Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1855 Season Previews

SLOP is about to head into overdrive. With the league to its original dozen team slate, new ownership groups in five cities including four expansion clubs and a ton of players; it'll be an interesting year. We went eight seasons with the eight-team setup and now we're back to a crowded league. I can imagine there will be lots of teams feasting on the lowly teams that have joined the league. But will it be so easy?

We're going to preview and see what it ought to look like.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Brooklyn Titans

Sooo..the defending champions are stacked to the teeth. After years of futility in New York, the Titans have reeled off back-to-back titles thanks to new ownership and have established themselves as a force to be reckoned with in the SLOP universe.

Defending NL rookie of the year Jeremiah Bylery is no joke.

To make matters worse, they're going to have a potential All-Star catcher joining the ranks this year in Don Hall

Add that to a lineup with 4 guys boasting 30+ HR/100 RBI seasons last year and one of the best rotations in the game including the two-headed monster of Cory Meyer and Bill Powell and you have to like their chances at a three-peat.

The pre-season predictions have them winning 117 games this year and it's hard to argue with that. As for the playoffs, barring some kind of crazy upset...it looks like they'll be there in the mix of things at the end.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
muns
Pro Starter

The Heros do not have much but are hoping to not finish in last. Our pitching will be are major problem. Tough to win games with one quality starter. I am looking forward to seeing how 1b- Xavier Gustave does as a 20 year old rookie. We shall see how many wins 11.1 million dollars gets me
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Doing team previews is boring (for me) so instead I'm going to just look around the league and take a look at the best players in the game right now. The league has shifted some and so, it'll be interesting to take a look at the top players and the top prospects floating around the game at the moment; especially with new owners.

Pedro Garcia, Rio Grande

This dude is a f-ing monster. 25-years old and coming off a year with a 63.7 VORP. He's emerged as one of the best hitters in the league and not only hits for average but also has some pop in his bat. It'll be interesting to see if he ever makes it to free agency how much this guy will command on the open market.

Chris Ross, Syracuse

He's only 26 and has already claimed 4 Pitcher of the Year awards. Syracuse snagged him and he's shown no signs of stopping at all. At this pace, we'll be naming the award he keeps winning after him before he retires. Syracuse boasts 3 of the best hurlers in the game, too. Watch out for the Stars.

Gerald Massey, Chicago

Making $27m a year and arguably earning most of it, the NL's most elite starter has 3 POY awards to his name, has logged over 200 career wins already and rebounded after a slow year in '53 to dominate in '54.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
Subby
lolzcat

Awesome. Very excited for this season.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote