Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2023, 11:27 AM   #7451
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

And the counterpoint to Trump's request to protest, from the GOP voice of reason:

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 12:15 PM   #7452
BYU 14
Coordinator

Kind of like Satan being the voice of reason in a discussion on religion.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 04:07 PM   #7453
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Given what the actual Satanic Temple does in the U.S. today, I'm not sure that's an effective analogy.

Perhaps I can offer the analogy of Aaron Rodgers telling us all (hypothetically) to stop complaining and just do our jobs?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 07:12 PM   #7454
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

A silent majority that never shuts up and keeps losing the popular vote. But other than being silent, and being a majority, she’s spot on.

That aside, I’d rather the GOP leaders be telling their people not to riot, so I am happy that seems to be what they are doing.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 07:50 PM   #7455
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Given what the actual Satanic Temple does in the U.S. today, I'm not sure that's an effective analogy.

ActuaL Cannibal Shia LeBeouf
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:23 AM   #7456
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 12:47 PM   #7457
GrantDawg

Twitter is calling today "arrestmas" and I find that hilarious.
Old 03-20-2023, 01:11 PM   #7458
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Twitter is calling today "arrestmas" and I find that hilarious.

Almost as hilarious as the "super secret" witness he got to testify at the last moment before the NY Grand Jury, like it will save him if he discredits Michael Cohen. It's the same guy who dangled a pardon in front of Cohen if he refused to testify in front of Congress.

His lawyers are also trying yet again to get the Georgia case thrown out.
Old 03-20-2023, 01:13 PM   #7459
Ksyrup

Isn't it arrestmas eve, if reports are correct?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-20-2023, 02:07 PM   #7460
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Isn't it arrestmas eve, if reports are correct?

The updated reports today are saying either today or Wednesday.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:20 PM   #7461
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

What is hysterical is he is out on his stupid platform screaming about the crooked DA having leaks while he's the one leaking it.

His zealots really are dumb as dogshit.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:05 PM   #7462
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

The NYPD has surrounded the Manhattan courthouse with barriers, so they are prepping for something big
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:10 PM   #7463
RainMaker
General Manager

I'll still be surprised if they actually do it, although it's looking more likely. It does seem weird that this of all his crimes is what he gets charged for. The guy is on recording committing multiple felonies and we just shrugged our shoulders at it.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:16 PM   #7464
Atocep
Coordinator

This will help him with his base, but hurt him in any potential general. That's basically the monster he's created. He's split the electorate so much that anything that helps him with one hurts him with the other.

This also puts DeSantis in a tough position. He has to somehow thread the needle on supporting Trump but not appearing weak after Trump's attacks and political savvy like that isn't exactly DeSantis' strong suit.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:42 PM   #7465
RainMaker
General Manager

Yeah, I don't see this changing the perception of anyone with Trump. You either love the guy or loathe him. No one is still sitting on the fence.

My only note is that because they are charging him with the most minor of his crimes, it does put a little pressure on the DOJ as to why they just ignored his more serious crimes. That does lead credence to this being a political prosecution by a DA with a bone to pick.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:32 PM   #7466
RainMaker
General Manager

This primary is going to be so funny. Second time he's insinuated DeSantis is a pedophile which after some actions of late, I'm not sure is even a stretch.

Old 03-20-2023, 08:25 PM   #7467
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'll still be surprised if they actually do it, although it's looking more likely. It does seem weird that this of all his crimes is what he gets charged for. The guy is on recording committing multiple felonies and we just shrugged our shoulders at it.
You got a mouse in your pocket? Who is this "we" shrugging shoulders? Sure wasn't anyone I know.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 08:40 PM   #7468
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
You got a mouse in your pocket? Who is this "we" shrugging shoulders? Sure wasn't anyone I know.

Well the Department of Justice. There is a reason Reoublicans liked Garland. He helped cover up part of the OKC bombing for right wingers. Curious how different things might have been if Jines got the AG job.
Old 03-21-2023, 06:38 AM   #7469
GrantDawg

I was today years old when I learned the Governor of Georgia has no veto powers or the ability to enact clemency.
Old 03-21-2023, 06:53 AM   #7470
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just heard a sound bite from Nikki Haley where she said 90% of school aged kids are starting school being taught CRT. It is amazing they can just pull numbers from their arse. 2024 is going to be exhausting with the culture war BS. Do they honestly think it plays well with the voters they would need to swing?
Old 03-21-2023, 06:54 AM   #7471
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- The GOP hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me. They literally have chanted lock her up for 7 years, yet when it is their guy being locked up for actual crimes they are all butt hurt.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:28 AM   #7472
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Just heard a sound bite from Nikki Haley where she said 90% of school aged kids are starting school being taught CRT. It is amazing they can just pull numbers from their arse. 2024 is going to be exhausting with the culture war BS. Do they honestly think it plays well with the voters they would need to swing?
I think they are going with their age old playbook. "If you say it often enough, then people start to believe it is true."
Old 03-21-2023, 07:38 AM   #7473
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

What else do they have?

Foreign policy?
Economic issues?
The Environment?
Education?

They went all in on culture war issues. They discarded every other card in their hand. This is what they have left to play.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:17 AM   #7474
Ksyrup

When they said the bank collapses were due to woke policies, that said it all. Everything they oppose now, regardless of underlying reasoning, has to be tied back to culture war issues.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:29 AM   #7475
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Whats wild is the one guy who actually has something he can tout is Trump but he won't get out of his own way. He will continue to talk about stolen elections and lawsuits instead of things he actually accomplished during his presidency.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:35 AM   #7476
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The First Step Act: First Step Act - Wikipedia and Operation Warp Speed were two very good things that the Trump administration accomplished.

And, for various reasons, he runs away from them instead of leaning into them.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:25 AM   #7477
Ksyrup

And funny enough, Operation Warp Speed is something that would buy him a bit of credibility from moderates/independents AND give him a way to jab at DeSantis. Because DeSantis has been governing for the past 2 years and talked down vaccines so much that Trump should use it against him. But he can't because his base would get pissed at him for taking credit for a vaccine that's killing millions of Americans EVERY. DAY!
Old 03-21-2023, 09:37 AM   #7478
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Whats wild is the one guy who actually has something he can tout is Trump but he won't get out of his own way. He will continue to talk about stolen elections and lawsuits instead of things he actually accomplished during his presidency.

As in....Obama Chinese tariffs are incredibly bad and anti-democratic, and trump tariffs are USAUSAUSA!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 09:39 AM   #7479
PilotMan
Head Coach

I don't think for a minute that the only reason he went along with "operation warp speed" was that he was being dragged by his heels into it, and he was told that it would change his entire tack from "it's over and we won" to "we're going to defeat this thing together, and look what we can do," when it was very clear it was far from over, and he could pivot to a different stance saying he was always for being the person who found the cure all by himself (ish).

Like Steam?

Old 03-21-2023, 09:55 AM   #7480
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I don't think for a minute that the only reason he went along with "operation warp speed" was that he was being dragged by his heels into it, and he was told that it would change his entire tack from "it's over and we won" to "we're going to defeat this thing together, and look what we can do," when it was very clear it was far from over, and he could pivot to a different stance saying he was always for being the person who found the cure all by himself (ish).

Trump has tried pushing the vaccine a couple times and he's gotten nothing but pushback from supporters.
Old 03-21-2023, 10:13 AM   #7481
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
The First Step Act: First Step Act - Wikipedia and Operation Warp Speed were two very good things that the Trump administration accomplished.

And, for various reasons, he runs away from them instead of leaning into them.

Because neither plays well with his ignorant base, who would rather celebrate owning the Libs and keeping those pesky minorities under the thumb, over things that actually help the country as a whole. Very un-American of the 'Merica crowd, but who is keeping score?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:07 AM   #7482
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This may be the best Trump analogy I have ever seen

Old 03-21-2023, 02:41 PM   #7483
cuervo72
Head Coach

I don't know where things like these go these days.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/idaho-h...tor-shortages/

Texas abortion law: the new unintended crisis that could explode in the state.

Rest of the world is already Rock-ing their eyebrow like "US, what's with that maternal mortality rate* of yours?" -- I'm sure all this will help.

* which is naturally 2.6x worse for Black women
Old 03-21-2023, 03:04 PM   #7484
RainMaker
General Manager

I know the situation in Idaho has gotten really bad. They were already thin before the ruling. Our maternal mortality rate was already pathetic but this should firmly entrench us into the 3rd world rate shortly. Well done.
Old 03-21-2023, 03:44 PM   #7485
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That slate article was really something. It makes perfect sense. Why on earth would you spend years in med school just to live to a state where you could be arrested for doing your job and at best have to constantly be looking over your shoulder while likely dealing with protesters and other people meddling. Women’s health care overall in these states is going to devolve in to third world conditions.
Old 03-21-2023, 03:48 PM   #7486
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

* which is naturally 2.6x worse for Black women

real question: Why is that? What do you mean?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 04:06 PM   #7487
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

Economics. White people with money can and assuredly will bring their wives and daughters to blue states for the necessary life saving procedures. There is far more poverty in the black community so they will die instead.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:11 PM   #7488
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Seeing on Twitter tomorrow is the day.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:25 PM   #7489
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

Lot of small things that add up. Insured at a lower rate and with lower quality coverage. Communities have less access to high-level medical care. Studies have also shown a racial bias in the treatment received.

And as Lathum mentioned, abortion access and how the law is applied to races plays a role. Rich people can leave the state. White people are not going to be arrested for committing crimes as we saw by the Duggar daughter. She had an issue that could have caused issues but was able to break the law.
Old 03-21-2023, 06:22 PM   #7490
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Let's not oversell Operation Warp Speed.

OWS did two things. One, it gave billions of dollars to a few companies to allow them to start manufacturing ahead of approval. Two, it removed the normal time gaps & delays in the FDA approval process.

Good decisions, to be sure, but hardly earth-shaking. And, critically, it should be noted that the first vaccine to come to market, came from Pfizer/BioNTech, who declined money from OWS (though BioNTech did get an initial grant for development from the German government).

Maybe I'm over-reacting, but I've seen elsewhere people comparing OWS to things like the Manhattan Project, the Marshall Plan, or the Apollo Program, and that's just ridiculous. Plus, OWS was shut down by the incoming Biden Administration because it was in the middle of botching the distribution rollout.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 07:49 PM   #7491
Thomkal
Head Coach

Seems like Trump deliberately lied to his own lawyers about having more classified documents:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/sources-sp...ry?id=98024191
Old 03-21-2023, 08:22 PM   #7492
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The documents case is going nowhere. The fact that Biden and Pence had them also kills it. Not to mention by the time anything happens on it we will be too deep into the 2024 cycle for Garland to have the balls to do anything about it. Same goes for 1/6.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:32 PM   #7493
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I actually think Trump lying to his lawyers in the documents case is a pretty big deal. It gives that case new life. And, legally, it is pretty significant in my opinion. First, it gets to his intent, and makes it much harder for him to raise a “I was trying to do the right thing, but I just screwed it up“ defense. If he is lying to his lawyers, then he knows he’s doing something wrong. And a jury can follow that. Second, and relatedly, showing that a defendant lied to his own lawyers is just really really bad for the defendant in front of a jury.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:34 PM   #7494
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Dola: it also pierces a lot of attorney-client privilege. If you were using your lawyer, as an unwilling/unknowing instrument to commit a crime, then all bets are off.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:43 PM   #7495
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I actually think Trump lying to his lawyers in the documents case is a pretty big deal. It gives that case new life. And, legally, it is pretty significant in my opinion. First, it gets to his intent, and makes it much harder for him to raise a “I was trying to do the right thing, but I just screwed it up“ defense. If he is lying to his lawyers, then he knows he’s doing something wrong. And a jury can follow that. Second, and relatedly, showing that a defendant lied to his own lawyers is just really really bad for the defendant in front of a jury.

OK. But my point is that by the time the case comes together and could actually go to trial it will be too close to the 2024 cycle and Garland et al won't pursue it due to optics.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:05 PM   #7496
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
OK. But my point is that by the time the case comes together and could actually go to trial it will be too close to the 2024 cycle and Garland et al won't pursue it due to optics.

That I could see.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:53 PM   #7497
PilotMan
Head Coach

And we get another day closer to the reality that the US becomes a place I no longer want to live in.

Like Steam?

Old 03-22-2023, 05:49 AM   #7498
GrantDawg

The speed at which the DC court is asking for filings in the document case may suggest it isn't going to take as long as you suspect. We will see.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2023, 06:21 AM   #7499
GrantDawg

Great story:
Old 03-22-2023, 02:36 PM   #7500
RainMaker
General Manager

How many judges have now ruled that Trump committed crimes but our DOJ is still a bunch of sniveling pussies?