Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #10401
Izulde
Head Coach

Amazon.com: My New Pink Button - Audry: Health & Personal Care

The reviews are hilarious.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #10402
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
A dude at work is trying to find out all the counties that are in Houston. I told him I'm pretty sure that cities are inside counties and not the other way around, but I've never been to Texas, so for all I know, sure, it could be different there. Wikipedia backs me up, saying that Houston is in Harris County, but he's still not convinced.

Is Houston entirely within Harris County, or could there be a lil bit of it in an adjoining county?

Okay - that took 10 seconds to google "Harris County Texas" and look at the google map on the search results page that covers everything inside the ring (and well outside) for me to presume that yes, Houston is entirely within Harris County.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-20-2012 at 02:30 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #10403
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Yeah...fan of that commercial too.

Samsung Galaxy S3 advertising team is having a Sandoval type run.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #10404
fpres
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
A dude at work is trying to find out all the counties that are in Houston. I told him I'm pretty sure that cities are inside counties and not the other way around, but I've never been to Texas, so for all I know, sure, it could be different there. Wikipedia backs me up, saying that Houston is in Harris County, but he's still not convinced.

Per houstontx.gov, the vast majority of Houston's city limits fall within Harris County, but there are small areas of the city proper within Fort Bend and Montgomery counties. Living in Houston for awhile, I suspected Fort Bend but didn't have any idea about Montgomery. Who knew? *shrug*
fpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #10405
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpres View Post
Per houstontx.gov, the vast majority of Houston's city limits fall within Harris County, but there are small areas of the city proper within Fort Bend and Montgomery counties. Living in Houston for awhile, I suspected Fort Bend but didn't have any idea about Montgomery. Who knew? *shrug*

Really? That's weird. Must be the way way outlying areas, because Harris county covers a fuckton.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #10406
fpres
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Really? That's weird. Must be the way way outlying areas, because Harris county covers a fuckton.

Houston is just a sprawling mess which has gotten considerably more crowded recently. My commute between the northwest and northeast parts of town has increased from 40-45 minutes five years ago to roughly 80-90 minutes now (and I don't drive like a granny, lol).
Old 11-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #10407
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Houston is just a sprawling mess which has gotten considerably more crowded recently. My commute between the northwest and northeast parts of town has increased from 40-45 minutes five years ago to roughly 80-90 minutes now (and I don't drive like a granny, lol).

Yeah - it is pretty sprawltacular. I guess I failed to account for that in my thinking.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #10408
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefully the milfy chick above
(and I don't drive like a granny, lol).

dang
Old 11-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #10409
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I didn't even know this site existed until 10 seconds ago, and I already love it, and am skeeved out by it:

Who is that hot ad girl?

A: Margaret Emery
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #10410
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I didn't even know this site existed until 10 seconds ago, and I already love it, and am skeeved out by it:

Who is that hot ad girl?

It's like christmas come early.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #10411
Suicane75
Coordinator

All the Thanksgiving marathons on TV are gonna suck this year. It's just lame ass channels running blocks of their lame ass shows. What the fuck happened?

I can't wait for Jeopardy tonight, rooting so hard for Colby. I love the way he rolls his eyes when he doesn't know an answer, like he's thinking "How the hell am I supposed to know that shit", he's awesome.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #10412
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I can't wait for Jeopardy tonight, rooting so hard for Colby. I love the way he rolls his eyes when he doesn't know an answer, like he's thinking "How the hell am I supposed to know that shit", he's awesome.

I'm gonna take a wild guess on something here ... is Colby the guy who was in the middle on last night's Teacher's Week episode, who kinda looks like Michael Winslow (of Police Academy fame()?

I ask because I actually saw about 2/3rd of an episode - minus sound - while eating dinner out last night and we spent most of the meal making fun of the incredible expressions on this guy's face ... no doubt made funnier by the absence of any audio.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-20-2012 at 04:36 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #10413
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't see any way that any part of Montgomery County has Houston. It has some suburbs like Conroe or The Woodlands but not any of the city proper that I can tell. You will still be in traffic on 45 up to at least Conroe but that doesn't make it part of Houston.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #10414
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'm gonna take a wild guess on something here ... is Colby the guy who was in the middle on last night's Teacher's Week episode, who kinda looks like Michael Winslow (of Police Academy fame()?

I ask because I actually saw about 2/3rd of an episode - minus sound - while eating dinner out last night and we spent most of the meal making fun of the incredible expressions on this guy's face ... no doubt made funnier by the absence of any audio.

That's the guy. Had on a suit that looked to be about 3 sizes too big, especially in the shoulders. And when he got the answer right he had this "that was easy" eye roll. He was flat out the funniest contestant I've ever seen on the show. I think at one point when the guy on his left got a daily double he said something to him which had the woman on his right laughing. Granted it's the teachers show, so it's more relaxed, but he made the whole thing a riot.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #10415
fpres
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I don't see any way that any part of Montgomery County has Houston. It has some suburbs like Conroe or The Woodlands but not any of the city proper that I can tell. You will still be in traffic on 45 up to at least Conroe but that doesn't make it part of Houston.

SI

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw that too. It looks like the culprit is Kingwood (a small piece appears to jut north into Montgomery).

Last edited by fpres : 11-20-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #10416
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
That's the guy. Had on a suit that looked to be about 3 sizes too big, especially in the shoulders. And when he got the answer right he had this "that was easy" eye roll. He was flat out the funniest contestant I've ever seen on the show. I think at one point when the guy on his left got a daily double he said something to him which had the woman on his right laughing. Granted it's the teachers show, so it's more relaxed, but he made the whole thing a riot.

I was rooting for him too. Can't believe he missed treason but he still won by dominating DJ. And now he's in the Tournament of Champions. He seemed to have a lot of swagger which I liked.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #10417
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Kevin Clash, Elmo Puppeteer, Resigns - NYTimes.com

Horrible news story made even worse for those who watched Being Elmo.

Seriously... when I saw this on the news and they said "young man" with the camera shot on his accuser, I thought "HOLY FUCK, THAT IS A MAN!"

I hope for his sake that this is a seriously screwed up guy trying to extort money from him by lying about when they were involved.

I wonder if Sesame Street's producers are now realizing how bad an idea it is to invest so heavily in one product.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #10418
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Back in the Tri Cities.

Krystal's for lunch, just made Krystallnacht in the toilet.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #10419
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I'm hungry and lazy. Is fast food open today
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #10420
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

maybe a sign i need to lose weight.... i just broke a toilet seat
Old 11-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #10421
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

What does "v/r" mean when it's in an email closing?

Someone signed their email at work:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk's email
v/r,
person who emailed tk

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #10422
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Google tells me it could mean:

Very Respectfully

or

Virtual Regards
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #10423
QuikSand
lolzcat

hmm, very respectfully?

(certainly not obvious enough to me to merit an abbreviation like that)
Old 11-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #10424
Izulde
Head Coach

Ciara's "Click Flash" was made for SI's Swimsuit video, the VS Fashion Show, and strip clubs.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #10425
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Google tells me it could mean:

Very Respectfully

or

Virtual Regards

Seems like if you were "very respectfully" responding, you could at least spell out the words

SI

Old 11-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #10426
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Two of the last three times I've eaten crab, I've had violent, acute, painful diarrhea the next day. Today was awful...just awful.

The good news is, it seems to be a once-and-done kind of thing. I spent half of my childhood in Maryland eating steamed Blue Crab a dozen times every year, and I've never had any kind of reaction to shellfish before.

Maybe my local Safeway just sucks at keeping fresh crab...fresh?

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 11-27-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #10427
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Two of the last three times I've eaten crab, I've had violent, acute, painful diarrhea the next day. Today was awful...just awful.

The good news is, it seems to be a once-and-done kind of thing. I spent half of my childhood in Maryland eating steamed Blue Crab a dozen times every year, and I've never had any kind of reaction to shellfish before.

Maybe my local Safeway just sucks at keeping fresh crab...fresh?

I really don't like eating crab. Crab meat is tasty enough, but after the first crab or two, the effort needed to actually get at the tasty meat far outweighs any desire I have for the stuff. Not to mention all of the odd stuff that doesn't look good to eat or I'm not sure I should be eating or any of that.

Too much work for too little reward.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #10428
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Just had an interview, and it started by them having me take the wonderlic. I asked if they wanted a 40 time next.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #10429
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Seems like if you were "very respectfully" responding, you could at least spell out the words

SI

Yeah, this was my thought, too, so when I saw "v/r" meanings, I wondered if it had meant something different.

Oh well.
/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #10430
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I really don't like eating crab. Crab meat is tasty enough, but after the first crab or two, the effort needed to actually get at the tasty meat far outweighs any desire I have for the stuff. Not to mention all of the odd stuff that doesn't look good to eat or I'm not sure I should be eating or any of that.

Too much work for too little reward.

I have to agree with you, but only specifically regarding Maryland Blue Crab. Dungeness Crab (here near San Francisco) is about 4x larger than Blue Crab, and thus the meat is much easier to extract from said crustacean. If you get yourself a nice 2 lb crab, fresh, pre-cracked and cleaned...it's really hard to beat. Especially if it's Dungeness season, it was that morning's catch, and it's selling for $3.99/lb.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 11-27-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #10431
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I just usually buy a can of good crab meat a few times a year.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #10432
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
So last weekend my cousin and I took his boys to Six Flags Over Texas. His older son is 9 and has ridden the "big" rides before. This was his 6 year old's first trip where he could ride the "big" rides. We started off slow, riding El Sombrero aka the Mexican Hat ride. This one doesn't get more than 15 feet off of the ground.

Next we went to The Conquistador, which is the ship that goes back and forth until you end up about perpendicular to the ground. The youngster loved it. Then we went on La Vibora, which is a kind of bobsled ride. He too loved that one.

So we decided to up the ante and take him on the Shock Wave. At the time it opened it was the tallest roller coaster in the world, and the only one with back to back 360 loops. I rode with the 6 year old. He was real quiet as we began the climb to the top of the hill before the first drop. I told him as we reached the top we'd go slow for a few seconds, then the loops would happen. After we went through the back to back loops, I looked over at him, and he had no expression. No fear, no crying, no happiness, no excitement, nothing. Just a blank stare. He just shut everything down as a self-preservation act. He didn't change the rest of the ride. Once we got off, he said he had a good time, but when we asked him if he wanted to get in line and ride it again, he said no, he'd wait until the next time we went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
He is so gonna wake up at 3am screaming.

Quote:
I forgot to ask my cousin how his son was in the days after. I was about his son's age the first time I rode the Shock Wave, not too long after it opened. I don't think I opened my eyes the entire ride.

I was around 10 years old when the Texas Cliffhanger opened. It was the world's first free-fall ride. After the first time I rode it, I remember having a nightmare that night that felt like I was falling for 10 minutes before I woke up in a cold sweat.

Fast forward to this past weekend. Went back to Six Flags for Holiday in the Park with my cousin, his wife, and their 6 year old boy. He rode the Shock Wave last time. We massively upped the degree of difficulty by going on the Dive Bomber Alley SkyCoaster. This is the ride where they strap you into a hang-gliding suit, hook you up to a cable, haul you 150 feet into the air, where you then pull a cord and free-fall and swing back and forth. Me, my cousin and his 6 year old rode it. The video is hilarious. My cousin looks like he is praying, while his son is looking around and waving back to mom as we are getting hauled up. As we get higher, my cousin looks more worried, but the little one stays calm and composed. My cousin had to pull the cord to free us once we got to the top. His son started saying "I'm flying!". It was awesome. His son wanted to ride it again right afterward.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #10433
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Hickory Farms. How are they still in business, exactly?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #10434
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Everyone loves to give and receive sausage.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #10435
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
Hickory Farms. How are they still in business, exactly?

Because they're the default spend money so it looks like we give a damn but I know nothing about you so here's this overpriced, shitty present option.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #10436
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Fast forward to this past weekend. Went back to Six Flags for Holiday in the Park with my cousin, his wife, and their 6 year old boy. He rode the Shock Wave last time. We massively upped the degree of difficulty by going on the Dive Bomber Alley SkyCoaster. This is the ride where they strap you into a hang-gliding suit, hook you up to a cable, haul you 150 feet into the air, where you then pull a cord and free-fall and swing back and forth. Me, my cousin and his 6 year old rode it. The video is hilarious. My cousin looks like he is praying, while his son is looking around and waving back to mom as we are getting hauled up. As we get higher, my cousin looks more worried, but the little one stays calm and composed. My cousin had to pull the cord to free us once we got to the top. His son started saying "I'm flying!". It was awesome. His son wanted to ride it again right afterward.

What's next? Being shot out of a canon?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #10437
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

Who is that hot ad girl?

Scrolled down that page a bit, came to this

Q: Who is the hot blonde girl singing in the 5 Hour Energy Pink Lemonade “Stop Breast Cancer” commercial?

Wow, everytime I see that ad I think about how hot they are trying to make her seem and how incredibly ugly she really is
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #10438
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Came as close as ever to leaving my phone number on the check for a waitress. Only reason I decided against it is that I'm 1600 miles from home.

Got the job, moved, saw the waitress again, left her my number, told her to call me tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #10439
Izulde
Head Coach

Looking up what to wear to a fashion show is proving slightly aggravating. It's almost all for women. Not much in the way of suggestions for men.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #10440
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

a raincoat
Old 11-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #10441
booradley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Everyone loves to give and receive sausage.

Did you just get out of prison?

Anyhoo, to the topic at hand. The Old Gold & Black message boards (Wake Forest, for you Philistines out there) sure are a rough and tumble place. Recently I was told to "go die in a fire." As a man who holds a doctorate in Bathtub Fire Prevention, I didn't find this very amusing ...
Old 11-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #10442
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
What's next? Being shot out of a canon?

And then this:

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-28-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #10443
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I would really like us to retire the cliche "perfect storm" as it's rarely even a very good storm. Most of the time, it's used to obfuscate a simple situation and make it more opaque as the storm is typically a lot of preventable crap that needs a convenient excuse as to why it wasn't done.

SI

Old 11-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #10444
Radii
Head Coach

No idea what thread to put this in, so I'll just leave it here:

Seven Ways of Looking at the News That Mitt Romney's Dad Got Free McDonald's For Life

The 7 mythical stories surrounding the card are outstanding.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #10445
booradley
High School Varsity

Terror Tractor

Tractor Terror: a Tractor on Steroids - Izismile.com

Is there such a thing as a Swedish redneck? The evidence is in ...
Old 11-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #10446
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Looking up what to wear to a fashion show is proving slightly aggravating. It's almost all for women. Not much in the way of suggestions for men.

That should tell you something.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #10447
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I would really like us to retire the cliche "perfect storm" as it's rarely even a very good storm. Most of the time, it's used to obfuscate a simple situation and make it more opaque as the storm is typically a lot of preventable crap that needs a convenient excuse as to why it wasn't done.

SI

But if they keep mentioning it, one of these days I might go see that movie...
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #10448
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Me and the wife started collecting non-sports cards in the last few months. We pulled this from a pack of Captain America cards. (8 piece puzzle sketch)

You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #10449
cuervo72
Head Coach

Cap must do a TON of shrugs.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #10450
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.

Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.

We are accidents..........