Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-13-2022, 12:09 PM   #351
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Burnt Ember Inn
I find a hospitable place to my head. 3 gold. Yes, please. All of them take the opportunity to rest. With their followers included, this will cost them 8 instead of 3.

Temple of the Dragon
There is a place to worship that holds a great golden dragon emblem on the front. Service is out for the day but there are beggars out front. Would I like to donate 2 gold to the poor? All but Mori'an, Syntax, and Astrid do. Those that helped the poor gain 1 Virtue.

The Rusty Blacksmith
There is a large ogre operating the forge. I can pay to have my weapons improved. I found the sharpening to be interesting for the ones that did it last time, but I don't want to spend 30g doing it so they all pass for now.

The Molten Market
I come across a small market stall, operated by a female lizardfolk. I can purchas a health potion for 5g or meal rations for 2g. Shooting for 2 potions and 5 rations for stock.
Here's what was purchased:
Sir Gareth 1 ration
Professor 5 rations
Tsavani 5 rations, 2 potions
Syntax, 2 rations...it has no potions, but we're going to operate it without potions since it can churn gold into HP.
Mori'an, 1 ration, 1 potion
Lyric, 5 rations, 1 potion Appraiser drops cost from 15 to 12.
Faris, 2 rations, 1 potion
Wolfrik, 5 rations
Zilmora, 2 rations, 1 potion
Astrid, 5 rations, 1 potion

Tsavani and Syntax use this opportunity to sell necklaces for 10g.

Ashen Warehouse
There is a small warehouse along one of the lava rivers. As I watch, I see a bandit looking the place. It sees me as a witness and attacks me.

This bandit was fairly weak. 9 of the 10 dispatched him with no issue. Faris missed it and was hit for a loss of 1HP before the bandit took off.

Last edited by Poli : 05-13-2022 at 01:08 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:28 PM   #352
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wednesday, May 11

The city is much like cities in my world. I find a job board posted in the town where citizens are asking for help. It appears I have some time to help the locals.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:41 PM   #353
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Seeking Silver
The local silversmith is requesting that I visit the Silver Mines in the Ashen Mountains to mine some silver ore. I should be careful as the mines are fille with toxic gas. D20+Con+Investigator.

Only one of them is able to endure the gas long enough to get plenty of silver to bring back. Mori'an (16) gains 10g, but loses 1HP.

The rest found some silver, but the gas got to them and they had to leave with a smaller load than desired. They all lost 2HP, but gain 5g.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:51 PM   #354
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Stop the Looters
The Ashen Warehouse keeps getting robbed. The owner requests you act as a guard in hopes of keeping thieves away.

D20+Str+Intimidating.

Sir Gareth (23), Professor (20), Faris (16), and Zilmora (18) all deter any thieves that might have been planning to rob the warehouse. They gain 5g.

The others got into a scuffle with a looter and lose 1HP...but gain the 5g for guarding.
Old 05-13-2022, 01:03 PM   #355
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Negotiator needed
The local Temple of the dragon is requesting someone to help clear the nearby streets of beggars. They feel this reduces their image and deters worshipers.

Those with 5 or more virtue gain +2 to this roll. If any of them were -5 or more virtue, they would have lost 2.

D20+Cha+Persuasive+any virtue bonus.

Sir Gareth (24), Mori'an (16), Lyric (27), Faris (18), Wolfrik (15), and Astrid (22) all talk the beggars in the streets and convince them they would do better if they moved down the street from the temple. The temple is happy and pays them well (D10).
Gareth 7g, Mori'an 4g, Lyric 3g, Faris 6g, Wolfrik 6g, Astrid 8g

The others try to convince the beggars to move, but they get enough donations from the locals where they are currently located and aren't interested in moving. This disappoints the temple, but they're still willing to pay some for the attempt (D4).
Professor 2g, Tsavani 1g, Syntax, 1g, Zilmora 1g
Old 05-13-2022, 01:17 PM   #356
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thursday, May 12

I begin tracking the gate share in this world, but more information could be helpful. I find a local goblin who acts friendly enough. I ask a few questions but he wants to be paid.

He's also going to get pickpocketed by Syntax, Mori'an, Lyric, and Astrid.

I can pay the goblin 5g
or
Be friendly D20+Cha+Persuasive
or
Get rough D20+Str+Intimidating
Old 05-13-2022, 01:27 PM   #357
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Lyric, Astrid, and Zilmora try and be friendly. Lyric (26) and Astrid (22) turn on their charm. The goblin smiles and is really friendly while chatting with them. He still insists they pay 1g, though, for the information. Zilmora tries as well, but the goblin insists on 5g. Maybe it's just a local custom he's following.

Sir Gareth (20) and Wolfrik (17) both get rough with the goblin. It breaks down and begs them not to hurt him. He tells them for free. Mori'an tries this as well, but the goblin wasn't fazed by his approach. He'll still pay the 5g.

Everyone else pays the gold.

The goblin speaks:

" Couple days past when the sky opened up and them demons fell, many of them fell into the rivers, ya know, and that was not pretty for them. Sure was fun to watch them burn in the lava, though. Anyway, whatever magic brought them here woke up Telzeroth. That dragon flew down here from his lair on Burning Peak. He flew around the city quite a bit, didn't do nothing about the demons. Just watched and then he landed. Some say he snatched up a glowing stone before flying back to his home in the Ashen Mountains. I think he just wanted to try a meal of demon meat. You know, we don't get many of those around and I think he was just scouting to find a good plump one."
Old 05-13-2022, 01:30 PM   #358
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Astrid loses a virtue point while taking 4g off the goblin. Syntax, Mori'an, and Lyric each took 3g.
Old 05-13-2022, 01:32 PM   #359
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Friday, May 13

Travel to Burning Peak

The dragon, Telzeroth, likely has the gate shard. He lives on Burning Peak in the Ashen Mountains. That is the direction the Transference Sensor seems to be indicating as well.

Travel the Southern route or northern route. I think we'll just split this down the middle. First 5 south, next 5 north.
Old 05-13-2022, 01:51 PM   #360
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Travel the southern route. D20+Wis+Survivalist, Map&Compass, Mount.

Traveling along the mountain range proves more difficult in this world. There is no lush vegetation or abundant animals to hunt. Instead, I experience the sweltering heat and rocky terrain that is difficult to traverse.

Syntax (8) and Mori'an (7) both slow down from the terrain and heat of the lava rivers. They consume 3 meal rations.

Professor (10) and Tsavani (15) aren't as slow as Syntax or Mori'an, but still consume 2 rations.

Sir Gareth (26) travels quickly and makes excellent time. He consumes just 1 ration.

Travel the Northern Route. D20+Wis+Survivalist, Map&Compass, Mount.

I stick to the more open plains until I can approach the mountains. It might be safer and free from unknown creatures. The land is baked with an acrid heat. The air is dry and hard to breathe.

Lyric (9) manages quite well for such a foreign environment. He has to consume 2 rations.

Faris (22), Wolfrik (23), Zilmora (16), and Astrid (21) all travel quickly across the flat surface of the barren plain and conserve their energy. They only use 1 ration.
Old 05-31-2022, 09:10 AM   #361
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Unfortunately, I fell way behind with work, vacation, and then a trip to the covid IL. I'd like to try and keep up, but I'm not sure I can at this point.
Old 06-01-2022, 06:46 AM   #362
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I've enjoyed following along, hope you don't drop it completely. I'd be find with a just a quick synopsis of where things are and just move forward from there.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:04 AM   #363
Poli
FOFC Survivor

May 14/15, the weekend

I find myself at the base of the Burning Peak among the Ashen Mountains. I find a large river of lava cuts off my path. After walking along it for some time, I find a place that has jutting stones that may allow me to step across.

D20+Dex+Athlete+Danger Sense.

For Mori'an (4), he found the rocks were sharp and angled poorly for traversing across. He slipped and fell several times. The intense heat of the lava, coupled with a few slips, leads to him losing 3HP.

Syntax (7) and Lyric (8) had a similar experience but remained upright a little more than Mori'an did. They each lost 2HP.

The rest of the crew made it across the river of lava quickly and easily.

Last edited by Poli : 06-02-2022 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-02-2022, 08:10 AM   #364
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Monday, May 16

Once across the lava river, I hear a gurgling noise from behind me. I look back to find a large mass of rack and lava rising from the river. A face appears in the rock. Glowing eyes look at me. It arches back a stone arm and hurls a fireball at me.

3 rounds of combat here.
Old 06-02-2022, 08:12 AM   #365
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sir Gareth, Professor, Tsavani, Lyric, and Faris all made quick work of the lava monster. They gain 3 gold.

The rest took some sort of damage...Syntax taking the worst of it. 1g was awarded for each round that was won.
Syntax, 1g, -5HP
Mori'an, 2g, -1HP
Wolfrik, 3g -1HP
Zilmora, 2g, -2HP
Astrid, 1g, -3HP
Old 06-02-2022, 08:17 AM   #366
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tuesday May 17

The path up the Burning Peak is blocked by a camp of goblins. These don't appear to be as friendly as the ones encountered in the city. It's best to avoid them and pass through without being seen.
Old 06-02-2022, 08:24 AM   #367
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Each of the 10 keep to the outside of the camp. Sir Gareth, Tsavani, and Lyric all came across a dwarf that was imprisoned. They set him free and gained 1 virtue point.

They all came across a goblin that had been drinking. It was ready to sound the alarm when he spots them. All but The Professor, Faris, and Wolfrik are able to convince the drunk goblin that they're really just a goblin in a disguise. The unlucky three end up fighting the drunk goblin, quickly knocking him out, but suffer -1HP in the process.

Syntax, Mori'an, Wolfrik, Faris, and Astrid each came across a wolf that appeared to be maintaining some sort of guard over the livestock. They're forced to subdue the animal but are bit as well. They each lose 1HP.

They all come across a bunch of sleeping goblins...they all make it past without detection...in part because the goblins are very drunk.
Old 06-02-2022, 08:47 AM   #368
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wednesday, May 18

(also known as my birthday)

Just when I think I'm safe and far enough away from the goblin camp, I stumbled upon a party of goblins returning from a hunting mission. They're empty handed and look at me as an opportunity to right a wrong.

4 goblins, each 1 round battle.
Old 06-02-2022, 08:51 AM   #369
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Astrid and Zilmora are the only ones to kill all four of the goblins...Astrid doing it the conventional way. Zilmora using her new fireball ability...she got a 18 to add to all of her attack and damage rolls...and at that point, I didn't even need to continue rolling for her. Kentucky Fried Goblins, Zilmora does them right. They each gained 4g.

Sir Gareth, Professor, Lyric, and Faris each took out 3 goblins. All but Lyric lost 1HP in the process. They gain 3g.

The rest took out 2 goblins and earned 2g. Tsavani, Syntax, and Wolfrik each lost 2HP. Mori'an lost 3HP.

The goblins that didn't die? They turned tail in terror and ran away.
Old 06-02-2022, 09:16 AM   #370
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thursday, May 19

I make it to the top of the Burning Peak and see a raging volcano in the distance. There's a trail along the cliff's edge leading to a rope bridge across the ravine. The entrance to Telzeroth's lair is just beyond that. It's a treacherous path, but I must cross it.

I must:
Deal with the sweltering heat of the nearby volcano. D20+Con.

Traverse the cliff wall and cross the rope bridge. D20+Dex+Athlete.
Old 06-02-2022, 09:19 AM   #371
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Most of the adventurers don't deal with the sweltering heat well. All but Mori'an (18) and Wolfrik (15) deal with negative modifiers due to the heat.

The results from the heat put a damper on the cross of the rope bridge. Not a lot of success was found. Faris (25), Wolfrik (17), and Astrid (27) make it across gracefully and without incident.

Everyone else had one problem or another and suffer a loss of 1HP.
Old 06-02-2022, 09:21 AM   #372
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Syntax spent 1g to maintain a 50% health threshold.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:26 PM   #373
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Friday May 20

Telzeroth's Lair

Once inside the cavern of the volcano, the noise from outside quiets down. It's almost an eerie quiet. I hope the shard of the gate is stashed away somewhere nearby and far from the dragon.

Navigating the cavern, there are 4 rooms of consequence.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:29 PM   #374
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Creeping into the winding cave tunnel I find myself inside a tiled welcome chamber. The walls are adorned with carvings of dragons burning down villages. As I look around, I feel a loose tile on the floor give way as I step on it. I hear hissing as a gas fills the room.

D20+Con+Danger Sense.

Surprisingly enough, only Astrid (9) fails this. She's now poisoned and without an antidote. Most of the crew don't have antidotes at this point, so this was really good luck for most of them.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:32 PM   #375
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I find an offering room that Telzeroth's worshipers use to make appeasements to the dragon. It appears that someone recently visited this room and left something.

D20+INT+Investigator.

Tsavani (2) only found 5g worth of jewelry.

Syntax (8), Mori'an (10), Wolfrik (8), and Astrid (12) found 10g worth of jewelry.

Sir Gareth (23), Professor (24), Lyric (20), Faris (17), and Zilmora (35, used her spell to increase intellect) all found 12g worth of jewelry and a health potion.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:35 PM   #376
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I enter a room that contains several mud mounds built to hold large dragon eggs. There's a lizardfolk here helping to look after the eggs. It quickly springs to attack.

A majority of the adventurers dispatch the servant easily. Syntax, Faris, Zilmora, and Astrid did not. They each lost 1HP. Syntax paid 1g to recover again. Mori'an gained 1HP from the kill.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:44 PM   #377
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I come across the entrance to a large room filled with treasure. In the next room, I can see the sleeping dragon, Telzeroth. Some of that treasure has spilled into this room.
D20+INT+Investigator.

Tsavani (5) and Astrid (5) find 10g worth of jewelry and treasure here.

Everyone else finds at least 15g worth of jewely and treasure. The Professor (21), Syntax (22), Mori'an (16), and Zilmora (22 the spell from earlier applied) all found an iron key as well.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:56 PM   #378
Poli
FOFC Survivor

May 21/22, The weekend

The sleeping Telzeroth lies in his treasure room, napping on a tremendously large pile of gold. I'm unable to take the gate shard without waking the dragon. When I do, it will surely try to eat me.

I'm to
A)Get into position for a sneak attack. D20+Dex+Stealthy
or
B)Scare the dragon awake. D20+CHA+Intimidating (Sounds like a bad idea personally)
or
C)Attack the dragon while he sleeps.
Old 06-02-2022, 04:08 PM   #379
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I split them into all three groups, though I think scaring that dragon isn't the best deal.

Tsavani and Astrid manage to find a quiet hiding place in which to make their attack. They lie in wait as the dragon slowly wakes up, unaware of their presence. They gain +2 to attack tomorrow. Lyric and Faris were spotted and get no bonus.
Old 06-02-2022, 04:09 PM   #380
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Waking the dragon team is Sir Gareth, Mori'an, and Wolfrik. I can't believe it, but they all managed to frighten the dragon. It's confused and alarmed someone made it into it's lair. They gain +2 Defense (pffff).

Last edited by Poli : 06-02-2022 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-02-2022, 04:11 PM   #381
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Attack the dragon while it sleeps is where it's at. This turns out to be a challenge, but again all of them are successful. Professor, Syntax, and Zilmora deliver a mighty blow to the dragon and it wakes in pain. They gain +2 damage tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:38 AM   #382
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Monday, May 23

Telzeroth awakens to attack!

Three rounds of combat here...including a roll for wisdom in each.
Old 06-03-2022, 11:49 AM   #383
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The Telzeroth battle included a roll for wisdom. Fail the wisdom roll (and many did) before the round and you'll roll for attack twice...taking the lower of the two values.

Despite doing my best to avoid damage, a majority of our group took at least 1HP. Sir Gareth, Mori'an, Lyric, Faris, and Wolfrik all lost 1HP. Astrid lost 2HP.

Those losing HP gained 2g. The others managed to win all three rounds and gained 3g.
Old 06-03-2022, 12:02 PM   #384
Poli
FOFC Survivor

At the end of this day, Astrid fails her poison roll (2). She goes down to 9HP, take a potion to go back to 13.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:03 PM   #385
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tuesday, May 24

Telzeroth lets out a roar and flies away in anger. He heads up and out a large hole in the top of his lair. This leaves his treasure room open for looting.

I'm to search the treasure room for the gate shard. D20+INT+Investigator.
and
Be careful when taking the gate shard. D20+WIS+Danger Sense.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:24 PM   #386
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sir Gareth, Syntax, Zilmora, and Astrid all managed to pocket 20g. Mori'an got 15g. The rest of crew picked up 10g each.

The Professor, Tsavani, Wolfrik, Zilmora, and Astrid all got a sense of dread when approaching the gate shard and avoided getting too close. The rest of the group got too close and were filled with anxiety and dread. Sir Gareth, Syntax, and Mori'an were all cursed...but all took the holy water they were holding on to to clear it.

Astrid failed another poison roll.

Like before, a glowing light emanates from the World Watcher's Staff. I hold it up as it pulsates softly. I begin to channel the transference energy in the stone. It surrounds the gate shard and disappears from Telzeroth's lair. The stone is gone. Looking at the crystal, I see another tiny imperfection inside that wasn't there before. The stone is now inside the crystal and able to be transported safely.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:27 PM   #387
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wednesday, May 25

A locked chest sits amongst the dragon's hoard of treasure. It's heavy and sure to contain great loot. I just need to get it open.

I can
A) If I have the Iron Key, unlock it.
or
B) Pick the lock. D20+DEX+Locksmith
or
C) Smash the lock. Damage.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:51 AM   #388
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The Professor, Syntax, and Mori'an all had the key.

Sir Gareth, Faris, Wolfrik, Zilmora, and Astrid all managed to pick the lock.

Tsavani and Lyric were left to breaking it open. It cost Tsavani 3HP. It cost Lyric 2.

Astrid passes her poison roll this time.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:09 AM   #389
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thursday, May 26

There are three treasures here to choose from. We can choose one. Only one item of each type can be added. Some of them have a shield already, so they'll go with one of the other two.

Flame Shield, +1STR, +1DEF
Ring of Fire, +1STR, +1HP
Fire Gloves, +1STR, +1DMG
Old 06-07-2022, 10:11 AM   #390
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Flame Shields go to Syntax, Mori'an, and Lyric. All could use the defensive bonus.

Rings of Fire to Professor, Wolfrik, and Zilmora.

Fire Gloves to Sir Gareth, Tsavani, Faris, and Astrid.

Astrid fails her poison roll.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:14 AM   #391
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Friday, May 27

To The Fire Gate

A) Take the eastern route. D20+WIS+Survivalist+Horse
or
B) Take the western route. D20+WIS_Survalist+Horse

As for what they are, on the map they both go to the southeast...just one is more southern than the other. One appears to go past a lake of lava...the other through a dead forest.

We'll send the first five east, the last five "west".
Old 06-07-2022, 10:29 AM   #392
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The eastern group cross the acrid plains through the southern mountain range. From there they travel near a lava lake to the next mountain range. The lake boils and bubbles. The heat is unbearable.

Professor and Tsavani consume 1 ration each. Sir Gareth, Syntax, and Mori'an consume 2. Mori'an needed a 3rd but was out and loses 1HP.

The western group traveled past a burnt forest...nothing but dead and black trees. This turns out to be the safer of the two routes. Faris, Zilmora, and Astrid all consume 1 ration. Lyric and Wolfrik consume 2.

Astrid survives the poison roll.
Old 06-07-2022, 11:14 AM   #393
Poli
FOFC Survivor

May 28/29 The Weekend

A fiery demon appears from the ash and lava. It appears to have made a new home here. It doesn't appear it appreciates my intrusion.

3 rounds...wisdom roll for banishing before each round.
Old 06-07-2022, 11:19 AM   #394
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Many of our adventurers banish the demon using the watcher's staff. Sir Gareth, Professor, Faris, Wolfrik, and Zilmora did so without taking damage. They gain a +1 dice roll to be used later (Z now has 5 of them). Astrid and Lyric also banished the demon, but were hit in the process. Lyric lost 4HP (took a potion to recover 5). Astrid lost 2HP (took a potion to recover 3). Astrid survives her poison roll and is now out of potions. All of these adventurers received 3g as well as the +1 dice roll.

Tsavani killed the demon without taking damage and gained 3g. Syntax did not fare well...losing 2 of the 3 rounds before the demon fleed...he recovered his lost HP by spending 2g. Mori'an killed the demon as well...tricky Mori'an gained 2HP and 3g in the process. Birdman loves himself some death.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:07 AM   #395
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Monday, May 30

Deep in a cavern of a volcano, I discover the fire gate. It's guarded by a large lava beast. A booming voice speaks a riddle that is hard to hear over the crackling of the lava flow.

With red tongues I lick and bite
Cutting darkness with my might
With intense pain you'll feel my wrath
Devouring all that's in my path
If a drink is what you give
One last breath I shall live

I'm to
1) Guess the answer to the riddle.
then
A) Sprint to the gate. D20+Dex+Athlete
or
B) Sneak to the gate. D20+Dex+Stealthy
or
C) Prepare for battle. D20+Str+Intimidating

Last edited by Poli : 06-08-2022 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-08-2022, 04:45 PM   #396
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The riddle? Not that hard really.
Spoiler

Any form of that is a valid answer. Since I kind of have to answer for them all, they all get the +2 to combat rolls for the next day.

Those sprinting to the gate included The Professor, Lyric, Faris, and Zilmora. All but Lyric made it there quickly and gain +2 to defense tomorrow as well. Lyric stumbled and missed out.

Those sneaking are Tsavani, Syntax, and Astrid. They all got there quietly while staying in the shadows and got the +2 defense.

Those just prepping for the battle were Sir Gareth, Mori'an, and Wolfrik. Sir Gareth and Wolfrik walked in so confidently they were able to intimidate the lava beast and gained the +2 defense. Mori'an didn't appear to be concerned either way.

Astrid passes her poison roll.
Old 06-08-2022, 04:49 PM   #397
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tuesday, May 31

There's no flavor text here. You know what you're up against. The lava beast/fire guardian. Whatever that thing is.

Four rounds of battle.
Old 06-10-2022, 11:54 AM   #398
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The bonuses were definitely needed and paid off in the long run.

Defeating the guardian in every round was Sir Gareth, Tsavani, and Zilmora. No damage to them, 8g earned.

Winning 3 of the 4 rounds, defeating the guardian in the end, were The Professor, Mori'an, Wolfrik, and Astrid. Mori'an managed to gain 3HP in the process. The others lost 1HP. They each earned 6g. The same could almost be said for Lyric and Faris. They gained 6g, lost 1HP, but they didn't defeat the guardian in the process...they ran past it to get to the gate after the last round.

That leaves us Syntax...who won the first round but just managed to survive the others. I don't really need to push the envelope with Syntax. Pay the gold for any damage received and move on. He lost 5HP in the process, but pays the 5g for the ability to regenerate.

Astrid fails her poison roll and drops another HP. She's at 10HP now.

Each of the adventurers activate the fire gate just as they did the last gate. They step through and are teleported to another world.
Old 06-10-2022, 12:55 PM   #399
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wednesday, June 1

Arboretum

I travel through the fire gate and find myself in lush vegetation inside an endless forest. After a short walk, I discover a tree that is home to a city.

I'm to visit places in the city.

Sounds like Astrid's time poisoned is coming to an end.
Old 06-10-2022, 02:12 PM   #400
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The Twisted Treetop Tavern

Sometimes you want to go...get a rest. Everyone pays the base 4g to rest and recover. They pay the 5g for the follower as well. 9g off the top.

Tree Jumper
I find an older gentleman sitting close to the edge of a high branch of the tree. When I talk to him, he mentions that his family was killed when the demons entered into their world. He's contemplating leaping off and ending his life.

Mori'an, Syntax, and Astrid leave the man and lose 1 virtue point.

Zilmora and The Professor try and talk him down but don't succeed. He doesn't jump but he still there.

The rest of the crew talk him back off the ledge and gain 1 virtue point.

Tree peddler
Offering maps, compasses, and lockpick tools. They all say no thanks but take the opportunity to sell their jewelry they acquired in the past few days.

Agatha's Apothecary
They make some bank here. Anyone without an antidote or holy water buys one here. Sir Gareth and Tsavani don't because of their ability. Astrid buys two health potions having used hers while poisoned.