Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #251
Danny
Head Coach

We now know that it wasn't really a mattter of anyone trying to save bhlloy.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #252
Danny
Head Coach

I can only guess they thought he had an important role.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #253
bhlloy
Coordinator

sorry guys, I just saw I died. peace

Last edited by bhlloy : 07-26-2011 at 09:22 PM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #254
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Went back to using IE after using Chrome for a little while and I am still having an issue with the View First Unread button. It takes me back to the same post as the very first time I used that button in the thread. It has done that ever snce I went to IE 9.

Has anyone else run into this? If so, have you found a solution for it?

Having problems with this as well, on this new laptop. I didn't have it on my old laptop (last month) that was running IE9.

Also having some issues with Pandora, and random display driver issues. I'm about at the point where I'm ready to really start digging into these issues and see if I can find some ways of improving my IE experience. Easy answer would be "other browser" but I'm now working for a pretty hardcore MS partner who would frown upon that behavior. So might as well figure it out ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #255
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I don't really have much on bhlloy besides a tiny bit of semantics, and DV is pinging all over.

unvote bhlloy
vote DV

You probably don't bother doing this as a wolf
Old 07-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #256
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
It's a bad play because they didn't vote him before he left. He wasn't in awful shape when he left and in the event he had an important role, it was a bad move for everyone to vote for him later rather than earlier

telle votes darth 5-5-4-1
darth unvotes narc 5-5-3-1
darth votes bhlloy 6-5-3-1
mauboy unvotes narc 6-5-2-1
mauboy votes darth 6-6-2-1
jackal unvotes bhlloy 6-5-2-1
jackal votes darth 7-5-2-1
bhlloy unvotes ntn 7-5-2
bhlloy votes darth 8-5-2
pf unvotes narc 8-5-1
pf votes darth 9-5-1

Darth was 5-5 with bhlloy when he voted, before leaving. You don't call that "in awful shape"? He knew he was leaving, he knew he had a very high chance of being lynched. This isn't a case of someone being blindsided while they were gone, at all.

That said, now that we know bhlloy was good we can put away the conspiracy theories anyway, since the wolves didn't need to do a thing in a 6-5 villager villager runoff.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #257
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
That's a rather surprising kill if you ask me, but at least he was vanilla. I sure had my sights on the wrong people today.

Agreed - really kills most of the voting from today, if you ask me (at least in terms of looking at the save angle)
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #258
Autumn
Head Coach

I have to think that bhlloy gave them a roled villager vibe, which I can see, I kind of got that from him too. I don't think I would have given away all that voting history based on it though, that's a gutsy call by the wolves.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #259
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm now fine (do you hear me bhlloy?) with going after some quiet players for day 2. I don't think there's much of anything to dredge out of the voting at this point to base votes on.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #261
Danny
Head Coach

I think Narcizo might be worth a look, but right now my gut says to vote Autumn. I'll wait on that for now though.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #262
Autumn
Head Coach

So Lathum, Mrbug, mauboy and ntn look like our quietest by post number so far. Lathum said he would be busy for a couple of days. NTN gets enough grief for being quiet without me helping. I'll be looking at the other two, especially mrbug who I recall just having two driveby votes.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #263
Danny
Head Coach

You know what, I waited long enough!

Vote Autumn

This may change, but I am going with my gut for now
Old 07-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #264
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Would have to put dacman in that list too, since he didn't show at all.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #265
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh a no show, didn't even notice that. Since he's new I'd give him a pass I guess.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #266
Autumn
Head Coach

I assume, Danny, I'm suffering from "Autumn talks enough he gets votes" syndrome, but is there anything particular making me ping you?

I haven't been very active, and not at all useful, the last couple games, so I'm trying to get back to my regular chatty, not much useful self.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #267
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
So Lathum, Mrbug, mauboy and ntn look like our quietest by post number so far. Lathum said he would be busy for a couple of days. NTN gets enough grief for being quiet without me helping. I'll be looking at the other two, especially mrbug who I recall just having two driveby votes.

While going after less active people isn't bad, it seems like you want to do so just for the sake of doing it. You also pretty clearly want to help set the candidate(s) early in the day which I like to do as a wolf also.

Out of the players you mention, Mau is the only one who was less active than their typical early play style / known availability.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #268
Autumn
Head Coach

I'll go ahead and put a vote up on Mr.Bug and get the fire under him. Mauboy I feel is likelier to get chatty on his own.

VOTE MRBUG708
Old 07-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #269
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I assume, Danny, I'm suffering from "Autumn talks enough he gets votes" syndrome, but is there anything particular making me ping you?

I haven't been very active, and not at all useful, the last couple games, so I'm trying to get back to my regular chatty, not much useful self.

It's not so much that, it was a bit if a vibe, and your last post is the one that got me to vote. It seems like you wanted to set the tone of candidates early and really had no reason for picking the people you did. Again, ntn always plays this way and he's not going to start posting a lot just because people vote him. Lathum said he was not to be real active today and Mr. Bug plays this way early in games and becomes more active as they go on.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #270
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
While going after less active people isn't bad, it seems like you want to do so just for the sake of doing it. You also pretty clearly want to help set the candidate(s) early in the day which I like to do as a wolf also.

Out of the players you mention, Mau is the only one who was less active than their typical early play style / known availability.

I want to do it for the sake of getting people on the block early, so we can get vote history. At least from my viewpoint, A day that mostly involved two villagers running off against each other isn't going to help me guide my vote, not at this point. Once we maybe clear or unclear another person or two it will help. So I think it's best to just have another day one, in a sense, get some people up there and start voting.

I actually don't like to set the vote as a wolf, I'm more likely to nudge it later. I am well aware that the person who talks first and talks the most gets their unfair share of suspicion. I'm willing to stick my nose out because I'm a villager, and because i think the village does better when we have a long day of voting history, not when people start throwing out votes at 3 pm or people mull over people without committing all day.

And also by your reckoning you're the one trying to set the vote, and you already admitted that's a Danny wolf move ;-)
Old 07-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #271
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Trying to find out if dacman will be able to play or if something came up (or a change of mind).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #272
Autumn
Head Coach

First of all, I already said that about NTN and Lathum, that's why I didn't vote them. Mr. Bug tends to just driveby vote, in my experience, unless pressed, so I'd rather press day two than day 8.

But my main point is not to vote them because they're acting suspiciously, but just to have a reason to vote someone. So I guess yo'ure right, I'm doing it just to do it. It feels like another day one to me. The only people who were pinging me day one are either dead or were pretty much cleared by the two results.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #273
Autumn
Head Coach

Also, coffee, and late night projects.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #274
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'll go ahead and put a vote up on Mr.Bug and get the fire under him. Mauboy I feel is likelier to get chatty on his own.

VOTE MRBUG708

Me? ME!? ME GET CHATTY!?

Crappy result today. I've got my own thoughts that I'll keep to myself for probably a day to see how it plays out today as I watch more closely what people say until tomorrow's deadline.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #275
Danny
Head Coach

Looks like we're both the one trying to set the vote, only this is the second day in a row you have done so.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #276
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I guess not crappy in the sense that we didn't hit a roled villager though.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #277
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote jackal
Old 07-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #278
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
First of all, I already said that about NTN and Lathum, that's why I didn't vote them. Mr. Bug tends to just driveby vote, in my experience, unless pressed, so I'd rather press day two than day 8.

But my main point is not to vote them because they're acting suspiciously, but just to have a reason to vote someone. So I guess yo'ure right, I'm doing it just to do it. It feels like another day one to me. The only people who were pinging me day one are either dead or were pretty much cleared by the two results.

This isn't day 1 though there is information to be gleamed. Some of it depends on Narcizo's allegiance, but in general I'd say it's more likely wolves had early to mid votes that never changed all day.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #279
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
vote jackal

Jackal is #1 on my trust list at this point. He made a late vote change from one villager to another. Not impossible, but unlikely a wolf does that
Old 07-26-2011, 09:53 PM   #280
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Looks like we're both the one trying to set the vote, only this is the second day in a row you have done so.

I think the record would show that I like to get the voting started early as a villager. And I have lots of reasons why I don't think it would actually work as a wolf to vote the way I have, but I won't bother getting into them. Everybody's gotta vote on something, and you've found something.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #281
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
This isn't day 1 though there is information to be gleamed. Some of it depends on Narcizo's allegiance, but in general I'd say it's more likely wolves had early to mid votes that never changed all day.

I'm all for hearing any theories, and it's not like my vote's set in stone. I just didn't see anything leaping out at me, so went a different direction.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #282
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Autumn
Vote Mauboy

Yeah, I might give it some more time for you. If you were a wolf you probably would have killed me last night.

As much as you have been pinging me, Mau's post about having thoughts, but wanting to keep them to himself pinged me even more
Old 07-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #283
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I have to admit, I wouldn't have killed you if I was a wolf. But then again I definitely would not have killed bhlloy.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #284
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I'm off for the night. Let's see those votes folks!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #285
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Unvote Autumn
Vote Mauboy

Yeah, I might give it some more time for you. If you were a wolf you probably would have killed me last night.

As much as you have been pinging me, Mau's post about having thoughts, but wanting to keep them to himself pinged me even more

You are funny.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #286
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not allowed to keep my thoughts to myself for a day to track what I feel might be decent information? Fair enough.

Good night everyone, I don't believe my boss will be around tomorrow so I should be able to post from phone. Yipee.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #287
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Having problems with this as well, on this new laptop. I didn't have it on my old laptop (last month) that was running IE9.

Also having some issues with Pandora, and random display driver issues. I'm about at the point where I'm ready to really start digging into these issues and see if I can find some ways of improving my IE experience. Easy answer would be "other browser" but I'm now working for a pretty hardcore MS partner who would frown upon that behavior. So might as well figure it out ...

Don't want to thread-jack any further, but if anyone else is having any of the above problems and wants to collaborate on trying to fix them I'm all for it.

I think I might have the Pandora one resolved, and the video driver stuff hasn't popped up yet tonight. But the FOFC "last thread" thing remains 100% screwed up.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #288
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's a bad play because they didn't vote him before he left. He wasn't in awful shape when he left and in the event he had an important role, it was a bad move for everyone to vote for him later rather than earlier

Well, it was a bad move if they're villagers. The wouldn't care much if they were wolves.

Of course, bhlloy being a villager means wolves wuldn't care, period.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #289
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I'm not allowed to keep my thoughts to myself for a day to track what I feel might be decent information? Fair enough.

But what purpose does that serve? If you're a villager you run the risk of letting the wolves dictate how things go or possibly get lynched or killed without saying anything
Old 07-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #290
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Don't want to thread-jack any further, but if anyone else is having any of the above problems and wants to collaborate on trying to fix them I'm all for it.

I think I might have the Pandora one resolved, and the video driver stuff hasn't popped up yet tonight. But the FOFC "last thread" thing remains 100% screwed up.

Tried a few different settings in IE9 but nothing yet.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:09 AM   #291
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

VOTE MRBUG708

I dont usually have much to say after the first day or two. I can't really defend myself at this point either as a villager. Unfortunately for the other villagers, I won't be around much the next two days either.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:34 AM   #292
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I realised that the wolves would, ideally, want to grab the powder. Which, like Darth, is why I went after it. Only I didn't think I needed to broadcast the fact. Personally if I were a wolf I would have gone after the wheelbarrow and certainly not been the first to go after the powder as that was bound to get some looks. Can't fault DV's reasoning though and I think it's a pity that he gets lynched on the first day he is actually active.

Lot of people keeping a low profile in the game. I'll be wanting to look at them. I'll look at the voting before seeing who I feel a bit better/worse about.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:39 AM   #293
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Killing Bhlloy is a strange move. I guess if the wolves thought he was roled they thought he would reveal if pushed as a lynch candidate this early and then get Fezzik's help. In fact if they thought he was Westley they might see this as their only shot to kill him for a long while, so that might explain it. I guess that bhlloy looked a bit eager to save himself which suggest wolf or, to the wolves, roled so that's probably what happened.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #294
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Day One

#98 12:39 Autumn votes Darth Vilus (1)
#102 01:59 Narcizo votes Darth Vilus (2)
#108 08:49 JAG votes Chief Rum (1)
#109 08:51 Packer votes Narcizo (1)
#124 11:18 Jackal votes Chief Rum (2)
#125 11:51 mau votes Narcizo (2)
#126 11:57 Bhlloy votes Chief Rum (3)

#138 13:39 Lathum votes Bhlloy (1)
#139 13:53 MrBug votes Autumn (1)
#140 13:54 JAG unvotes Chief Rum (2)
#143 14:18 Jackal unvotes Chief Rum (1)
#143 14:18 Jackal votes Bhlloy (2)
#144 14:18 Bhlloy unvotes Chief Rum (0)
#144 14:18 Bhlloy votes Ntndeacon (1)

#165 16:10 Ntndeacon votes Bhlloy (3)
#170 18:24 Passacaglia votes Darth Vilus (3)
#172 18:40 Darth Vilus votes Narcizo (3)
#190 19:13 Chief Rum votes Darth Vilus (4)
#192 19:23 MrBug unvotes Autumn (0)
#192 19:23 MrBug votes Narcizo (4)
#196 19:46 JAG votes Bhlloy (4)
#199 20:00 Danny votes Bhlloy (5)

#201 20:10 Telle votes Darth Vilus (5)
#217 20:45 Darth Vilus unvotes Narcizo (3)
#217 20:45 Darth Vilus votes Bhlloy (6)
#221 20:58 mau unvotes Narcizo (2)
#221 20:58 Mau votes Darth Vilus (6)
#223 21:03 Jackal unvotes Bhlloy (5)
#223 21:03 Jackal votes Darth Vilus (7)
#225 21:32 Bhlloy unvotes Ntndeacon (0)
#225 21:32 Bhlloy votes Darth Vilus (8)
#226 21:35 Packer unvotes Narcizo (1)
#226 21:35 Packer votes Darth Vilus (9)

Darth Vilus 9 - Autumn (98), Narcizo (102), Passacaglia (170), Chief Rum (190), Telle (201), mauboy1 (221), The Jackal (223), bhlloy (225), PackerFanatic (226)
bhlloy 5 - Lathum (138), ntndeacon (165), JAG (196), Danny (199), Darth Vilus (217)
Narcizo 1 - MrBug 708 (192)

Old 07-27-2011, 01:07 AM   #295
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

OK I think whoever got the powder should 'fess up. No reason for a villager not to do so as far as I can see. If no-one admits it then we know that the wolves got it.

I didn't get the powder.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:08 AM   #296
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I dont usually have much to say after the first day or two. I can't really defend myself at this point either as a villager. Unfortunately for the other villagers, I won't be around much the next two days either.

There's not saying anything and then there's, you know, saying the absolute bear minimum of switching your vote. And if you're not going to be around the next two days you're not giving us anything to work on with regards to you.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:13 AM   #297
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I think Narcizo might be worth a look,

That's what the ladies are always saying about me.

I agree that from an information-gathering point of view a run-off between me and Chief would ideally be the way to go. Wonder if the wolves thought that as well.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:19 AM   #298
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Ah what? I was a vanilla villager? Who would have thought! Didn't see that one coming!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:20 AM   #299
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

personally i think the wolves got scared of me

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-27-2011, 01:20 AM   #300
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

And they should've been!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise