Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-29-2000, 07:00 AM   #1
wignasty
In The Penalty Box

Red face wignasty's CM dynasty/challenge

After finally getting the hang of this incredibly addictive game, I have decided to join some of the FOF greats and make a dynasty thread.

I will be using the "Take a Crappy Team" challenge. For those who aren't familiar with this challenge, it means that I have to take a crappy team......

wignasty takes over Altrincham in the English Conference league.
-I start by looking over the team books. M.C. Hammer must have been running the team before, because we are already $560,000 in debt. This is going to be tough.
-As I look over the personell files, I get even more depressed. Out of my starting 11, 8 players (including my only keeper) are over 33 years old. I do have a bright spot, though, there is an attacking midfielder named Brendan Burke that is only 19 years old and is a budding star. I'll try and build my youth movement around him.
-I should set some priorities for the coming season:
1. Get positive cash flow. Possibly get out of debt.
2. Get a full team of youth players that can take over for the geezers.
3. FIND A KEEPER!
4. Try to finish in the top half of the standings. I'm aiming for 10th place.

-Since it is my policy to fire all the staff when I take a new job, I have to find some replacements. I put out a few offers, we'll see what happens.
-I don't have any money to find players yet. I'll have to wait and get them from the youth leagues.

Looks like everything is ready for me to start the game.

Already teams are offering to buy Burke. This could get interesting.....

-I finally have my full staff together. It took a while to get some scouts on board. Those rejects kept asking for more money. They better produce or they will be scouting out the unemployment line....... I send them both out to scout the youth leagues.

-Teams are now offering $110,000 for Burke. He started out valued at $30,000.

-I guess the board are OK afterall, they game me $475,000 to help run the team. It still didn't get me out of debt, though.

-Signed 3 youth players. They all look really good. I usually don't see youth players with this set of skills.

-Signed 2 more youth players. Not as good as the first bunch, but still better than normal.
-First game coming up. As of right now, I am tied for first with 21 other teams.

more to come........

------------------
Rising up against "The Man"

wignasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2000, 07:54 AM   #2
wignasty
In The Penalty Box

I just read over my last dynasty post and realized that it isn't very interesting......

Oh well. Maybe I'll just wait for FOF2001

wignasty

------------------
Old 10-30-2000, 07:03 PM   #3
Original Prankster
n00b

Unhappy

It definitely is!

Pleeaaasseee keep going!

------------------
Go RPI!
Old 10-31-2000, 07:43 AM   #4
wignasty
In The Penalty Box

ok.
Old 10-31-2000, 08:12 AM   #5
wignasty
In The Penalty Box

Altrincham 1 Welling Utd. 0
Price -1

Doncaster 2 Altrincham 0

Teams are now offering $400,000 for Burke….. hmmmm

Altrincham 3 Nuneaton Bur 2
Price -1
Burke - 2 (finally)

Telford 0 Altrincham 2
Price - 1
Burke - 1

Since the last game I have signed 4 new youth players. None of them are great, but I stilll need some youth.
I have also sold 2 old, crappy players for a total of $40,000. I'm glad to get some of the dead weight off the team.

Altrincham 4 Hednesford Town 1
Burke - 1
Price - 2
Power - 1

I'm going to try and have a "State of the Team" after every 5 or so games.
The team is $148,000 in debt still, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. There are a few of my youth players that actually look like they will make it into the Senior squad on a full time basis. I have only 1 problem player right now, unfortunately it is my scorer, Price. He seems to think that scoring goals for wignasty isn't enough. He wants to move to a bigger club. I would keep him forever, but the old manager (M.C.Hammer) has stupidly given him a clause in his contract that lets him go after this year if I don't get promoted. I think I'm going to suck it up and keep him for this season. I'm not sure I can replace that kind of scoring. Burke is starting to get into the offense now. I am just hanging on to him until someone offers me the "Magic Number" for him.

I have also notice an amazing skill my team has for jumping offsides during scoring chances. I can remember 4 goals that were disallowed because of this "skill". If I could only harness this power for good.....

wignasty

------------------
Old 10-31-2000, 11:24 AM   #6
wignasty
In The Penalty Box

Sutton 2 Altrincham 0
Some idiot got a red card 2 mins into the game. My team never recovered after that.

I have signed 2 more young players. They just plain suck, but they are young.
Burke has won the "Young Player of the Month" award. Woohoo!
Turns out that the retard that was "awarded" the red card in the last game was my team captain. Nice leadership.

Altrincham 2 Kingstonian 0
Kilcline -1
Price - 1

I have sold off some more dead weight. This time it was for $40,000. Hard to believe that this reserve squad scrub is worth that much.
I have also signed a 17 year old SW/D/M from the youth leagues that will actually start for the senior squad! Nice…..

Hereford 0 Altrincham 1
Ward - 1
Once again, Price shows his sill in going offsides. 2 goals were disallowed because of him.

Offers for Burke have just reached $1,000,000. I'm starting to think about letting him go.

Altrincham 1 Yeovil 2
Price - 1
Yet another red card for one of my players. I think that there is something going on here. Again, it is one of the vets on the team. Maybe I will have to start playing the younger players, to make a point.

Southport 2 Altrincham 2
Price - 2

==State of the Team==

The team is currently in 5th place.
6 wins 1 draw 3 losses
We are $160,000 in debt

I am noticing some disturbing trends with my team. First, Price seems to think he doesn't have to play by the rules. Sure he can score, but he also takes away just as many goals by being offsides. Second, there are waaaay too many red/yellow cards. I already have to sit 2 players for the next 2 matches because of this. Third, my older players are not playing up to their potential. They are supposed to be leading this team, but it is the younger players that make all the plays. Things will have to change, if I want to keep my good league position.

wignasty

------------------
Old 11-01-2000, 01:18 AM   #7
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Keep up the story Wig... I'm so glad to have some of the folks over here writing about CM... I plan on the "Take a Crappy Team" challenge myself if the game EVER arrives to me here in the New World...
Old 11-01-2000, 02:58 PM   #8
wignasty
In The Penalty Box

Altrincham 5 Stevenage Boro 1
Burke 1 (now has 5 goals)
Price 4 (now has 13 goals)
I guess that little talk I had with Price before the game really sunk in. He scored 4 goals without going offsides at all. I also noticed that many of my young players are getting tired very early in the match. I might have to shuffle the starting lineup to counter this.

With all the suspensions and injuries, I had to call up 4 youth players for the upcoming game. I hope it won't hurt my momentum.
Dover 2 Altrincham 2
Burke 1
Price 1
Not too bad considering how many young players were on the field.

I have just been offered $1,200,000 for Burke. That was the magic number. I am going to try and get a percentage of the proceeds if the next team sells him. We'll see if they go for that.

Once again, I have to start 3 youth players. Let's hope that we do as well as last time.
Altrincham 0 Northwich 2
Damn, I guess the inexperience of my lineup finally showed.

Burke has been sold to W.B.A. for $1,200,000 and 25% of the next sale.
This transaction puts my wignasty $1,000,000 in the green and gives me $700,000 in transfer funds. Not too shabby. I am going to be very careful how I spend the money. I'm not sure when I'll find another hot player like Burke.

English Conference Cup - First Round
Telford 1 Altrincham 0

Scarborough 1 Altrincham 2
Price - 2
I'm glad we can still score, even without Burke.

English FA Cup Qual
Stevenage Boro 1 Altrincham 0
Seems like I can't get a sniff when it comes to tournaments…..

Rushden Diamonds 2 Altrincham 1
Hunter - 1
Damn, I almost had the #1 team, then they came back with 2 quick goals.

===State of the Team===
The team is still in 5th place.
8 wins 2 draws 5 losses
We are $976,000 in the green with $650,000 in transfer funds.

I am very happy with the progress the team is making. I'm not sure how the sale of Burke is going to affect us in the long run, but I know we will miss him. Price has straightened out his act and now has 16 goals. I have found that I do not have a second scorer, now that Burke is gone. As I look over the reserve team, I am sad to say that there isn't any there either. I am looking for a quality keeper to take over for Senior, my present one, because he is well over 30 and looks like he is slowing down. I think I am going to use a good chunk of my transfer money to get a good young keeper. I have put most of the young [players I had starting into backup roles. They wear out too easily to be full time players. One goal for next year is definitely going to be to make it farther in the tournaments. I can't believe the showing my team put on.

wignasty

------------------
Old 11-01-2000, 03:55 PM   #9
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Either the loss of Burke hurts more than I think, or Stevenage Boro stepped it up come cup time. Beating them 5-1 then turning around and losing 1-0 the second time must hurt.

------------------
"One night I was stroking my woman and I got so good to her, you know what she said to me? She said
Stroke it Clarence Carter
But don't stroke so fast
If my stuff ain't tight enough
You can stick it up my ..." Clarence Carter "Strokin'"
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2000, 08:00 AM   #10
wignasty
In The Penalty Box

Yeah, I'm not to happy with that one. I'm starting to regret letting Burke go. I know I would have pulled out of debt on my own.

wignasty

------------------