Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #301
Danny
Head Coach

Ready to get this party started?

I am the seer. Last night I scanned J23 and he is a wolf!

I am not going to say my night 1 scan as with the BG still out there I get one more, and no need to put a target on someones back to be killed while I am protected.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:22 PM   #302
Danny
Head Coach

Playinf floorball, will reply to anything.I need to when I get home
Old 03-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #303
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Vote J23
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #304
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm predicting less a party and more a slow day.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #305
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
So mckerny was the first Jackal voter on both days. Considering Jackal has had serious looks at him, perhaps the wolves were trying to take out a critic?

Or trying to make Jackal look bad
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:28 PM   #306
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Or trying to make Jackal look bad
That seems like quite a bank shot. If I'm the wolves I'm either trying to take out a roled player. I could see a group of wolves who decide to take out a critic instead. I don't see, on Day 2 with no N1 kill, them trying to execute this second level sort of play.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #307
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dont see why Danny would lie, but why come out already?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:31 PM   #308
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Dont see why Danny would lie, but why come out already?
This is a fairly small game. We get 1 confirmed wolf, plus any other scans as long as he lives. 1:1 trade in a game with 3 likely wolves is a good deal, especially coming on D3.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #309
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Danny who have you other scans been?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:43 PM   #310
The Jackal
Coordinator

Interesting. I see no reason not to believe the reveal without a counter.

VOTE J23
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #311
The Jackal
Coordinator

You're welcome to scan me if you think I'm a good candidate for a wolf (if you didn't already). It's possible they took out mckerney to make me look bad, I certainly wouldn't suggest that play to my team if I was a wolf. Obviously I was barking up the wrong tree with DV, but really there's been little to go on the first couple of days. With this reveal there's a bit more to examine. Now I'm going to sleep!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #312
The Jackal
Coordinator

STAY AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTERS
Old 03-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #313
bhlloy
Coordinator

Just got off plane but obviously

Vote J23
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:54 PM   #314
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Danny who have you other scans been?

He said earlier he didnt want to say so they wouldn't become a target
Old 03-24-2011, 12:40 AM   #315
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
This is a fairly small game. We get 1 confirmed wolf, plus any other scans as long as he lives. 1:1 trade in a game with 3 likely wolves is a good deal, especially coming on D3.

This, and with the bodyguard out there and no brutal wolf, I am guaranteed another scan.

And honestly, as often as I am a night 1 or 2 kill, I am living on borrowed time as it is . FWIW, I have intentionally played a little out there in hopes I would not be night killed.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:43 AM   #316
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
He said earlier he didnt want to say so they wouldn't become a target

Yes, If I reveal my night 1 scan, they will be night killed tonight while I am protected. If I wait until after my day 3 scan, I can then reveal my night 3 scan and either nab another wolf or potentially clear two people if both are still alive so that we go into day 4 7-2 with 3 potential cleared players (including myself)
Old 03-24-2011, 12:52 AM   #317
Danny
Head Coach

Hmmm we also might have the martyr, potentially giving me two or three more scans. I would say the BG protect me tonight and then on night 4, the martyr use his ability on me. If that works, the and still alive, the BG could protect me again night 5.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:54 AM   #318
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and

Vote J23
Old 03-24-2011, 02:16 AM   #319
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Way to go, Danny!

VOTE J23

Should we consider a nightfall vote?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:54 AM   #320
saldana
Pro Starter

no brainer

vote j23
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:13 AM   #321
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Excellent.

Vote J23
Vote Nightfall
(assuming it's allowed)
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:19 AM   #322
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote j23

interesting. yeah, it definitely seems like danny could live 3 days in a row yet, which is obviously awesome.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:34 AM   #323
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Vote J23
Vote Nightfall

I won't be around until after work today.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #324
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I looked back through mckerney's posts to see if there was any other indication why he might've been a target, the only thing I can think of is this sequence:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
At least we didn't kill or out a roled villager. :shrug:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Hoping the BG was protecting someone other than themselves.

I guess we'll know more tonight.

Danny, why did you scan J23?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #325
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I looked back through mckerney's posts to see if there was any other indication why he might've been a target, the only thing I can think of is this sequence:

I guess we'll know more tonight.

Danny, why did you scan J23?

He was playing exactly like he did three games ago when we were wolves together. Under the rader, quiet, quasi-absent with early votes that stuck.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #326
Danny
Head Coach

And he had the second vote on DV.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:43 AM   #327
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote J23
Vote Nightfall
Old 03-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #328
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Obviously up to Autumn and the wolves, but I wouldn't be opposed to running a quick day/ nigh phase and then having a shorter D3 end at the usual deadline today
Old 03-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #329
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Hmmm we also might have the martyr, potentially giving me two or three more scans. I would say the BG protect me tonight and then on night 4, the martyr use his ability on me. If that works, the and still alive, the BG could protect me again night 5.

hmmm, I am going with Occams Razor hear and assuming you are most likely the seer, but the fact you have found a way to stay alive so late into the game worries me.

If danny isn't the seer I think the real seer would need to time that reveal carefully, before it could be to late.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:48 AM   #330
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I think N1 the wolves probably went for a random kill in McKerney, someone they thought wouldn't be blocked. I am guessing the BG thought the wolves would do something like that and got very lucky.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #331
saldana
Pro Starter

vote nightfall

I like the quick flip and run another day idea if enough people are on board
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #332
Autumn
Head Coach

Vote count as of post 330

10 J23 - Barkeep49 (303), The Jackal (310), bhlloy (313), Danny (318), Chief Rum (319), saldana (320), JAG (321), Mauboy (322), dwardzala (323), Lathum (327)

Nightfall - JAG, dwardzala, Lathum
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #333
Autumn
Head Coach

Vote count as of post 332

10 J23 - Barkeep49 (303), The Jackal (310), bhlloy (313), Danny (318), Chief Rum (319), saldana (320), JAG (321), Mauboy (322), dwardzala (323), Lathum (327)

Nightfall - JAG, dwardzala, Lathum, Saldana
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #334
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
hmmm, I am going with Occams Razor hear and assuming you are most likely the seer, but the fact you have found a way to stay alive so late into the game worries me.

If danny isn't the seer I think the real seer would need to time that reveal carefully, before it could be to late.

I was wondering if the BG protected Danny (or CR or maybe you) N1, knowing he is frequently an early wolf target as a villager, then the wolves went after mckerney, thinking he had revealed that he protected someone other than himself. I think that's more likely than the BG randomly protecting mckerney N1 and getting insanely lucky. If that's the case, it's possible the BG can somewhat clear another person for us (unless the wolves just forgot to submit a NK order).
Old 03-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #335
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

What if Danny is the traitor and scanned J23 as the seer?

Unvote Nightfall
Old 03-24-2011, 09:01 AM   #336
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Haven't unvoted J23 yet because I'd like some other people's thoughts on it.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #337
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Or here's another thought. Perhaps the wolves went after the Woodsman N1 and got some flavor text like, "You try to kill X but he is able to fight off your attack." Then they know who the Woodsman is to kill off later and they can try to locate other roled players in the meantime.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #338
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwardzala View Post

Unvote Nightfall

I was thinking about that as a possibility also (which is why I wanted more info from Danny), but I didn't want to say anything until we had heard from J23. At this point I'm not inclined to believe that however.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #339
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

What would you guys do if you were a seer (I'm not don't worry). If I was Danny and I was the seer I would probably wait a bit longer to reveal. I'd probably start to put a vote on j23 if he scanned wolf and see if people follow without having to reveal. If the vote isn't falling his way then pull out the reveal card to make sure wolf goes home.

However, I will give him the benefit of the doubt right now as we only have d1 and d2 votes to go off which at face value isn't much.

It'd be a brilliant move by the traitor to rid of the seer. If j23 is says he's the seer what the hell is going to happen? I can't imagine I'd be switching anyway but its something to think about big time.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #340
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Or here's another thought. Perhaps the wolves went after the Woodsman N1 and got some flavor text like, "You try to kill X but he is able to fight off your attack." Then they know who the Woodsman is to kill off later and they can try to locate other roled players in the meantime.

I think either this happened, or a case where the BG protected their target and they got a similar message, something like "someone prevents your attack upon so and so".
Old 03-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #341
The Jackal
Coordinator

I didn't even realize before that the traitor could scan for the seer. A nightfall vote in this case won't work, especially before J gets a chance to speak. Favor still sits with Danny, but if he is the traitor and this buys the wolves another day of no wolf kills, we're getting pretty close to losing.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #342
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
What would you guys do if you were a seer (I'm not don't worry). If I was Danny and I was the seer I would probably wait a bit longer to reveal. I'd probably start to put a vote on j23 if he scanned wolf and see if people follow without having to reveal. If the vote isn't falling his way then pull out the reveal card to make sure wolf goes home.

However, I will give him the benefit of the doubt right now as we only have d1 and d2 votes to go off which at face value isn't much.

It'd be a brilliant move by the traitor to rid of the seer. If j23 is says he's the seer what the hell is going to happen? I can't imagine I'd be switching anyway but its something to think about big time.

Danny's reveal did strike me as a bit quick. Finding one wolf in a three wolf game isn't usually surefire motivation, though Danny is often a NK target so I can understand he might not want to die without revealing. However, Danny is smart enough to be able to place a vote without revealing and give us enough to trace back and see he was pretty sure about that person if he ended up being NKed and revealed as the seer. I'm still likely to believe Danny's story, but I'm skeptical.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:08 AM   #343
The Jackal
Coordinator

In a presumed three wolf game, that is. I expect 3 wolves+cultist would be a fair mesh with the villager roles present.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #344
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm thinking of a course of action where we place J aside, at least for one day. We know he's not the only wolf, if he is one. And if Danny is the cultist, lynching him doesn't solve our problems. So we wait to hear what J has to say, and take a look at everyone else. However, without knowing for certain if Danny is telling the truth, it's hard to analyze the voting..
Old 03-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #345
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwardzala View Post

Unvote Nightfall

This would be a smart play if I a was the cultist who scanned seer. However, keep in mind that there is a mich greater chance to scan 1 of 3 wolves than 1 of 1 seer. Further, J23's play has not been indicative of a possible seer, I doubt I would have scanned him looking for the seer. In fact looking at night 1 and 2, I don't even think he was on between day and night deadline to let the lynch result guide his scan. He would have been if he was the seer I would think.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #346
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Vote nightfall
Old 03-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #347
Danny
Head Coach

Wow, so.I should have voted J23 and then left the village to guess if I actually scanned him after being night killed?

Revealing was the 100 percent right thing to do. Especially with the BG and maybe even the martyr out there.

Is it possible I am the cultist who scanned seer? Sure, but its much more likely I am the seer. Any play to delay lynching J23 is a bad, low percentage play.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #348
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and I HATE it when a seer goes to the grave having a known wolf. Getting the first wolf helps significantly in finding the other ones, then everyone tries to interpret their posts and usually ends up wrong.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #349
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
This would be a smart play if I a was the cultist who scanned seer. However, keep in mind that there is a mich greater chance to scan 1 of 3 wolves than 1 of 1 seer. Further, J23's play has not been indicative of a possible seer, I doubt I would have scanned him looking for the seer. In fact looking at night 1 and 2, I don't even think he was on between day and night deadline to let the lynch result guide his scan. He would have been if he was the seer I would think.

I agree with this, plus I think your play has been villager-like, albeit somewhat provocative, though with how often you're NK'ed early that was obviously a smart move. And then we don't know for a certainty that the traitor is in the game at all and I rate it as highly unlikely this is something other than as Danny is saying.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #350
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'm thinking of a course of action where we place J aside, at least for one day. We know he's not the only wolf, if he is one. And if Danny is the cultist, lynching him doesn't solve our problems. So we wait to hear what J has to say, and take a look at everyone else. However, without knowing for certain if Danny is telling the truth, it's hard to analyze the voting..
I'm not sure I follow. We don't lynch either of them for today and get what out of it?