Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Werewolf CXXX - Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book - SEEONEE WOLF PACK WINS!

Look well, Oh Wolves!

gray_wolf (427x640) (300x450).jpg

The Law of the Jungle

Now this is the Law of the Jungle

As old and as true as the sky

And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper,

but the wolf that shall break it must die

As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk

The law runs both forward and back

For the strength of the pack is the wolf

And the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-26-2011 at 08:51 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The Free People of The Seeonee Wolf Pack (aka The Village)

You all live by the Law of the Jungle as members of the Seeonee Wolf Pack. You frolic, you hunt, you mate, you have wolf cubs. You live your life as free people. But something has changed in the jungle. Shere Khan, the ferocious tiger has changed his hunting grounds early. It is rumoured that he is hunting something new and through your very land. When the great tiger changes his hunting ground, there can only be danger afoot, especially during the wolves council meetings lead by Akela, the Pack Chief.

No one knows where or how, but something new has arrived in the jungle. A man cub's has entered your domain. it crawled into the domicile of Mother and Father Wolf, who have adopted him as one of their own. And it is this mancub whom Shere Khan craves.

Important members of the Pack (aka Roled Villagers who may or may not be in the game)

BALOO
- The sleepy brown bear. A good a friend as you can have. Baloo is the only other creature allowed at the wolf council as he teaches wolf cubs the law of the jungle. He will stay with you during thick and thin and will come to the rescue if needed. BALOO is the BODYGUARD. The Bodyguard - As a night action, Baloo may protect someone from being killed. He may not protect himself, but may protect the same tribe member on back-to-back nights.
THIS IS A NAMED VILLAGER ROLE.

BAGHEERA
- The wise panther who seeks what is right, according to the Law of the Jungle. From high atop the branches of the trees, he sees all. BAGHEERA is the SEER. The Seer - As a night action, Bagheera may scan one member of the pack to see if they are a Seeonee pack member (Villager) or work for Shere Khan (Werewolf)

FATHER WOLF
- The adoptive father of Mowgli the man's cub. He and his wife treat him as a wolf pup. Father and Mother Wolf do everything together, including hunt. FATHER WOLF is a SPOUSE and also a HUNTER. Spouse - Father and Mother Wolf may PM each other freely. If a spouse is night-killed by Shere Khan's group, the other one will fight to protect them and WILL BE KILLED ALSO. The Hunter - Father Wolf may, if he chooses, hunt and kill any tribe member as a night action. He may only do this once during the game.

MOTHER WOLF
- Mother of the man's cub, she treat him like your own. No one would dare cross you when defending her cubs. Mother and Father Wolf do everything together, including hunt. MOTHER WOLF is a SPOUSE and also a HUNTER.
Spouse
- Father and Mother Wolf may PM each other freely. If a spouse is night-killed by Shere Khan's group, the other one will fight to protect them and WILL BE KILLED ALSO. The Hunter - Mother Wolf may, if she chooses, hunt and kill any tribe member as a night action. She may only do this once during the game.

AKELA
- The leader of the Seeonee Wolf Pack and chief hunter. Akela runs the council meetings and leads the wolves in getting food. As an expert hunter and pack chief, Akela is the oldest of the wolves and knows everyone well. AKELA is the DUKE. Duke - Once during the game, Akela may change the result of the vote to lynch another person. You must PM the GM with who you switch the lynch to before the vote deadline.

SEEONEE WOLF PACK MEMBER
- You are a member of the Seeonee Wolf Pack,
THIS IS A VANILLA VILLAGER ROLE. There are one or more of these.

-------------------------------------------------

Shere Khan and his forces (aka The Werewolves aka The badguys - Also may or may not all be in the game)

Shere Khan is a notorious adversary. You all respect and fear him. And now he has procured allies, some of which actually have say at your council meeting. And despite that it against the Law of The Jungle for him to change his hunting grounds early, no one can really do anything about it. Shere Khan and his forces will definitely try to spin things to their side for their own means.

SHERE KHAN, the Tiger
- The fiercest beast in the jungle. He has heard of the man's cub being loose and now he hungers to eat it. Shere Khan has thus changed his hunting ground without warning to the land of the Seeonee wolves, which is against the Law of the Jungle. A savage that will destroy anything in his path. SHERE KHAN is the BRUTAL. The Brutal - Shere Khan is so strong and fierce, even if he is killed by lynch or a hunter kill, he will rip out the throat of the Seeonee pack member on the way down. He must submit this info before voting deadline and before Night-kill deadline.
THIS IS A TRADITIONAL WEREWOLF ROLE

TABAQUI, the Dish-licker
- A jackal who assists Shere Khan in finding food and often scavenges the scraps that others has killed. He runs errands and snoops for his master, Shere Khan. He also infiltrates the wolf pack, and whispers things in their ears to start trouble. The more dissension he can cause, the better things end up for him. He will always get the scraps after someone is killed, after all. TABAQUI is the CUNNING. The Cunning - As Tabaqui is very sly and looks similar to the wolves, he scans as a Seeonee Tribe member.

KAA
- The thirty-foot python who is hungry. Ever hungry. Not a fan of Shere Khan but very threatened by him. Likes to hypnotize his prey so they won't run away and then he can swallow them while they are under his spell. KAA is the HYPNOTIST. The Hypnotist - Twice per game, Kaa can hypnotize one voter to make their vote change to whomever he wants. Kaa must submit before lynch deadline 1) who he is hypnotizing and 2) who he is switching their vote to. Various details about the hypnosis may or may not be revealed. (Never who Kaa is)

SHERE KHAN WOLF
- A wolf pack member with power and food on his mind. Shere Khan befriended many wolf cubs, who he fed with the animals he's killed and hatred towards the pack. Now these cubs are grown and know Akela is old and old-fashioned. Shere Khan Wolves want a new leader and will always speak for the interest of Shere Khan.
YOU are a vanilla member of SHERE KHAN's GROUP.
THIS IS A TRADITIONAL WEREWOLF ROLE. There may be multiple Vanilla Werewolves of this sort.

There are no secret roles. The only unknowns are details of things described above and below.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-16-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Welcome to Werewolf!

Here are some basic rules about it. If you have any questions about how to play, please ask and someone will know.

Deadlines

10pm EST/ 7pm PST - Voting deadline. Any votes marked 10:01 or later will not count.
10pm EST/ 7pm PST - Night Action deadline. Any night actions must also be submitted by 10:00. You are encouraged to submit contigency plans, such as "Kill Crimson Fox. If he's gone already, kill Coffee Warlord" or Scan or Duke or whatever...

Rules

No editing or deleting of posts.
No quoting of any private messages, from the moderator or otherwise.
No discussion of the game outside the thread, unless you have a role allowing you to, and then only to people specified.

Victory Conditions

The village will win if all werewolves are removed from the game.
The werewolves will win if their numbers ever equal the number of villagers left in the game.

Voting

Every day the village votes for who they wish to lynch, in hopes of catching a werewolf. The villager who receives the most votes will be lynched at sundown.

In order to vote, please post your vote in bold and on a separate line. You may change your vote at any time before the deadline by posting an unvote and then a new vote, both in bold.
like this.
VOTE CRIMSON FOX

To Change your vote, you must first unvote (again in bold), then vote again for your new choice.

Like this:

UNVOTE CRIMSON FOX
Vote THAT OTHER GUY

You may Change your vote as often as you wish. Only your last vote will count and it must be in before deadline. Night actions may also be changed. I will only count the last order I receive before the Night Action Deadline.

You may not vote No Lynch.
You may vote Nightfall. In order to go forward, Nightfall votes must be unanimous and will still be dependent on my availability.

Tie Votes

Tie votes are a mystery. No one knows what will happen. Perhaps no one will be lynched. Perhaps everyone in the tie will be killed. Or perhaps someone not even winning the vote count will be killed.

Most Likely Starting Day is Monday 04/18/11 with roles probably going out over the weekend.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-18-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Signup here!
Descriptions below about how someone died and by whom are just that: flavor descriptions.

Players:
1. Darth Vilus
2. bhlloy - Seeonee wolf pack member: The Christmas Wolf! Sliced out of the sky by Shere Khan Night 5
3. mckerney
4. Zinto
5. mauboy - Seeonee wolf pack member: Happy crazy wolf. Lynched day 2 by the Seeonee Wolf Pack. Remains eaten by Akela.
6. Autumn
7. Danny - Seeonee wolf pack member: White wolf. Killed night 1 by Shere Khan's forces. Head eaten by Kaa.
8. hoopsguy - Kaa, the Python. Ripped in half by Baloo and the wolf pack Day 5.
9. Lathum
- Seeonee wolf pack member: Rolly-poly grey wolf. Killed night 2 by Shere Khan.
10. Narcizo - Bagheera, the seer panther. Pounced on, burned, and decapitated by Shere Khan Day 6.
11. JAG - Tabaqui, the cunning. Lynched by pack day 1 as decided by the Law of the Jungle.
12. J23 - Big Bad Vanilla Wolf, Hunted by Mother Wolf Night 4
13. PackerFanatic
14. DaddyTargo
15. EagleFan - Father Wolf: Dark Gray wolf, Duked by Akela Day 4. Sacrificed himself for the good of the pack, then Disintegrated by Shere Khan
16. MrBug708 - The Bug Bad Wolf. Hunted by Father Wolf Night 2.
17. Dwardzala
- Seeonee Wolf Pack member: Black wolf. Banished to Isle of Dread Day 3.
18. The Jackal - Shere Khan, the brutal tiger. Set on fire by Mowgli, Day 6.
19. Telle - Seeonee Wolf Pack member: Vogue wolf. Eaten by Big Bad Red Riding Hood Wolf Night 4 at the Cannibalistic Picnic.
20. Thomkal - Seeonee Wolf Pack member: Wolf suited Tomcat. Eaten by Kaa, Night 3.
21. Gonzo - Vanilla Stuffed Animal - MIA - Torn to shreds by wolf cubs Day 2

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-25-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

in

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
bhlloy
Coordinator

Nice concept, I'm in
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
mckerney
Coordinator

In.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #8
Zinto
College Starter

I am in.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #9
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

AHHROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOO!

^^that means in in wolf
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm in, sounds great.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #11
Danny
Head Coach

In, and fingers crossed not to be an early night kill.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #12
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
AHHROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOO!

^^that means in in wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
In, and fingers crossed not to be an early night kill.

No worries, Danny - pretty sure mauboy just got votes for his initial post (coupled with win last game).

Oh, and I'll play.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #13
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
No worries, Danny - pretty sure mauboy just got votes for his initial post (coupled with win last game).

Oh, and I'll play.

We're all wolves, baby!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #14
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:39 AM   #15
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Me
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:50 AM   #16
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

In for the Jungle Boogie.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #17
J23
College Benchwarmer

sure
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #18
The Jackal
Coordinator

Got your message CF but unfortunately I'm still without internet due to the awful company I have to deal with. Hoping to have it in a week, but that'd likely be too late. Maybe I can jump in the next one. Have fun with your first game!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #19
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Thanks for the message, CF. Took a couple games off to regroup and would love to get back in the fray - count me in!
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #20
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Cool guys. Keep those signups coming.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #21
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Cool...I'll be in CF.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Good luck CF!!!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #24
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Thanks for all your help Abe!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #25
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Game starts Monday. Roles go out this weekend.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #26
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Someday I'm going to run a game with a really whacked-out mystery tie mechanic. Something along the lines of "everyone is lynched and you all lose" or something.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 04-14-2011 at 03:38 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #27
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m98PPRdcyBc
Old 04-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #28
MrBug708
Head Coach

Why not?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #29
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Count me in also.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #30
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm going to join with the caveat that I likely won't have internet until Wednesday. But I'll keep up on my phone, just don't expect in depth analysis or quoted posts from me for a few days.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #31
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Is everyone good with the 9 PM EST deadline? Would a 10 PM EST be better?
Old 04-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #32
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am probably more likely to be on at deadline if its 10PM EST, but I have no problem either way. Usually I just second-guess myself and screw my team if I am on right at deadline anyway
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:28 AM   #33
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The main question I guess is, do the west coasters do their werewolfing from work before they leave or do they rush home to do it?
Old 04-15-2011, 12:30 AM   #34
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

i hit before and after work. if i work at all im usually out during deadline

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:14 AM   #35
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
The main question I guess is, do the west coasters do their werewolfing from work before they leave or do they rush home to do it?

Both

10PM EST is marginally better for me because it pretty much guarantees I'll be home by deadline, but I'm usually home before 9PM EST regardless.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:02 AM   #36
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9cWk...eature=related

Someone had to post it.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:17 AM   #37
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post

Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Game
Old 04-15-2011, 06:03 AM   #38
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I guess that's KING Not-Appearing-In-This-Game.

It's Kipling not Disney
Old 04-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #39
Telle
College Starter

I'll play, if it's not too late to toss my hat in.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:38 PM   #40
MrBug708
Head Coach

Are their villagers in this game, yes right?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:22 AM   #41
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Sure Telle Great! Yes there are villagers in this game. But this time they are wolves. Get it?
Old 04-16-2011, 07:39 AM   #42
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I've cut my mailbox down from 198 messages to 100. I think I'm going to need all the space and will probably need more.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #43
Autumn
Head Coach

Yay, Telle's back!

Yeah, CF, you're going to need to delete a lot more.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #44
Thomkal
Head Coach

Crimson Fox told me there'd be chocolate bunnies and jelly beans if I joined his game, so here I am.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #45
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Little does he know, I ate them all.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #46
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Roles goin out tonight.

Here, munch on these... although chocolate is poison to wolves, so...

chocolate_bunny.jpg
jelly.jpg
Old 04-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #47
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Little does he know, I ate them all.

That's it, I quit then!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #48
Thomkal
Head Coach

Wait this isn't the Easter thread....
Old 04-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #49
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

A note about story and boxtext. During writeups I may use a character's name (Baloo, Bagheera, Shere Khan, eother wolves, etc) to describe the aciton or further a story. This in no means will implicate anything done or said by an actual werewolf player in or out of thread either way (good side or badside) unless I actually say the name of a player as well or talk specifically about votes and such. Then obviously that person is involved for good or bad, but I will not be giving anything hints as to who someone is just because I use a character name.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #50
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Roles goin out tonight.

And by "tonight", I mean, "whenever I finish my taxes" :P