Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Questions on FA

Noob checking in again:

How exactly will FA be run? By this I mean that it looks like there are two sims. Are there multiple stages per sim? Am I correct in assuming there is not going to be a whole lot of offer/counter-offer, so get your best offer in now?

gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

We sim to the first day of free agency, then the next sim is to December and then the next sim to the start of pre-season.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:08 PM   #3
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Another noob OOTP question:

Am I remembering correctly from my 6.5 days that I can do part of my stuff, save, come back, and submit? Do I also remember correctly that after doing that at work, I can come home, import my stuff from the site, and continue the turn? Or do I need to do it all in one shot?
Old 06-19-2008, 06:37 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Umm...that's a good question. I dunno. Someone more qualified will be able to answer that one for you. Seems like you should be able to, though.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Another noob OOTP question:

Am I remembering correctly from my 6.5 days that I can do part of my stuff, save, come back, and submit? Do I also remember correctly that after doing that at work, I can come home, import my stuff from the site, and continue the turn? Or do I need to do it all in one shot?

Are you talking about doing part of it on one computer and then going to a different one to finish? Or doing part of it, saving and then finishing later on the same computer?

If it is the former, I don't think it will work too well.

If you mean the second then yes I've done that alot before. The way it works is after each sim, you will have it import the new file from the online server. Once you have the new file, you can do whatever locally on your own system including exiting the program (which will save it.) When you open it again the next time, it will be where you left off before with your changes. When done with all of your changes you export to the server for the next sim.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:01 AM   #6
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Cool, good to know. And I was talking about both scenarios. If the same computer one works, that's fine, and if the other works, that's awesome. I just had some vague recollection that I had done that before in 6.5, where I could basically download my export (you could import/export league files, and import/export team setup), and I was able to use that.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:06 AM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Cool, good to know. And I was talking about both scenarios. If the same computer one works, that's fine, and if the other works, that's awesome. I just had some vague recollection that I had done that before in 6.5, where I could basically download my export (you could import/export league files, and import/export team setup), and I was able to use that.

If the server is set up to allow it, then yeah you probably could export your team file from one computer, and then choose to import your team file on another one and then re-export it. So probably both scenarios can work for you, yeah.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #8
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quick Question

Is everything setup for us to upload and download through the game?
Old 06-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Quick Question

Is everything setup for us to upload and download through the game?

Yessir. You can send your exports directly through the game and download the new file in-game too.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #10
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Yessir. You can send your exports directly through the game and download the new file in-game too.

Awesome and finally, since this is so fast, I need to cut my players I do not want, offer the ones I want and keep the fingers crossed correct?

Now here is what I was also trying to figure out, I can access all my affiliates with my moves to correct?

Last edited by MacroGuru : 06-22-2008 at 01:38 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:48 PM   #11
MacroGuru
Coordinator

DOLA

Also, everyone is signed to a year contract, therefore meaning if we want to keep our team in tact, it's going to take a lot of work initially correct?

Sorry, this is my first ever OOTP league and I want to make sure I understand everything properly.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:21 PM   #12
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
DOLA

Also, everyone is signed to a year contract, therefore meaning if we want to keep our team in tact, it's going to take a lot of work initially correct?

Sorry, this is my first ever OOTP league and I want to make sure I understand everything properly.

Yeah, the contracts are first are sorts screwy. But the flip side is that they're all on the cheap to start and so, you can decide what direction you want to go in and then start making moves based on it. It'll be weird this first season or three, with humans in place of where AI once was, but...I think it'll be fine.

Pretty much everything here is the same as you do it in solo -- signing players, etc. -- except you export when you're done making your moves.

Salary cap is set to $65 million bucks.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #13
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Awesome and finally, since this is so fast, I need to cut my players I do not want, offer the ones I want and keep the fingers crossed correct?

Now here is what I was also trying to figure out, I can access all my affiliates with my moves to correct?

You control your affiliates, too, yes. You can move players up and down as you please.