Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-14-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Evil Dead YARD Thread -- DO NOT ENTER (unless told to, then come on in)

You are in the yard of an old rustic cabin. Around you the woods go on endlessly. You can see a trail leading off through the trees. Nearby stands a shed, its open door creaking on its rusty hinges.

You can stay here and INVESTIGATE the YARD, hike through the WOODS, or enter the CABIN.

Around you you see echoes of the past, like movies playing out around you of others. It is eerie and they open in pockets in various places. You can hear their conversations, but the sound is very distorted. Are these ghosts? Or just images of the past.

That's funny, remember that TRAIL that was there before? Well, it ain't there no more. Like the woods just swallowed 'er up.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-19-2011 at 03:46 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

IMPORTANT! If my PM box gets clogged, email me at [email protected]. I will be monitoring that too.

Good:Most characters are good. You have traveled to a remote cabin in some dark woods for your own reasons, some are with friends, some are alone. All are unsuspecting.

Evil:Evil wins when they achieve a 1:1 ratio of good-evil.

Win Conditions:

Good wins when they eliminate all evil characters in the game.

Voting:
Each day you will vote for a player. The format should be as normal: vote crimson Fox
To unvote a player and vote someone else:
unvote crimson fox
vote someoneelse

Deadline:
Day Action Deadline is 9 PM EST/6 PM PST
Night Deadline is 10 PM EST/7 PM PST
Lynch (End of Day Cycle):Ties equal no lynch. Nolynch is also a voting option.

Basic Game Rules:
1. No editing posts.
2. No discussing game with outside people. Check with me if you are confused about being out of the game before posting in other outside threads.
3. The deadites will eat you. Every bit of you, except maybe your blood. They like exploding that all over the walls.
4. Don't die.
5. Protect your blood. Make sure it stays inside you.
6. Conditional orders are allowed to make sure you don't perform an action on someone who has died so give multiple names just in case.
7. Do not direct quote anyone from PM or another thread. You may say things from the other thread but the source must be gone. NEVER direct quote a PM.

Unique things to this game:

Rooms:
There are a number of locations in this game. Each represented by a thread. You may only read a room/thread that you are in. You may not read a different thread unless you are told to. This thread is considered the YARD (and shed).

Descriptions:
Pay attention to room descriptions. They tell you where you can go and look.

Investigation:
Investigation acts like both moving and searching. It works like voting. You will be given options as to where you can investigate.
Format:
INVESTIGATE CLOSET
This will take you into the "closet" thread. You will also be told privately whether you find anything in the closet. Only one person will get the object if multiple people look there.
You may choose to INVESTIGATE a room you are already in and thus not move to another room but search for things.
INVESTIGATIONS are due by Lynch time.

Items:
There are objects in this game. You may find them by investigating an area. Once you have them, you may pass them or hold onto them. Other things may happen. To pass them, you PM me as a night action. Items may end up back in a room.

Items and Ability:You might not be able to use an item you find. There are two main types: weapons and spells. You will be told at the game's beginning which type you can use. (One or the other).

Results:

You will only know certain results when you see them, meaning are in the same room to see them. If someone dies and they aren't with you, you won't know what they are until you go to their location (but it will be obvious). If you find a dead someone in a room through investigation and they have an object, you can get their object.

Time:
Although we are still using day/night cycle, this all takes place in one night.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-15-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:57 AM   #3
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Victims
Victim #1: Darth Vilus
Victim #2: Autumn
Victim #3: Chief Rum
Victim #4: Danny - Dead. Human
Victim #5: Zinto
Victim #6: J23
Victim #7: Narcizo
Victim #8: bhlloy
Victim #9: MrBug
Victim #10: ntndeacon
Victim #11: dzilla77
Victim #12: mckerney
Victim #13: dubb
Victim #14: The Jackal
Victim #15: mauboy
Victim #16: Commo_Soldier
Victim #17: tyketime

This list may be updated during the game, but not necessarily with info from other threads. You are free to make your own assumptions and discoveries and post your own lists as you wish.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-19-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:16 AM   #4
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 09-14-2011, 06:29 AM   #5
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You come up to this isolated cabin and no one seems about except there are people with you. You didn't expect that. Who are they? What do they want? Hmmmm... You are not sure you like these creepy woods. And the cabin in front of you seems like less of a good idea now. You definitely feel you should vote for someone in this room today.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:34 AM   #6
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*Post your VOTE and INVESTIGATE in this thread only*

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-14-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
bhlloy
Coordinator

uh, anyone else getting a bad feeling about this guys? it's getting dark and there is music playing in the background. it's never good when there is music playing in the background
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #8
bhlloy
Coordinator

My first instinct is it's never good in these kind of scenarios to go trekking through the woods, but I wonder if there's not some kind of risk/reward behind it for that reason.

The other interesting mechanic I see is that we aren't necessarily going to know who from the other rooms is still around and for that reason, the voting is going to be really fragmented and we could get into a situation where the biggest room wins by default if they consolidate their vote. Definitely challenging.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #9
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

Ah man, I'll bet there's gonna be a tank in there.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #10
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You walk up to this secluded cabin and look around. The wind howls through the trees and it seems like every door creaks. Those trees sure are big. And there are others with you. Between the trees and these others you feel unsafe this far away from civilization. You decide to vote for one of them.

Not knowing any names, you call yourselves:

J23, bhlloy, and mckerney
Old 09-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Rereading the rules is a good idea. I have made a couple minor alterations so just make yourself clear on things.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #12
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm thinking of either going into the shed to try to find an item or of heading into the cabin to meet up with more people since it seems splitting up in these kinds of situations never goes over too well.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #13
J23
College Benchwarmer

Hey CF, can we vote for people not in our immediate area? Also, can we read the main thread in addition to this one or just this thread? I thought I remembered something from the original thread about it, but I didn't want to chance looking back at it to check.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #14
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You see no one to vote for but the three of you here. There are trees nearby. And a shed. I suppose you could VOTE SHED and see what the shed thinks of that.

The main thread has nothing in it but the rules posted here and the signup list. But I've brought the rules and list over here so there's nothing over there you need to see except Barkeep being a smartass.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #15
bhlloy
Coordinator

Interesting mechanic. There are 17 players so I'm pretty confident there must be a bigger group than the 3 of us. So if we split our vote, you would have thought we would all make it through the day (at least if there is one person going down per day like a regular WW game)

Or to make it absolutely certain, we could try a nolynch. I wonder if other "rooms" are thinking the same thing.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #16
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Investigations: none
Votes: none
Yet to vote: everyone

The shed votes for you all.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #17
bhlloy
Coordinator

Investigate Cabin

I figure this will be most people's choice, and getting everyone in the same place early would seem to make for a more informed game. Plus the person going into the woods alone always gets killed.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #18
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
My first instinct is it's never good in these kind of scenarios to go trekking through the woods, but I wonder if there's not some kind of risk/reward behind it for that reason.

The other interesting mechanic I see is that we aren't necessarily going to know who from the other rooms is still around and for that reason, the voting is going to be really fragmented and we could get into a situation where the biggest room wins by default if they consolidate their vote. Definitely challenging.

My first instinct here is that it's never good to go into the creepy building.

Investigate Trail
Old 09-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #19
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Investigations:
Cabin - bhlloy
Trail - mckerney

Votes: None
Old 09-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #20
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The trees rustle in the wind over head. The light which peeked in through their boughs, shining beams upon you suddenly goes out as if someone switched off the sun. It is definitely darker now around you. Odd weather we're having.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #21
J23
College Benchwarmer

investigate cabin

I don't think splitting up is the best option.

I think I'm ok with a split vote counting on the other rooms to lynch someone.

vote mckerney
Old 09-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #22
J23
College Benchwarmer

Just for clarity's sake, I meant splitting up to go off into the woods alone isn't a good idea. It just seems the fastest way to die in these kinds of environments.

I'm ok w/ splitting the vote though.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #23
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
investigate cabin

I don't think splitting up is the best option.

I think I'm ok with a split vote counting on the other rooms to lynch someone.

vote mckerney

Hopefully lynch is only one aggregate of all rooms, a split vote here works for me.

Vote bholly
Old 09-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #24
bhlloy
Coordinator

Vote j23

I'll complete the split. Interesting idea about sticking together. I could be persuaded to follow suit
Old 09-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #25
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Investigations:
Cabin - bhlloy, j23
Trail - mckerney

Votes:
mckerney - j23 (21)
bhlloy - mckerney (23)
j23 - bhlloy (24)

Old 09-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #26
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm just saying that I think it might be dangerous to go off on your own. I'll leave it up to you if you want to take that risk
Old 09-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #27
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

DEAD-line
Old 09-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #28
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You decide that despite being in a creepy secluded place and meeting 2 other creepy secluded people, they are cool enough hang out with in a yard. You decide you can all stay.

bhlloy and j23 step onto the porch and into the front room of the cabin. mckerney finds a trail through the woods and starts off.

[Do not switch threads until I tell you in PM. Until then you may continue to post here. I will send investigate results later. You may send night actions now. I have to run now so results for night will be late tonight (10 PM PST maybe)
Old 09-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #29
bhlloy
Coordinator

So I guess the "you can all stay" means we survived the day portion at least. That's good.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:34 PM   #30
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The air goes quiet. A shudder on the side of the house bangs against the wood. From within you hear a tinny older voice of a man. You are able to make out the words although it is a little muffled.

This is Professor Raymond Knowby dept of Ancient History, log entry number 2. I believe I have made a significant find at Castle Kantok, having journeyed there with my wife Henrietta, my daughter Annie and Associate Professor Ed Getz. Noturum Demonta, The Book of the Dead. My wife and I brought the book to this cabin where I could study it undisturbed. It was here that I began the translation. The book speaks of spiritual prescence, a thing of evil that roams the forests in the dark bowers of man’s domain. It is through the recitation of these passages that this dark spirit is given license to possess the living. Included here are the phonetic pronunciations of those passages.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #31
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Kanda...Es-trata...Ta-toon...Hazan
Old 09-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #32
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

sobar...Ear-Grets, Gat,
Old 09-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #33
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The shudders slam again.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #34
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

...Nos-feratos...Amantos...Kanda!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:53 AM   #35
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

dzilla, mauboy, and Commo_Soldier all arrive into the yard from the trail. There is no one else about.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-15-2011 at 01:54 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:24 AM   #36
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You are overwhelmed and bowled over by an incredible force which breaks through the trees overhead and zooms off. Across from you, you see faces appear. Some you have seen before. They are in locations around here. You dislike this. You want to vote one of them out. You think there is something bad going on. Very very bad. The darkness increases.

Vote for anyone in the game.
You may still investigate.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #37
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Well, now that we can vote for anyone that makes things better. Before deciding who to vote on in what seems like Day 1 all over again, I'm going to keep consolidating and head into the Cabin and hope Bhlloy and J23 are still there.

Investigate Cabin
Old 09-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #38
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

investigate cabin

I don't want to be left alone so for now I'll follow but I may decide to stay in the yard as it looks like we may be able to see or hear what is going on inside the house from here... I just don't want to be left alone regardless so if dzilla wants to hang out in yard I'm probably game for that.

As for the vote.. nothing happened in the trail where I was at to stick a vote on any of them. Dv suggested we pile all our votes on someone outside the thread before we knew for sure we were only to vote for people in thread.

Dunno though..
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #39
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Do we know if anyone got lynched or nightkilled last night?

Investigate cabin.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #40
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

I think we have to see a body to know if they are dead, I'd assume at least one person was killed by night kill if nothing else. Curious if people in the cabin could hear the shutter noise.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #41
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Note the new rule 7. Do not direct quote anyone from another thread or PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #42
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You hear screaming coming from the woods, then it ends abruptly.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #43
dzilla77
High School Varsity

I knew the woods was a bad place to be
Old 09-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #44
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Votes: None
Investigations:
Cabin - Commo, mauboy, dzlila

The crickets chirp. things are quiet.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #45
dzilla77
High School Varsity

I'll throw out a random vote -

Vote Narcizo
Old 09-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #46
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You may pass one item to anyone else in your room. PM this info to me.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #47
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

This thread was pretty quiet today.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #48
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I guess I need to vote somebody.

vote dv
Old 09-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #49
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Kind of random, but
Vote dv
Because of the late switch to the woods and the screaming we heard.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #50
dzilla77
High School Varsity

You know - its probably better to pile on one, since we don't know what's going on.

Unvote Narcizo
Vote dv