Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #3551
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Well, sure, if you are going to run a game where no one dies and keep it going for a month

I skipped that game because I wasn't going to be around much the first week. Had I realized how it was going to play out, I could have joined in the fun with everyone else. Oh well, there was more than enough posting without me ...

People died. They just weren't voted out.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #3552
hoopsguy
General Manager

Details, details
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #3553
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I'm not dead yet!

(Saw Spamalot this last weekend btw. Worth seeing if you get the chance)

Saw it on Broadway three years ago. Hilarious.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #3554
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Details, details

This to me? Read the thread. It isn't like it is 8,500 posts or anything. It is merely 8,300. You will see death.

1. Qwikshot, Sis'sharr Wizard
2. Chief Rum, Dvergr Cleric - Level 7. Died Day 22 to the Giant Wheel Trap in Dungeon Level 4.
3. boberot, Dvergr Cleric
4. Daddy Torgo, A rather attractive Female Human Paladin. You want to get some of this!
5. Poli, Human Bard, Townsaver, Level 10 - Winner, Day 23 Afternoon after slaying the Qulythulg and its minions
6. gi, Qwith Cleric - Level 3. Died Day 4 fighting a Sonic Elemental in Dungeon Level 2.
7. Purdue Brad, Sis'Sharr Scout. Level 5, died Day 19 fighting a Frost Giant in Dungeon level 3
8. JAG, Dvergr Cleric, Level 10 - Winner, Day 22 Morning after praying at the Altar of the Gods
9. Mustang, Qwith Scout - Level 3, died Day 6 fighting a Whipsting in Dungeon Level 1
10. chesapeake, Human Artificer, Dragonslayer - Level 10, Winner, Day 24 Movement, After Slaying an Invisible Stalker
11. Kwhit, Sis'sharr Warrior, Level 10 - Winner, Day 20 Evening, After Solving the Castle Kitchen Murders
12. Passacaglia, Human Bard
13. Dubb93, Trow Cleric
14. ntndeacon, Dvergr Cleric
15. PackerFanatic, Qwith Scout
16. The Jackal, Sis'sharr Cleric, Level 7, died Day 22 in gladiatorial combat with chesapeake in Dungeon Level 4
17. Thomkal, Human Artificer
18. Danny, Trow Warrior, Townsaver, Dragonslayer, Level 10 - Winner, Day 21 Afternoon, After slaying Euplatious, the Red Dragon
Old 10-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #3555
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I definitely got votes D2. I know Danny voted me, and was talking about switching back on me much of the day. But I don't think I was ever a main contender, no. Not a good convert choice, I don't think, but sure, it's possible.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #3556
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Well, I definitely got votes D2. I know Danny voted me, and was talking about switching back on me much of the day. But I don't think I was ever a main contender, no. Not a good convert choice, I don't think, but sure, it's possible.

You don't think? At this point you were either converted or you weren't. No?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #3557
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

And it's possible? What are you getting at here Autumn?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #3558
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
This to me? Read the thread. It isn't like it is 8,500 posts or anything. It is merely 8,300. You will see death.

I know, was just being flippant. Dungeon was a very cool game that I'm bummed to have missed. And was even more bummed when it stretched across more weeks, because I wanted to play WW. But that game was still going strong, and everyone was having so much fun while all I could do was read along.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #3559
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
You don't think? At this point you were either converted or you weren't. No?

I'm not sure if you're joking? I'm talking about how likely a conversion target I would have been early in the game. Obviously I know I wasn't. That doesn't help you guys. I think objectively, I wouldn't have been a likely choice given the way I was being regarded in the thread at that time.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #3560
Autumn
Head Coach

Another half hour then I'm off to a meeting, and watching the kids. I hope you guys hash things out more in the meantime. I think mckerney and commo are a mile ahead of everyone else in terms of being suspect. mckerney has the wolf-like voting record, was the best conversion target N2, and has been playing under the radar. Commo's posts read very strongly like a wolf. So it's a decision for me between posts vs. votes. A reread made me lean towards Commo - I would be embarrassed if we let him live with that posting history and he was a wolf, frankly. I want to see them both post more today though to help me choose, I think the more we ask them to talk the more obvious it should be.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #3561
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Another half hour then I'm off to a meeting, and watching the kids. I hope you guys hash things out more in the meantime. I think mckerney and commo are a mile ahead of everyone else in terms of being suspect. mckerney has the wolf-like voting record, was the best conversion target N2, and has been playing under the radar. Commo's posts read very strongly like a wolf. So it's a decision for me between posts vs. votes. A reread made me lean towards Commo - I would be embarrassed if we let him live with that posting history and he was a wolf, frankly. I want to see them both post more today though to help me choose, I think the more we ask them to talk the more obvious it should be.

I think if the wolves win we will be embarrassed who ever it was as we would find something.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #3562
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think it is J23, McKerney, or Autumn.

J23 on UTR, McKerney for being revealed, alive, and on the right side of the Bug/EF/Narc mess. Autumn for being the post leader/game analysis king and yet still being alive at this point.

Commo is so obviously a wolf that it makes it unlikely he really is IMO.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #3563
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I think it is J23, McKerney, or Autumn.

J23 on UTR, McKerney for being revealed, alive, and on the right side of the Bug/EF/Narc mess. Autumn for being the post leader/game analysis king and yet still being alive at this point.

I would hope that if you look back Dubb, you'll see that I've been fairly involved throughout and haven't been shy about giving my opinions. I would think an "UTR" wolf would be more likely to tag along w/ others in voting rather than give their own reasoning which can be picked apart later. Feel free to go back and look at my votes if you suspect me of doing that, and I'm pretty sure you won't see it.

I'm feeling the same way about Commo actually though I'm not sure how him being a newer player might affect things.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #3564
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I would hope that if you look back Dubb, you'll see that I've been fairly involved throughout and haven't been shy about giving my opinions. I would think an "UTR" wolf would be more likely to tag along w/ others in voting rather than give their own reasoning which can be picked apart later. Feel free to go back and look at my votes if you suspect me of doing that, and I'm pretty sure you won't see it.

I'm feeling the same way about Commo actually though I'm not sure how him being a newer player might affect things.

Another plus for Commo is that I thought he hinted @ being the lifegiver.

In reality he was thinking I was the lifegiver. He said he passed me an item hoping I could use it to revive someone. Someone did infact pass me that item so I think that is a + for Commo.

Speaking of the Lifegiver. The Lifegiver is clearly a wolf. That leaves either you J23 or Autumn. Hmmmmmm... I think we may have 2 wolves left at this point acutally. McKerney and then the Lifegiver which would be either J23 or Autumn.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #3565
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Vote McKerney
Old 10-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #3566
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Another plus for Commo is that I thought he hinted @ being the lifegiver.

In reality he was thinking I was the lifegiver. He said he passed me an item hoping I could use it to revive someone. Someone did infact pass me that item so I think that is a + for Commo.

Speaking of the Lifegiver. The Lifegiver is clearly a wolf. That leaves either you J23 or Autumn. Hmmmmmm... I think we may have 2 wolves left at this point acutally. McKerney and then the Lifegiver which would be either J23 or Autumn.

If I were the lifegiver (and it was in the game), I would have mentioned it on night 1 when it was late and I was closed to being lynched.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #3567
J23
College Benchwarmer

I need to do some more digging, and I should be around later tonight to do some looking, but I really want to look at the stuff Autumn has said throughout. For whatever reason, I feel like Autumn was very involved early in the game, kind of dropped off a bit in the midgame, and then has since come back into the game after more people have dropped off. That has me wondering if there are hints of a conversion somewhere in there which could explain it. Perhaps this is just because Autumn wanted to lynch me the first couple of days and was pressuring me, and then let off, but I want to take some time to see if it's just my perception or if I still feel that way after reading back through some history.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #3568
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm worried about that, mau also obviously seemed like a wolf and I know I've been on the wrong side defending a wolf while I was a villager. It seems like it was a bit too strong though, and I to be honest if it's not Commo I can't say I really have a read on who is more likely to be the last wolf between you, J23 and Autumn.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #3569
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, sure, if you are going to run a game where no one dies and keep it going for a month

Dude, there was an arena fight between two people in public with live updates and one survives while the other died! Deaths a go go!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #3570
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Commo please explain why you think you look so terrible. Why is it so obvious that you are a wolf that it is forcing some to say it is so obvious that it can't be?
Old 10-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #3571
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Mckerney bucks the tie idea. With Narc's triple vote out there, not sure that was necessary, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

I preferred to go Narc there because of the scroll that was cast on EF that would keep him from performing night actions. Had no idea about the three votes Narc had obviously, but we did know that CF had an item that manipulated the vote at some point so the wolves may have had the ability.

We later learned that the wolves wanted to save EF, but at the time to me it seemed that if we could only get one we may as well leave the one who cannot perform a night action for the next days lynch to hopefully prevent a kill. I also wasn't sold on a tie being an automatic double kill, I'd read that was what happened last Red Death game, but there was enough of an element of randomness in this one that I didn't think it was worth the risk that there would be no lynch.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #3572
Autumn
Head Coach

I won't be coming out with any reveals, fake or otherwise, Dubb. There's several I'm expecting to see, but what you see is what you get with me. I've been public about everything I've done in the game, including my items.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #3573
Autumn
Head Coach

I can understand the "too wolfy to be a wolf" argument for Commo. If this was a veteran player here I would agree wholeheartedly. Where Commo is still fairly new, and I think this is his first time here as a wolf, I'm not so sure. That's the mistake new wolves make, right? Getting too out there. I can see a new wolf, with his two fellow wolves both on the block, trying too hard to sway the vote. EF wasn't around to counsel against it, not sure how much Narc was there. They had four revealed wolves in like four days, if any there's a time for a desperate wolf, this was it.

I'm putting the kids to bed now. I'll be back on before deadline to look back through all the stuff i posted this morning and decide where to vote.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #3574
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I can understand the "too wolfy to be a wolf" argument for Commo. If this was a veteran player here I would agree wholeheartedly. Where Commo is still fairly new, and I think this is his first time here as a wolf, I'm not so sure. That's the mistake new wolves make, right? Getting too out there. I can see a new wolf, with his two fellow wolves both on the block, trying too hard to sway the vote. EF wasn't around to counsel against it, not sure how much Narc was there. They had four revealed wolves in like four days, if any there's a time for a desperate wolf, this was it.

I'm putting the kids to bed now. I'll be back on before deadline to look back through all the stuff i posted this morning and decide where to vote.

Well if you assume Commo is a wolf you assume he's the lifegiver which IMO means he is probably the last wolf. That would also probably mean we aren't up against the wall today. I'm rolling with the theory that we have two wolves and I don't think Commo is among them. I'm not sure why he would assume I'm the lifegiver and pass me an item if he is a wolf though.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #3575
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well if no one wants to vote I guess Abe can just nightfall this......
Old 10-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #3576
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm always suspecious of a day where the votes are held off. It means the wolves(plural here) are clearly waiting to see what the villager does. If the village does something stupid the wolves will swoop in and vote a villager at the deadline.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #3577
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm would also consider the theory that everyone left is a wolf besides me and they just can't chomp on me at night b/c I'm that awesome.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #3578
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Third time you've been here since I asked you a question Commo. Glad to see you are sticking to your wolfdom today too.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #3579
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

This is why you don't kill NtN early guys. You are all mutes and yet NtN is here in thread. I'm sure he would be chatting it up right now if you guys didn't kill him D1 every game for not talking.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #3580
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Fine, I'll play this freaking game too.

Unvote McKerney
Old 10-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #3581
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Just kidding.

Imagine if the wolves did night fall this is with no votes. We would all die.

Vote Commo
Old 10-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #3582
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Well if you assume Commo is a wolf you assume he's the lifegiver which IMO means he is probably the last wolf. That would also probably mean we aren't up against the wall today. I'm rolling with the theory that we have two wolves and I don't think Commo is among them. I'm not sure why he would assume I'm the lifegiver and pass me an item if he is a wolf though.

I'm not following this idea of why you think there are two wolves, or why Commo would be the lifegiver but Mckerney wouldn't? Can you explain this Dubb, I think I'm missing something.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #3583
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm not following this idea of why you think there are two wolves, or why Commo would be the lifegiver but Mckerney wouldn't? Can you explain this Dubb, I think I'm missing something.

Don't be dense Autumn. McKerney already revealed. You saying his D2 reveal was fake? Ballsy if true since there hasn't been a counter in 9 days.

Why do I think two wolves? Clearly no one seems to be voting yet. McKerney can't be the lifegiver. If he is a wolf, which I believe he is, then someone has to be the lifegiver.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #3584
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quite frankly I'm sure this is an end game situation since no one else seems to want to vote.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #3585
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

In the last ten minutes I've seen Autumn, McKerney, and Commo all in thread. No votes.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #3586
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

What about me Zinto and CF?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #3587
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Ok, back home from work now, I'll go back and start answering some of the questions I saw asked.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #3588
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm always suspecious of a day where the votes are held off. It means the wolves(plural here) are clearly waiting to see what the villager does. If the village does something stupid the wolves will swoop in and vote a villager at the deadline.

Trouble is that's the same thing villagers would like to do, see how people will vote so they don't just let the wolf pile on to a wrong vote. I am definitely voting Mckerney or Commo, I just wanted to give them all day to convince me one way or the other.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #3589
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Commo

If you want my vote now, Commo remains the only one I can convince myself of any sort of a case for with his going over the top in defense of EF day five, though part of me still thinks that the wolves would be a bit more careful than basically outing three wolves to get the seer lynched (though Narc would have been in those plans at the start of the day).
Old 10-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #3590
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
What about me Zinto and CF?

Zinto and CF have been dealt with. They are now corpses. And as long as you don't nightfall this I promise I won't freak out.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #3591
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Trouble is that's the same thing villagers would like to do, see how people will vote so they don't just let the wolf pile on to a wrong vote. I am definitely voting Mckerney or Commo, I just wanted to give them all day to convince me one way or the other.

I seriously question why anyone would hold their vote in a game that it has been established that there is a possibility the wolves can nightfall it early.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #3592
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
In the last ten minutes I've seen Autumn, McKerney, and Commo all in thread. No votes.

Sorry for talking to my wife instead of voting, Dubb. I'll get right on task ;-)

And yes, I was being dense about Mckerney, but just because I'm dense. But why are you ignoring the Tinkerer? We either don't have both of those roles, they're both converted, or one of them just fell asleep at the wheel.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #3593
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
This is one of many posts where Commo suggests that the BG shouldn't guard Bug. Not an invalid opinion, but now knowing the wolves were worried about the sheriff, mgiht be a wolf ploy.

I'm not finding much from J23 and Dubb in these stretch of days that's worth posting. On post content alone Commo an Mckerney are far more suspicious, IMO.

As I later stated, when I said the BG shouldn't be on bug I thought McKerney was the Minister and DZ was still alive when I brought it up. I later recanted that after DZ died and I saw that the minister was Lathum and Mckerney was the Martyr. I believed then and still believe the Minister and or Exorcist were more important to us in this game then the seer. This is because the wolves needed to kill them to win and they couldn't convert them. While the seer could be converted by the wolves, or by scanning, not to mention the scan results could have been blurred by an item or possibly even by a wolf. It would appear now that maybe the wolf needed an item to scan good, but that was not certain when bug was still alive.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #3594
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I seriously question why anyone would hold their vote in a game that it has been established that there is a possibility the wolves can nightfall it early.

Is that something that happened in the last game? That's a lot different than an established fact to me. But it wouldn't make me vote early. If I voted wrong they'd jsut nightfall.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #3595
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to wait and see what Commo says. Mckerney, I would also love to hear more from you than just a vote for Commo. That'st he obvious move for you, and if that's all we're going to get I'm probably going to vote you. UTR doesn't fly at this stage.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #3596
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sorry for talking to my wife instead of voting, Dubb. I'll get right on task ;-)

And yes, I was being dense about Mckerney, but just because I'm dense. But why are you ignoring the Tinkerer? We either don't have both of those roles, they're both converted, or one of them just fell asleep at the wheel.

Hmmmm.....It seems I'm being dense about the tinkerer. Don't remember anything about that role. Maybe one isn't in? Maybe one of the convert deaths we have had were one/both of those roles I guess. I mean I wouldn't advertise that I was a role if I was about to be a dead wolf convert.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #3597
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Again playing neutral on EF, strong on Bug.

I was strong on bug because of his odd play. I was about 90% sure he was the seer to start off with, but who knows if he could have been converted. Some of his statements didn't make much sense. Then we have the super odd situation where our sheriff lets a wolf claim his role and he keeps it to himself and votes the seer. If he would have came forward and said he is the sheriff that day, this game is possibly over now with the village winning. Instead we wasted two days, one killing our seer and the other killing our sheriff.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #3598
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Unvote Commo

Vote McKerney

For everything Commo did that made him bad I can't get past him passing me an item thinking I'm the Lifegiver. I don't know why a wolf does that.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #3599
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I'm leaving my vote on EF, and I don't think finding out that Bug is lying clears EF. In the position he was in it's an easy call to give up a converted seer to buy trust.

I'm also not sold on EF's story as detective, the role says that observing someone will tell you what that person has done for the evening. To me that says you can see what action they performed, not necessarily what was done to them.

I see now, I must have glossed over this post as I was coming back from lunch at the time it was made.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #3600
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
hoops is the only player who has passed me something, a baseball bat. There are other ways to acquire items besides passing and nigth kill.

BTW, I started with a baseball bat (so I had two after hoops passed me his).

Quote:
Gotta give some credit here, a wolf might have kept quiet and hoped no one figured that out, though it was probably obvious at that point.

Yeah, to me there is no credit given here as it was very obvious what chief meant.