Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #51
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

A creaking is heard in the background, like that of a rocking chair.

CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #52
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

sobar...Ear-Grets, Gat,

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-14-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #53
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

...Nos-feratos...Amantos...Kanda!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #54
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Narcizo and tyketime are pleased with their decision to shun Danny since the music stinks. It's oldguy rap. They start to loot the kitchen and study. They do find a picture of a woman as well as an older couple and a pair of glasses.

Chief Rum just stands there. Eventually he sits in a chair and stays there listening to the tape.

[You may continue to post in this thread except for Danny. Results of investigations coming later in PM. I have to run out and will finish up later tonight as well as Night Results. Send in night actions if you have them. Will do this around 10 PM PST. You may continue posting here, except for Danny.]

Old 09-15-2011, 12:57 AM   #55
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Read the rules? Pah! Do we look like the sort of people who read rules?

Anyway - that sucked having Danny, Chief and tyke in the same thread and having to vote one of them. My 1337 powers of rule avoidance meant I didn't "have" to vote for one of them anyway.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:28 AM   #56
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

So old guy recites the passage and is possessed by evil spirit. Then Chief listens to tape. DUN-DUN-DURR!!!!!! Any in-game reason you're particularly interested in the tape Chief?

Wonder if there are actually no bad guys to start with or just one and bad guys make up their numbers with conversions.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:52 AM   #57
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Narcizo, tyketime, and Chief Rum all continue to be the Study. You hear things outside the door in the Cabin Front Room. Voices and clattering.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-15-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:59 AM   #58
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Go to Main Cabin
Old 09-15-2011, 02:04 AM   #59
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Vote Chief

he was acting differently from the majority of people in the study. He must be a baddy.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #60
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

In fact Chief, why would you choose not to investigate the study? I don't see the point of hanging around here if you're not actually going to do anything.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:27 AM   #61
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You are overwhelmed and bowled over by an incredible force which breaks through the air overhead and zooms off. Across from you, you see faces appear. Some you have seen before. They are in locations around here. You dislike this. You want to vote one of them out. You think there is something bad going on. Very very bad. The darkness increases.

Vote for anyone in the game.
You may still investigate.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:10 AM   #62
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Okay given that I guess we should decide how to vote. Should we bloc-vote someone or what? As much as I think Chief is as good a vote as anyone at this stage I doubt he'll get any votes from anywhere else so it's probably a wasted vote if I leave it on him.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:09 AM   #63
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Okay given that I guess we should decide how to vote. Should we bloc-vote someone or what? As much as I think Chief is as good a vote as anyone at this stage I doubt he'll get any votes from anywhere else so it's probably a wasted vote if I leave it on him.
I'm not interested in voting either you or Chief out at this point, so I'm good with looking elsewhere.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:13 AM   #64
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I do want to briefly talk about Danny for a minute. According to the description, Danny is only "sent away". Not killed, but obviously not in this room anymore either. So any suggestions on what happened to him? I think the rules stated it would be obvious if we were in a room with a victim, so all signs point to him still being alive. As to whether he's been turned to Evil, or already was bad, we don't know at this point.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #65
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I am here to meet up with the Professor who owns this cabin. But I haven't found him yet, and no one has heard from him for a while.
Before we leave the Study, I do have a question for you, Chief. Why were you here to meet up with the Professor? In fact, how do you know the Professor?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #66
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I can't imagine what happened to the people voted. I presume there was one from each thread. Maybe they have been moved to their own little thread or something.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #67
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

We're really not going to get a lot achieved here, just three of us. It's like an end game without anything to go on. We've got no information to work with.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #68
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Seems like you are right Narcizo. So before we head out to the Main room, do you have any feeling/reservation based on Chief's point that moving into the same room may enhance/improve Evil's ability to communicate with each other?

Quote:
Hmm, yes and no. If we group them together in one room, yes, they would have a better chance to influence things. But it's as likely if not more likely to give us more good guys in one area, too. I view it as a wash, especially if the bad guys are already in communication with one another.

My concern is more with the possibility that they are not able to communicate right now and us all moving to one room will make it so they can.

Incidentally, if we presume that every group is having a similar Day One voting situation, I find it unlikely that all Day One final lynches in the four areas will be killed today. I would guess those four will be the field from which the actual lynchee is selected.

So even if we vote someone here, it seems unlikely they'll be the one to be lynched.

At this point, I don't really see any alternative. I'm inclined to go ahead and move into the Main room. While we will have safety in numbers, it will also allow us to get more information so we can collectively begin rooting Evil out.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #69
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

MOVE to MAIN ROOM
Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #70
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
Seems like you are right Narcizo. So before we head out to the Main room, do you have any feeling/reservation based on Chief's point that moving into the same room may enhance/improve Evil's ability to communicate with each other?

Nope.

I know I'm not going to help win the game sat here. The only way I can see it benefiting the bad guys is if they can't communicate and don't know who each other are. But then it would be totally random anyway. If the bad guy/s have any extra knowledge then staying here is depriving the village of any contribution we might be able to make - there'll be no decent voting records, basically nothing to go off of at all.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #71
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

So anything of interest you would like to share Mr Rum?
Old 09-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #72
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hey folks, sorry was out all night after working the second job.

The reason you don't see me doing anything is because I forgot to submit a Study request (:forehead slap. So, way to go, Chief!

As I surmised, Danny does not seem to be dead. If we assumed every team had to vote for someone in their group, that would have been four lynches. No way CF has a four lynch day in his game. Sorta metagamey, but not a surprise.

Given the action going on in the main room, I agree, we should head there.

MOVE TO MAIN ROOM

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #73
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Before we leave the Study, I do have a question for you, Chief. Why were you here to meet up with the Professor? In fact, how do you know the Professor?

I am apparently an associate of the Professor's. I wasn't told why I am meeting him here, though. He owns this cabin.

I presume the Professor (not named to me) is the one and same Professor on the tape.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #74
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Hey! We've all posted in a 30-minute timeframe...

So, any ideas on who to vote for, or should we throw a name or two out there for our consideration?
Old 09-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #75
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I don't think we necessarily know if Danny is dead or not. Or anyone else for that matter. But we'll see.

Anyway should we bloc-vote? I don't really have any candidates except the usual UTR players. Obviously.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #76
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

My candidates would be pretty much DV, ntn or Bug. DV won't post unless you put a rocket up his behind (which we can't do), ntn won't post anyway and Bug won't post until day four or so.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #77
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

If Danny is dead, then the deed did not occur in the Study. If he is not dead, then I would suspect he may have been turned evil. Any thought to throwing another vote his way? I don't think we will gain any sort of voting information one way or the other. So it's either him, or a totally random vote.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #78
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
My candidates would be pretty much DV, ntn or Bug. DV won't post unless you put a rocket up his behind (which we can't do), ntn won't post anyway and Bug won't post until day four or so.
In the very few games I've played, Darth has always been a UTR player. I have less experience with the others.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #79
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't like the concept of voting blind. We don't know what these players outside of our room have been doing.

Are we certain we can vote for them? That we're not stuck with the same situation as yesterday, needing to vote one of the three of us?

Old 09-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #80
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
You are overwhelmed and bowled over by an incredible force which breaks through the air overhead and zooms off. Across from you, you see faces appear. Some you have seen before. They are in locations around here. You dislike this. You want to vote one of them out. You think there is something bad going on. Very very bad. The darkness increases.

Vote for anyone in the game.
You may still investigate.
Yup - voting is wide open now...
Old 09-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #81
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
If Danny is dead, then the deed did not occur in the Study. If he is not dead, then I would suspect he may have been turned evil. Any thought to throwing another vote his way? I don't think we will gain any sort of voting information one way or the other. So it's either him, or a totally random vote.

I can pretty much gaurantee that if we did all vote for Danny he would get three votes today. Nobody else is going to vote him. Much the same as voting Chief.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #82
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I don't like the concept of voting blind. We don't know what these players outside of our room have been doing.

The only other way is not to vote but then we won't get any information at all. I think we have to do what we can to get some information out there when we get to the main room.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #83
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The only other way is not to vote but then we won't get any information at all. I think we have to do what we can to get some information out there when we get to the main room.

This will be an interesting social experiment then. What will that tell players like ntn or DV if we vote for them purely on past gameplay? Oh well...

I am fine with any of the candidates proferred. I would probably go with ntn first.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #84
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
This will be an interesting social experiment then. What will that tell players like ntn or DV if we vote for them purely on past gameplay? Oh well..
I am not unsympathetic to your point, Chief. In fact, it was either my 1st or 2nd game here that I questioned the whole metagame aspect. I would tend to agree that it would be a douche thing to do. Especially in light of the fact we don't know what their contributions are in this game. So I can be easily swayed away from those names.

Quote:
I can pretty much gaurantee that if we did all vote for Danny he would get three votes today. Nobody else is going to vote him. Much the same as voting Chief.
Isn't this Chief's point, but just the reverse? Some players likely to be voted out early (regardless of game play in that specific game), and others who get a longer free pass (presumably because of past contributions). In the long run, don't the results tend to run similar (not necessarily villagers vs wolves, but same cast of characters down the stretch)?
Old 09-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #85
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Isn't this Chief's point, but just the reverse? Some players likely to be voted out early (regardless of game play in that specific game), and others who get a longer free pass (presumably because of past contributions). In the long run, don't the results tend to run similar (not necessarily villagers vs wolves, but same cast of characters down the stretch)?

Yeah, Narcizo more or less say the same thing in different ways. Same as DV or ntn garnering votes for past play, it's unlikely Danny or I, veteran players with strong past records, will be voted out blindly, unless some serious wolf action is involved.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #86
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I'm gonna go grab lunch, and then I will be in a couple of meetings this afternoon, so I at least want to get a vote out there. I should be around some early evening to discuss and/or change my vote. I'm gonna pick a couple of names (bhlloy and dubb), and then randomly vote one of these two. It's not a perfect idea, in fact, it's darn near as random as it gets...

VOTE dubb
Old 09-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #87
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

INVESTIGATE is all you need to do to go places. There is no "GO"
Old 09-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #88
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Note the new rule 7. Do not direct quote anyone from another thread or PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #89
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm gonna go grab lunch, and then I will be in a couple of meetings this afternoon, so I at least want to get a vote out there. I should be around some early evening to discuss and/or change my vote. I'm gonna pick a couple of names (bhlloy and dubb), and then randomly vote one of these two. It's not a perfect idea, in fact, it's darn near as random as it gets...

VOTE dubb

Dubb's a very good player. He can be a great wolf or a great villager. He's been away a while and got killed off early last game so I won't be voting for him. I actually think there might be something up with Chief. He seems to be much more compliant than ususual. I do agree about the reasoning for voting DV or NTN erring on the sucky side. Don't know where else to go though.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #90
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Investigate main cabin then, Mr Picky.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #91
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dubb's a very good player. He can be a great wolf or a great villager. He's been away a while and got killed off early last game so I won't be voting for him. I actually think there might be something up with Chief. He seems to be much more compliant than ususual. I do agree about the reasoning for voting DV or NTN erring on the sucky side. Don't know where else to go though.

Bad read. We don't have any information, so there's really nothing for me to get excited or contentious about.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:32 PM   #92
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yup.

INVESTIGATE MAIN CABIN ROOM

Old 09-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #93
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Furthering on the dodgy Chief vibe - I don't like him voting Danny yesterday and, effectively, closing the voting debate as he knew I wouldn't be around. Vote me and seeing how Danny responds would be my move in his shoes. Does Danny just go along and vote me to save himself or does he try to shift the vote.

Over-analysis at its greatest but I'm going to stay with my vote.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #94
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Bad read. We don't have any information, so there's really nothing for me to get excited or contentious about.

We don't have any information so we have to get excited and contentious about every little detail we can pick up on in this thread.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #95
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Other strategies I can think of for voting is voting someone we think is a better wolf than villager. Don't really have any idea who would fall into that category without Lathum in the game though.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #96
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Actually I'd probably put Dubb in that category and probably mauboy. And the whole UTR favouring a wolf player would probably land NTN and DV in there as well.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #97
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

It will be interesting to see what other people have been saying though. Of course Crimson could have made a new thread for each area every turn to really make things tough.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #98
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Talking to myself again.

Yes, you are.

Etc etc.

No I'll leave my vote.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #99
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Got a few minutes before next meeting starts...

Quote:
You know, in addition to a sense of Evil in the room, I'm also getting a vibe that is a pain in my ass...

INVESTIGATE MAIN ROOM
Old 09-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #100
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Talking to myself again.

Yes, you are.

Etc etc.

No I'll leave my vote.
Funny, I read that and immediately thought of Gollum/Smeagol...