Fixed. As of #200

5: crimsonfox
4: bhlloy
3: ntndeacon
2: saldana
1: EagleFan
1: Tyketime
1: dwardzala

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 04-04-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #202
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Vote CrimsonFox

I am a vanilla citizen of a particular age and I do not get double counting lynch votes in my age. It's possible his ability is different, but it's enough of a reason for me to make a vote on day 1.

This is an interesting question at the very least. how similar are the "talents" of vanilla villagers? and does CF's contention make him more powerful in his era than any vanilla villager is in theirs?
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #203
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

and CWE I still have 3 it is saldana that is now 2
Old 04-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #204
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Vote CrimsonFox

I am a vanilla citizen of a particular age and I do not get double counting lynch votes in my age. It's possible his ability is different, but it's enough of a reason for me to make a vote on day 1.

Well if that's true then I am special, though I'm not called anything in particular. But that tells me there is most likely one person in each age that has two votes in their age. These people are all good villagers. If I"m the only one given this I'd be very surprised.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #205
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
"I AM!"

does anyone else find Dwarzdala's check in post the least bit alarming...i am used to 20+ "vanilla villager, checking in" posts, but why put the "(mostly)" on the end...might as well paint concentric circles on yourself.

i am not usually one to add another candidate on day one, but that to me feels rather, i wouldnt say desperate, but very much like someone wanting badly to be thought of as a villager/scanned.

vote dwarzdala
I put mostly in because, like every other villager, I have a special power (that I probably will never get to use).
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #206
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

A lot of moves, but not sure what to think of things. bhlloy and Saldana reading suspicion into dward's post look the most suspicious to me. CW explicitly said: (bolding mine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
All roles posted are in the game, among others not posted.

Edit: I won't be AS cagey as that. But yes, all roles are in the game. There is, however, no such thing as a totally vanilla villager. Everyone can do SOMETHING.

I don't see the case for CF or ntn.

Still not sure about voting saldana (probably the more suspicious of the two) yet though. I've been railing against him for two of the past four games (admittedly correctly in both cases). So I'll see if I can look back at the vote flow today and/or see if anything else develops at this point.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #207
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Since Sal's already got some votes (and has aroused JAG's suspicion):

Vote Saldana
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #208
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

That's true, JAG. Everyone can do SOMETHING. Yet Danny claims he can do NOTHING and gets THIS rule wrong as well.

Quote:
Keep in mind the age vote is processed before the night deadline, so the age we are in right now does not matter as far as possible scans. When the seer scans we should be safely in the industrial era barring any unforeseen happenings.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #209
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

ok, it is still early enough to make a tie to see what happens. (plus then 2 people are 2 votes ahead of me.)

Vote bhlloy
Old 04-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #210
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
That's true, JAG. Everyone can do SOMETHING. Yet Danny claims he can do NOTHING and gets THIS rule wrong as well.

CF, when did Danny claim he could do nothing. He did claim to not be able to do what you claim to be able to do. However that is NOWHERE near the same thing.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #211
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

The thing is, in all these cases, I'm not sure if people are deliberately misstating things or just misunderstanding a relatively complicated rule set.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #212
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Vote CrimsonFox

It sounds like it to me, given this is his reason for voting for me.
If he had some OTHER ability in a particular age, he might say "Hmmmm he can vote twice. I can't vote twice but I do something else. Maybe this is true."
He doesn't say that. He says "I'm a vanilla citizen of a particular age and I don't get what you get in my age....but enough of a reason for me to make a vote"

That's really insinuating the negative. If he had another ability, why not just say that. It would seem that that would do more for clearing me than seeing that I"m guilty.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #213
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Personally I lean towards simple confusion, of course that currently leaves me with nothing then though.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #214
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

That sounds to me that he is saying he has an ability and it isn't double counting lynch votes. So clearly your possible ability puts you up high.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #215
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Vote Mauboy

Clearly we need yet another one out there. All joking aside, this will change eventually once we have 2 or 3 nominnees for eviction from the time line.

Alright, that post is a bit out there for me.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #216
thejuggler3
Mascot

So I believe we are tied in votes, correct?

Although, I think the chances that the true votes are tied are rather slim...
Old 04-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #217
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
A lot of moves, but not sure what to think of things. bhlloy and Saldana reading suspicion into dward's post look the most suspicious to me. CW explicitly said: (bolding mine)

I don't see the case for CF or ntn.

Still not sure about voting saldana (probably the more suspicious of the two) yet though. I've been railing against him for two of the past four games (admittedly correctly in both cases). So I'll see if I can look back at the vote flow today and/or see if anything else develops at this point.

i took that to mean that everyone at least can become the doctor or his companion
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #218
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
That sounds to me that he is saying he has an ability and it isn't double counting lynch votes. So clearly your possible ability puts you up high.

Huh? Me having an ability makes me high?

Clearly, huh...clearly having an ability makes me a good vote candidate?
clearly saying what ability I have makes me more guilty? clearly having an ability makes me a good person to get rid of? Not sure what this means at all. And I already said I can't use my ability. I"m not modern.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #219
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Alright, that post is a bit out there for me.

Jag, it was me being funny, and my way of putting a initial vote in a humorous way
Old 04-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #220
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Huh? Me having an ability makes me high?

Clearly, huh...clearly having an ability makes me a good vote candidate?
clearly saying what ability I have makes me more guilty? clearly having an ability makes me a good person to get rid of? Not sure what this means at all. And I already said I can't use my ability. I"m not modern.

you having a different ability makes you a man of concern at the very least. and high on a list of people to look at. Clearly a difference is worth looking at.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #221
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

60 minutes till deadline.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #222
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
It sounds like it to me, given this is his reason for voting for me.
If he had some OTHER ability in a particular age, he might say "Hmmmm he can vote twice. I can't vote twice but I do something else. Maybe this is true."
He doesn't say that. He says "I'm a vanilla citizen of a particular age and I don't get what you get in my age....but enough of a reason for me to make a vote"

That's really insinuating the negative. If he had another ability, why not just say that. It would seem that that would do more for clearing me than seeing that I"m guilty.

Unvote Crimsonfox

I can buy this, and given more thought, I'm not sure if you were just a wolf you would have risked giving details of your ability.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #223
Danny
Head Coach

Guys. also after rereading my ability, I think I can buy more so that Crimson got a double vote ability.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #224
Danny
Head Coach

Vote ntndeacon

ntn was quick to latch on to my theory and I find that is very often a wolf play.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #225
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Vote bhlloy

Alright, kind of convoluted, but CR's reasoning for his vote seemed off to me. So I asked myself who he was trying to get some distance from with his vote of CrimsonFox and bhlloy seems to be the most likely option. If bhlloy turns up wolf, I would be interested in pursuing CR tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #226
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

I did miss this post though. I never claimed I could do nothing. Now I am rethinking my vote change.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #227
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

6: bhlloy
4: crimsonfox
4: ntndeacon
3: saldana
1: dwardzala

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 04-04-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #228
saldana
Pro Starter

i find myself in an unwinnable situation with my vote at this point...if i leave it where it is, someone will say i am wasting it, if i move it to bhlloy, someone will say i am piling on, and if i got to CF or NTN, someone will say i am protecting bhlloy

someone will most likely be JAG in all three cases
Old 04-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #229
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i find myself in an unwinnable situation with my vote at this point...if i leave it where it is, someone will say i am wasting it, if i move it to bhlloy, someone will say i am piling on, and if i got to CF or NTN, someone will say i am protecting bhlloy

someone will most likely be JAG in all three cases

I laughed.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #230
bhlloy
Coordinator

If I'm going down tell me you'll look back at post #169 and either go after juggler or CF tomorrow.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #231
thejuggler3
Mascot

Just noticed that the last three votes (ntndeacon, Danny, and JAG's) switched the vote off of Crimson and onto bhlloy (2 votes on bhlloy and one off Crimson). I'll let smarter minds figure out if that is meaningful, but seemed a bit odd.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #232
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I did miss this post though. I never claimed I could do nothing. Now I am rethinking my vote change.

YOu were inferring that because of using that as your vote reasoning. So that's what I got out of your statement.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #233
saldana
Pro Starter

unvote dwarzdala
vote crimsonfox
Old 04-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #234
Danny
Head Coach

I am considering going back to crimson
Old 04-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #235
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
YOu were inferring that because of using that as your vote reasoning. So that's what I got out of your statement.

Not even close

Quote:
Vote CrimsonFox

Notice the "it's possible his ability is different". That clearly is inferring I have an ability which is different from what you claim.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #236
thejuggler3
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
If I'm going down tell me you'll look back at post #169 and either go after juggler or CF tomorrow.

Booo, bhlloy! Made my post below yours before reading this. Now if I switch, looks bad
Old 04-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #237
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Ntndeacon
Vote Crimsonfox
\

His persistence on sticking with an obvious invalid point, even after I changed is not helping his case.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #238
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuggler3 View Post
Just noticed that the last three votes (ntndeacon, Danny, and JAG's) switched the vote off of Crimson and onto bhlloy (2 votes on bhlloy and one off Crimson). I'll let smarter minds figure out if that is meaningful, but seemed a bit odd.

But your not going to do anything about it right? Just more vague stuff you can point to when your key vote looks really bad in 2-3 days. Put some distance between you and CF after you linked the two of you earlier.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #239
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

6: bhlloy
6: crimsonfox
3: ntndeacon
3: saldana

Old 04-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #240
thejuggler3
Mascot

What the heck. Don't care if I look bad. If it turns out Crimson is a wolf, we have really good leads on who other wolves are from vote shifting.

Don't see us learning as much from bhlloy.

UNVOTE bhlloy
VOTE CrimsonFox
Old 04-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #241
thejuggler3
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
But your not going to do anything about it right? Just more vague stuff you can point to when your key vote looks really bad in 2-3 days. Put some distance between you and CF after you linked the two of you earlier.

We keep passing each others' posts

Just broke the tie. Although now, if he's a villager, will really raise my suspicion of you, but have to go with my gut. The quick switch from Crimson made me too suspicious.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #242
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well that throws the cat well and truly among the pigeons lol. If you are willing to stick with that I don't feel so good about CF anymore.

meh... either way we're going to get some really good voting history today. This is the best day 1 I've seen in terms of vote movement for a while.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #243
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'm answering your question Danny and I JUST read it. NOpt an invalid point at all. I said it before if you have another ability and not double votes, why not say that. No, you said you were a vanilla citizen of a certain age without double votes. that statement says to me "inferring you have no abilities" since that's what I define as vanilla.

So no not an invalid point at all but that's where I take it you were saying you can do "nothing".
Old 04-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #244
Danny
Head Coach

But that's completely ignoring the second half of my post
Old 04-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #245
Danny
Head Coach

And I worded it the way I did cause I have no interest in cluing the wolves onto exactly what my ability is, which you had no trouble doing which also seems odd.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #246
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, in the end, I think I'm reasonably satisfied with the top vote getters as candidates, which is unusual for a D1.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #247
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
And I worded it the way I did cause I have no interest in cluing the wolves onto exactly what my ability is, which you had no trouble doing which also seems odd.
i agree with this concept from Danny
Quote:
Well if that's true then I am special, though I'm not called anything in particular. But that tells me there is most likely one person in each age that has two votes in their age. These people are all good villagers. If I"m the only one given this I'd be very surprised.

and for what its worth, my reason for choosing CF was the bolded part above (bold mine)...thats a very sweeping assumption to make which makes me very uneasy, as if he is setting up for other people to be able to make a similar claim later on.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #248
Autumn
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is certainly doing plenty to get his share of attention, but i read that as his normal MO. I don't really see him coming out with a fake role so quickly if he's a wolf. And what he revealed sounds right, it's a pretty good fake if it is one. I would guess this is typical day one, chase after someone who says the wrong words, while the wolves sit back.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #249
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I see. Fair enough. But to me, that statment could go either way considering it was surrounded by statements to the contrary. I didn't ignore the second half of your statment, but what you're saying now doesn't mean to me "I'm a vanilla villager" (which you did say)
Old 04-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #250
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yes I am assuming that all people that are citizens of a certain age are all good. That is NOT a bad assumption.