Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-26-2011, 12:47 AM   #101
Danny
Head Coach

Actually, with EF downgrading the conversion chance to 50% that could be an indication there are four starting wolves.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:59 AM   #102
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Everyone is scared of being the first to cast a second vote so I'll save them the worry and try out a new (for me) day one voting tactic. Also, if left unchallenged he can easily glide to the end as he proved in the Batman game.

Vote Darth Vilus
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:24 AM   #103
MrBug708
Head Coach

Villager checking in
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:38 AM   #104
bhlloy
Coordinator

Checking in... I hope we have the grandpa role on our side as I think that's a really interesting and potentially powerful mechanic that we can use to negate a whole night of wolf actions. Mad Max would be less of a powerful role and I think we probably have one of the two.

If we had Grandpa along with the 50% conversion chance reduction that might point towards a possibility of 4 wolves but I doubt it. I'd have thought 3+ROUS would be more likely
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:41 AM   #105
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - just re-read the rules and this would seem to imply that Miracle (not Mad) Max is in the game, so Grandpa would seem unlikely I guess...

There is one exception to this rule, the holocaust cloak will start with Miracle Max and he may select one player to give the cloak to by the day 2 deadline.

and

To be in the running for an item players must select that item on day one by the deadline. Use the same mechanic as the voting mechanic but use the phrase Select (Item Name). The winner of that item will be selected from the pool of players that selected the item. Miracle Max may select an item as he has to give away the cloak.

Or all villager roles are in the game, and that would make 4 wolves more likely. Or I'm just talking crap on day 1. I'm going to bed.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:33 AM   #106
Autumn
Head Coach

I think three wolves are possible, if princess is in the game. I would think maybe even the game out with the ROUS instead of a real wolf, but I think he'd only be in the game if the cunning is, and that seems less likely, the clergyman being a more minor role. EF might have tried to throw us off though by not including the ones we'd expect, saving them for later.

Either way there's nothing we can do but assume anyone could be in it, which means we may have a cunning and we may have wolves that can scan for some of the villagers. We'll just hope our guys do well storming the castle!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #107
Autumn
Head Coach

Good point about the cloak, Bhlloy.

Everyone make sure to remember to pick an item!

Select Wheelbarrow
Old 07-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #108
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Howdy y'all.

bhlloy, true, unless neither Max nor the cloak are in the game. I thin ED said all items might not be in the game.

I'm throwing down a vote for Chief Rum. He's not as active as he used to be and that makes him hard for me to read. Maybe this will light a fire under him (especially nice if he's wearing the holocaust cloak and holding a wheelbarrow):

Vote Chief Rum

And, guess I'll go for the wheelbarrow.

Select Wheelbarrow
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:51 AM   #109
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Want to get a vote out, and I want to do it for someone I know will be around at least somewhat.

VOTE NARCIZO
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:56 AM   #110
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

SELECT WHEELBARROW
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:27 AM   #111
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Grandpa - Villager Role. As he tells us this story he may decide if we need to skip ahead in the story. This power will allow him to negate a day. He may submit this action prior to the deadline. After the lynch is announced the game will be interupted by his grandson and he will begin telling the story again. The lynched player will remain alive and no wolf action that night.

If Grandpa is out there, is there some reason we wouldn't want him to use this power immediately? Basically we prevent the wolves from using their actions for a night at the cost of not finding out info from a lynch, our roled villagers can use their abilities, and lastly Grandpa can then reveal and we have a CoT of 1 right off the bat.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #112
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, but that's no fun ...
Old 07-26-2011, 09:00 AM   #113
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I agree JAG, and obviously Grandpa doesn't want to reveal until after the lynch so the wolves won't be sure how they should act today. Have to admit I sort of skipped over the "wolf" part of "no wolf action that night" which really makes the role very powerful. (I thought it was no action at all). So I'd say, yeah Grandpa, if you're there you might want to get that power lined up.

Everyone is targeting the wheelbarrow so I'll go with the powder.

Select Iocane Powder
Old 07-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #114
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

If Grandpa is in the game then I think 4 wolves + extras is a distinct possibility. Still tend to think that he won't be.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #115
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Want to get a vote out, and I want to do it for someone I know will be around at least somewhat.

VOTE NARCIZO

This would make a lot more sense if I was likely to be able to be around when it, you know, actually matters.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #116
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm not sure guys - it's the usual risk/reward, but potentially if Grandpa didn't use the power until after a seer reveal, potentially we could keep the seer alive for 3 more nights (BG/grandpa/BG) which is a pretty game changing mechanic, hell if Miracle Max is in there could even go for 4 nights.

So I wouldn't be opposed to using it right away, but on night 1 the wolves are usually just randomly killing somebody anyway. I'm not convinced it's best to just use and forget about.

On the flipside, we could not use it and grandpa gets whacked night 1 randomly. So there's always that. But I think the potential down the road might make it worth it. Thoughts?
Old 07-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #117
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Left coaster checking in. Really busy next couple of days but will try and stay active.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #118
Telle
College Starter

Good morning all. Well it looks like I'm not the princess after all, so I guess we'll have to wait and see which one of you is wearing a skirt
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #119
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post #118:

2 - Darth Vilus - Autumn (98), Narcizo (102)
1 - Chief Rum - JAG (108)
1 - Narcizo - PackerFanatic (109)

Yet to check in: Darth Vilus, Passacaglia, Chief Rum, ntndeacon, dacman
Old 07-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #120
Autumn
Head Coach

Thank god Telle's playing, now we get vote counts!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #121
Autumn
Head Coach

I think there's a good chance with this number that Grandpa isn't in the game, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

I think after the mess we made of voting last game, we need to concentrate on having strong votes this game, give us something to analyze. Vote early, vote often!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #122
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Thank god Telle's playing, now we get vote counts!

Well I'm usually not a big talker in the games.. so it's good to have something to contribute
Old 07-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #123
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Votes as of post #118:

1 - Chief Rum - JAG (108)
1 - Narcizo - PackerFanatic (109)

Yet to check in: Darth Vilus, Passacaglia, Chief Rum, ntndeacon, dacman

I are a vanilla villager. Don't remember any of this about selecting items, I'll have to check it out again.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #124
The Jackal
Coordinator

Might as well throw something out there. I'm not sure I'll be here at the deadline tonight, spur of the moment dinner invite from some friends, no time set.

VOTE CHIEF RUM

SELECT IOCANE POWDER
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:51 AM   #125
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote narcizo
select wheelbarrow

Lets get them wolves!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #126
bhlloy
Coordinator

I like CR the most out of the three up there so far, at least until he checks in and gives us some indication he's going to be around this game

Vote CR
Select Wheelbarrow
Old 07-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #127
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
16 players with a possible convert. I'd say we likely have 3 wolves with a slight chance at 4.

+1.

I am going with three wolves and the neutral role. I would guess five roled villagers.

P.S. I am a vanilla villager.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #128
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Howdy y'all.

bhlloy, true, unless neither Max nor the cloak are in the game. I thin ED said all items might not be in the game.

I'm throwing down a vote for Chief Rum. He's not as active as he used to be and that makes him hard for me to read. Maybe this will light a fire under him (especially nice if he's wearing the holocaust cloak and holding a wheelbarrow):

Vote Chief Rum

And, guess I'll go for the wheelbarrow.

Select Wheelbarrow

Actually, I was going to make a concerted effort to be more active in this one, thank you. Of course, that means wolves will no doubt be more inclined to kill me quickly.

So if you want to leave your vote there, wolfy, I understand.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #129
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

SELECT IOCANE POWDER

Old 07-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #130
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I like CR the most out of the three up there so far, at least until he checks in and gives us some indication he's going to be around this game

Vote CR
Select Wheelbarrow

Done.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #131
bhlloy
Coordinator

Cool, it will be good to have you around and active for this one

I'll probably move that vote later to somebody who is less active as I really feel strongly about weeding out the coasters early on for once. For now I'm gonna leave it and see where the movement takes us.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #132
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I think the scanners on the wolf side and the possibility of a conversion happening (the Princess HAS to be in the game, even as a non-essential villager role, it's the Princess Bride game for Pete's sake, so we can count on a conversion possibility) makes for no more than three wolves. That would be too unbalancing to have a fourth on top of a conversiojn possibility.

Plus, neutral roles always find their way into games like these, so I am going to guess we have the Dread Pirate Roberts here as well. While that doesn't necessarily help the wolves, I'll bet that hurts the villagers more.

Going on this logic, I have to figure we have Humperdink, Vezzini and Count Rugen in the game. The Man in Black, Fezzik, Inigo, The Princess and Miracle Max would be in the game for the good guys, I think. And the Dread Pirate Roberts.

That's 9 roled players and 7 unrolled (all villagers). All items are in the game, presumeably.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #133
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

EF, sorry if this has already been asked. I see you have stated that not all the roles are in the game...

Question for the Mod: Do the wolves know what roles are in the game?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #134
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 132:

Darth Vilus 2 - Autumn (98), Narcizo (102)
Chief Rum 3 - JAG (108), The Jackal (124), bhlloy (126)
Narcizo 2 - PackerFanatic (109), mauboy1 (125)

Ioccane Powder - Narcizo (113), The Jackal (124), Chief Rum (129)
Wheelbarrow - Autumn (107), JAG (108), PackerFanatic (110), mauboy1 (125), bhlloy (126)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #135
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Roles

- The number of players that sign up will determine what roles are used.
- If there are unused roles the wolves will be told of one role that is not in the game.
- Only roles which are published in the roles posting will be in the game, no hidden roles (there may be hidden win conditions).

Last edited by EagleFan : 07-26-2011 at 12:29 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #136
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

Sure, just throw that it my face.

I was testing you, make sure you knew your own rules. Later on, I'm going to quiz you on Miracle Max; you better study up.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:35 PM   #137
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm not sure guys - it's the usual risk/reward, but potentially if Grandpa didn't use the power until after a seer reveal, potentially we could keep the seer alive for 3 more nights (BG/grandpa/BG) which is a pretty game changing mechanic, hell if Miracle Max is in there could even go for 4 nights.

I really don't see any drawback with it. Your scenario only works if Westley, Grandpa and Fizzik survive until the time that Westley reveals. Why take that risk when there's the chance to, basically, make it day one tomorrow except with a lot more information available to the village. Presuming the game is balanced then we have to make optimal use of all the powers available to us.

I still doubt that the role is in the game. Seems like the most likely village role to be culled.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #138
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am a little suspect of the run on CR givenhe can be a great asset to the village. For now

Vote Bholly
Vote Wheelbarrel
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #139
MrBug708
Head Coach

Vote - Autumn

Vote - Wheelbarrow
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #140
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Unvote CR

Nice to have you back.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #141
Autumn
Head Coach

Why's everybody loving the wheelbarrow so much?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #142
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Why's everybody loving the wheelbarrow so much?

Because if they go with the Iocane Powder, they're afraid they may need to use their wits to escape a lynch.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #143
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am a little suspect of the run on CR givenhe can be a great asset to the village. For now

Vote Bholly
Vote Wheelbarrel

The way he phrased his vote, "I like CR the most out of the three people up there" struck me as a bit odd. What do you like about him over the others? It's D1 and he hadn't made a post yet.

UNVOTE CR
VOTE BHLLOY
Old 07-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #144
bhlloy
Coordinator

Let's try and draw out another inactive player

Unvote CR
Vote ntndeacon
Old 07-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #145
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
The way he phrased his vote, "I like CR the most out of the three people up there" struck me as a bit odd. What do you like about him over the others? It's D1 and he hadn't made a post yet.

UNVOTE CR
VOTE BHLLOY

I pretty clearly stated it was because he hadn't shown up yet and had been very inactive in all the games he had played recently
Old 07-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #146
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I pretty clearly stated it was because he hadn't shown up yet and had been very inactive in all the games he had played recently

You said until he checks in, yes. Not the second thing. Having played with him a fair amount he tends to post in bunches when he has time to, though I also recall he's been inactive recently. But I don't think you said that!

It just struck me as weird, is all, maybe just me.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #147
The Jackal
Coordinator

The joy of overanalyzing the tone and language of posts on D1! Though it's not a terrible idea. Having much recent knowledge at the stress that goes into posting when you are a wolf, little things tend to come up in your language.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #148
The Jackal
Coordinator

FWIW I like drawing out inactive players early too. I think I've been on DV about that a lot lately, he seems to forget games have started or rarely post on D1 which makes it harder to read him later on.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:31 PM   #149
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
The way he phrased his vote, "I like CR the most out of the three people up there" struck me as a bit odd. What do you like about him over the others?

Well to be fair, one of them was me so it halfway makes sense.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #150
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post #148:

2 - Narcizo - PackerFanatic (109), mauboy (125)
2 - bhlloy - Lathum (138), The Jackal (143)
1 - Autumn - MrBug (139)
1 - ntndeacon - bhlloy (144)

Yet to vote: Danny, Darth Vilus, Passacaglia, Chief Rum, ntndeacon, dacman, Telle, JAG

Yet to check in: Darth Vilus, ntndeacon, dacman