. This is a big deal for me, because being allergic to the contrast forces me to take steroids' and Benadryl to counteract the allergy, and those things plus the contrast makes me feel like crap for about 4 or 5 days. Now I'll only have to deal with that every 6 months rather than every 3.

Outfuckingstanding on all counts

That contrast allergy ain't no joke, so only dealing with the routine twice a year instead of four is a solid win.
Old 10-12-2022, 09:37 PM   #414
PilotMan
Head Coach

Man that's good news Breeze. Especially the contrast part. It's always shitty to have things you are allergic to actually shot into your body. Keep on fighting the good fight! Happy for you.

Like Steam?

Old 10-25-2022, 06:24 PM   #415
Kodos
Resident Alien

Great news, Breeze! Keep it coming. I hope the treatment for your Mom is going well.
Old 10-26-2022, 06:57 AM   #416
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Kodos, thanks, and my mom is doing fine. The surgery went well and they were able to get all traces of the cancer. They had discussions with her about going on Chemo, but she declined out of fear the treatment would do more harm than good. She didn't want to get so sick she lost a lot of weight and strength which she might not recover from at her age. As an alternative, she, like me, will have a CT scan every 3 months so the doctors can closely monitor the situation.
Old 01-10-2023, 10:39 AM   #417
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

CT and MRI results came back with no changes. Restart the clock for another 3 months.

It was really nice not having to deal with the CT contrast this cycle. I definitely felt better. Now maybe with the stress of waiting for the results gone I'll be able to sleep better.

Last edited by Breeze : 01-11-2023 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-10-2023, 07:23 PM   #418
Izulde
Head Coach

Wonderful news, Breeze. Keep on keeping on

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 01:11 AM   #419
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Most excellent
Old 01-11-2023, 06:06 PM   #420
PilotMan
Head Coach

Freaking great man. Keep it up!

Like Steam?

Old 08-17-2023, 09:58 PM   #421
PilotMan
Head Coach

No updates for 7 months!? How are things?

Like Steam?

Old 09-06-2023, 07:20 AM   #422
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Hey PM,

Not on here as much as I used to be because there are no swimming updates to post anymore. Meds are continuing to work and I’m doing good. Did have a terrible experience with my last visit to Emory. The winship cancer center moved to midtown (down by GaTech), which makes my drive to the Decater campus seem short. I sat in traffic for 90 minutes, got to the facility and was informed that I wasn’t on the schedule. Apparently, when they made my appointment they made it for Decater, but when they moved offices they didn’t migrate the appointments they rescheduled them, but no one reached out to me to let me know. Fun times. They wanted me to reschedule and make that trip again and I told them to go pound sand. I did go to an Emory location near me to get my blood work done, and other than my red blood cell count being a little low, I’m good.

Appreciate you checking in.
Old 09-07-2023, 06:00 PM   #423
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey PM,

Not on here as much as I used to be because there are no swimming updates to post anymore. Meds are continuing to work and I’m doing good. Did have a terrible experience with my last visit to Emory. The winship cancer center moved to midtown (down by GaTech), which makes my drive to the Decater campus seem short. I sat in traffic for 90 minutes, got to the facility and was informed that I wasn’t on the schedule. Apparently, when they made my appointment they made it for Decater, but when they moved offices they didn’t migrate the appointments they rescheduled them, but no one reached out to me to let me know. Fun times. They wanted me to reschedule and make that trip again and I told them to go pound sand. I did go to an Emory location near me to get my blood work done, and other than my red blood cell count being a little low, I’m good.

Appreciate you checking in.

Would that be the new building they were working on when we made our trips downtown (i.e. adjacent to the former Crawford Long?)
Old 09-08-2023, 07:48 AM   #424
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Would that be the new building they were working on when we made our trips downtown (i.e. adjacent to the former Crawford Long?)

I don’t know the old midtown area at all. I can tell you it’s right at Leland, because it was easy to jump in the connector north once I headed home. Does that sound like the same spot?
Old 09-08-2023, 09:05 AM   #425
Kodos
Resident Alien

Glad for the update. Keep on with the good news!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 11:49 AM   #426
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don’t know the old midtown area at all. I can tell you it’s right at Leland, because it was easy to jump in the connector north once I headed home. Does that sound like the same spot?

I'm guessing this meant Linden (rather than Leland), so yeah this sounds like the same.

The new Winship facility was under construction pretty much during our entire ordeal. I guess I just hadn't realized they finally got it opened up. Hopefully it makes a better experience for both Winship patients and regular Emory patients, cause the logistics of having all that in one overtaxed building were ... not great (30 minutes or more to even attempt to self-park, lines extending well out onto Peachtree Street during midday, etc)

Alas, the scheduling snafu is what I consider quintessential Emory today. About as Emory as Emory could get unfortunately.
Old 10-24-2023, 07:27 AM   #427
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Most recent scan was good. So I’ll keep going through the end of the year.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:04 AM   #428
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Blood work and scans continue to look good!
Old 02-14-2024, 11:44 AM   #429
PilotMan
Head Coach

Great to hear man. This thread always brings life into focus. Happy you're doing well.

Like Steam?

Old 02-16-2024, 12:48 PM   #430
Kodos
Resident Alien

Keep up the good news!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 10:24 PM   #431
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Only just saw the latest update.