Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #151
The Jackal
Coordinator

He said it looked like gibberish to him but asked in our thread if anyone could cast spells, then said he was just going to recite it himself and see what happened (probably because he didn't trust Autumn) and then gave it to me later.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #152
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
If you guys want me to recite the spell because it might be a page from the book, I'm perfectly willing to do that. All I know about the spell is that the parchment shows a winged creature.
If you (the group) don't mind, I'd like to know a little more before we start casting spells. Has anyone else come across a spell and were you able to decipher it? I think Danny mentioned in MAIN room that he had a spell. I want to know if we can distinguish good vs bad spells. Or the three mentioned in the text versus other spells/abilities.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #153
The Jackal
Coordinator

Yeah I'm not going to just pull the trigger without some consensus. As you can see I have my own doubts about it or I would have cast it already. I'm not sure if it's supposed to protect me or attack someone or what.

Also it might be prudent to wait until we had all three pieces of parchment at the same time before casting anything, but that might be tough.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #154
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
He said it looked like gibberish to him but asked in our thread if anyone could cast spells, then said he was just going to recite it himself and see what happened (probably because he didn't trust Autumn) and then gave it to me later.
OK, well in that case I will reveal that I also had a parchment that contained red ink and symbols that I could not read. So I passed it on to someone else, who is a Spells expert and is in the Study with us. So... if that person can read the spell, and it helps out the Villagers, maybe it's time to let us know...

So is it possible we have two here with us?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #155
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I was holding the reveal because I found it here in the Study on Day 1, and I am a weapons expert. Danny claimed in the Main room to have both a spell and a weapon (the knife from ntn's back). I'd be a little surprised there were two parchments in the Study, so I had that as a bit of suspicion against Danny. Nothing more concrete than that.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #156
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
If you guys want me to recite the spell because it might be a page from the book, I'm perfectly willing to do that. All I know about the spell is that the parchment shows a winged creature.

If you are just a vanilla I think we should wait and have Annie read them as you may turn one of our already dead into undead.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #157
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Investigate Study
Old 09-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #158
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Oops,
Univestigate Study
Investigate Cabin Main Room
Old 09-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #159
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

I agree with Tyke, I think we saw what there is to see here. I think we should head to the main room, then the cellar if Autumn has not come back up. Speaking of the cellar, was Autumn the only one down there this turn now?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #160
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
If you are just a vanilla I think we should wait and have Annie read them as you may turn one of our already dead into undead.
That's a good point (regarding having Annie read it - not sure what to make of the dead/undead theory). I just reread description again, and it says read the three passages (from the book). That's why I want to know about the other parchment in the room. The one Jackal has is named Summon Demon. I would like to know if that differs from how the other spell/passage in the room is named.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #161
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
I agree with Tyke, I think we saw what there is to see here. I think we should head to the main room, then the cellar if Autumn has not come back up. Speaking of the cellar, was Autumn the only one down there this turn now?
As far as I know - yes. He was the only one of the 7 of us that were in the Main Room that went a different direction.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #162
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

As for tonights vote, any ideas? I had a bad feeling about Chief and Autumn before that, but am not so sure on Autumn now. I'm going to vote incase my work gets hectic again today and I can't make it back, I will hopefully be able to follow on my phone today at work.
Vote DZ

Doing this because of how quite DZ has been, can't remember anything of note this game DZ has done. As stated willing to change if someone has a better candidate
Old 09-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #163
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
That's a good point (regarding having Annie read it - not sure what to make of the dead/undead theory). I just reread description again, and it says read the three passages (from the book). That's why I want to know about the other parchment in the room. The one Jackal has is named Summon Demon. I would like to know if that differs from how the other spell/passage in the room is named.

So is the parchment not a spell it self but a passage in the book of the dead? If so I'd have to say the book is in the game and if no one has mentioned it I hope it is not in wolf hands.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #164
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
OK. So bhlloy is alive. We heard a gunshot, but he clearly wasn't a victim, and no other bodies in here. Looks like he has a gun and can somehow shoot at others?

For me, not a lot of new information happened in the Study while I was away. So I'm focusing more on CF's descriptions. Seems to me we have to pass three pages to Annie. If she then recites the passges, she will dispel the evil. Not sure if that is a global win, or maybe a victory condition for her.

So any chance the parchments that have been mentioned were pages from the book?

Last thoughts before I'm off to work. Wasn't NTN killed through a mirror? Maybe this is how killings are done in distant areas, so if anyone has a day by day breakdown, or we could wait until main room, we can try to piece together who is all alive and who is dead.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #165
J23
College Benchwarmer

investigate Cabin

I'd be awfully careful about casting a spell that summons a demon as a good guy. That just doesn't seem like a good idea.

I think the plan was to all try to meet up in the main cabin area tomorrow, right? Hopefully the people outside from the woods/yard will have headed in by then and we can try to get a good discussion amongst everyone.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #166
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I'd be awfully careful about casting a spell that summons a demon as a good guy. That just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Yeah.. that's why I haven't cast it. But it's good that the info is out there now, I felt too sneaky keeping it in. I'll just hold on to it for now until we have a better idea of what we're supposed to do.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #167
The Jackal
Coordinator

INVESTIGATE MAIN CABIN
Old 09-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #168
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The parchment I had was pure gibberish to me. I couldn't make anything out on it.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #169
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
There is another crash and boom and a door creaks open. This is a different door you hadn't opened before. Suddenly there is a bzzzzing noise from it and the bluewhite stuttery light of electricity. You all approach very cautiously, squeezing each other's hands. Then you open the door. There is a rush of wind as you enter. and then a face appears. It is not a face you recognize.
CF: Did this door disappear permanently, or do we have another entry/exit from the Study?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #170
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I don't want to wait too late to put my vote in today - not sure what my availability will be tonight. I think the only vote so far is for dzilla (by Commo). Let me check...
Old 09-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #171
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
CF: Did this door disappear permanently, or do we have another entry/exit from the Study?

it's just a little side room. No other exits.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #172
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm starting to have doubts about my faith in Jackal. I'm not sure it is enough to vote him today, but Autumn mentioned yesterday about Jackal playing the middle ground striking him as odd. It struck me as odd both yesterday and today but I didn't want to say anything at the time b/c I wanted to call Jackal on the parchment today.

Tyke--Why did you choose to pass your parchment? Are you sure you put it in the right hands? Any doubts since you passed it that you may have made a bad decision?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #173
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't want to wait too late to put my vote in today - not sure what my availability will be tonight. I think the only vote so far is for dzilla (by Commo). Let me check...
OK - That looks right to me. I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about the rest of us in here. And I gleaned nothing about bhlloy from his solo stay in here. Actually, that's not quite true. He did vote for Chief Rum, as I did in the last vote.

I'm starting to feel the same way about dzilla that Commo has. You haven't really given us a lot to work with - at least the few days I've been in the same room. And I guess that may mean I misjudged you. I think I want to hear something more from you. Especially in light of the fact that the parchment I found I passed to you. I want to get that out on the record in case something nefarious happens to me - I trust the others will know you had a part to play. If I've misjudged you, then please accept my apology. But you must also know that with this style game (multiple rooms), information is even more at a premium. I/We need to see more input from you. I'll gladly change my vote if you chime in with some reasonable explanations & analysis. Until then...

VOTE DZILLA
Old 09-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #174
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
OK - That looks right to me. I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about the rest of us in here. And I gleaned nothing about bhlloy from his solo stay in here. Actually, that's not quite true. He did vote for Chief Rum, as I did in the last vote.

I'm starting to feel the same way about dzilla that Commo has. You haven't really given us a lot to work with - at least the few days I've been in the same room. And I guess that may mean I misjudged you. I think I want to hear something more from you. Especially in light of the fact that the parchment I found I passed to you. I want to get that out on the record in case something nefarious happens to me - I trust the others will know you had a part to play. If I've misjudged you, then please accept my apology. But you must also know that with this style game (multiple rooms), information is even more at a premium. I/We need to see more input from you. I'll gladly change my vote if you chime in with some reasonable explanations & analysis. Until then...

VOTE DZILLA

Wait, I thought dzilla started with me not you? Why would you pass anything to him? When exactly did you pass this guy anything? You shouldn't have had any contact with him prior to two days ago? Why would you give it to him? Am I missing something here?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #175
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Tyke--Why did you choose to pass your parchment? Are you sure you put it in the right hands? Any doubts since you passed it that you may have made a bad decision?
Yikes - you just read my mind...

I just posted with my thoughts. I passed it to dzilla because he was a spells expert, and quite frankly, I wasn't sure what to make of the back-and-forth between you & Autumn. At that point, I didn't trust either one of you.

So yeah, do I have questions or doubts? I'm starting to. I'm hoping dzilla will come on board and allay those fears, but until then...
Old 09-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #176
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Wait, I thought dzilla started with me not you? Why would you pass anything to him? When exactly did you pass this guy anything? You shouldn't have had any contact with him prior to two days ago? Why would you give it to him? Am I missing something here?
No, I first met up with him in the Main Room a couple days ago. See reason above for reason why. I had no use for it, and I played a hunch. If it turns out that he is EVIL, well it is now all out on record for the rest of you to sort through and deal with.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #177
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

So you passed it just b/c he said he was a spells expert? Personally if I had no read on the guy I would have held on to it.

I passed to Jackal b/c he seemed to be helpful, all of his info was being backed up by Bug, and I felt we both had the same read on Autumn. Now I feel Autumn is probably on the up and up after yesterday and I'm all of a sudden unsure what that does to my feeling of Jackal. I just couldn't backtrack yesterday b/c I knew Jackal had that parchment and I wanted him to think I still trusted him today when I asked about it.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #178
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So you passed it just b/c he said he was a spells expert? Personally if I had no read on the guy I would have held on to it.

I passed to Jackal b/c he seemed to be helpful, all of his info was being backed up by Bug, and I felt we both had the same read on Autumn. Now I feel Autumn is probably on the up and up after yesterday and I'm all of a sudden unsure what that does to my feeling of Jackal. I just couldn't backtrack yesterday b/c I knew Jackal had that parchment and I wanted him to think I still trusted him today when I asked about it.
Well you will notice that some of my earlier posts were much more generic, in trying to entice the information out of him before I named him. But I'm not sure of my availability later on. I don't think he has posted at all since moving into the Study. So instead of waiting for him, I've decided to put it all out there in black and white. Was it a bit premature - probably. But I feel we haven't made a lot of progress in the past couple of days. Trouble is, we just don't have enough information to know how we are doing overall...
Old 09-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #179
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well you will notice that some of my earlier posts were much more generic, in trying to entice the information out of him before I named him. But I'm not sure of my availability later on. I don't think he has posted at all since moving into the Study. So instead of waiting for him, I've decided to put it all out there in black and white. Was it a bit premature - probably. But I feel we haven't made a lot of progress in the past couple of days. Trouble is, we just don't have enough information to know how we are doing overall...

Seems like a non answer, but I understand your reasons. We will wait for DZ and see what he has to say.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #180
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Seems like a non answer, but I understand your reasons. We will wait for DZ and see what he has to say.
Sorry if I didn't answer your question, I thought I had. But hey, if I was really evil, and if dzilla was also evil, I sure as heck wouldn't have advertised that I gave him the parchment. Gotta run to a 2pm meeting. Back after that.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #181
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sorry if I didn't answer your question, I thought I had. But hey, if I was really evil, and if dzilla was also evil, I sure as heck wouldn't have advertised that I gave him the parchment. Gotta run to a 2pm meeting. Back after that.

I understand. I never said you were both evil. I find that highly unlikely.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #182
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Hmmmmm....I wonder why my page was complete gibberish yet Tyke was able to make some things out on his.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #183
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Hmmmmm....I wonder why my page was complete gibberish yet Tyke was able to make some things out on his.
That's why I was asking earlier. Are there material differences in Spells vs Book pages? Perhaps I can "read" the book and not make sense of it versus something different for Evil spells. Or vice versa. If you go back and look at my posts again, that's exactly what I was trying to determine without spelling it all out. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a lot of interaction today (well some of us have chimed in quite nicely) to see if I could trap one of them. And I didn't want to keep my suspicions to myself any longer.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #184
J23
College Benchwarmer

The page you're referring to Dubb is the spell you gave to Jackal? (the summon demon one)

The page you had tyke, you had no word if it was a spell or not and I'm guessing you're not a spells expert?
Old 09-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #185
J23
College Benchwarmer

VOTE DZILLA

I'm going to leave this unless we hear back from him or we can piece something together where we didn't just hand off a potential game winning item (well, 1/3 apparently?) to someone that's not responding.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #186
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quite frankly it seems to me we have already had one too many "vote the person who isn't responding votes" this game.

Day 3 I'm fairly certain DV was the lynch since he got every vote in my thread and then every vote in the next thread we visited that same day. I would calm down guys. Don't jump the gun here, especially you aren't planning on coming back b/c I'm not certain Dzilla is the one who did anything wrong here. Voting him b/c he hasn't showed up yet is pretty shifty since he was clearly active enough yesterday to get here in the first place. Give this time to play out.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #187
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm happy enough to move the vote off, but if he ends up not responding all day, then I think it's a bad thing. If he's evil, it's very bad, and if he's not, it's slightly bad because it means we'll sit in the study another day w/ an item that needs to be combined with a couple others to win the game.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #188
J23
College Benchwarmer

Of course, the above is based off the idea that the parchment he was passed is one of the three mentioned in CF's flavor text.

I also can't go back to the other thread to see what time frame he posted during to figure out if he's usually not around during the day or not.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #189
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's why I was asking earlier. Are there material differences in Spells vs Book pages? Perhaps I can "read" the book and not make sense of it versus something different for Evil spells

I don't know. You are are assuming much and throwing the word evil around alot. I have no idea what I found. I found a piece of parchment with gibberish on it. I know nothing else about it other than what Jackal has said.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #190
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I also can't go back to the other thread to see what time frame he posted during to figure out if he's usually not around during the day or not.

Not for sure but I'm thinking no. I think you were the first to decide to investigate this place? Jackal + I were 2 and 3. Everyone else would have been later.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #191
The Jackal
Coordinator

I don't know what to tell you dubb, the only way I was being "friendly middleman" is because I never thought I had enough on Autumn to want to vote him. But I think that's partially because the voting in this game has been weird with not knowing if people are actually dead or not.

Don't you think I would have summoned a demon if I was a bad guy?
Old 09-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #192
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Don't you think I would have summoned a demon if I was a bad guy?

Did you summon the cellar demon?
Old 09-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #193
J23
College Benchwarmer

Did it specify cellar demon? That's the first mention of cellar that I saw with it. Given that, I'd be careful considering we have at least one person down there (Autumn) and potentially 2 others that were there the previous day (I think there were 2 but can't recall who atm).
Old 09-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #194
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Did it specify cellar demon? That's the first mention of cellar that I saw with it. Given that, I'd be careful considering we have at least one person down there (Autumn) and potentially 2 others that were there the previous day (I think there were 2 but can't recall who atm).

No it did not. But I assume you were not on late last night? Prior to the new room assignments a demon/Deadite came out of the cellar but we(as a group in the cabin) were able to kill it.

It could have been flavor, it could have been summoned, or it could have been a failed night kill. I'm not going to claim to know.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #195
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The page you had tyke, you had no word if it was a spell or not and I'm guessing you're not a spells expert?
It was described as having strange red ink and symbols that I do not recognize.

Maybe this is all just flavoring from CF. But he did say to pay attention to specific descriptions. We now know that there are spells - some apparently good and others presumably bad. In the rooms I was in, there was relatively little discussion about the objects in play. Danny was the only other one who I knew had a spell, but he was whisked away before I could ask him about it.

So I'm not trying to be an alarmist. But with CF's additional description that there are three pages of text that appear to help Annie, we need to figure out if we can distinguish between the two or not.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #196
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Hell, it could have been zombie CR if he was the lynch. I also believe there was a gunshot heard down there.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #197
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
No it did not. But I assume you were not on late last night? Prior to the new room assignments a demon/Deadite came out of the cellar but we(as a group in the cabin) were able to kill it.

It could have been flavor, it could have been summoned, or it could have been a failed night kill. I'm not going to claim to know.
I wish I had written out the exact description. I will make better notes tomorrow! That's an interesting take, dubb. I read that a little differently. I actually read it as a successful lynch of an evil player. But I could be way off. What did any of the rest of you think?
Old 09-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #198
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I wish I had written out the exact description. I will make better notes tomorrow! That's an interesting take, dubb. I read that a little differently. I actually read it as a successful lynch of an evil player. But I could be way off. What did any of the rest of you think?

IMO it was entirely too late to have to do with the lynch. It was after night actions were processed @ 2230 EST. The actual post wasn't at that time, I'm not sure when it was exactly, but that was the night deadline and the post was after that.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:50 PM   #199
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
IMO it was entirely too late to have to do with the lynch. It was after night actions were processed @ 2230 EST. The actual post wasn't at that time, I'm not sure when it was exactly, but that was the night deadline and the post was after that.
OK - we can confirm timing tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #200
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
If you (the group) don't mind, I'd like to know a little more before we start casting spells. Has anyone else come across a spell and were you able to decipher it? I think Danny mentioned in MAIN room that he had a spell. I want to know if we can distinguish good vs bad spells. Or the three mentioned in the text versus other spells/abilities.

I am in the study.

Danny gave me his spell and I used it last night. I am not willing to reveal what type of spell it was right now.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote