Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #51
Subby
lolzcat

Day 23, Week 4, 79 Days to Go

Did what the article said. Cold and rainy and getting dark at 445p. Put on the reflective vest and a headlamp and did 7 miles with 6 hills. Ran the hills at a hard clip as this is supposed to be a hill day. I prefer running a course with hills to just running up and down the same hill over and over.

Conditions were miserable, which made the hot shower afterwards all the sweeter.

I took the day off on Wednesday, mostly as a precaution. I feel pretty good though and will make it up on Friday, which is normally the rest day for the week.

The Daily Ticker:

Days: 23
Weight Lost: 8.9
Miles Run: 108
Cardio/Weight Sessions: 3
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #52
Subby
lolzcat

Day 25, Week 4, 77 Days to Go

8 miles at 145 bpm and 7:48 per mile pace. Cold as hell. 14 miler on tap for Sunday. High winds and sub-freezing temps in store. YAY!

Refereed three basketball games later in the day. Lots o' sprinting - tried to run backwards as much as possible.

The Daily Ticker:

Days: 25
Miles Run: 116
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 01-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #53
Subby
lolzcat

Day 26, Week 4, 76 Days to Go

Today was the most brutally cold day by far. With the windchill it felt like 2 degrees when I went out for my scheduled long run at 8am. Thank god for tights and the gator I wore around my neck. When the wind was really blowing I was able to cover most of my face and the running tights covered the exposed skin between shorts and knee-high running socks.

I filled up the two 10 oz water bottles I bought recently and packed some Clif Shot Blocks. The Shot Blocks are my favorite quick carbs - they come six to a pack and always help my energy levels on long runs.

The run went well. I started in Virginia, crossed the Key Bridge into Georgetown (DC) and ran on the historic C&O Canal towpath for about 6 miles before crossing back into Virginia via the Chain Bridge. From there it was another 4 miles to my house and all told I put in a 16.4 mile run. I was pretty beat when I was done but a hot shower and some killer breakfast burritos from my wife made recovery a snap. I burned 2500 calories and ran an average pace of 8:40. My heart rate was at 140 bpm on average. Not anywhere near where I want to be, but hopefully I can get there in the next 75 days.

A successful week, for sure. Looking forward to unlocking a bonus item tomorrow.

The Daily Ticker:

Days: 26
Miles Run: 132

Last edited by Subby : 01-04-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:24 PM   #54
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

First of all, I have an incredible amount of respect for you for doing this. Its extremely inspiring and Ive already started planning another attempt at getting into good shape because of it.

Secondly, I am actually in Silver Spring, MD right now (really here to visit DC, of course). Today I walked to the Metro from my hotel and then from the Metro to the Natural History Museum and I realized it was likely the coldest day I have ever experienced. WOW.

When I stopped at the station to get tickets (The station is exposed outside) I was so cold that I thought I was going to pass out. Ugh. Hopefully tomorrow is nicer as I plan on making the same walk.

Anyway, keep it up!!!
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:35 AM   #55
digamma
Torchbearer

Yessir, Subby! Go, go, go!
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #56
Kodos
Resident Alien

You are doing a fantastic job, Subby. Tonight should mark my return to the stationary bike in my own weight loss mission.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #57
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

You're kicking some serious ass here Subby. I'm inspired to continue running because of this awesome dynasty. Thanks!

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 01-04-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:15 AM   #58
Subby
lolzcat

Day 28, Week 5, 74 Days to Go

Thanks to everyone reading this for their support. It really makes a difference to me and is a big time motivator.

I weighed in at 193.7 this morning, so it looks like my weight loss is back in a positive direction.

It was dark and snowing when I went out this morning and did 6.5 miles. I was ready though and had on the following:

Head/neck: cut-off t-shirt sleeve under knit cap, head lamp, neck gator
Torso: heart rate monitor, base layer long sleeve shirt, black windbreaker, safety vest
Hands: glove liners, running gloves, garmin watch
Legs: running tights, running shorts
Feet/Ankles: compression socks, running socks, trail running shoes

Lots of stuff - but it made for a good, safe run - particular at a time of the day (6am) when there are a lot of cars on the road.

Heart rate was in the mid 140s and I did a tad over 8 minutes per miles. After taking yesterday off to rest, it was a solid run. Then I log in this morning and realize I was supposed to run 8 miles. Grrr. I'll make it up though - probably will go 8 tomorrow when the schedule calls for 4.

Speaking of training - here is my schedule for the rest of the way:

Marathon Training Schedule: Advanced-I
Week
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thur
Fri
Sat
Sun
3 m run 8 m run 4 m run 5 x hill rest 8 m pace
3 m run 8 m run 4 m run 40 Tem rest 8 m run
3 m run 9 m run 4 m run 6 x hill rest 9 m pace
4 m run 10 m run 5 m run 45 Tem rest 10 m run
4 m run 6 m run 5 m run 7 x 800 rest 6 m pace
4 m run 10 m run 5 m run 7 x hill rest 10 m pace
5 m run 6 m run 5 m run 45 tem rest 6 m run
5 m run 10 m run 5 m run 8 x 800 rest 10 m pace
4 m run 6 m run 4 m run 30 Tem rest 4 m run
3 m run 4 x 400 2 m run rest rest 2 m run
race

I basically took out all of the stepback weeks. This is either going to kill me or kill me. Probably kill me.

The Daily Ticker:

Days: 26
Weight Lost: 10.5
Miles Run: 139
Cardio/Weight Sessions: 4 (slacking on these - will do something tonight)

Last edited by Subby : 01-05-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #59
Subby
lolzcat

Day 29, Week 5, 72 Days to Go

Eight miles this morning in an attempt for being a bit short yesterday and taking Monday off. Slow. Legs hurt a lot - they felt thick and beat up, but I stopped to stretch a little over halfway through and that actually helped a lot. Had a huge meal out last night, so hopefully that was part of the reason it was kind of a slog.

14.5 miles for the week now - tomorrow calls for hills, so I will do my 6.5 mile hilly route.

The Daily Ticker:

Days: 27
Weight Lost: 10.5
Miles Run: 147
Cardio/Weight Sessions: 4

Last edited by Subby : 01-06-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #60
digamma
Torchbearer

Weekend update, my friend?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #61
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Hi, how's the training coming along?
Old 01-18-2010, 01:39 PM   #62
Swaggs
Coordinator

Bump?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #63
Subby
lolzcat

I am here and still running, but discouraged.

I hurt the middle toe on my right foot about three weeks ago and simply could not run. I apologize for not updating, but I was just extremely bummed.

So, I took two weeks off and started back again this week. I have three times this week with minimal pain (about 8 miles each run), so that's good news.

The bad news is that is pretty much a pipe dream to run the time I want or lose the weight I want. But I am not giving up. I am still going to train for the race and run the best time I can. There are four more races in the fall that I can run in to try and get my 3:15 goal time and I will use this race as a spring board.

Again, my apologies for not updating this thread. It was just too painful to come and talk about yet another training derailed by injury.

I promise that I will get back to regular updates starting tomorrow.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #64
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hang in there, Subby. Sorry to hear you got sidelined.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #65
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Aww Subby, sorry you got injured.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 02-10-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:13 AM   #66
ez
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post

The bad news is that is pretty much a pipe dream to run the time I want or lose the weight I want.

what's your middle toe have to do with weight loss?

don't hate the game, hate the player...
Old 10-16-2017, 11:51 AM   #67
Subby
lolzcat

FAT TO BOSTON IN 395 WEEKS

Old 10-16-2017, 12:31 PM   #68
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

bettr late than never. keep crushing.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:15 PM   #69
Kodos
Resident Alien

You are the man, Subby. Love following your exploits.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:21 PM   #70
Izulde
Head Coach

Amazing!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #71
corbes
College Benchwarmer

You rock, Subby!!!
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:58 PM   #72
rjolley
College Starter

Congrats. Good luck.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:24 AM   #73
Comey
College Starter

Congratulations! I went from 280 to 175 (well, to 160, then back to 175) six years ago...I finished doing that in Mystic, CT...home of Amby Burfoot. And John Kelly. And Tarzan Brown. And several world-class distance runners. This is a runner's town.

I got into distance running myself, and was doing pretty well (six-minute mile pace) for awhile...before baseball and basketball injuries crept in. Then I displaced the vertebrae at the base of my spine in 2015. I can still do it...but not as long as I want. And then I hurt, get frustrated...and don't do it.

But I still want to.

Seeing this gives me motivation. So, thank you.

(Now to follow through...)

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:59 AM   #74
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
Congratulations! I went from 280 to 175 (well, to 160, then back to 175) six years ago...I finished doing that in Mystic, CT...home of Amby Burfoot. And John Kelly. And Tarzan Brown. And several world-class distance runners. This is a runner's town.

I got into distance running myself, and was doing pretty well (six-minute mile pace) for awhile...before baseball and basketball injuries crept in. Then I displaced the vertebrae at the base of my spine in 2015. I can still do it...but not as long as I want. And then I hurt, get frustrated...and don't do it.

But I still want to.

Seeing this gives me motivation. So, thank you.

(Now to follow through...)

Wow - what an incredible story. Best of luck getting back into it. 6 min mile pace is ridiculously fast.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:24 PM   #75
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

congrats Subby.
pbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:50 PM   #76
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

Hell yeah.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:26 AM   #77
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Wow - what an incredible story. Best of luck getting back into it. 6 min mile pace is ridiculously fast.

Eh, should never have gotten to 280 in the first place. But I did, and now I'm not. (Thank you, though...it was a tough, but rewarding, turnaround.)

Amby is a really, really nice man. I used to play baseball with his nephew, who is now the cross-country coach at a high school in West Hartford. The whole family is pretty amazing.

Now my friend Spy...this dude is inspirational now. Arthritis stopped him from running about 18 months ago; he now surfs.

National 50+ Marathon Champion Runs with Ileostomy Bag | Runner's World

He was also the national champion at, I believe the 15k, despite having never run indoors. The guy is pure amazement.

Last edited by Comey : 10-20-2017 at 04:27 AM.
Comey is offline   Reply With Quote