Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2017, 02:17 AM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

Can Izulde Figure Out FBCB?

So there's this guy in the CSL (DDS3 league), who calls himself 8timechamp because he's won 8 titles in FBB MP leagues. In DDS, he's been terrible - like one of the worst GMs ever. So naturally, we call him 0timechamp, especially since he likes to talk shit about how great he and his teams are. Even though he's done stuff like trade away 3 high lottery picks for an excellent role player.

I'm fairly good at DDS (2x Finals appearances with DDS1 historical league, 1x DDS2 title), though it's taken me a while to get the nuances of DDS3 down (no titles yet and only 1 playoff berth in 6 seasons (this year) because I took the Lakers, who start off in a super sucky position - Kobe's old, overpaid ass + lots of picks lost, so following the lines of the IRL Lakers really - plus, we've been screwed time and time again in the lottery, and the one year we did have a Top 5 pick of our own, it was the shittiest draft class in league history).

FBCB? I'm as bad as 0time is with DDS.

But let's see if we can remedy that. Because I'm a masochist, same level 0 coach with 100 Defense rating and 0s everywhere else to start. Same league setup, too.

...Well... not exactly. I dissolved the Independents and Great West in the default file, sending everyone to their current conferences. I also deleted Winston-Salem State because they quit playing Division I. Didn't mess with it beyond that.

Which means we have a 14 team WAC that will break up thanks to Limited Conference movement and it being a 1 prestige conference, despite top-heavy Utah State (83), That Terribad School Up North (70), New Mexico State (60), Fresno State (55), and Hawaii (50) all present. Either that or the prestige will shift.

...Actually, let's make some more adjustments.

Fresno State, That One School, Boise State, San Jose State, and Utah State all move to the MWC.

Texas-Arlington moves to the Sun Belt, as does Texas State.

Louisiana Tech moves to Conference USA, Hawaii to the Big West.

Utah moves to the Pac 12 with Colorado, TCU to the Big 12.

UMKC shifts to the WAC to reflect reality, as does Idaho to the Big Sky.

I'm not going to go through and change everything because there's some schools I'd have to add. And sure, I could just download the updated file, but eh, screw that.

New Orleans moves to the Southland, Denver packs its bags for the Summit.

There's a giant, 16 team Big East I'm tempted to break up, but then I might as well do that with reality, and the migraine I'm trying to kill is coming back just thinking about it. Ditto the 14 team Atlantic 10.

But the WAC has just 7 teams now. Everyone else has at least 8, and with 16 conference games, they really need to have 9 members. Well, they don't *have* to. That monstrosity Big East has 18 conference games with 16 members, sooo...

But I like the idea of a WAC where everyone plays each other twice. So Texas State moves over, which gives us even numbers in the Sun Belt.

Northern Arizona moves to the WAC to give us a 9th member and connect the California-Arizona-New Mexico-Texas corridor. It didn't really fit geographically with how the Big Sky was shifting anyway. ...Actually, neither Chicago State, UMKC, nor Seattle really belong here either. But yeah. The illogical reality.

I think I'm going to quit here for now. Headache and all.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:15 AM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Dude, so many updated files out there including on my site.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:12 AM   #3
Emmett13
Mascot

I know we've went back and forth on this a little bit and you don't care for it, but I can't stand the default rosters. Even just simming a handful of seasons to cycle through the default players to get some recruits makes everything so much better, IMO.

Especially if you start at a >20 prestige team, at least you have a chance of getting a few guys.

Good luck!
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:49 AM   #4
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Dude, so many updated files out there including on my site.

Yeah, I know, but since I went through all this work already, I'll roll with the changes I made.

Quote:
I know we've went back and forth on this a little bit and you don't care for it, but I can't stand the default rosters. Even just simming a handful of seasons to cycle through the default players to get some recruits makes everything so much better, IMO.

Especially if you start at a >20 prestige team, at least you have a chance of getting a few guys.

Good luck!

I know, but I'm a maochist at heart.

One slight change to the prior setup - I've turned Conference Movement off, but prestiges still update. That will allow me to delve into one of my favorite parts of FBCB - conference realignment (The Big East split will happen at some point, and I may make other adjustments).

...Well, shit. My changes of the default file didn't save - probably because I forgot to hit save.

Then again, none of my overwrites for anything seem to be working.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote