Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #1
Hoosierbuckeye
Mascot

Wink Multiple Sclerosis and FOF

I was wondering how many of us out there in FOF land have M.S. or another limiting disease? How has FOF helped you, and what are some of the challenges you face in your Dynasty and how have the other G.M.'s handled it or do they even know? I'd like to talk to you and share how important FOF and the two leagues I'm in are, how they help me get out of the house when I'm homebound, and how they help me physically, emotionally, and intellectually. Thanks. Hoosierbuckeye, FOFer and MSer

Hoosierbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:10 PM   #2
vtbub
College Starter

If you ever want to talk, AIM me at vtbub04

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #3
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierbuckeye
I was wondering how many of us out there in FOF land have M.S. or another limiting disease? How has FOF helped you, and what are some of the challenges you face in your Dynasty and how have the other G.M.'s handled it or do they even know? I'd like to talk to you and share how important FOF and the two leagues I'm in are, how they help me get out of the house when I'm homebound, and how they help me physically, emotionally, and intellectually. Thanks. Hoosierbuckeye, FOFer and MSer

i'm impressed that you're like i was: an indiana boy living in dayton.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:13 AM   #4
Swaggs
Coordinator

Just curious, but did you mean to put this on the dynasty board?

You might get more replies if you post it in the general discussion forum, as the dynasty forum generally gets less viewers.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

We can move the thread if you wish. Just say the word.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #6
Hoosierbuckeye
Mascot

movin on up

I think that would be okay to move it. Sorry, didn't make the connection sooner. Thanks guys. I think it'll be a good opportunity.
Hoosierbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #7
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

done
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:55 AM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierbuckeye

I hope this doesn't come off insensitive, because I certainly don't mean for it to be. I've worked with some MS patients in the past, and have a healthy respect for the illness and what it does to people. How does FOF or MP leagues help you get out of the house? The only way I can see that happening is if your MP league or guys from it are having periodic face to face meetings.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #9
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I hope this doesn't come off insensitive, because I certainly don't mean for it to be. I've worked with some MS patients in the past, and have a healthy respect for the illness and what it does to people. How does FOF or MP leagues help you get out of the house? The only way I can see that happening is if your MP league or guys from it are having periodic face to face meetings.

well, i imagine it's the interaction with people...even if you never "see" them...
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:36 AM   #10
Butter
Coordinator

Can I just say: Woo, Dayton!

That is all.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:28 AM   #11
vtbub
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27

I'd be curious to see what effects the internet has on helping the disabled on being more social. I know it has helped me a great deal.

It was brought up a while ago that you can't make real friends on the net, I beg to differ on that. I've made some very good friends on here, and I've never met them face to face.

The internet is a great equalizer, if you know how to take advantage of it. And, yes, I have very good non-internet friends too.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Perhaps, I was being too literal in my reading of his post. I can certainly understand the internet broadening one's world.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-08-2006 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:07 AM   #13
vtbub
College Starter

Actually, knowing your professional background, the case you make is a valid one. I certainly understand where you are coming from. I think the whole social/internet think is a new thing to study.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:47 PM   #14
Hammer755
High School Varsity

A member of the OOTP community suffered from Muscular Dystrophy and passed away this past year. I understand that is a completely different disease than MS, but I bring it up because of the interaction component.

Here is a response from his mom to the thread relaying his passing.

Quote:
This is Bill's mom. I am eternally grateful to all of you for your comments. I never realized Bill had this relationship with so many people. He was so sheltered. He was in a wheelchair from the age of 12. He was a high school honor student and attended Fullerton College where he was Managing Editor of the school newspaper. As his health declined, he had to stay at home and eventually was tied to a breathing machine in his room. His leagues were his life. You may honor Bill's memory in any way you see fit, although contributions to MDA would be greatly appreciated. I will keep each and every one of you in my prayers. You allowed me to see Bill as he was seen by others outside his family, as a man, not a sick boy. You have given me a wonderful gift.

It brings me to tears every time I read it.

Last edited by Hammer755 : 08-08-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Hammer755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #15
vtbub
College Starter

MD is so unbelieveably cruel.

Old 08-08-2006, 05:17 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer755
A member of the OOTP community suffered from Muscular Dystrophy and passed away this past year. I understand that is a completely different disease than MS, but I bring it up because of the interaction component.

Here is a response from his mom to the thread relaying his passing.

It brings me to tears every time I read it.

Thanks for sharing, and yes MD is a terrible disease.