Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-01-2008, 07:52 AM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1964 Consolation Rookie Exemptions (CRE) List

Here are the rules:

Each team that did not make the FOOL Classic, gets one (1) consolation exemption on a rookie.

You can apply this exemption to ANY rookie that you sign as a free agent during the 1964 off-season free agent period.

You must claim the exemption on that player no later than Thursday night at 10pm (thursday night sim) and you must indicate who you choose in this thread. Otherwise, you don't get the exemption.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-01-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

A special note. There are going to be A LOT of kids coming up. I'm going to dissolve all of the feeders that exist currently, as I think the problem we're having is endemic to the migration to OOTP9, since none of my other leagues have this problem with feeders.

But we have a more immediate issue with trying to generate players. Seems that it would be easier for everyone if the game just generates new players for us each year and we dispense from the feeders, because honestly, this is meant to be a "quick" league and that's the sort of thing you do in a league where people have more time to focus on that stuff.

Just a thought...
Old 07-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

To compensate for the LARGE addition to the free agent pool (there are now 3000+ players there) I'm going to add a short-season A and rookie league for each team.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:46 PM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Using my exemption on:

Catcher Sam Harmon

Is his salary going to be adjusted next sim, or not until Thursday night at 10pm?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Using my exemption on:

Catcher Sam Harmon

Is his salary going to be adjusted next sim, or not until Thursday night at 10pm?

I'll do it as you post 'em in time for the next sim. I just did that one, so that $8m bucks you spent as his signing bonus has reverted to a minor league deal.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-01-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #6
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Here are the rules:

Each team that did not make the FOOL Classic, gets one (1) consolation exemption on a rookie.

You can apply this exemption to ANY rookie that you sign as a free agent during the 1964 off-season free agent period.

You must claim the exemption on that player no later than Thursday night at 10pm (thursday night sim) and you must indicate who you choose in this thread. Otherwise, you don't get the exemption.

So we just bid like normal, and then we choose a rookie to use the exemption on if we succeed in signing him? Just making sure.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:45 AM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So are these players in the free agent pool? Or in the feeder leagues still? I am confused as to how to tell these players from the regular rookies, or if there is a difference. I haven't been playing OOTP since 6.5, so I am a little lost trying to find them.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:56 AM   #8
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Sorry was away from the board and my computer the bulk of the day yesterday, I will be on it today and checking everything I missed out.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:20 AM   #9
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
So are these players in the free agent pool? Or in the feeder leagues still? I am confused as to how to tell these players from the regular rookies, or if there is a difference. I haven't been playing OOTP since 6.5, so I am a little lost trying to find them.

They are in the free agent pool. You can figure most of the rookies out by the difference between their current ratings and potential ratings at first glance. To make sure they are a rookie though, just open up the player card and click on contracts & Status page, and you can see in the bottom right corner if they have 0 service time. Anyone with more than 0 service time I believe doesn't count for the exemption if I understand the rule correct.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:35 AM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Sorry dude.

Yeah, I'll try to break it down:

1) I deleted the feeder leagues. They weren't working right. All of the players in the feeders went to our free agency pool. They are there now.
2) Kids under 18, won't appear and you can't sign them until they turn 18.
3) You bid on them like normal, except now you get a chance to exempt 1 contract of any rookie who hasn't appeared in our league.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:36 AM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
They are in the free agent pool. You can figure most of the rookies out by the difference between their current ratings and potential ratings at first glance. To make sure they are a rookie though, just open up the player card and click on contracts & Status page, and you can see in the bottom right corner if they have 0 service time. Anyone with more than 0 service time I believe doesn't count for the exemption if I understand the rule correct.

That's correct.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #12
muns
Pro Starter

Id like to use mine on SP Gabriel Riggs please
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #13
Tellistto
College Prospect

New York would like to use theirs on MR Marvin Lott, or Cha Cha as he likes to be known.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've processed the CREs. The contracts are vacated and the player's history says "Placed on the Consolation Rookie Exemption List by [team]."

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-02-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:30 AM   #15
JeeberD
General Manager

I would like to use mine on SP Floyd Yarbrough.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:21 AM   #16
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I guess I will use mine on SP Ted Prouse.

I didn't get my real target but he will work I guess.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #17
allpro10050
Mascot

SS Adam Stanley
allpro10050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:05 PM   #18
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

OF Robert Davis
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote