Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #101
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I would also suggest to revert your votes back to where they were before voting me to recreate the tie. Leave it at the four candidates and see where it takes us. Web gone completely off my plan here. Jerks. LOL.

I think the 3-4 candidate is a good one. I would actually like it to see a 2-2-2-2 in the future so Danny can sort it all out when he arrives. Don't think I'll be moving my vote though.

You bring up a good point though that we need to be especially wary of people who aren't posting much - if we're relying on gut calls then someone drifting through without saying much is very dangerous to us. I can't really make that sort of call as not everyone can be active when I'm around but people might want to think about it later in the day.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #102
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Congrats to jag creating something out of nothing. If and when I live through the day I'll be able to tell you one wolf. I'm not the seer but based on responses from everything today we'll get some good gut reads by me in this game I promise you that.

Why don't you tell us now? Or did you just do your passive-aggressive reveal-but-not-really-revealing BS?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #103
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I think the 3-4 candidate is a good one. I would actually like it to see a 2-2-2-2 in the future so Danny can sort it all out when he arrives. Don't think I'll be moving my vote though.

You bring up a good point though that we need to be especially wary of people who aren't posting much - if we're relying on gut calls then someone drifting through without saying much is very dangerous to us. I can't really make that sort of call as not everyone can be active when I'm around but people might want to think about it later in the day.

I think there's a difference between people who aren't posting much and people who aren't contributing... see Danny in Batman
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #104
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I also agree with Packer's comment that adding a 4th candidate was not a good strategic move when the wolves are better able to control the vote with a more spread-out vote.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #105
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I also agree with Packer's comment that adding a 4th candidate was not a good strategic move when the wolves are better able to control the vote with a more spread-out vote.

this
Old 06-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #106
spleen1015
Coordinator

I just think he's trying to get people to not vote for him by saying he'll have something of value if he lives.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #107
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I just think he's trying to get people to not vote for him by saying he'll have something of value if he lives.

Exactly. Nothing is more wolfish than trying to suggest that without actually revealing IMO. I'm feeling better and better about him as the day goes on.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #108
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Why don't you tell us now? Or did you just do your passive-aggressive reveal-but-not-really-revealing BS?

I'm a plain villager. All I was saying is I'm going to kick some ass this game with my gut feelings. I've already highlighted lots of posts for myself when I get home later.

No reveals from me this game.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #109
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm a plain villager. All I was saying is I'm going to kick some ass this game with my gut feelings. I've already highlighted lots of posts for myself when I get home later.

Gee I wonder why
Old 06-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #110
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:

Dang my favorite Mau move is the fake reveal
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #111
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Jesus another misinterpretation.

Fair enough on the adding forth candidate but I liked the idea because it will cause some last minute moves by people once the score goes 3-2-2-2. The analasys that comes after is what I think would prove to be most valuable.

My biggest problem is that I am typing on a phone and try explaining things in too few words because it takes forever. I can explain things more easily on a computer but... shrug.that's the way it goes sometimes.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #112
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Dang my favorite Mau move is the fake reveal

I want to change my Nick in this forum to papparazzi!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #113
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Gee I wonder why

Not too difficult to explain that one. Because I'm a villager. No role to reveal.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #114
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry autumn I'm sure I've quoted my pm word for word by now. Villager villager villager. LOL
Old 06-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #115
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Do you think I'm a wolf making a play to try and vote off a villager or a villager making too much out of something that turns out to be nothing?

Just curious, I'm not the only one pointing stuff out and surely if you're a villager it wouldn't be surprising if a wolf was only all too eager to jump on board the train of thought I outlined.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #116
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Do you think I'm a wolf making a play to try and vote off a villager or a villager making too much out of something that turns out to be nothing?

Just curious, I'm not the only one pointing stuff out and surely if you're a villager it wouldn't be surprising if a wolf was only all too eager to jump on board the train of thought I outlined.

At this point going into where I'm at with my thoughts and reads would alter the rest of the day. I'll hold off on saying anything until deadline if I'm getting lynched.

I hope that's good enough for ya.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #117
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
At this point going into where I'm at with my thoughts and reads would alter the rest of the day. I'll hold off on saying anything until deadline if I'm getting lynched.

I hope that's good enough for ya.

You are not helping your case to be honest Mau. If you are lynched we will have no idea if you are a wolf or a villager and thus must take your analysis with a grain of salt. Also hurting your analysis will be the fact that if you are a villager it is easy to get knee jerky with your reaction when people vote for you.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #118
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
You are not helping your case to be honest Mau. If you are lynched we will have no idea if you are a wolf or a villager and thus must take your analysis with a grain of salt. Also hurting your analysis will be the fact that if you are a villager it is easy to get knee jerky with your reaction when people vote for you.

You will know what I am by tomorrow night if the priest still lives. That's why I don't mind waiting til deadline. Take it with a grain of salt I don't care..it should be because its not solid evidence..just reads. Everyone is acting like I somehow knew all allegiances and revealing that it was me that actually created this game not autumn.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #119
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

That last sentence didn't make the greatest sentence but you get the gist of it.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #120
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Sentence-sense...

The phone is not treating me well today.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #121
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You will know what I am by tomorrow night if the priest still lives. That's why I don't mind waiting til deadline. Take it with a grain of salt I don't care..it should be because its not solid evidence..just reads. Everyone is acting like I somehow knew all allegiances and revealing that it was me that actually created this game not autumn.

We will? I don't know if I'm in favor of the priest or seer for that matter revealing tomorrow, I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread and is a discussion for another day but I seriously doubt we will know what you are tomorrow if you are lynched today.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #122
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sentence-sense...

The phone is not treating me well today.

Did your phone not read the rules last game?
Old 06-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #123
Autumn
Head Coach

chubby - bhlloy (52)
packerfanatic - spleen1015 (51)
jag - Chubby (48)
bhlloy - mauboy1 (56), Zinto (78)
Mauboy1 - JAG (86), PackerFanatic (88), Narcizo (89)
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #124
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm out for a number of hours. Have fun, boys.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #125
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

When I get home..rather than waiting til deadline I'll make my thoughts known sooner. It'd be dumb not to let everyone know sooner. Sorry. Like I say give me until I get home
Old 06-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #126
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
We will? I don't know if I'm in favor of the priest or seer for that matter revealing tomorrow, I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread and is a discussion for another day but I seriously doubt we will know what you are tomorrow if you are lynched today.

Unless the person lynched is a wolf. Then I think it's definitely worth the priest revealing.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #127
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Anyway, got to go. Wish I could be around to see how things pan out. But I can't. Hope to see you tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #128
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

in an effort to condense the conversation...

unvote JAG
vote bhlloy
Old 06-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #129
bhlloy
Coordinator

Didn't want a runaway on Mau, but this is clearly my best option at this point, for self defense and because I think it's the right vote given what has gone down today

Unvote Chubby
Vote Mauboy
Old 06-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #130
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Didn't want a runaway on Mau, but this is clearly my best option at this point, for self defense and because I think it's the right vote given what has gone down today

Unvote Chubby
Vote Mauboy

yeah I'm not against mauboy being lynched either, i just don't think it's beneficial to have straggler votes out there. Hopefully it leads us to conversation that will make it easier to discern if one of you are a wolf
Old 06-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #131
bhlloy
Coordinator

I was looking hard at jumping to JAG if you had stayed there, just to get some votes that weren't on Mau, but you forced my hand. And I just can't get over the fact that his play today is completely bizarre.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #132
Zinto
College Starter

Chubby's move makes my life easier since I was coming on to decide if I should move my vote to condense the voting.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #133
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Based on reactions, gut feelings, etc I'm pretty confident that bhlloy is one of the wolves.

My instinct once he voted chubby was not really concerning initially but his responses to me sound wolfish. My vote is staying where it is on bhlloy.

If there is a tie I am going to vote for myself to you guys that I am a villager and so that the priest can scan the night kill instead.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #134
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

To prove to everyone. Hating the phone today.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #135
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

how are you going to be able to prove to everyone that you are a villager when you are dead?
Old 06-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #136
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I was looking hard at jumping to JAG if you had stayed there, just to get some votes that weren't on Mau, but you forced my hand. And I just can't get over the fact that his play today is completely bizarre.

Why me vs. PF?
Old 06-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #137
bhlloy
Coordinator

Would have considered PF as well but at this point it's a clear 2 horse race
Old 06-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #138
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Based on reactions, gut feelings, etc I'm pretty confident that bhlloy is one of the wolves.

My instinct once he voted chubby was not really concerning initially but his responses to me sound wolfish. My vote is staying where it is on bhlloy.

If there is a tie I am going to vote for myself to you guys that I am a villager and so that the priest can scan the night kill instead.

Did you have any other observations?
Old 06-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #139
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Did you have any other observations?

With bhlloy bringing up my other candidate as a possibility I'm wavering on which of the two has played more like a wolf so far - which is obviously tough to do on day one. But my two candidates were bhlloy and PF.

My mom just showed up at home not long ago so if I can add more soon I will do so.

Voting me out is fine, like I said, to show some sacrifice to the village, I will vote myself in the event of a tie (I will break the tie and kill myself) so that the priest can scan the NK so that we know who died in the NK rather than me, a plain villager.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #140
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Do you realize longest-held vote is the tie-breaker? If you think bhlloy is a wolf, why would you vote yourself out instead of him in the event of a tie? It's also unfortunate the player you suggest as a wolf happens to be the closest to you in votes, making your observation seem rather self-serving (even if I don't necessarily disagree with you).

And there is no way scanning the NK instead of the lynch makes sense. Scanning the lynch will give us the most potentially useful voting info, and the most important info of all, whether the player we lynch is a wolf or not (we already know the NK is not).

If you're a villager, you're not advocating good strategy for us. I am not convinced of your wolfishness, but I also don't have a better candidate.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #141
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
If you're a villager, you're not advocating good strategy for us. I am not convinced of your wolfishness, but I also don't have a better candidate.

My thoughts of the afternoon summed up perfectly.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #142
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I have a feeling one of you two will be switching because deep down inside you know I'm not a wolf, regardless of my actions. I'm not going to be this active at the beginning as a wolf unless my actions required. I started active in this game and now I'm having to be more active thanks to sticking my foot in my mouth yet again.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #143
Autumn
Head Coach

packerfanatic - spleen1015 (51)
bhlloy - mauboy1 (56), Zinto (78), Chubby (128)
Mauboy1 - JAG (86), PackerFanatic (88), Narcizo (89), bhlloy (129)
Old 06-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #144
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

YEah, not a whole lot of logic being thrown around by me today, eh? Breaking a tie, etc. Didn't read the tie breaking rules. Anyway.

If I die tonight just remember that I am 100% a villager and a plain one so nothing is lost here.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #145
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

And I would still recommend to scan the NK despite what others may think. If you believe me scan the NK if you don't, go ahead and scan me to ensure you know who you lynched.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #146
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

If you scan me and find out I'm the plain villager I am the night killed person may not get scanned ever and may actually be a role we'd want to know (seer, sorcerer).
Old 06-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #147
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

The more and more I think about it - the night kill should be the scan but again I keep thinking from my perspective so I may not be thinking completely straight. But I just keep going back to that the wolves may get lucky and kill the seer and eventually be able to pull out the seer card and seal the game. I'm obviously not the seer or I would have revealed long ago.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #148
Zinto
College Starter

That would be the only concern. That a role would be killed off and the priest would not know. I think the lynch victim should be scanned but I guess it is up for the Priest to decide.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #149
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

gl village
Old 06-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #150
Autumn
Head Coach

Deadline

The village decides that Mauboy1 is the one behind the recent savage murders. He is brought to the gallows and lynched. Night falls.