Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2023, 05:45 PM   #3351
RainMaker
General Manager

Shelter in place has been lifted which I guess has to happen at some point. They are banning hunting in certain counties. I'd feel pretty on edge living up there.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 05:49 PM   #3352
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I agree, but then that just breeds conspiracy theories. "What are they trying to hide from us?" "He knew the truth about the Biden crime family, and the attack was trying to warn us..." kind of B.S.

I don't think it matters. They'll come up with conspiracies regardless because it allows them to never have to address the issue at hand (and why people of similar beliefs as them keep doing this).

Maybe it's just me, but I have noticed media outlets not covering the actual shooters as much as they used to. Maybe it's just that there are so many of, but I couldn't tell you the name of almost any of the recent mass shooters but could definitely remember older ones.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:17 PM   #3353
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

They definitely aren't pounding their names like they used to. That has been a good change. Stop making them celebrities.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 08:14 PM   #3354
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

He’s been found dead.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 09:12 PM   #3355
RainMaker
General Manager

Well that's good news.
Old 10-27-2023, 10:08 PM   #3356
kingfc22
Head Coach

Fucking coward. Just kill your self instead of you plus 18 or more
Old 10-28-2023, 04:08 AM   #3357
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This was totally expected. It was kind of a live action "Falling Down"
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 10:35 AM   #3358
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Fucking coward. Just kill your self instead of you plus 18 or more

Agreed.

Of course, it's not the gun's fault and mental health is a myth when it comes to Republicans.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 12:45 PM   #3359
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

One good thing has come out of this, and it is some reasoned discussion about how these weapons have no real place in hunting, despite what the gun lobby would have you believe:

Quote:
But for true hunters, the question of large magazines – some holding as many as a 1,000 rounds and canisters of explosion-creating tannerite, used for target practice, have no place in a hunters’ legitimate arsenal.

Quote:
“It depends on what caliber, because it’s not a traditional rifle, and on how they’re carrying and using it,” he said. He recalled a man using an AR-15 to shoot deer. “He was blasting off and this deer was running and he was still shooting. The frickin’ bullets were coming over my head. I went round to talk to him, ‘Shit, you gotta’ be careful.’”

If you're hunting for subsistence or trophies, an AR-style weapon is not the right tool, as you're more likely to mess up the meat/trophy than if you used a traditional hunting rifle. There were no AR-style weapons when I grew up in Maine, and my neighbors/classmates still had no trouble taking down all the game they wanted, up to and including moose.

Maine is hunting country. Most say assault rifles are not part of that | Maine shootings | The Guardian
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 01:08 PM   #3360
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
One good thing has come out of this, and it is some reasoned discussion about how these weapons have no real place in hunting, despite what the gun lobby would have you believe:

If you're hunting for subsistence or trophies, an AR-style weapon is not the right tool, as you're more likely to mess up the meat/trophy than if you used a traditional hunting rifle. There were no AR-style weapons when I grew up in Maine, and my neighbors/classmates still had no trouble taking down all the game they wanted, up to and including moose.

Maine is hunting country. Most say assault rifles are not part of that | Maine shootings | The Guardian
I could give you that from my own experience, even though this was from almost 40 years ago. We used to hunt in a camp not far from here (the property is now slap-dab in the middle of a huge warehouse district). We had a couple hundred acres where most of had been recently clear cut for hardwoods. It gave us some good open site-lines, and left enough brush and pine trees to have a pretty healthy deer population. Right next to us was another hunt camp on a way more heavily forested lot. Many times we would set up close to that property line with great results, because those guys where loud and seemed to spend most of their time trying to drive deer instead of what we were doing (using tree stands and watching natural patterns).

In Georgia at the time it was illegal to have more that a set number of shells in your rifle/shotgun based on what you were hunting. Deer hunting was restricted to 5 shells, where as rabbit was restricted to 3. Imagine our surprise one day as we we were set up along the property line and multiple bullets came flying around us from the other camp. They were using AR-15 style rifles and just absolutely opened up on some deer they had spotted. Bullets were flying around us as three guys unloaded large mags into the trees were they saw the deer moving (more for the thrill of shooting than actually what you would consider hunting).

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-28-2023 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-28-2023, 01:35 PM   #3361
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I don't know shit about guns, but once had something pointed out to me that stuck with me and I rarely see mentioned in these discussions:

A typical hunting rifle has the stock below the barrel, putting the barrel better in-line with eye, but the recoil will force the weapon upward on fire as a result. That prioritization works fine for hunters, who want to take the most accurate shots as possible, while putting as few bullets in their prey as possible.

AR style weapons have the stock in line with the barrel, so that the recoil goes straight back and the shooter can keep their weapon relatively on target while pouring out as money bullets as possible. A prioritization that only makes sense for hunting people.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 10-28-2023 at 01:37 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 01:38 PM   #3362
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I don't know shit about guns, but once had something pointed out to me that stuck with me and I rarely see mentioned in these discussions:

A typical hunting rifle has the stock below the barrel, putting the barrel better in-line with eye, but the recoil will force the weapon upward on fire as a result. That prioritization works fine for hunters, who want to take the most accurate shots as possible, while putting as few bullets in their prey as possible.

AR style weapons have the stock in line with the barrel, so that the recoil goes straight back and the shooter can keep their weapon relatively on target while pouring out as money bullets as possible. That's only useful for hunting people.
You are not wrong. They are weapons made for war. They are not made for fine accuracy or for preserving meat for food.
Old 10-29-2023, 04:53 AM   #3363
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

You can't cosplay as the Gravy Seals with a typical hunting rifle, though.
Old 10-29-2023, 06:04 AM   #3364
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
If you're hunting for subsistence or trophies, an AR-style weapon is not the right tool, as you're more likely to mess up the meat/trophy than if you used a traditional hunting rifle.
For hunting, it is less the weapon vs the caliber/load the weapon uses, and shot placement for meat/trophy. The "AR-style" weapon traditionally uses a 5.56 which works great for some game. But there are many AR style weapons that uses traditional hunting rifle calibers like 30-06, .308 for the larger game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
They were using AR-15 style rifles and just absolutely opened up on some deer they had spotted. Bullets were flying around us as three guys unloaded large mags into the trees were they saw the deer moving (more for the thrill of shooting than actually what you would consider hunting).
Large mags for hunting is stupid. No argument from me.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-29-2023 at 06:04 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 06:38 AM   #3365
Edward64
Head Coach

Even after reading the article, I'm still confused on who dropped the ball on him, who/what is ultimately the "key point of failure(s)". There were plenty of warning signs (plenty, read the article), family and friends involved, and there were some government follow-ups.

But ultimately, not enough done.

The article didn't answer all my questions. So, there's more to come out.

Police tried to check on the Maine gunman over concerns he could ‘snap and commit a mass shooting’ | CNN
Old 10-30-2023, 08:32 AM   #3366
JPhillips
General Manager

Maine has no red flag law so there wasn't much of anything that could be done.
Old 10-30-2023, 08:28 PM   #3367
miami_fan
Coordinator

There are only warning signs after the mass shooting happens. Let's take a look at some of the "warning signs".

The guy answered the door to his home with his legally purchased gun in hand. A gun store owner refused to sell him a gun silencer even though he was honest about his mental issues and even though those mental issues were not a legal problem before. He threatened people who I assume unjustly in his mind called him a pedophile with violence. Finally he punched a buddy during a argument and then the guy who got punched went running to senior leadership saying that the puncher threatened to shoot up the work place. Each of those things happen multiple times a day in the U.S. every day especially in male dominated environments.

Sorry folks but other than that last one, we are not taking any of that seriously enough to believe that person is a threat if it happens in our workplaces tomorrow much less six months, a year or more down the road. If he was treated as a potential mass shooter due to just one of these incidents, we are screaming about making mountains out of molehills, the government trying to control his the life, taking away his God given rights and make it impossible to earn a decent living. I can't imagine the shit the friend took for expressing the "over the top" comments about the guy shooting up the drill center just because the guy punched that friend during an argument. Of course now that he did commit mass murder now it no longer sounds that over the top.

I don't know what the answer is but unless we are going to make the call that any incidents close to what I described above are signs that that person is a potential mass shooter and act in a manner that treats them as such until we confirm otherwise.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 10-30-2023 at 08:28 PM.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 09:16 PM   #3368
RainMaker
General Manager

Sounds like family, friends, an ex, co-workers, and the military warned the local police and they did jack shit.

Maine mass shooting: Deputies were warned about Robert Card for months
Old 10-31-2023, 04:21 AM   #3369
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I don't know what the answer is but unless we are going to make the call that any incidents close to what I described above are signs that that person is a potential mass shooter and act in a manner that treats them as such until we confirm otherwise.

This is just a longshot but I have an idea. How about we don't allow people to buy Assault rifles.
Old 10-31-2023, 04:22 AM   #3370
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Also the important thing here is that Susan Collins appeared in front of the press and acted surprised.
Old 10-31-2023, 05:42 PM   #3371
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
This is just a longshot but I have an idea. How about we don't allow people to buy Assault rifles.

Crazy talk.
Old 10-31-2023, 06:04 PM   #3372
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Also the important thing here is that Susan Collins appeared in front of the press and acted surprised.
I'd wager she was concerned, bordering on troubled.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 03:24 PM   #3373
Thomkal
Head Coach

Active Shooter now dead on UNLV campus, unsure of how many victims
Old 12-06-2023, 03:37 PM   #3374
GrantDawg

It is interesting they are not giving any kind of numbers. Basically all that is been given is there are victims, so more than one.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2023, 03:39 PM   #3375
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Active Shooter now dead on UNLV campus, unsure of how many victims

I've been in both places where shots were reported (BEH and the Student Union) frequently both as a student and an instructor. I also lived like 3 blocks from campus for 6 years.

As always, hoping no one I know is among the victims. And that's pretty much all I'll say now, as my mind has been going haywire since news first broke and a friend of mine messaged me to make sure I was okay and not anywhere near campus.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 04:00 PM   #3376
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I've been in both places where shots were reported (BEH and the Student Union) frequently both as a student and an instructor. I also lived like 3 blocks from campus for 6 years.

As always, hoping no one I know is among the victims. And that's pretty much all I'll say now, as my mind has been going haywire since news first broke and a friend of mine messaged me to make sure I was okay and not anywhere near campus.

Yeah thought of you when the news broke-glad you are safe, and that no one you know is a victim
Old 12-06-2023, 06:12 PM   #3377
RainMaker
General Manager

NBC reporting at least 3 killed, 1 in critical condition. Hoping it stays at that.
Old 12-06-2023, 06:19 PM   #3378
RainMaker
General Manager

Guess there was a shooter in Texas yesterday too. Former Army officer or something.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nio-rcna128283
Old 12-06-2023, 09:11 PM   #3379
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I ...um....here

LeBron reacts to UNLV shooting, calling inaction on gun control 'ridiculous' - ESPN
Old 12-07-2023, 08:31 AM   #3380
Thomkal
Head Coach

I saw today that the gunmen is a 67 year old college professor, but (so far) ties to colleges in GA and NC not Nevada.
Old 12-07-2023, 08:58 AM   #3381
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

It's so sickening how three people can be shot and killed at university and it's essentially not considered significantly newsworthy. It shows up on the first page of the NYT and Washington Post, but the headline is buried pretty far down.

I do the same calculus, too, whenever I head about a shooting. I don't have a specific formula, or anything, but I immediately want to know: 1) How young were the victims; 2) How many were killed; 3) Where it happened, and 4) Who was the shooter.

You throw those factors into a mix and sometimes the even feels devastating and other times you just have to shake your head, shrug your shoulders and move on. It's fucking insane.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 09:38 AM   #3382
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I saw today that the gunmen is a 67 year old college professor, but (so far) ties to colleges in GA and NC not Nevada.

He applied for a job at UNLV and didn't get it. He didn't target students - just faculty and staff. So my hunch is that it was revenge slaying for not getting the job.

Police raided his apartment last night. He lived over in Henderson, so I imagine the neighbors were pretty stunned - Henderson/Green Valley and Summerlin (or generally west of the 95 - east of the 95 all the way over to where Green Valley/Henderson start is where things can get sketchy) are the best parts of town to live in.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 09:50 AM   #3383
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
He applied for a job at UNLV and didn't get it. He didn't target students - just faculty and staff. So my hunch is that it was revenge slaying for not getting the job.

Police raided his apartment last night. He lived over in Henderson, so I imagine the neighbors were pretty stunned - Henderson/Green Valley and Summerlin (or generally west of the 95 - east of the 95 all the way over to where Green Valley/Henderson start is where things can get sketchy) are the best parts of town to live in.

Thanks for the update. That would be a reason for sure to snap and start shooting. Not a good reason mind you.
Old 12-07-2023, 02:23 PM   #3384
RainMaker
General Manager

Sounds like he was a bit of a conspiracy nut. Thought he cracked the Zodiac killer's code and figured out where the Malaysian flight ended up. Also big Alex Jones guy.

UNLV mass shooter ID'd as Anthony Polito, professor who failed to get job at school
Old 01-04-2024, 04:13 PM   #3385
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

A sixth gtader killed and 5 others injured at a high school in Iowa this morning

DeSantis stepped forward to say shootings aren't a federal issue and everyone should look to how awesome his state deals with this
Old 01-04-2024, 04:23 PM   #3386
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Iowa, come on down! You're the next contestant on
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 04:34 PM   #3387
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

"Thoughts and Prayers"
Old 01-04-2024, 04:36 PM   #3388
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

It wasn't an ar15. It was a pump action shotgun and a handgun
Old 01-04-2024, 05:09 PM   #3389
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Locally they found a head to go with the torso they found earlier this month
Old 01-19-2024, 10:39 PM   #3390
RainMaker
General Manager

Weird it took so long for this to be confirmed.

Racist manifesto released in Jacksonville Dollar General shooting
Old 01-20-2024, 01:34 AM   #3391
Schmidty
Coordinator

I have not read this thread. I’m tired and don’t want to read it, so I’ll just shove my opinion down your throat.

I am mentally ill (by the DSM5’s standard), so I know that I should not own a gun. And I never have and never will. Not because I would EVER hurt anyone, but because my mind is chaotic. I would be the actual human that’s CN in DnD, and it’s because it’s true, not just me being lazy and not wanting to roleplay. So I shouldn’t own a gun.

But, I hate this government and now AI, so taking the guns away from left, right, center, fuck all? Hell fucking no. This shit would go down in a heartbeat. We’d be dead and AI and people that think they’d get shit out of this (like every party) would be laughing and then….

Then, I didn’t think that far ahead. But, all of those poor kids like the ones here in Uvalde would still be dead, but so would everyone else. Because if you can’t fight back, you are fucked.

Now you can all talk about the minutiae about assault and blah blah. Good night.
Old 01-23-2024, 11:29 PM   #3392
Edward64
Head Coach

Nice.

Kevin Monahan found guilty of murder for death of 20-year-old Kaylin Gillis, who was fatally shot when car turned in wrong driveway. | CNN
Quote:
Kevin Monahan was found guilty of second-degree murder Tuesday for shooting and killing a woman who was a passenger in a car that mistakenly drove up his driveway in rural New York last year, according to Katherine Thompson, deputy chief clerk of Washington County Supreme and County Courts.

I can only imagine what the jury deliberations were like with the below excuse. If this is the best the defense attorney could come up with ...

Quote:
“He truly believes what happened was an accident. That he stumbled and he fell and the shotgun went off by accident,” Mausert said of his client.
Quote:
Monahan told jurors that he and his wife were awakened by three vehicles in his driveway: two SUVs and a motorcycle revving its engine, the station reported. He testified that he told his wife to hide in their closet and he loaded his 20-gauge pump-action shotgun before going outside.

Monahan testified that he thought about past criminal activity in the area and fired a warning shot into the air. The vehicles began to leave slowly, he testified, and he lost his balance on some nails on his deck when the second fatal shot was fired, Spectrum News 1 reported.

Under cross-examination, Monahan was not able to point out in a photograph the nails that caused him to lose his balance. He was emotional when asked how Gillis’ death made him feel, telling the jury that his “soul is dead,” the station reported.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:21 AM   #3393
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Nice.

Kevin Monahan found guilty of murder for death of 20-year-old Kaylin Gillis, who was fatally shot when car turned in wrong driveway. | CNN

I can only imagine what the jury deliberations were like with the below excuse. If this is the best the defense attorney could come up with ...

My first thought, were I in his shoes, would be "are they turning around?". I can't count the times I've been in the house, see a car turn in the drive, and wonder "who's that?", to have them back out and go the other way.

Sent the wife to hide, loaded the gun, went outside. No mention of calling the police.

I have no problem with him getting the gun, late at night one never knows, but going outside? When your afraid because of crime in the area? To face off with three vehicles? Incredibly stupid. If they are there with bad intent how far are you getting outside and exposed standing your ground?

How about staying inside your locked house with the loaded gun, calling the police, stay on the phone with the police while you wait for them to arrive, and observe from a window while keeping the police informed?

I hope he gets the max sentence.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 03:12 PM   #3394
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
My first thought, were I in his shoes, would be "are they turning around?". I can't count the times I've been in the house, see a car turn in the drive, and wonder "who's that?", to have them back out and go the other way.

Sent the wife to hide, loaded the gun, went outside. No mention of calling the police.

I have no problem with him getting the gun, late at night one never knows, but going outside? When your afraid because of crime in the area? To face off with three vehicles? Incredibly stupid. If they are there with bad intent how far are you getting outside and exposed standing your ground?

How about staying inside your locked house with the loaded gun, calling the police, stay on the phone with the police while you wait for them to arrive, and observe from a window while keeping the police informed?

I hope he gets the max sentence.

Thr burden of responsibility should belong to the person that chooses to bring guns into the equation. He made that choice. He owns it. IMO guilt or innocence and the potential penalty shouldn't change whether he tripped and dropped the gun which caused the shot to fire or did so purposely.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 03:48 PM   #3395
RainMaker
General Manager

It seems like he had gotten himself so worked up watching cable news that he just wanted to shoot someone. I don't think there is much more to it. If it wasn't that girl, it would have been someone who bumped into him at a grocery store or cut him off on the road.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:07 PM   #3396
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
A warning shot is never an allowed thing to do under the law. One of the first things you learn if taking a concealed carry class.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 04:15 PM   #3397
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm guessing he's lying about the warning shot just like he lied about the nail he tripped on.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:33 PM   #3398
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Thr burden of responsibility should belong to the person that chooses to bring guns into the equation. He made that choice. He owns it. IMO guilt or innocence and the potential penalty shouldn't change whether he tripped and dropped the gun which caused the shot to fire or did so purposely.

I don't think I said anything that would contradict this.

If he stays in the house there is no issue unless they tried to get in, which these folks clearly weren't going to do. A simple call to the cops saying "there's someone on my property, I don't know what their intent is." and then wait inside for the cops to investigate. I said going outside is STUPID and I hope he gets the max.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:59 PM   #3399
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I don't think I said anything that would contradict this.

If he stays in the house there is no issue unless they tried to get in, which these folks clearly weren't going to do. A simple call to the cops saying "there's someone on my property, I don't know what their intent is." and then wait inside for the cops to investigate. I said going outside is STUPID and I hope he gets the max.

Sorry I was quoting you more in agreement than anything.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 08:29 PM   #3400
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Sorry I was quoting you more in agreement than anything.

I wasn't quite sure how to read it in regard to if he had stayed inside with the gun? I should have put a question mark after "I don't think I said anything that would contradict this?". A bit of confusion on my part equals my bad.