Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #1451
Autumn
Head Coach

Narcizo at one point had almost all of you guys nailed, but then went after Lathum, I think, the one wrong pick he had.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #1452
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post
PF was absent and Tyrith, I don't believe came back on. The three votes on me were all supervillains.

ntn was never actually converted. he was still a deranged citizen until tonight lynch. i never knew him and he never knew me
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #1453
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i thought for sure J23 was gonna start the run on me yesterday and just a landslide on me

I wanted to get rid of ntn yesterday and even more so today when he voted dzilla but I could not get anyone to follow me there yesterday and could not again today.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #1454
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I put in about five orders to scan bug... lol
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #1455
MrBug708
Head Coach

I knew Ntn was bad two days ago but had Moe important kills to make. Hoops was either get him on my side or get him out
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #1456
Danny
Head Coach

I think the balance of the game was fine btw, a better played villager game could have netted a different result.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #1457
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Autumn, thanks for running the game. I think you did a good job balancing it, but the lack of role reveals late in the game, makes it difficult to generate rationale discussion (except for the merits or lack thereof coldplay). And no doubt, if you come up with another Dark Knight game, I will certainly be in.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #1458
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post

I'll attest to this. Mauboy was changing his scans once a minute near deadline, and just barely missed scanning both Saldana and Bug I believe.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #1459
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post
Autumn, thanks for running the game. I think you did a good job balancing it, but the lack of role reveals late in the game, makes it difficult to generate rationale discussion (except for the merits or lack thereof coldplay). And no doubt, if you come up with another Dark Knight game, I will certainly be in.

I really don't think so. There was a lot there for analysis I believe. The villager just didn't put in the effort in this one.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #1460
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I wanted saldana to kill Ntn deacon yesterday...I posted as much but well done...saldana...shot in the dark on day 2...quite lucky to kill the forensics

i totally missed that...i saw where you said you were gonna kill batman, but i wanted to get j23 so that i could use the old "they killed him to make me look bad" routine today if i needed it

the double kill on the forensic guys was total luck and really changed the game
Old 10-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #1461
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post

I was so worried...I also had a brutal kill for lynching
Old 10-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #1462
Autumn
Head Coach

I agree, it was balanced. The role reveals and lack of wolf conspiring made things tough for the village. I do think there were things there for the analysis, but it was a different sort of style that we're not used to here, it would take some practice to learn how to play this way.

It could have gone the other way, if less roles had been revealed early with the forensics officers dead, things would have been ripe for fake seer claims, etc. I was surprised no one still tried any fake claims after that, even as villagers. I might have done that as a vanilla villager to waste a wolf kill at least.

Supervillains did a great job of never putting kills on the same target. Looking back, I think Two Face's inability to attack Dawes was an unneeded complication, and may have actually helped in that sense, since Saldana knew Bug wasn't going to attack Mauboy.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #1463
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I really don't think so. There was a lot there for analysis I believe. The villager just didn't put in the effort in this one.

Not for an inexperienced villager like me. I had a feeling about Saldana, and was starting to get a feeling about Bug. Missed completely on ntn. I couldn't generate enough evidence to sway anybody on Saldana, though.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #1464
MrBug708
Head Coach

Had saldana been lynched we would have lost today. I also emailed Autumn ny orders and watched the thread logged out to avoid scans
Old 10-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #1465
hoopsguy
General Manager

Darn you for killing me day 1, Bug

I was a little disappointed to see that the remaining villagers kind of threw their hands up in the air after the two forensics guys went down. Obviously the degree of difficulty goes up without reveals, but that is where you need to try and press people in the thread to get some sense for who is deviating from their villager/wolf playing styles.

Not having information on death is harsh, but not putting forth sustained/coordinated effort to get any info out of the thread just seemed to accelerate the end of the game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #1466
saldana
Pro Starter

i thought we were doomed the night that chief blocked me...i knew he was gonna bluff the night before but took a kill instead, hoping for another villain, and was sure i was gonna be the scan target the night i did get blocked...in fact, i am stunned that i was never a scan target.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:33 PM   #1467
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Narcizo at one point had almost all of you guys nailed, but then went after Lathum, I think, the one wrong pick he had.

I was so disappointed to read that when I was following along - it was just a bad math play to target someone who had been scanned (with seer reveals unchallenged) when the only chance they had to be bad was to have been converted on Night 2.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:33 PM   #1468
Autumn
Head Coach

Clearly the game was a bit of a dud, particularly compared to the last Red Death game, or even to the first Dark Knight game. The ruleset had a lot to do with that, or at the very least the unfamiliarity of it (and the bad luck of getting roles revealed early and then losing forensics early). But there also just wasn't a lot of participation from the get-go, on both sides. A lot of missed scans, missed votes. I was surprised, I thought people would be raring to go after a long Red Death game where some people had been dead for a week or two.

I'll post some of the private message writeups later. I felt bad that there was so little being posted publicly later in the game, and all my fun stuff was happening behind the scenes.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #1469
MrBug708
Head Coach

Hoops, you are the best ww player, you were either gonna help me or get out of my way. I feared u reading me on day 1 and the game ending fast
Old 10-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #1470
Autumn
Head Coach

A lot of bad luck, and not great moves, early for the village. Having a three-way tie and losing your Officer. Robin getting killed right off ... both forensics officers killed quickly.

Oh and having Commo pick Hoopsguy for his very first scan, leading me to write up a great writeup of them discovering each other, only to have him change his target at the last minute, and Hoopsguy end up dead. Grr. :-)
Old 10-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #1471
Tyrith
College Starter

I think the balance was fine, as in the wolves and the village had appropriate win percentages. However, I would also say the game rules weren't set up to make a particularly interesting game. There was no catalyst to spark discussion - no voting history to analyze, no game mechanics to provide points of controversy, and no ability to presume wolf teamwork in the early game.

That isn't to say that this wasn't a well run game, or even a ruleset worth trying, but I think the same ruleset would produce games similar to this one on successive attempts.

That said, the village could have done a lot better over the last couple of days, myself obviously included. It's just very hard to get excited for a game when "doing better" means teaming up to fine a coordinated shot in the dark, as opposed to an uncoordinated vote with no chance of success.

I would, however, completely stick behind my comments on following Narcizo and CR for those couple of days - with the volume of wolves, it was the only way to preserve the voting power of the village.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #1472
Autumn
Head Coach

From what I've seen of other groups running the ruleset they go heavy into the in-thread clues, trying to signal each other. And then of course fake clues, everybody reading clues into everything, etc., etc. I think the fact that we are conditioned here never to give things away like that made it hard for the wolves or Robin to dare do that, and so made it hard for the village who couldn't really expect to find those things.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #1473
Tyrith
College Starter

Yeah, we've shown that we're willing to viciously prosecute any sort of hint like that.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #1474
MrBug708
Head Coach

Hey Autumn, I loved it
Old 10-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #1475
Autumn
Head Coach

You did really great, Bug, it was nice watching you so invested in it. Chief did a great job on the other side with his blocks in particular.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #1476
Autumn
Head Coach

My idea was to lead from the conclusion of this game into a third game in the trilogy, possibly centered on Arkham. You guys left Gotham in a pretty bad state though!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #1477
Autumn
Head Coach

I was really astounded to see the village allow a three-way tie on day one, given how rabidly anti-tie this group is, and knowing the breaker was a coin flip.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #1478
Tyrith
College Starter

For whatever reason it seems like we were just never really engaged in the game, even going back to day 1.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #1479
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Different ruleset, so try a different tactic. Although in hindsight it probably wasn't a good play.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #1480
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
For whatever reason it seems like we were just never really engaged in the game, even going back to day 1.

It felt that way. Partly not knowing how to grapple with a lone wolf, I think. But even a lot of the wolves weren't involved initially. I'll chalk it up to astrology.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #1481
Autumn
Head Coach

Characters ...
Quote:
You are Harvey Dent, or you used to be. You prefer now to go by the name of Two Face. The people of Gotham sent you to prison. And while you were beaten and maimed by the very criminals you had protected them from they let Gotham burn. It seems they don't deserve any better. Upon your release you flipped your lucky coin, deciding whether to save or destroy Gotham. Too bad for them.

Quote:
You are Edward Nygma, a frustrated genius. Your passion, and prowess, at riddles and puzzles is unparalleled. Yet you have never found the canvas for your art. Your work is rejected at every turn. Your failure is not your own fault, it's Gotham's! How could they fail to recognize your brilliance?

Quote:
You are Pamela Isley, a brilliant botanist and a passionate defender of the earth. The people of Gotham sicken you, destroying the very world around them in a shallow pursuit of wealth. They live pathetic, callow lives, never caring for the wonder and beauty which they destroy. It would be a blessing if the city and its people simply ceased to exist.

Quote:
You are Victor Fries, a brilliant scientist studying cryogenics. You are sure that your work could result in the end of death, the ability to stall illness. You had hoped to use your owrk to save your wife, Nora, whose illness you were sure would some day kill her. But the fools at the university would not give you enough money, you were not able to complete the "freeze ray" to the specifications you wanted. Nora was frozen, but too much, she can never be brought back. Over and over you had asked Gotham's wealthy, its museums and schools and labs to fund your work. If they had, she would still be alive. Gotham killed Nora.

Quote:
You are Jonathan Crane, a professor of psychology. Or you were, until the university took umbrage at your experiments. They took away your job, your license. They took away your work. How could they not understand the importance of understanding fear? They had never known it, perhaps. They were bullies, just of a different sort. Just like the bullies back in school, these men used their power upon the weak, preyed on their insecurity. Gotham is ruled by bullies, who have never had to taste fear, not like the subjects you had tested your fear toxin on. What if the mighty and strong were forced to taste fear? What would the world look like then?

Quote:
You are Rachel Dawes. After Harvey Dent's false arrest, and his accident, he was found unfit to return to his position as District Attorney. You have taken his spot. Gotham is as full of criminals as ever, and it needs you to track down the killers that stalk its streets, bolder than ever before.

Quote:
You are Dr. Jeremiah Arkham. Your family has run Gotham's asylum for centuries, and you have inherited your father's genius for understanding the disturbed. There are more of them in Gotham than ever before, and only the care of your staff can save this twisted city.

Quote:
You are Batman. Bruce Wayne is no more, his mansion destroyed, himself presumed dead. But Batman must go back to work. You have recovered from the gunshot wound you took months ago, and now find yourself seeking the killer of the very man who shot you. Gambol, the leader of the mob is killed, and every bit of evidence points to a new crazed killer in town. The Joker is locked away, but someone is out for savage revenge. Based on the killings so far, you suspect none other than Harvey Dent himself, once Gotham's White Knight. But he's nowhere to be found.

Quote:
You are Tim Drake. You're as passionate about saving Gotham as anyone. Youv'e seen what the criminals have done to this city, and you've seen the hope that Batman has brought. He may be the world's greatest detective, but yo'ure no slouch. You've already figured out that Bruce Wayne was the Batman, but Wayne has gone missing. The Batman is back though. Now, if you could only convince him to let you help him.

Quote:
You are [name] an officer in the Gotham City Police Department. One of the good ones. You can't save this city by itself, not in the state it's in, but you're here to protect and serve. If you can just keep the good guys safe maybe Gotham can save itself.

Quote:
You are [name], an officer in the Gotham City Major Crimes Unit. Your job is to do analysis of crime scenes and do profiles on any arrested criminals. Gotham can't afford more good guys sent to prison, or crazy killers set free.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #1482
Autumn
Head Coach

The Death of Tim Drake ...

Quote:
You come home after an exhausting night prowling the rooftops. With Wayne Manor gone, you've got no way of finding the Batman. Your best bet is letting him find you. Wherever there's a mugging, you're there, stopping it. Wherever the sirens go, you go. One of these times he'll find you.

Or maybe he already did. Someone's in your apartment when you enter, you feel him before you see him. "Batman?" you ask, but the word dies on your lips as you see his scarred face.

"Harvey Dent?" You recognize the good side. But you didn't know what had happened to his face, to make him ... wait ... "You. You're Two Face."

"Don't be scared, don't be scared by the scars. There's an ugly side to everyone in Gotham, but they keep it hid. I'm just here to show you how it really is, in this city. The ugly truth no one wants to see."

He starts a coin dancing on his fingers, the other hand points a gun. "There's no justice in Gotham, kid. This is the fairest deal you're ever going to get."

He flips the coin, and your eyes are fast, fast enough to see there's two heads. When it lands is when you realize ... one of them has been scratched out. "Oops," he says and then you hear the sound of the fun.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:57 PM   #1483
Autumn
Head Coach

The Creation of a Supervillain ...

Quote:
The house is not a home any longer, but a makeshift laboratory. Equipment trundled from university offices fills the halls, the dining room, the living room, the parlor, leaving only the master bedroom untouched. The way it was when she was still here.

Victor Fries sits spotlighted by halogen lights, bent over a work table. His work must go on, it must be perfected. Never mind what the fools at the university said, no matter if they threatened to take his diploma away. Their mistake had been not letting him finish, not giving him the funding he needed, the resources. It would have worked, it should have worked. It would work now, whether he had to steal the parts, steal the money he needed. He would make it work.

The figure bent over the table didn't notice the one watching him until he was already in the room, gun drawn. Victor looked up, startled, his hand fumbling for the device he had been working on.

"Not so fast, Fries," the man said. When he stepped into the lamp light Victor could see his famous face, the face of Harvey Dent. When he took a second step Victor saw what remained of the rest of it.

"You, you're Two Face," he said, suddenly understanding. He looked at the gun, aimed at his heart. "It's fine. My heart is ice already. Kill it. They killed me when they killed my Nora."

Two Face smiled, or half of his mouth did. "I'm not so cruel, Victor. Not as cruel as Gotham. I bring you what Gotham never gave you." He took a coin from his pocket, twirling it in the air. "A fair chance."

Victor stared at the coin. Yes, a fair chance, a shot, that was all he had ever asked for. But it had never been fair, had it? The grants, the tenure, the research money, the favoritism. It had been rigged all the time. The winners kept winning. And Nora died. "They killed my wife."

Harvey glanced at the device on the table. "And if that works they'll take it too, Victor. You don't win playing by their rules. You only win when you decide the rules yourself." The coin flashed in the air and came down on the floor. Heads. Harvey lowered the gun and shrugged. "You win, Victor. Your move." Two Face bent down to retrieve the coin, and with a nod, he left.

"My move," Victor muttered to the empty room, his eyes resting on the machine. It had been meant to save people. To save Nora. But it was too late for that, wasn't it. Victor picked up the freeze ray. It felt comfortable in his hand. What, he wondered, what would save them now?
Old 10-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #1484
Autumn
Head Coach

Twin Deaths ...

Quote:
Officer Maggie Sawyer worked the night shift. Everybody knew that in Major Crimes, in the whole PD really. Even the District Attorney. Or former District Attorney. He knew when the shifts changed. He knew when she'd be alone, for a few moments at least.

"Hello Maggie." Harvey Dent's familiar voice came from behind her as she bent over a microscope. Maggie straightened slowly, glancing around and wishing she wore a weapon. There was the sound of a gun cocking.

"Harvey. Long time no see," she said, turning around slowly. she didn't need to be told to keep her hands where he could see them. It was Harvey all right. What part was left at him. She couldn't keep herself from wincing at the sight of his burns.

"Trying to find a killer, huh?" he said, glancing at her work. "You guys are getting serious here. People marching outside, demanding you do your job. Demanding justice. People are starting to see, to realize."

"Realize what, Dent?" she asked, stepping slightly sideways. If she could make it to the door, at least they'd know he was here.

"That you aren't here to protect and serve. Not protect and serve them at least. Protect the mob. Serve the wealthy. This department is a joke."

"We were making it better. You were, Harvey."

"I tried." Dent stepped sideways, keeping in front of her. "And you threw me in jail."

"You know I had nothing to do with that, Dent," Maggie told him. She'd just have to scream. The sound would bring others.

"You had nothing to do with it? Nothing to do with stopping it. Nothing to do with finding the real criminals. How many times did you turn the other way, Maggie." She was afraid he was going to foam at his mouth, he was getting so irate.

"Harvey, listen"--

"You can call me Two Face." He got out the coin. "Half good, half bad. Better odds than you get anywhere else in Gotham. Certainly better than in this cesspool." He gestured with his chin at the police station. "I'll flip, you tell me if you get to live."

Maggie got ready to scream. The coin flashed in the air. She leaned forward to see what came up.

Two Face fired, shooting her in the throat before the coin ever landed. "Sorry, Mags. Sometimes the game is fixed."

Quote:
David Cornwell worked the day shift. He headed out to the department early in the morning, before others were up. Maggie could go home and get some rest, and he'd get back on this Two Face case. A profile, a bit of material evidence, something would lead them to him, eventually. It always did.

He didn't notice the man standing there at first. It was still dark, and anyway he knew the guy over there kept odd hours. Always coming in and out. He was a scientist or something. Something tickled David's trained danger sense though as the figure moved. There was something wrong about the way he walked. David watched him carefully as he unlocked the door.

"Could you help me," the man said, and as he stepped closer to the streetlight, closer to David, Cornwell could see he was carrying some sort of device. Wearing it really strapped on to him. It looked so bizarre, David forgot to be worried.

"Help?" he said dumbly trying to figure out what the fellow could be doing.

"Yes, with an experiment."

Well that made some sense at least. He was a scientist after all. "Well, I'm heading to work. Who are you again?" David opened the car door, to emphasize the point.

"It will only take a moment." There was suddenly a whining noise, of a device powering up, and the neighbor held up a series of metal tubes which began to glow a bright blue. The device looked eerily like ... a gun.

"Oh shit," David muttered, and dived for the car. When the ray reached him he was half way in and his body, frozen solid, horizontal, crashed on the edge of the door and clattered out onto the pavement with a sound like stone on stone.

Victor Fries smiled, a smile more like a snarl as he walked up and shoved the man's solidified corpse, watching it crack in half. "You can call me Dr. Freeze," he told the body. Looking up and about he found the security camera on the nearby apartment building. "Dr. Freeze!" The cry echoed through the neighborhood as the strangely clad man stalked away in the direction of downtown Gotham.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #1485
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, I think you're right - it just isn't the sort of WW game we play on this board anymore. Even taking out a couple of hundred junk posts, the game still had 1100 posts or so - it wasn't like it was completely quiet. But our huge post count games have much tended to be complicated mechanically, as a way to stir the pot. Like you said, everyone plays pretty tight these days too, which makes it hard to induce paranoia like what would make this game really booming.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #1486
Autumn
Head Coach

Perspective On a Bodyguard Block ...

Quote:
You've got patrol beat, late night, while Gotham's under siege. Muggings, robbery, everything's got second fiddle to stopping these killings. The Commissioner's made clear, another killing on his watch and things will get ugly. And so a veteran cop, you've got to go with your guts, go where seems right.

Your instincts read right this time. You saw the figure out of the corner of your eye and you were moving before you could even process what it was. Something deeper knew. Gun out, you're running across the street as the figure kicks in the door. "Stop! Police!" You're afraid for a moment yo'ure too late, he's too far ahead, but he turns to deal with you. You lower the gun and fire as he comes at you, and that's the last thing you remember for a while. When you come to you hear the sirens and the crowd of onlookers. You feel something not right, too, in your side. But you ignore that, pushing away the paramedic.

"What happened, where'd they go?"

"Gone, Officer. You chased them off, whoever they were. They put you down, but by then people were on the way. You done good."

Good. You grit your teeth and try and stand. Gotham doesn't have time for a wounded officer. You'll just have to keep doing what you do.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #1487
Autumn
Head Coach

Death of a Doctor

Quote:
Jeremiah Arkham, he's the kind of person who makes Gotham what it is. Excusing criminals, always excusing them, putting them in a nice comfy room and "curing" them. Even the Joker, that madman, they say he can be cured. But it's justice Gotham needs, not doctors. Tonight you'll try to give the doctor some justice.

People say the good doctor lives out in Gotham Heights, in a small little house riddled with bay windows. You wait for him there, and the fellow arrives late at night, looking weary as he unlocks his door and enters. You don't know if it's really him, but you step out of the dark, surprising him as he tosses his keys aside.

"You! Here!" He says, shocked as your ravaged face steps into view. You don't say anything, simply level the gun. The coin is already dancing in your other hand. "We're about to flip for your life," you tell him, flipping the coin once, twice, three times. "A crazy idea, isn't it? Why don't you see if you can cure me, before I decide. Do you think you can do that, doc, cure me?"

But it's too late for him. The coin came up scars. Scars men like him gave you, while they pretended to do justice. "Doctor, heal thyself," you tell him as you fire, again and again. He says nothing.

Quote:
You spend the night combing through the files you've collected on this man named Tyrith. Not the most conventional of men, perhaps, but you decide by the end of the night that he shows no signs of mental disturbance.

Sighing, you leave the asylum, later than any but the night staff, and head to your home in Gotham Heights. You can think of nothing more than a few hours of sleep before you return to the battle, the battle for Gotham's soul. But it seems the battle has come to you.

He steps out of the shadows. You see the face of Harvey Dent, and are surprised, but the other half of his face follows and you begin to understand. "You, it's you," you mutter, as he raises the gun to him. "Of course. Your anger, your bitterness at what Gotham did to you. And the injuries, your face ..."

He begins to flip a coin with his other hand, once, twice, three times. "We're about to flip for your life," he says. "A crazy idea, isn't it? Why don't you see if you can cure me, before I decide. Do you think you can do that, doc, cure me?"

You look to the coin and to him, understanding, but the understanding comes to late. He's caught the coin and he shakes his head, showing you the scarred face. "I don't need your help. Neither does Gotham. Doctor, heal thyself." He fires again and again and least as the dark comes you can say to yourself that now you understand.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #1488
Autumn
Head Coach

It got hard to do writeups after the forensics officers died, since I couldn't give anything away to the wolves, even if they were pretty darn sure who they were killing. I wanted the villagers to be able to induce some of that paranoia! But they didn't ...
Old 10-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #1489
Autumn
Head Coach

Death of the Batman??

Quote:
With the very institutions of Gotham under attack, citizens cowering in their homes, neighbors being turned in as suspects left and right, you've had more than enough to keep you busy in your fight on crime. It hasn't been enough, you're barely able to crawl back to the Batcave at the end of the night, sleep a few hours and get back to the battle. With the police undermanned, and focused on these costumed killers, there's more crime than ever on the streets.

It's at one back alley drug deal that things finally catch up with you. You're more than a match for these thugs, but you're tired. Maybe that's why you don't notice him until too late. He steps from the shadows, a hideously scarred man who you know must be the killer you've been looking for. When he turns in the distant street light you see the face you had hoped wouldn't be attached to those scars.

"Harvey. You've got to stop this madness." The thugs flee, forgotten. You see Harvey's got the drop on you, his gun out.

"Gotham was mad before I ever came along. You know that. Only a mad city, an insane city, would need someone like you. I believed in you, Gotham believed in you. But you let me down. You let everyone down. Gordon died on your watch. I, I turned into this on your watch. You're just as crooked, or as useless, as the rest of this city."

"You know I didn't want that to happen to you, Dent. It was the Joker that caused this. The mob. They're the ones you should be fighting."

"You and the Joker, Gordon and the mob. You're all just opposite sides of the coin. None of you's any better than the other. None of you know what justice is. None of you deserve justice. I'm going to give you the best deal you can get in Gotham City. A fair deal."

He starts to flip the coin. You can see where this is heading, and you're moving toward him while it's in the air. If he's crazy enough to need it, that's the edge you need to close on him.

But he fires before you close, before the coin even lands. "I get one free shot. Look at that armor you're wearing. You've weighted the odds." He checks the coin now as you try to struggle to your knees. "Oops, sorry Bats. It's your turn to be punished, like I was." He fires again and you can feel a rib break as it drives you back to the pavement. Something is wrong inside you.

"You all sent me to prison, left me to the mercies of Gotham's worst criminals. I wonder what they'll make of the Batman, laying bleeding in an alley. I wonder what they'll do to you?" He stands over you watching you struggle to breathe. "Maybe when they're done you'll come to see it my way."

The last thing you hear is his footsteps as they disappear down the alley.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #1490
Autumn
Head Coach

Death of J23

Quote:
Everywhere, everyone in Gotham is under siege. No one dares walk the streets at night. If they're not afraid of the killers, they're afraid of the cops who are out in force. So like so many others you're inside, sitting in the dark in the light of a TV screen, trying to feel less alone.

When suddenly you feel that you're not alone. You mute the TV and listen, and eventually you stand to check. The front door is locked, but the back door you find open, the latch laying on the floor in pieces. You bend down to look and see the frost on the metal where it has cracked apart.

Suddenly you're lit by a glow from behind, ice blue. You stand up slowly but you already hear the whine of some sort of device. "How many more of you will die?" a voice asks. You turn and see a strange figure, a device strapped to his body. It glows and hums and you can see your death in it. "How many will die before they realize their mistake? Before they kneel down in front of me and plead for forgiveness for the wrongs they've done to me? How little your neighbors, your friends, your city, your heroes care for you. They have forced me to do this. They killed you. Just as they killed my Nora."

There's no use fleeing, the ray is as fast as light, and as cold as hell. You feel your body stiffening, growing heavy, even before the cold reaches your brain and stills it forever.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #1491
saldana
Pro Starter

i actually had a signal post typed out during the day on day two...i was going to quote Bugs vote and say "blah blah blah blah....i'm with bug" hoping that would be enough of a clue for him to know i was a DC...i deleted it before i posted it, deciding it wasnt worth the chance on day 2, and then he came after me anyway
Old 10-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #1492
Autumn
Head Coach

You had a good point, Saldana, in PM, wondering if Two Face knew the characters of the disturbed citizens. If I had made that public it would have given you guys something to work with.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #1493
Autumn
Head Coach

So these are the folks left in Arkham. I think you can expect John Burton, Shoeshine boy and amateur DJ to make an appearance in part three somehow ;-)

THE COMMITTED ...

ABE SARGENT ... OFFICER MACKENZIE BOCK
CRIMSONFOX ... JOHN BURTON, SHOESHINE BOY
MCKERNEY ... JONATHAN CRANE, DISTURBED CITIZEN
LATHUM ... GOTHAM CITIZEN
SNDVLS ... GOTHAM CITIZEN
DADDY TORGO ... EDWARD NYGMA, DISTURBED CITIZEN
DZILLA77 ... GOTHAM CITIZEN
Old 10-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #1494
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I was really astounded to see the village allow a three-way tie on day one, given how rabidly anti-tie this group is, and knowing the breaker was a coin flip.

I can't speak for everyone, but as someone with a late vote involved with creating the tie I might as well chime in here.

I thought we had bad candidates in Abe (not around) and Zinto (didn't like looks of run on him that never quite cleared) so I was willing to push it in a 3rd direction.

I don't think I'm as strongly against ties as some players - I like understanding the tie mechanics and knowing what I'm getting into if I'm going to force a tie. I'm more reluctant to create a tie when I have no idea how things will play out.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #1495
MrBug708
Head Coach

Dt was bad...hmmm
Old 10-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #1496
MrBug708
Head Coach

I honestly was so confused by cf...I would have went after him but he was too off the reservation
Old 10-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #1497
Autumn
Head Coach

I assume CF was trying to draw attention from Two Face, hoping to cause confusion. but maybe he was just being silly.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #1498
Autumn
Head Coach

The Death of Chief ...

Quote:
You tailed your target all night, watching for trouble, knowing the killers might be coming after him. You never noticed your own tail until it was too late. The street was dead, your own target around the corner when the car suddenly passed you and pulled in front. You had your gun out and were down onto the seat in seconds but it didn't change the fact that you were pinned. You could hear the other driver get out of his car and approach. You tried popping up to get a bead on him but he put a round through your window and all you could see was the glass raining down on you.

When he finally showed at the passenger window you weren't sure what was going on. Harvey Dent? Had he chased the gunman off? But when he turned to look down at you on the car seat, you understood. Half his face was a ruin, the mouth twisted in an evil grimace. You hardly noticed the gun he leveled on you, you were watching the coin he was spinning.

"You've got a gun, I've got a gun. You're wounded, I'm maimed. Even odds, wouldn't you say, Chief?" He tossed the coin up in the air. "Now draw."

He actually gave you a chance, he could have shot before that. You knew better than to watch the coin in the air, that was his distraction. You tried to raise the gun before he could fire. You could feel the pain in your side from his friend yesterday though. It slowed you. Too much. You heard the shot and then you heard him as everything faded to black. "You had your chance. Better than I got."
Old 10-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #1499
Tyrith
College Starter

The problem with trying to cause confusion is when it works on the people you don't intend it to :P
Old 10-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #1500
Autumn
Head Coach

The Death of Rachel Dawes ...

Quote:
You waited all night this time, watching for that nosy cop. You never saw him, but you were more careful this time, going in the back way, heading up the service stairs. You waited until the dead of the night. Mauboy's door was locked of course, but that didn't stop you for long. Metal cracks at a low enough temperature and the door fell in at a simple kick of your boot. That was the power you had now. Power that was yours alone.

Mauboy was going out the window by the time you reached the bedroom, onto the fire escape. That wouldn't do. You'd had enough screaming, enough running last night. The freeze ray whined as you powered it, enough to make Mauboy stumble and look back as he teetered on the window ledge. You gave him a smile as the ray shot out, lighting up the room like a lightning bolt. Everyone was surprised, surprised to see what you could do. But you'd been telling them for years. For years.

His body froze solid, as solid as Nora's had. But the weight of it pulled it out the window, down off the fire escape and you heard it smash on the street below. Let them see that. Let them see that and dare to laugh, to say you aren't a genius. Just let them try.

Quote:
You know you have to sleep but you find it hard. You head home and spend some fitful hours in your bed, tossing and turning, thinking over all the evidence you've seen. You follow it down one path of suspicion and then another, never able to make up your mind. At times it seems like the killers they could be anywhere, anyone.

The sound of your apartment door crashing in brings you back to reality. You stare in shock at your bedroom door, but only for a moment before you're heading to the window, and the fire escape. You had to expect they would come after you. You only wonder which it is. You don't dare look back, even as you hear the figure in your bedroom. It is only as you hear the strange whining of a machine that you finally look back, pausing briefly on the window ledge.

You see him, the one that called himself Dr. Freeze. He's grinning maniacally at you, gripping some sort of weapon which humans and glows. A bright blue ray shoots from it and strikes you and you feel so cold. So cold, so numb. You can feel yourself growing heavier, solider and you realize it's pulling you back, back out the window, off the fire escape and falling. You're falling but you can't move. You can't do anything but think ... oh, it was him ...