Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2022, 12:40 AM   #1
Skinnymini
n00b

Generated defensive gameplans?

At the bottom of the Defensive Philosophy subsection, the manual states

"As with all the planning screens in Front Office Football, you can generate a game plan automatically with one button-press. You can even select the twelve plays you want to use and have the game assign them to sections. Front Office Football takes your strengths and your upcoming opponent’s strengths into account when creating a game plan."

I can only generate random gameplans. How do you select 12 plays and generate gameplans from there?

Skinnymini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:27 PM   #2
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnymini View Post
At the bottom of the Defensive Philosophy subsection, the manual states

"As with all the planning screens in Front Office Football, you can generate a game plan automatically with one button-press. You can even select the twelve plays you want to use and have the game assign them to sections. Front Office Football takes your strengths and your upcoming opponent’s strengths into account when creating a game plan."

I can only generate random gameplans. How do you select 12 plays and generate gameplans from there?
If you already have 12 plays for use selected, after hitting the [generate defensive game plan] button, the game will give a second pop up about whether you want to remove those 12 plays (and thus make the AI do over). When you say "no" to that option, your 12 selected plays stay and (only) the vs formation stuff is redone.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 10:38 AM   #3
Joker
H.S. Freshman Team

What he may be asking...
Can you select 12 Defensive plays on your own for your game plan,
Then have the computer insert those plays into the game plan, by hitting Generate.

The Answer is no
but wouldnt that be cool!!!
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 11:55 AM   #4
nickelback
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
What he may be asking...
Can you select 12 Defensive plays on your own for your game plan,
Then have the computer insert those plays into the game plan, by hitting Generate.

The Answer is no
but wouldnt that be cool!!!

Actually you can do this.
nickelback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 10:30 PM   #5
conception
n00b

I'm actually doing pretty well just letting REX handle things right now. REX seems to have a pretty good idea of what my defenders are good at and what needs to be stopped on the other team.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 04:05 PM   #6
mac88
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception View Post
I'm actually doing pretty well just letting REX handle things right now. REX seems to have a pretty good idea of what my defenders are good at and what needs to be stopped on the other team.

The only problem with rexing is they love the double teams and spys way to much for my liking. I like to manually select 12 plays and then let the rex gameplan with the plays I selected. That seems to be the best of both worlds.
mac88 is offline   Reply With Quote