Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2023, 09:57 AM   #1
Edward64
Head Coach

Can a Karen ever be called "hot"?

As a homage to Senator and the other thread which has slowly run its course, here's my attempt to inject levity to FOFC.

Saw this today and realized we don't have a Hall of Shame for Karens. Thought below was kinda sad but also funny. Watch the video. Feel for the boyfriend also, seems like he tried his best.

Brianna Pinnix, 30, is FIRED from her job after Daily Mail exposed her as the 'Train Karen' who drunkenly told German tourists in NYC to 'get the f**k out of my country' | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Brianna Pinnix, 30, is FIRED from her job after Daily Mail exposed her as the 'Train Karen' who drunkenly told German tourists in NYC to 'get the f**k out of my country'

Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 10:00 AM   #2
Edward64
Head Coach

I wonder how many of these folks wake up the next morning and ...

1) Say "oh shit", I shouldn't have done that -- probably majority
2) Truly are sorry for their actions and not just being caught -- 50-50?
3) Were under the influence of alcohol, marijuana etc. -- probably majority
4) Lost their jobs after -- probably majority

EDIT:

FWIW, I did try to find the "male" equivalent of Karen. There is no consensus, it was all over the place

I did also consider naming this thread as "The thread for Karens". That is probably more PC nowadays but I wanted a connection to Senator's thread. But if the title offends many, I'll be glad to change it up.

Just saw there was a dupe thread. Deleted that one, sorry.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-05-2023 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-05-2023, 10:03 AM   #3
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

You left out the best pic, which is the booty one. I'd hit it and quit it
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 10:18 AM   #4
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

I posted this in the now erased duplicate thread. I am including it here so nobody thinks Edward erased the other thread on purpose. Plus, I am a big believer in transparency, and the historical record.

Last edited by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding : 10-05-2023 at 10:19 AM.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 11:28 AM   #5
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I did also consider naming this thread as "The thread for Karens". That is probably more PC nowadays but I wanted a connection to Senator's thread. But if the title offends many, I'll be glad to change it up.
It's not "PC" to call people a particular name either. I know two actual Karens, I feel bad for them to read their name is used as a slur word across the ocean.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 11:52 AM   #6
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
It's not "PC" to call people a particular name either. I know two actual Karens, I feel bad for them to read their name is used as a slur word across the ocean.

Do you know any Chads?
Old 10-05-2023, 08:06 PM   #7
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I don't know that Dick, Rod, B.J., Gaylord, Peter, Fanny, Ralph, or Woody were ever consulted before their names go co-opted, so Karen can fuck right off.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 06:20 AM   #8
Edward64
Head Coach

Looked up who was the first Karen. As far as who was first in contemporary times, I don't think there's a consensus however Amy Cooper keeps on coming up. So, if not the first, it was circa around her.

Quote:
In 2020, when Amy Cooper called the police on a black man in Central Park who asked her to put her dog on a leash, the phrase “Karen” abounded on social media.
Quote:
Before the public learned the name of a white woman who called the police on a Black man in Central Park on May 25, she could easily be identified by a moniker. The internet agreed with certainty that Amy Cooper was a "Karen."

FWIW, here's a story behind the incident. Essentially saying we're missing context (including her sexual assault history) on what occurred.

The Real Story of €œThe Central Park Karen€

I think fair chance that many Karen episodes are taken out of context.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-06-2023 at 06:37 AM.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:47 AM   #9
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think fair chance that many Karen episodes are taken out of context.

And by "many", reality is that it's probably more like "most".
Old 10-06-2023, 10:13 AM   #10
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
And by "many", reality is that it's probably more like "most".

I'm really not sure, most of the stuff I've seen are because of alcohol (e.g. like on airplanes) or truly misplaced sense of entitlement (also on airplane where woman expected flight attendant to pick up her kids mess).

But the point is still valid, there are those that probably do not deserve the Karen title.

I'll try keep it to the drunks and truly egregious e.g. think my first post was pretty clear cut.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-06-2023 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:40 AM   #11
molson
General Manager

I have a sister Karin, I think when you're a nice Karin, that just stands out even more.

Edit: Or are Karins different than Karens?

Last edited by molson : 10-06-2023 at 10:45 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 12:05 PM   #12
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I don't know that Dick, Rod, B.J., Gaylord, Peter, Fanny, Ralph, or Woody were ever consulted before their names go co-opted, so Karen can fuck right off.

Nimrod, Dorcas, (Dumb) Dora... (Partially rehabbed by the explorer, I guess.)

More recently, Becky.
Old 10-06-2023, 12:46 PM   #13
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Nimrod, Dorcas, (Dumb) Dora... (Partially rehabbed by the explorer, I guess.)

More recently, Becky.

Jim Bob called, said he didn't wanna hear anybody bitch.

Jethro agreed.
Old 10-06-2023, 02:01 PM   #14
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm really not sure, most of the stuff I've seen are because of alcohol (e.g. like on airplanes) or truly misplaced sense of entitlement (also on airplane where woman expected flight attendant to pick up her kids mess).

But the point is still valid, there are those that probably do not deserve the Karen title.

I'll try keep it to the drunks and truly egregious e.g. think my first post was pretty clear cut.

Yes racist in this country always have any excuse.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 07:44 PM   #15
Edward64
Head Coach

Welcome Stephanie.

(Something about those eyes in the 2nd pic)

Moment 'drunk rich girl' in Tesla gets pulled over for DUI - and unleashes barrage of abuse on cops including telling them 'my father owns an island' | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Stephanie Bloodworth, 24, told police they were on her father's property as they tried to arrest her on the secluded Florida Keys island
Quote:
Moment 'drunk rich girl' in Tesla gets pulled over for DUI - and unleashes barrage of abuse on cops including telling them 'my father owns an island'

Old 10-07-2023, 10:47 AM   #16
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Full video of above Entitled Drunk Flees in Tesla, Cries for Daddy when Caught - YouTube
Old 10-07-2023, 11:08 AM   #17
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:

2 minutes in.. holy shit that is one pissed off cop lol
Old 10-07-2023, 11:12 AM   #18
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

she blew a .25
Old 10-07-2023, 11:25 AM   #19
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
she blew a .25

YEAH BUT WHAT DID I DO
Old 10-07-2023, 11:49 AM   #20
Edward64
Head Coach

This happened in Feb 2022.

Wonder what's the story behind how the "story" broke now. I can only imagine her friends ragging her on this.
Old 10-07-2023, 12:06 PM   #21
Edward64
Head Coach

Here's the husband-of-passenger Karen expecting the Flight Attendent to pick up their kid's mess. To be fair, it was the husband that publicly expressed his outrage but have to believe the wife whined about it to him.

Honestly, I get not having a 22 week pregnant wife bend over & clean up the mess. But no problem in asking the 5-year old kid to do it.

Pregnant mum forced to clean up spilled food by flight attendant sparking fury - Mirror Online
Quote:
Baseball star Anthony Bass has been left outraged after a flight attendant ordered his 22-week pregnant wife to get on her hands and knees to clean up after their toddler.

The Toronto Blue Jays pitcher's family were travelling on a United Airlines flight when in-flight crews noticed that popcorn had spilled onto the floor. Their two daughters were on board with Bass' wife, who was made to clear up the mess by the attendants.
Quote:
The Blue Jays star took to Twitter to express his anger, even engaging in a conversation with the customer service team at United Airlines. But the post appears to have backfired, with many users siding with the flight attendant.
Quote:
"The flight attendant @united just made my 22 week pregnant wife traveling with a 5 year old and 2 year old get on her hands and knees to pick up the popcorn mess by my youngest daughter," Bass tweeted. "Are you kidding me?!?!"

Old 10-07-2023, 05:25 PM   #22
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Jim Bob called, said he didn't wanna hear anybody bitch.

Jethro agreed.

My mom and her husband had a cat named Jethro until he passed a couple years ago.

(When I was in college I went with her to adopt a cat -- our first -- and I suggested we name her Jazz, because she liked jazz. We did; I thought it could be short for Jasmine, but she always called her Jezebel for whatever reason. Also perhaps not the greatest name.)
Old 10-07-2023, 05:25 PM   #23
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Why didn't this lazy fuck clean up the mess? FOH
Old 10-07-2023, 05:30 PM   #24
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Why didn't this lazy fuck clean up the mess? FOH

He wasn't on the flight. It was just wife and 2 kids.
Old 10-10-2023, 07:05 AM   #25
Edward64
Head Coach

Nice.

Poolside Karen's tirade against Latino family is revealed in new bodycam footage as she brands them 'trashy and nasty' and tells cop 'they don't belong here' | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Blair Featherman, 49, launched the attack on the group for having a party at a Colorado swimming pool over the July 4 weekend.
Quote:
At this point, Featherman approaches the woman filming, before physically accosting her.

'You can't do that. You can't just record me,' she says, before hitting the phone out of the hands of the person filming.

The spliced footage then jumps to what is presumed to be a few minutes later, with Featherman now being held down by a male member of her own party on one of the pool's sun loungers.

She did apologize.

https://www.insideedition.com/poolsi...nterview-83590
Quote:
"I completely apologize for saying what I did about the pool party. I saw the video. It's completely embarrassing. I don't want to act like that or be like that," says Blair Featherman.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-10-2023 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-10-2023, 07:35 AM   #26
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

There seems to be a couple of types of Karen looks. Both of these last two are of the "influencer Karen" style.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 08:08 AM   #27
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
There seems to be a couple of types of Karen looks. Both of these last two are of the "influencer Karen" style.

To be fair, I am trying to be selective and holding true to the thread title. My guess is there are more than a couple types.

(Probably will change eventually like in the other thread though)
Old 10-10-2023, 12:49 PM   #28
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
To be fair, I am trying to be selective and holding true to the thread title. My guess is there are more than a couple types.

(Probably will change eventually like in the other thread though)
I'm speaking just from the experience I have seen in the wild, and on Twitter/Tik Tok. I think you could break them all down into three to five categories. Just off the top of my head, you have "influencer" "can I speak to your manager/classic" and "Racist".
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 04:28 PM   #29
AgustusM
College Prospect

Well since I have been married to Karen for over 20 years I can say two things -

1. yeah she is flaming hot, has been since the day we met and after 4 kids and 20+ years of marriage she is hotter then ever.
2. She is not “a Karen” she is considerate of everyone and the last one who would ever “act like a stereotypical Karen”

Yes I am biased, but lucky for me all of that is true
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 09:26 PM   #30
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

I just want to say I approve of this thread.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 09:52 PM   #31
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
I just want to say I approve of this thread.

And just for you ...

https://medium.com/foundation-of-afr...o-c9e39504ecce
Quote:
During the early morning hours of Sunday, November 6, 2022 freshman student Kylah Spring was working her job at the reception desk of the Boyd Hall dormitory. Around 1:00 AM a 22-year-old woman (later identified as senior Sophia Rosing) entered the building. Rosing was drunk and didn’t have a key card. Concerned and following protocol—which required Spring to report any unwell student to the resident assistant on duty—she asked Rosing if she was okay. This simple question sparked a ten-minute tirade in which Rosing kicked, punched, and bit Spring and a friend of hers who attempted to help.

Throughout the ordeal, Rosing used the n-word repeatedly, at one point singing it to Spring and her friend. Spring is a Black woman, Rosing is white. The Daily Mail reports that Rosing used the n-word over two hundred times in just ten minutes. Throughout the video, Rosing can be heard telling Spring to “do my chores” and calling her “an ugly n***** b****.”

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-23-2023 at 10:31 PM.