Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-12-2011, 12:46 AM   #1201
thejuggler3
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuggler3 View Post
I think this did you in as well. If you claim to be the doctor later, you would have to be the doctor here.

Tobe more precise, I found out that I was the companion over 10 minutes before your post. If you were the doctor, I would have assumed you would have known it by then. Well, that's the best I can do folks. Made my bed, and now I will lie in it and sleep until I find out the results in the morning.

Gnight all.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:14 AM   #1202
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Aww what the hell. As soon as i become the Doctor I die? That totally blows, I call shenanigans!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:32 AM   #1203
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Ah well, the village deserved to lose this one anyway. GG wolves.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:01 AM   #1204
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

CW, post write-up, Id be interested in seeing what the 'super citizen' powers were.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:57 AM   #1205
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Nightfall. Results coming shortly. I need to find some appropriate images.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #1206
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As the dust settles, all that is left is the regenerated form of the Master. Quickly dispatching the hapless JAG and Juggler, the Master triumphs, destroying the Earth to further his nefarious schemes. Have a nice day.

JAG was a Citizen of the Ancient Era
Juggler was the Ancient Warlord!

Wolves win!

Special congrats to Mauboy for pulling off a quite impressive last second victory.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 04-12-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #1207
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the running the game CW. It was fun. I was very upset that I was converted but obviously happy now to be the last one standing.

It was a good little battle with JAG last night. Thanks Juggler, and sorry Juggler
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #1208
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So...first thing's first.

Standard citizens had two powers.

1) While in their home Era, their time travel votes counted twice. Interestingly, since there was almost always a consensus, this never really came into play.

2) By random roll, they had one of 4 powers.

- May scan for any role EXCEPT for the Master. Must specify role.
-OR-
- May send 1 anonymous message to one player.
-OR-
- May follow 1 player at night.
-OR
- Votes count twice.

The other era-specific roles...

Ancient-Era Warlord
---------------
- If you are lynch or night kill target, a random person from the ancient era will take your place and die. If there are no candidates left, you die.

Medieval-Era Count
------------------
- By noble order, you may prevent 1 person from taking any night actions.

Industrial-Era Tycoon
---------------------
- By spreading some money around, your vote counts twice.

Modern-Era Scientist
--------------------
- Genetic testing has allowed you to test for Time Lord DNA. May scan 1 person, will learn if they are a Time Lord (will not learn if it is Doctor or Master).

Future-Era Starship Captain
---------------------------
- May order 1 person to the brig, preventing them from voting for time travel or lynch for the day.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #1209
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

There were several secret conditions & provisions...

Tie Condition: In event of a tie, the Doctor's vote was the only one that mattered. Whoever the Doctor voted for, died.

Companion NK: As EF found out really, really late, the way to kill the Doctor without having the Companion defend him was to off the Companion. The Doctor would immediately die in his place. Ironically, early on in the game, there was almost a hilarious chain reaction. The wolves were set to NK Juggler. JAG was ancient era, so JAG would have tried to save Juggler, leading to Autumn saving JAG.

Wolf Powers...

Dalek Kahn
- May EXTERMINATE one player upon his lynching or other assorted death. (Brutal)
- May activate Emergency Temporal Shift at any point during the day - vote ends at that moment,
era location randomly determined.
- Scans as Good in Future Era

Cyber Leader
- May convert one player to wolf instead of night kill, so long as we are Modern Era or greater.
- If Doctor is converted, he is instead killed (convert power is saved).
- Scans as Good in Modern Era

The Master
- May prevent Doctor from using any abilities once per game. (This ability carried a secret provision - when it was used on the Doctor, the Doctor gained that ability as a one time power against the Master)
- May influence time stream one step either direction once per game.
- May prevent time travel once per game.
- Always scans as Good.
- If there is a living convert/lackey and the Master Dies, the Master regenerates to him.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 04-12-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #1210
Danny
Head Coach

Really can't believe Jag was voted over Juggler.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #1211
Danny
Head Coach

I mean Mau's power reveal was obviously fake and hell he claimed he had a duke ability, so you should have voted him and made him use it if he had it.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #1212
Danny
Head Coach

I meant over Mau that is.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #1213
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the game CW, pretty wild one. I do think the wolves had an excellent game and Mau played the end game well too.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #1214
Danny
Head Coach

Reading along I agree the wolves played a good game, and deserved the win. The large amount of roles made things difficult for them.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #1215
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Personally, I don't think I had the balance QUITE right, but I hope everyone had fun regardless. Despite how it ended, I personally think I should have given the wolves an extra nudge. The mass role reveals really made it tough on them.

That said, there were some seriously amusing moments from my end.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 04-12-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #1216
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

This really needs to be posted for the sake of history, the message Mau sent me N2 (and CW's editorial):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
You receive an anonymous message...

"You've been found guilty. You've been sentenced to spend all of eternity in the Yak's dung yard.

I've heard the Yak excrement is pretty good for you. Enjoy."

...time travel apparently does not agree with everyone's mind.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:32 AM   #1217
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I mean Mau's power reveal was obviously fake and hell he claimed he had a duke ability, so you should have voted him and made him use it if he had it.

I presumed that it was the Doctor role that had the one lynch changing ability and Autumn had already used that up. I probably agreed with Juggler in why would the wolves convert mau when they could pick jag. I'd hate to be in juggler's position in the end game. The only time I made it that far I completely misread the situation - it's really tough to make a call by that stage of the game I think. I think everyone in the village has to take the blame as limited participation early on really helped out the wolves. Combined with some bad-luck with the choices of candidates in the lynches on day one and three and there you go.

I think the wolves deserved the win and with the opportunity for role reveals provided by the ruleset I think they did incredibly well to get it, even with a conversion. Considering the way things went down I think my plan of the major roles revealing would have worked much better than the chaors that ensured McKerney was lynched despite revealing as the Scientist. I'm really annoyed that hardly anyone even acknowledged it. And I didn't even get the chance to bang on about it even more the next day. Bostords!

Security

I'd be interested in hearing the wolves reasoning behind their early night kills. Killing NTN on night one and me on night three were helpful in clearing up the votes on those days.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #1218
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, that's not an ending I expected. Tough position to be in juggler, and Mauboy did an excellent job arguing his way out of that. Too often by end game everyone's tired and can't put that kind of effort in.

I wasn't entirely sure there was a conversion. On the night of the conversion I used the ability I had gotten from The Master in order to block his actions that night. It seemed quite a coincidence, so I was hoping there was no conversion. That makes it really though when it happens so close to the end.

Everyone assumed I had changed the vote the night Mckerney died, but all that happened was that JAG's double vote tied it, and the Doctor's vote decides tie votes. Still, I felt very certain McKerney was bad at that time - goes to show you how much this game revolves around the villagers chasing each other in circles.

I didn't press for more role reveals early because I think that's just unfair to the wolves, frankly. At least this game they could have faked a citizen role and it would not be readily apparent.

I was just happy to be a seer finally. Took years and years to get the chance.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:16 AM   #1219
thejuggler3
Mascot

Yep, just misread it. Got stuck on JAG asking who the doctor was that once. In the end, we were probably going so fast that he didn't get the post yet. Oh well. Fun game. GG wolves.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #1220
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

When I got out of bed I meant to cover this again last night to say that the power had already been used on the first night. Glad it didn't matter..

I'm sure jag enjoyed his yak dung. Was it healthy for ya like I said? For this pm I had no idea what to say to anybody as I didn't want to send to a wolf. N1 I was very confident that Danny was a villager so I felt OK opening up to him.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #1221
Autumn
Head Coach

I just want to point out Lathum made it almost to the end of a game again.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #1222
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I would like to point out that Lathum had been planning to brutal you for days and days now.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #1223
Autumn
Head Coach

I bet he was.

I really bought him as The Master. Wishing i went EF now instead of Lathum.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #1224
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I just want to point out Lathum made it almost to the end of a game again.

amazed I made it that long
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #1225
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Great game but I do not like these everyone has a role games just for the simple fact that at some point everyone reveals and the wolves are obvious. It is why I tried to make sure the one game I ran had more vanilla characters than roles ones. I also submit the generic vanilla PM to the wolves. I just feel like these mass reveals kind of ruin the spirit of the game.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #1226
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The mass reveals hurt us for sure, we were pretty backed into a corner. Even if we faked as a roled player, the player with that role would counter and it would be a 1-1 which doesn't benefit the wolves.

I think CW did an amazing job with the write ups and complexity of the game. My only suggestion would be make the list of roles longer so the wolves have a shot at a fake reveal. As was mentioned earlier, we kind of got backed against a wall.

I thought we were in real trouble with Autumn, because even if we killed him the seer ability would jump to another player, and we couldn't night kill him because Jag would have been able to kill one of us.

I am pleased I made it this long, I was amazed after the vote switching I wasn't scanned or voted for, and ending D2 early was a lot of fun for me. I had Autumn set up pretty well until he revealed as the Doc, but it was fun taking him with me.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #1227
Autumn
Head Coach

I decided to not bother scanning you. I figured I"d get a vibe from you in-thread, and then once I was sure you were the wolf I thought you were probably the Master anyway. And day 1 I wanted to get away from scanning the obvious targets, like you and Danny, just becuase that makes it no fun for you guys.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #1228
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I agree about the too many roles concept in general as well, but in this game, by the time you needed to reveal, didn't you have enough info about powers vanilla villagers had as revealed in thread by other villagers to make a fairly reasonable fake reveal?

I want to also give Coffee praise for the hilarious write-ups and descriptions of time eras. Very well done.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #1229
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I want to also give Coffee praise for the hilarious write-ups and descriptions of time eras. Very well done.

Ditto - really added something to the game.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #1230
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh, thanks folks.

As for the too many roles thing - in principle, I agree. I don't, however, usually like having totally vanilla villagers. I like everyone being able to do something. Vanilla roles are a bit boring to me, though as evidenced, a total bitch to really work.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #1231
Zinto
College Starter

GG Everyone.

Honestly the wolves deserved to win and if there where five wolves to start with as we initially believed you guys would have won earlier. I am wondering how different things would have been if I just left my computer and did not claim companion the first night. It would have been a showdown between Darth and Eagle the next night depending on who was night killed.

Thanks for running this Coffee I really enjoyed the game. The write-ups where awesome.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #1232
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I disagree about vanilla being boring. A bunch of vanilla roles opens the game up to fake reveals and really makes people think rather than having the game more or less fall into the villages lap. By that I mean the only way these multi role games end is with mass reveals. I also think it encourages risk taking on both sides too.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #1233
bhlloy
Coordinator

I think the wolves deserved to win this one and I'm surprised it was this close.

Honestly, the campaign to get rid of Autumn based on the day 2 vote was one of the strangest things I've seen in a long time. If anything screamed "villager being set up" it was that, but Lathum got everyone to play along very nicely and from there nobody seemed to trust the key villager in the game.

I'd like to know more about day 2 from the wolves actually. How/why was that decision made? Had I been tagged as the BG or was it just a "we have this power, let's use it early" kind of decision? If Autumn had voted elsewhere would it still have been used?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #1234
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As I recall, they were going back and forth on night killing you. For some reason (wolves will have to go into that, I forget), they felt you had an important role and/or were just too talktative, and needed to go.

The second they saw Autumn place that early vote on you, Lathum pounced.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #1235
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah that would make sense. Once I was up day 1 it really was a catch 22 - either reveal and die because BG couldn't protect himself or don't reveal and know that the wolves would probably read something into that as well. Good pick up by Lathum.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #1236
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I knew I had that power and pretty much just wanted to use it. I wanted to limit voting records as much as possible early. Once it was Autumn I had remembered a game a while back with a similar mechanic and a wolf had been the late deciding vote. I thought it would be a good way to create chaos
Old 04-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #1237
Autumn
Head Coach

That was part of what made me wonder about you Lathum, I think you mentioned that other game. That just smelled wolfy to me, it didn't seem the type of analysis i would expect from you as a villager.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #1238
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I disagree about vanilla being boring.

Agreed. I love being a vanilla villager, I have nothing to lose being aggressive.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #1239
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah I'm very surprised that wasn't picked up on. There were a few of us PM'ing back and forth who were early kills and we were sure at that point that Lathum was wolf and Autumn was a roled villager.

Can't argue with results though - I guess others read it the other way.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #1240
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I was actually kind of playing out in the open. I figured I may be an early scan and knew I was brutal. My goal was to creat as much chaos early on as possible.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #1241
Autumn
Head Coach

I was fairly sure Lathum was a wolf, but I was more interested in finding the rest of them. I figured it would become apparent whether he was or not soon enough. I'm glad we didn't lynch him earlier now that we know he was the brutal.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #1242
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

CW, thanks for running the game. I had a blast.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #1243
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #1244
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Thanks CW!

Way to go mau!!!!

This was a very interesting game. Even when we were "winning" early we still felt like there was a point where the game would turn, once it became clear that a mass reveal would kill us.

We got a little messed up early on and didn't get the conversion but it actually paid off as it gave us mau who was able to be a villager for most of the game legitimately.

When Darth started to go after Zinto we were hoping that he would pull it off and get others voting for him. If that happened we were going to convert Darth that night as a thank you and for the win.

I was hoping to keep us in modern times for a while at the start, that is why the nudge back to modern initially but didn't realize that I couldn't do anything to prevent the time change when Lathum ended the day on day two.

I was going to vote for a villager that night so Lathum could end the day (and I could claim setup) but then saw that Autumn beat me to it.

What was up with ntn, I thought for sure that he had some kind of role. He posted more in one day that he has in entire games I believe. I like the new ntn. Plus he posted something about cats and Egypt that we weren't sure if that was a hint or some sort or if he was playing Cliff (there was a cheers reference right around that time if I remember correctly).

I was hoping to setup a Darth versus me showdown at some point. Tried to set him up with the "are you a wolf" question which I could refer to later if needed and it started to look like we needed it. Sorry Darth, nothing personal.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #1245
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Oh, why did you want to go to the Future era? We were floored when the voting went that way.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #1246
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Awesome game CW, i had a blast. Good game everyone

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:19 PM   #1247
Autumn
Head Coach

I think JAG thought that Dwardzala could do something awesome in the future. If I had realized that was his reasoning I would have ixnayed it. But I figured maybe JAG was from the future and could do something awesome himself.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #1248
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Awesome Game CW. Love your googlepics. Picard was my favorite
Old 04-13-2011, 05:35 AM   #1249
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Cheers for the music Crimson - that really takes me back. Sometimes the Internet is a wonderful place.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:30 AM   #1250
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

THis one's still my favorite.

And for the record I think Patrick Troughton lasted as long in our game as he did in the the real series.