Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2005, 03:15 PM   #1
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

OOTP v. Pure Sim

Ok, haven't seen anything on this in awhile, and its getting close to that time of year. So, which of these newest versions are worth getting? I had the shareware version of Pure Sim v. 7 and was not happy with the way my 4th and 5th pitchers were mowing down opposing batters and winning 3-2 games. Pitching is important to me.

Had the Season Ticket version of OOTP and it was pretty much the same story on that. Is this a flaw in baseball text sims in general? 4th and 5th pitchers for most teams should be racking up huge eras and being gone thru like a bag of shelled pistachios. Tried to download Pure Sim 8 and had some problem with it. May need to take v. 7 off first. Download manager said corrupted something or other when I attempted to extract files and start.

Ease of using the historic Lahman's database is also a factor.

Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 03:50 PM   #2
Swaggs
Coordinator

Thanks to online leagues, OOTP has probably logged the most hours of use on my computer in the past three years. I don't think many of us (online leaguers) play solo much, though. The AI just isn't there.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I might skip them both and get BB Mogul 2006 this year for my text sim needs.

If Clay listens to Ben and a few others beta testing, this incarnation of the long lost series baseball sim just might have a place on my hard drive.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote