Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #351
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm firmly in the Lathum/Kwhit camp against pre-determined votes.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #352
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Odds are we had villager/villager yesterday in the runoff.
assuming 2 wolves: 17/19 * 16/18 = 80%
assuming 3 wolves: 16/19 * 15/18 = 70%
assuming 4 wolves: 15/19 * 14/18 = 61%

(Hopefully my math is correct there. Note that I removed 1 villager from the pool of people since the villagers among us all know we are a villager)

If a conversion happened last night, I don't really think ntn would have been targeted, so unless he was a wolf to begin with, I doubt he's a wolf now.

Is the hope in lynching ntn that if he's a wolf, we can spot other wolves trying to protect him? Or is there something that I'm missing that we learn if he ends up as a villager?

You make a really good point here, J23. My vote was based on standard Werewolf. But I really do think there were likely no more than two wolves to start, and agree that NTN wouldn't be a good conversion target. I may have to rethink my vote given this particular ruleset.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #353
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

BK, if you are interested in reading more about Polis voting, check out pages 2-3 in the Mortal Kombat thread
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #354
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm firmly in the Lathum/Kwhit camp against pre-determined votes.

+1
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #355
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm leaning towards NTN for the voting history, but seems somewhat odd that he never voted EF to try and save himself.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:19 AM   #356
Barkeep49
Coordinator

J23: Your math is wrong about villager vs villager, because we know Eagles was a villager.

So the math looks like this:
2 wolves = 89%
3 wolves = 83%
4 wolves = 78%
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #357
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
This seems like a real stretch.

Why would this be a real stretch? It would have been easy for Abe to just not mention the item or state that it's gone, but instead he had a sentence indicating it was confiscated. Stands to reason--at least as possible--that the item may still be in existence somewhere in this game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #358
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
J23: Your math is wrong about villager vs villager, because we know Eagles was a villager.

So the math looks like this:
2 wolves = 89%
3 wolves = 83%
4 wolves = 78%

I was looking at the percentages that we'd have picked two villagers at random. When we picked out the villagers, we didn't know EF was a villager. If we pick a random villager now, then your numbers would apply.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #359
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'd also point to the last game where a wolf tried to use my day 1 vote against me. I layed the smack down on him and we won the game shortly thereafter.

I'll disagree forever that day 1 votes have any meaning whatsoever. Let's lynch ntn today. Yahoo, everyone jump onboard!!! We gots ourselves some
voting history if we do that!!

Yeah, well, were totally screwed if it turns out he's a villager. Seriously, what does the voting history tell us then. It might as well tell us that Dubb shot JFK.

The only good I can see coming out of a ntn lynch is if he is a wolf. Then maybe we start looking at who voted eagle and maybe otherwise (though offhand it makes no sense to me). I think I just convinced myself to vote ntn. Heh.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #360
KWhit
Coordinator

You also used your brilliant deductive reasoning to lynch the seer as I recall.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #361
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
The only good I can see coming out of a ntn lynch is if he is a wolf. Then maybe we start looking at who voted eagle and maybe otherwise (though offhand it makes no sense to me). I think I just convinced myself to vote ntn. Heh.

Well, yeah, that would be the point of voting NTN. If he was a wolf we'd have very valuable voting history twice in a row. If he was a villager we'd know that looking back at Day 1 voting history. That's the point.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #362
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
You also used your brilliant deductive reasoning to lynch the seer as I recall.

True, but that wasn't the plan. The plan was
to force your hand. It was quite obvious as that point that you were a wolf or roled villager. Instead, for whatever reason, of revealing who you were and maybe changing the game for us, you took your role right to the lynch and left
us all hanging.

I have to believe that's a much bigger deal than my decision to make my day 1 vote easy for me.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #363
Poli
FOFC Survivor

And it was quite brilliant. I knew you were hiding something.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #364
KWhit
Coordinator

Riiiiiight.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #365
Autumn
Head Coach

And J23, just to answer your question from before, I think if NTN ends up a villager what we learn is just what the reality of yesterday's vote was. Rather than dredge up Day 1 votes later in the game saying "Well, if NTN is a wolf, this could mean this and that could mean that" we'll know for sure that we had a villager/villager runoff. That's all.

It's not very much but it's at least potentially useful, whereas otherwise I feel like I'm just taking another shot in the dark.

My other plan though would be to have a different 2-person runoff, just to amass more voting history. Eventually it will get settled out and we'll know more.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:58 AM   #366
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Riiiiiight.

I'm sure I wasn't the only villager
upset with your decision to keep your role
to yourself. I'm sure the two wolves were quite happy with that though.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:00 AM   #367
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Frigging eaglefan. I nearly duked him instead of crimson. Too. Had he fought against the lynch last game he would have been target too. Right smart play, I'll give him that.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #368
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm sure I wasn't the only villager
upset with your decision to keep your role
to yourself. I'm sure the two wolves were quite happy with that though.

For the record, there was nothing to be gained by me revealing. I had scanned Autumn on day 1 who was nightkilled that same night, so I couldn't even clear anyone. If you guys believed my reveal, I was a dead man anyway by night kill. So I took a gamble that I would get lucky and avoid lynch so I could keep scanning and not be NKed. That didn't work.

It's not like I was taking a load of information with me. And I certainly didn't do it to spite the village, and don't really appreciate the insinuation that I did. I try to do everything I can to help the village win, even when I find myself in a crappy situation like being lynched because of the wording of the initial vanilla villager PM.

(End of my commentary on previous games - sorry for the derail).
Old 03-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #369
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #370
Raiders Army
Coordinator

StingPOSting from phone. Is it a safe assumption that villagers would only pass to other villagers?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #371
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
StingPOSting from phone. Is it a safe assumption that villagers would only pass to other villagers?

With corruption being possible, I don't know that this is a safe assumption. Some of the roles have an inherent chance of corruption, and only a couple are protected from corruption, so items could easily fall into wolf hands even if it wasn't intended.

Also, wolves could always pass items to try to gain trust.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #372
henry296
College Starter

RA,

That is probably a good assumption if chosing a role, however, if you pass to a specific player, you could pass to a wolf.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #373
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If I am going to assume that we were villager/villager yesterday then I'm looking at possible wolves who used their vote to avoid the spotlight. Possible candidates for my vote today will have had to have done one of the following.

1. Voted for a 3rd candidate.
2. Voted for a candidate other than EF when it looked like he was the vote.
3. Voted for EF early and was locked into that vote.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #374
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

J23 2 - ntndeacon (184), Chief Rum (198)
Telle 2 - CrimsonFox (185), henry296 (197)
PurdueBrad 1 - Poli (93)
Autumn 1 - Darth Vilus (178)

These are the guys I will be looking at hard today. Odd that NTN is on this list, but in the event we were villager/villager there really isn't any reason the wolves wouldn't just let the village lynch villagers.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #375
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am on the same page as Dubb. I have a theory about NTN that would be the only plausible explanation for him not voting EF. Right now I do not think he is a wolf.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #376
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So how exactly are we supposed to win this game? Seems voting history will be of no real value based on the conversion mechanics.

It's like Hoopsguys worst nightmare.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #377
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So how exactly are we supposed to win this game? Seems voting history will be of no real value based on the conversion mechanics.

IDK, but with me and you on the same page this is like backwards land.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #378
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
IDK, but with me and you on the same page this is like backwards land.

lol, no kidding
Old 03-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #379
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Alright people, I'm gonna head out to work now and won't be back til after deadline again.

Vote Raider's Army

Hasn't said too much and was one of the people who piled up on Ef yesterday

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:30 PM   #380
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Currently doing a breakdown of my suspects. Will be posed when I am finished.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #381
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Going to a bbq with a buddy of mine. I suspect I'll be around for the deadline. I'm going to hold my vote till then.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #382
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Well, we do have the exorcist to undo some of the conversion stuff. Also, the potential for a seer and the follower guy. I'm hoping that there are some items that might help us out there as well.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #383
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Going to a bbq with a buddy of mine. I suspect I'll be around for the deadline. I'm going to hold my vote till then.

a BBQ on a Tuesday! Count me in!
Old 03-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #384
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Well, we do have the exorcist to undo some of the conversion stuff. Also, the potential for a seer and the follower guy. I'm hoping that there are some items that might help us out there as well.

but how reliable are the seer and the follower. Anyone they can clear D1-3 are still suspect if there are no night kills.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #385
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

NTN

*Voted EF, then switched to J23 based on Autumn's comments about putting others in the spotlight early.
*Says he picked J23 at random.
*Today says he doesn't expect to see many night kills until the conversions stop. I agree with this.
*I have no idea what Lathum is seeing here to explain the vote on J23.

CR

*CR starts the game by saying his participation will be limited.
*Claims to be a "Normal Lightbringer."
*Says he has an item that will interfere with an "evil role" mentioned in the writeup.
*Says his item would have more power in the hands of a particular Lightbringer role.
*Says his item is not a weapon.
*Engaged Abe in a back and forth about what would happen if an item was passed to a role that does not exist.
*Votes J23 because he doesn't like a question J23 asked of Abe. CR says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR
"You know, there is so little to go on Day Ones, but you grasp at what straws you can. This reads to me less like a question from a villager with an item, and more like someone suggesting he has a night action.

Now, that might be a good guy, but my gut says it could actually be one of the Servants who can't PM (check the rules; possible for this game), possibly trying to put it out there to other Servants that he is one of them. It's unclear from the rules if a Servant who can't PM is even known to the other Servants.

Very slim, yes. But I have to vote soon, as I will soon be leaving work for the night.

VOTE J23"

In regards to

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23
Checking in. I have a good guess at what my item does, though it's not of much use to me.

What's the order in regards to trading items/night actions/night kills?

*CR States he passed his item to someone he thinks would use it better than he could.
*CR seems to think the sheriff now has the Colt that was taken from EF during his lynch.

Crimson

*If nothing else during the early part of the day CF was full of jokes. My personal favorite was "We're boned!" in response to the discussion of passing all the item to the same role and then that role getting whacked.
*Reminds everyone that people lose abilities and gain new ones when they are converted. Thinks maybe the Red Death has abilities equal to the lightbringers.
*Thinks the adepts scan works as a 50/50 like the fool.
*Votes Telle for "calling out west-coasters and not letting us sleep."
*Thinks people who ask questions about the rules and items end up being wolves.
*Starts posting vote recaps.
*Clarifies the rules/descriptions regarding items.
*Gets into a back and forth with BK. BK wants EF to name his item. CF says, "My point is the item name is not really important."
*There is some talk about using an item and it outting a roled person who uses it. CF firmly believes they will not be revealed.
*Says if he moves his vote to NTN it would create a tie and be no good. You have sat on your vote all day. Why wait until 1 minute before the deadline to justify it?

Henry

*Checks in with "Checking in... Got my PM."
*Says he has an interesting theory about his item. Says he will pass it tonight to test it.
*Says he is going to make sure we have a third candidate and votes Telle.
*States his theory was wrong and he is still vanilla.
*Reminds RA that passing to a role is a better idea than passing to a player as it is more likely the role will be good.

Poli

*Votes PB. While this may seem odd since NTN is #1 on the role list PB was actually the first to join. NTN was the second. Abe just listed NTN as 1 and PB as 2. Poli explains his vote before the game even begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli
In. I don't care what Abe says, purduebrad is my vote.

*To Lathum - "Lathum, ef, it's like what ntn and telle said. Pb signed up first. Not sure why Abe is trying to mess with me."
*Says something about a new D1 strat. Not sure what he is getting at here. Must be a joke?
*Says he has a date and will be disappointed if he is back by deadline. Was not back by deadline. Poli must have worn his little red dress.
*Gets into a discussion of the last game.
*Says he is holding his vote until later tonight.

DV

*Darth thinks that no one should be giving away anything about their role this early.
*He states his item does not give any clue as to what it does.
*Votes Autumn with the following reasoning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vilus
Well I'm getting ready to head out in a bit, not sure if i'll be back before i have to go to work (late shift, ugh) so im gonna throw my vote in

Vote Autumn

Nothing more than suggesting everyone to share their info

*Does come back before the deadline. Says he had car trouble. Does not change his vote.
*Says it wasn't the worst day ever.
*Votes RA due to his "pile on EF yesterday."
*Says he is out for the day.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #386
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
but how reliable are the seer and the follower. Anyone they can clear D1-3 are still suspect if there are no night kills.

Given the wording on the seer's description, we couldn't really trust them to clear anyone anyway. We can only trust when they come up w/ a wolf reading.

As for the follower, they can clear the roles that can't be corrupted, and certainly also call out wolves that do night actions I would think.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #387
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Based on what I saw in going back through my top three suspects that were on third candidates would be DV, Crimson, and CR.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #388
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
DV, Crimson, and CR.

These are not in any particular order.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #389
Telle
College Starter

Hey all, I'm home sick today with a nasty cold. I plan to pop into the thread at some point this evening and post a vote, but won't really be around beyond that. Sorry I'm not more active, but I just don't really have the energy to sit up and pay attention to the computer.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #390
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dubb- I appreciate your analysis and agree with much of it. I was thinking along the lines of CF and DV, as well as Poli.

One thing that is standing out to me is this though, you have in the past been very adamant about being a lot more into games when you are a wolf, then you provide this very detailed and well thought out analysis. It makes me say hmmmmm
Old 03-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #391
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
+1
+2
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #392
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm leaning towards NTN for the voting history, but seems somewhat odd that he never voted EF to try and save himself.

I was very much bothered by how ntn voted. Was he just hanging out that vote to save himself later? It was just odd not voting for EF. Especially when he's not on much. Can't remember if he was around at the buzzer.
This was why I was thinking he was more guilty than EF. I actually believed EF about his reveal and didn't care about the name knowing that EF's answers and reasonings don't always make sense. (no offense)
Old 03-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #393
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post

Hmmmmm. I hadn't thought about "cursed items". That does sound like a clever abe thing. Not sure if the servants would know they were cursed tho. People CAN pass blindly to a role but not know who it ends up going to nor will the recipient know who it comes from. But roles are definitely Lightbringer. If you passed something to Poli and Poli is a wolf, then sure you've just given an item to the enemy.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #394
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Dubb- I appreciate your analysis and agree with much of it. I was thinking along the lines of CF and DV, as well as Poli.

I was thinking CR, DV and Poli, so somewhere between you two.

I tend to give CF a bit more slack because he's posted like his usual self as opposed to the one time I saw him as a wolf and he was very quiet.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #395
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

One thing that is standing out to me is this though, you have in the past been very adamant about being a lot more into games when you are a wolf, then you provide this very detailed and well thought out analysis. It makes me say hmmmmm

I'm not causing confusion so give me a pass. I took a break that I badly needed. Now I'm back and I'm more into it.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #396
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
With corruption being possible, I don't know that this is a safe assumption. Some of the roles have an inherent chance of corruption, and only a couple are protected from corruption, so items could easily fall into wolf hands even if it wasn't intended.

Also, wolves could always pass items to try to gain trust.

With corruption being possible, this means this game we will have to throw out some early voting data because villagers become evil, unless we go the route of not only figuring out the servants, but who they converted and when.

If I were a servant, if Hoops didn't start with me, I'd definitely want to convert him day 1. Just sayin.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #397
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
If I were a servant, if Hoops didn't start with me, I'd definitely want to convert him day 1. Just sayin.

Man I'm glad I don't have a rep (or maybe I have one for being a bad player) so I don't have to deal w/ stuff like this and the xxx is alive, must be a wolf!
Old 03-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #398
Autumn
Head Coach

Going to be out for a while. I'm going to stick on NTN right now. I haven't seen anything suspicious enough to inspire me to move, and i haven't had time to really think today. I should be back on this evening.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #399
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

that is because ntn had a choral practice and could not get back in time.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #400
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

dubb, reason for my end of day defense was being wishy-washy. I was happy to hold my vote where it was but toward the end of the day I was more and more believing EF. I did not expect Autumn and Lathum to vote ntn pretty much at the same time. I was not going to be the one to cause a tie . (although others have been that bold before and NOT be lynched). I was more floating the idea out that if someone else agreed to vote for ntn at the end too, that I would move as well, but no one really bit and I had no actual proof either way.

Of your analysis CR and DV do bother me the most. CR, mostly because of voting for j23 because he doesn't like his question. Then again I need to get use to the fact that people vote day on early days for the weirdest slightest, most innocent reasons. DV, his autumn vote/reasoning is lame.