Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #1151
Zinto
College Starter

Well I buy NTN's story about Ahab regardless if he is a wolf or not. I think I am going to place my vote onJackal and see where it goes from here.

Dwight attacks Keyser
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #1152
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Because if he claims to be a brutal villager it makes us much less likely to attack him, no?

I'm not understanding you. I'm not trying to be dense but I'm feeling that way. Are you saying he's claiming this ability so we won't want to attack him? Or saying you think he's really the brutal wolf and trying to spin his real ability as something he just acquired?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #1153
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Nuts! Good luck village!
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #1154
Zinto
College Starter

I doubt there was a brutal wolf. I think if NTN has the power he claims he won it. The only question I have is did he protect Tyrith or did he not?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #1155
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I'm not understanding you. I'm not trying to be dense but I'm feeling that way. Are you saying he's claiming this ability so we won't want to attack him? Or saying you think he's really the brutal wolf and trying to spin his real ability as something he just acquired?
Option B.

I think he's always been brutal wolf and is using Ahab to gain protection. he gains protection because killing him is higher risk and he gains protection because he's shared information.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #1156
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I doubt there was a brutal wolf. I think if NTN has the power he claims he won it. The only question I have is did he protect Tyrith or did he not?
I'm open to be convinced otherwise. Presumably the wolves got some sort of powers. We know they got a power which protected Tyrith. What else do we think they got besides ability to communicate?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #1157
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
But we only have you to say that really is his power. There could just as easily be a different Ahab power you won and are using this as a mask.

Why would he refuse to reveal the real power in that case? Or make up a lie that wouldn't make him sound as if he didn't have a traditional wolf power? I also think the power of Ahab matches up with his explaination of it pretty well and that he's unlikely to have made that up. Anyway m, don't want to harp on this to the point of silliness, just my two cents.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #1158
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
But we only have you to say that really is his power. There could just as easily be a different Ahab power you won and are using this as a mask.

That is sort of specious Barkeep. You could say the same thing about any of the admitted powers. Tyrith might not have been killed by Robin Hood's intervention, but by some other method to cover. Heck we only have your own word that you can cheat death for a day.

We have been told that the standard abilities are in the interactions, we have seen theif bg , now Brutal, and clearly seer has been in there up to this point.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #1159
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm open to be convinced otherwise. Presumably the wolves got some sort of powers. We know they got a power which protected Tyrith. What else do we think they got besides ability to communicate?

Presumably they each got powers, that commincation would certainly make more useful to the group of them.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #1160
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Hey do we know the plan for the weekend?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #1161
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I'm down with dubbs plan. At work til 6pm so won't be able to fully catch up and vote til then. Trying to do this on my phone while on home depot run for work, hopefully third time is a charm and this posts
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #1162
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
That is sort of specious Barkeep. You could say the same thing about any of the admitted powers. Tyrith might not have been killed by Robin Hood's intervention, but by some other method to cover. Heck we only have your own word that you can cheat death for a day.

We have been told that the standard abilities are in the interactions, we have seen theif bg , now Brutal, and clearly seer has been in there up to this point.
You do indeed only have my word that I can cheat death for a day. True. Of course you have two separate players saying I'm clean. Just because I'm suspicious of you doesn't mean I'm a wolf.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #1163
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Presumably they each got powers, that commincation would certainly make more useful to the group of them.
I agree each of them presumably got powers. Why is it unreasonable to assume one, or more, of them are traditional wolf powers? Avoiding seer scan, brutal wolf, etc?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #1164
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Assume is the wrong word. Speculate is a better word.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:32 PM   #1165
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Assume is the wrong word. Speculate is a better word.

I see your point. I went back through the rules to see if actually said traditional roles could not be a part of one's powers , but failed to find it.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #1166
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I agree each of them presumably got powers. Why is it unreasonable to assume one, or more, of them are traditional wolf powers? Avoiding seer scan, brutal wolf, etc?

I would only suggest it's unlikely because the powers we've seen to this point have been different than traditional powers. Immunity for 24 hrs, banishment for 24 hrs, extra attack power, passive abilities, etc... I think ntn's post a few back was right on the money, not calling you out but correctly pointing out that we only have each other's word about most things at this point.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #1167
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Today's characters.

Sauron
Harry Potter
Jack Bauer

I can only hope "Crimson Fox" becomes a character then
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #1168
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
True. Of course you have two separate players saying I'm clean. Just because I'm suspicious of you doesn't mean I'm a wolf.

There is a fine line here.

I never said you were clean. I said you had not taken a night action as of night 3. Someone else said you were clean. I said it was unlikely you were a wolf based on my scan(I assume the wolves were busy the first couple of days).

All I can do is take the 2nd scan at face value right now and go a different direction today.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #1169
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

A question was asked about why ntn would announce a power that sounds a lot like being the brutal wolf. He has to, I got information about him last night which I was waiting to have verified. He triede to not divulge that information at first by being vague about having a kill under a condition and then came out with the Ahab story.

I'll answer BK's question now. That last bit that he gave us (about the kill ability) is not something that I learned about him; it was his other ability as well as some other vitals. Hopefully we just caught ourselves a wolf.

I am going to use my power today and this will be ntn's last day in the game (barring any other powers that I don't know about, or that there isn't some revelation that makes me reconsider).

There is a good chance that I won't make it through the day/night though. I will try to get to further attack analysis posted if I can.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #1170
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: if this is a huge mistake and ntn is somehow clean, I apologize for my poor play now.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #1171
Barkeep49
Coordinator

EF: Just to make clear I should change my attack because your going to kill him without help, is that correct?
Old 07-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #1172
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
EF: Just to make clear I should change my attack because your going to kill him without help, is that correct?
I need to start reading my posts before posting them. The lack of the correct you're bothers me.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #1173
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

This is where I'm at. If EF is going to flat out kill him then that means I need to change my vote as well.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #1174
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

This also means if you are a villager and not on my list that you need to attack Jack Bauer just incase EF bites the bullet today/tonight.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #1175
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
A question was asked about why ntn would announce a power that sounds a lot like being the brutal wolf. He has to, I got information about him last night which I was waiting to have verified. He triede to not divulge that information at first by being vague about having a kill under a condition and then came out with the Ahab story.

I'll answer BK's question now. That last bit that he gave us (about the kill ability) is not something that I learned about him; it was his other ability as well as some other vitals. Hopefully we just caught ourselves a wolf.

I am going to use my power today and this will be ntn's last day in the game (barring any other powers that I don't know about, or that there isn't some revelation that makes me reconsider).

There is a good chance that I won't make it through the day/night though. I will try to get to further attack analysis posted if I can.

Are you saying he lied about what powers he has? I feel like I'm missing what he did or didn't say that make you sure he's a wolf.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #1176
Autumn
Head Coach

Wait, EF, can you explain that again. What makes you sure NTN is a wolf?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #1177
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

I assumed that was the power you meant EF ... the banishment. I ma surprised by the vitals as I am still unwilling to let those be out there. I will say that I did not have to announce the power I got from Ahab. I only did that as a service to the village and let them know that that was one power that isn't going to be used
Old 07-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #1178
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Another day, nothing from DV, if he is a wolf a fear he slips through the crack. And again very little from Schmidty. Not sure about him. With NtN likely out today how long can we let these two continue to slide by?
Old 07-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #1179
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I just went back to try and get a read on Schmidty, I got nothing. Most of his posts are votes and most of those offer no explanation for the vote. Here are his posts so far this game. I am skipping his post joining the game and a post asking if he should add Banner to his team.

Quote:
I work from 9 am PST until 6 pm PST, so I won't be around at all guys. DAMN

Quote:
HULK GET HOME FROM WORK LATE!!!!

SMASH MUPPETS IF ALIVE!!!!

Quote:
HULK HOME TO SMASH BEFORE WORK AGAIN!!

ATTACK MUPPETS!!!!

Quote:
HULK CONFUSED........

Banner?

Quote:
*OOC*

I am so sorry guys. I was very busy today, came home to eat, posted and meant to make it official, but obviously didn't before I left. I know I've let you guys down, and would totally understand attacks made on me.

I'll be on for an unknown amount of time after I wake up tomorrow (10 a.m. PST), and before work. I'll try to make up for for screwing up twice now.

*OOC*

Quote:
HULK SMASH!!

Hulk attacks Mad Hatter

Quote:
HULK AGREE!!!

NELSON DIE!! SMASH OCTOPUS TOO!!!!

Attack Cthulu

Again I'm not trying to rip Schmidty here. I'm just saying that there are two people who are completely UTR, one atleast here in Schmidty who has been voting without rhyme or giving a reason and we are giving these guys passes. Is it the great RP that he has going here that is drawing him the pass?
Old 07-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #1180
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If we are looking at DV he finally shows up today and all he seems to be is cryptic. He adds...

Quote:
i'm not a wolf, and i win with the village so my main goal, like evryone else, is to kill all the wolves. You guys can trust me on that. killing villagers doesnt help me in the slightest

Quote:
And i can't be killed just because i'm ridiculously awesome :-) I can be beaten though, my strength does come at a price.

I can't believe everyone let this slip by. He admits that he clearly is NOT on our team and that he is impossible to kill but can be "defeated." My question is how do we defeat him and where does the line start?
Old 07-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #1181
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
If we are looking at DV he finally shows up today and all he seems to be is cryptic. He adds...

I can't believe everyone let this slip by. He admits that he clearly is NOT on our team and that he is impossible to kill but can be "beaten." My question is how do we defeat him and where does the line start?

Fixed.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #1182
The Jackal
Coordinator

Very questionable responses from DV. Suggests the only way he can be killed is by wolves (if he isnt one that just can't be damaged in small bits)? I'm not convinced we can't take him out with everyone focusing on him, but perhaps there's another "neutral" type role that is a counter to Cthulu. I'd imagine that person might have stepped forward by now though, so I don't know.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #1183
The Jackal
Coordinator

Schmidty, I don't know. It's dangerous having such a damage doer around, especially when he's had some random attacks, and I believe it's been discussed having an assault on him but we've been focused the past couple days (and rightly so) on a couple of wolves. So, if we can coordinate we could probably take him out.

Both him and DV have been so UTR it's hard to get a read on them. If either of them is a wolf I'd lean more towards it being Schmidty.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:27 PM   #1184
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

It didn't slip by me. He said his main goal was the same as villagers, I wondered if he had another goal. But it didn't seem that relevant if we don't know how to hurt him, unless EF is able to use his power on him, but I don't know that that would be the best use of it.

If I didn't feel pretty strongly Jackal was a wolf, I would definitely want more from the UTR though I really don't think we're going to get much.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #1185
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm going to be doing some grilling soon, will probably have time to check in before the deadline. I'm perfectly willing to discuss my ability:

Once per game during the night phase I can choose to have a different player be the target of any actions taken towards me. I haven't used it yet because.. I haven't had any need to as a villager, especially since I haven't had a strong read on a wolf I'd like to deflect it to, and because I haven't thought I'd be a NK attempt with cleared players around.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #1186
The Jackal
Coordinator

Doesn't seem like there's anything I can do to dispel JAG of his notions. Like I said before I've got nothing to do with gathering information so if it's general consensus that I'm likelier to be a wolf than others so be it. Still seems like we're in a strong position.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #1187
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'd think particularly after I should have lost the last game because of it, you'd know that if I was a wolf I'd put an early vote on another wolf.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #1188
Zinto
College Starter

I would be fine with moving on Schmidty. He has not given us anything. I don't thinking voting DV at this point is in out interest since we have done nothing to him in damage before.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #1189
The Jackal
Coordinator

I see there's no interest in exploring mckerney at this point, not that I blame anyone.

As far as NTN goes it seems there are enough people that want him out, even though his Ahab story sounds legit. I kind of doubt that there are any normal bad roles in this game like brutal wolf since the only good roles (that i know of) are available to the wolves through interaction just as everyone else.

KEYSER UNATTACKS HEAVY
KEYSER ATTACKS THE HULK
Old 07-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #1190
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Well I am about to skedaddle for the weekend, So I just put in my order of how to use Ahab.. Unless someone has a better idea I used it as suggested on Jackal.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #1191
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Another day, nothing from DV, if he is a wolf a fear he slips through the crack. And again very little from Schmidty. Not sure about him. With NtN likely out today how long can we let these two continue to slide by?

This was my thoughts exactly. I was planning on voting ntn when I got home but now with EF using his ability I'm guessing we don't need to. DV can't be killed which leaves the Hulk. I'm all for that but I wouldn't consider my characters as "offensive" so I don't want to waste votes when I won't do any damage to certain people.

With Schmidty being MIA most of the game and NTN getting an ability used against him, is this the play we want to make?
Old 07-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #1192
The Jackal
Coordinator

Hmm, so I die whether either of us get voted off? Sweet. I can't complain too much, I've been a wolf too much lately and all the arguing really puts a toll on you. It'll be nice to go back to saying I told you so.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #1193
Zinto
College Starter

I am fine with the Hulk. I would rather vote for him then Jackal at this point since I have no feelings either way on him.

Dwight unattacks Keyser
Dwight attacks the Hulk
Old 07-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #1194
Zinto
College Starter

Also I hope Eagle gets back to explain what is going on a little better because sufice to say I am a little confused.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #1195
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

alright, I think we're going to need all the attack on him that we can muster and it is actually a good day to do it with our main suspect getting a special attack directed at him.

Super Grover 2.0 attacks the Hulk
Oscar the Grouch attacks the Hulk
Old 07-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #1196
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I guess I need to attack something so it isn't randomized. I will follow the crowd
Thursday Attacks the Hulk
Old 07-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #1197
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

mal and Jayne standard attack hulk

I'm getting this is now until hopefully I can look more closely to what's going on. Just doing a quick phone check then getting food.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #1198
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

i was getting caught up, didnt realize i wasn't signed in. i asked about The hulk and athena yetserday but i feel ok about barkeep right now. I don't think Hulk is a bad choice but i was thinking about NTN as well. I would rather go NTN personally.

EF, you sure you can take out NTN?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #1199
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

although would a wolf really be that UTR? personally when i'm a wold i make it a point to play more since it's not only me I'm playing for, i have a team. I know the village is technically a team too but you all know what I mean

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #1200
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'll be around for another 2hrs about so if anyone has any questions or concerns that i can answer feel free

―Darth Plagueis the Wise