Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

What The Hell Are You Drinking?

In the tradition of the "What The Hell" threads, I would like to open a discussion about everyone's favorite pastime...drinking alcohol.

What kind of beer is currently in your fridge? What's your favorite beer/mixed drink? What's in your liquor cabinet? What can you drink all night long and not feel a thing? What gets you spinning after just a couple shots? Are you good at mixing drinks, or does your spouse/boyfriend/life partner mix them for you? When did you start drinking? Have you recently tried a new drink that you loved/hated?

Also, please feel free to veer off of the questions I asked above. They were just mean to be an ice breaker for the whole conversation. I would love for this thread to turn into one where people will post after trying a new brew or homemade mixed drink. In my opinion, one of the many joys of brews/mixed drinks are the variety of tastes and the totally legal effects they can have on you.

So, pour it on folks. Don't hold back, we're all adults here (at least in the sense that we can legally purchase booze).

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 07-21-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
JediKooter
Coordinator

I'm not a beer snob and like different kinds of beers, same with drinks...so here's what I have in my fridge:

1 Coors Light

However, I like Coors Light, Boddingtons, Guiness, Dos Equis and Miller Lite.
Mixed drinks: Kamakazis, Rum & Coke, Soju/Coke/Sprite, Pineapple & Spiced Rum, Long Island Ice Teas, Tequila (straight, no pussying out with salt and lime), and Boones Farm Strawberry Hill. That's right, Boones Farm.

I can drink a lot of any of those, but, the ones that will make me forget what century it is, is the Long Island Ice Teas, but, that's after I'm done drinking them. While I'm drinking them, I'm fine. Well, in my opinion at least.

I hate any drinks with whiskey or scotch. Tastes like complete crap to me. Can't stand red wine, but, that's because it feels like I'm drinking battery acid. Not that I've ever drank battery acid, but, what I imagine it would be like.

My cousin has some moonshine that I've been wanting to try, but, haven't had the chance to yet.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Jooooooooooosssseeeee.

I keep it classy with my malternatives.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Currently in my beer fridge there is some Corona, Newcastle and Bell's Oberon.

Other than occassionally at restaurants or weddings or bars, I really don't drink hard liquor. We have some in a cabinet, but I don't think I've ever had a mixed drink at my house.

We have some bottles of wine, but since Lady H_B stopped drinking, I really don't drink those either, since I wont drink an entire bottle in one evening and will rarely drink wine more than once a week so. So wine drinking is relegated to when we have company over.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 07-21-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
Logan
Head Coach

My apartment just restocked our kegerator with Sam Summer. In the fridge are some Bud Light bottless, some Guinness, and way, way in the back are some Natty Lights that some guy brought over and no one ever drank.

As for harder stuff, I've been on scotch pretty much exclusively for the past couple years. Maccallan 12 is my usual and is what's in the apt now, but if I'm at a bar here I usually just get Black Label cause it ends up being much cheaper. Also like Patron. I used to be able to drink vodka, rum, etc without a problem, but if I have 2 or 3 of those I get nearly blackout drunk...but I can drink countless glasses of scotch/rocks and be fine. Go figure.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Beer wise, right now I have a six pack of Becks in the fridge. After I polish that off, I have a 24 pack of Kirin Ichiban from Costco waiting in the cupboard. I typically drink one beer per night, either just before dinner or during dinner, depending on what's to eat.

When I'm not kicking back other lagers like Stella or Sam Adams, I like to venture into wheat and stout beer options. New Castle, Fat Tire, Guinness, Maui Brewing Company's Coconut Porter, Hefeweizen, and Blue Moon are some regulars. I have a history of some pretty nasty alcoholism in the family, so I waited until I was 22 to have my first drink. Crazy I know. My first beer was a Corona with a lime in it.

Mixed drinks that I enjoy are actually few and far between. Hard alcohol has a terrible effect on my stomach, and quite often gives me a headache too. If a long island is made right, I will have one. I make Mai Tai's regularly out here in Hawai'i. Our liquor cabinet current has the following...

Baileys
Kahlua
Bacardi Light Rum
Myers Dark Rum
Capt Morgans Spice Rum
Smirnoff (in the freezer)

I do like bloody mary's, but I only drink them when I'm in Vegas. I would like to try scotch one day, just so's I can say I did.

I definitely like wine. I much prefer reds over whites, but whites can be delicious if paired with the right dish. Zin's and Cab's are a delight, but only when I'm having them with burgers/dogs/steak. Pinot Noir is probably my favorite sipping wine, with a Merlot coming in a close second. I've had Syrah before and enjoyed it, along with some other types that were decent but not out of this world.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 07-21-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Just bought a few new brews for my poisoning and right now I have:

Hopback Amber
Dogfish 90 min. IPA
Dogfish Palo Santo

I love the Hopback Nugget, seasonal though and I haven't seen any for the last month.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

In the fridge right now I have some Hoegaarden, Newcastle Brown Ale, and Ranger IPA (New Belgium Brewery). I just ran out of Allagash White which I recently tried and think is quite good. I mix it up, a new store opened in my town that offers a large variety of craft beers, both bottled and on tap (you can buy a refillable glass jug - choice of 32, 64, or 128 oz. - if you want something on tap to take home) so I am trying a new beer almost every weekend.

Other than the beer which is more of a weekend thing I have a glass of red wine with dinner a few nights per week. I rarely drink liquor these days, when I do it's generally a white Russian.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Just bought a few new brews for my poisoning and right now I have:

Hopback Amber
Dogfish 90 min. IPA
Dogfish Palo Santo

I love the Hopback Nugget, seasonal though and I haven't seen any for the last month.

IPA just kills me. Something about the hops overload makes my whole face scrunch up. It's hard for me to down even a single bottle. Other than that, it sounds like you prefer microbrews...nice
Old 07-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #10
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Friend of mine also stumbled across a couple 120 min 4 packs and he bought some Palo Santo to back it up. That's my weekend drinking, I probably won't be able to function until Wednesday.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
IPA just kills me. Something about the hops overload makes my whole face scrunch up. It's hard for me to down even a single bottle. Other than that, it sounds like you prefer microbrews...nice

I'm a total snob. You should get a 120, the sweetness of the 20% alcohol covers up a lot of the hoppiness .

Old 07-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #12
Schmidty
Coordinator

Diet Coke.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #13
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks Schmidty, now I feel like a dick

Old 07-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #14
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

I'll drink anything. If you have it, I'll drink it.

What kind of beer is currently in your fridge? - sadly none

What's your favorite beer/mixed drink? - Long Island Iced Tea

What's in your liquor cabinet? - sadly none

What can you drink all night long and not feel a thing? - Hmm. I'm sort of a lightweight. So I guess the answer would be Diet Coke

What gets you spinning after just a couple shots? - Any hard liquor, I'm a lightweight.

Are you good at mixing drinks, or does your spouse/boyfriend/life partner mix them for you? - I need a recipe to make a good mixed drink. I don't drink often and don't know what goes well with what. Ant drinks the occasional wine.

When did you start drinking? - If the question is, how old I was when I first had a drink... I was about 5. My parents let me have a sip of beer. Drinking moderately, about 17.

Have you recently tried a new drink that you loved/hated? - Nope
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #15
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Thanks Schmidty, now I feel like a dick

No worries. I actually went to a bar with my father-in-law this past week and had a blast. Played lots of pool, and won lots of money in bets as he proceeded to get very drunk.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #17
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Saw a good documentary called Beer Wars. I was amazed at the power and influence of Anheuser Busch (now InBev). They own: Stella, Bass, Beck's Rolling Rock Hoegaarden, Michelob, Boddington's... They also control 70% of the distribution.

Super cool to see Stone Brewing doing well. Have some high school buddies working for them. Always nice to end the evening with an Arrogant Bastard
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #18
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Beer - I am snobbish and I can't stand most of the domestic AB, Coors or other shit...Microbrews are generally my preferred.

Wine - I prefer Australian or South African wine, Shiraz is my favorite.

Liquor - My 2 favorites are amaretto and rum....Mixed drinks...I like Amaretto and Cranberry with a splash of soda....I just had an awesome rum mixed drink, Ginger Beer with Rum, first time having it, and I am hooked.

I love to make mixed drinks because bars tend to make them to light, friends tend to make them to strong.

I can't drink Jaeger anymore, it just gets me ill smelling it...to many rough nights hugging a bottle of it.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #19
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

What's your favorite beer/mixed drink?

Probably gin & tonic. Though there was a drink in this one bar in Brussels that remains my favorite drink of all time. It was called a "Tatanka" it was Bison Grass Vodka and apple juice. Apparently Bison Grass Vodka can't be sold in the US because it may contain carcinogens (oops!). It was an amazing drink. It tasted like liquid apple pie, sweet, a little cinnamony. Awesome.

What can you drink all night long and not feel a thing?

Gin & tonics treat me kindly. Vodka as well. And I've always been good friends with Jagermesiter. We seem to have an understanding.

What gets you spinning after just a couple shots?

Whiskey is not kind to me at all. And I refuse to drink any mixed drink with any kind of dairy product. I'm lactose intolerant and the combination of alcohol and dairy does not agree with me in the slightest.

Are you good at mixing drinks, or does your spouse/boyfriend/life partner mix them for you?

Like I said. I really only drink when I'm out. I don't really mix drinks.

When did you start drinking?

When I turned 21, but I really didn't start drinking until I was 23 or so.

Have you recently tried a new drink that you loved/hated?

No. 95% of the time I drink, I drink beer. I tend to stick to what I like if I can. My favorites are Newcastle, Shiner Bock and Guinness. If I am drinking in bulk I like Labbats Blue or PBR.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #20
DanGarion
Coordinator

It's all about the Natty Ice!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #21
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Zima ftw!

or is it ftl? :/
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #22
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

For the ladies?

Old 07-21-2010, 05:32 PM   #23
DanGarion
Coordinator

But honestly. I usually have some type of Kona Brewing Company beer in my fridge, along with some type of Miller product. I also always have an assortment of Microbrews and Imports.

As for hard liquor I don't really drink much. I tried to get into Scotch and Irish Whiskey but I just don't really drink it that much.

We have a vodka, whiskey, whisky, rum, tequila, orange liquor, etc in our possession, but we just don't really drink it that much.

Favorite mixed drink remains a Colorado Bulldog, that's good shit, but I haven't had one for over a year.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #24
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Currently in my fridge:

Sam Adams Summer Variety Pack -
-Summer Ale
-Latitude 48
-Blackberry Witbier
-Sam Adams
-Sam Adams Light
Coors Light
Bud Light
Corona
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat (this is independent of the summer pack) - I've been a huge fan of this lately. Just a great summer sipping beer.

Favorite Beer ever is easily Westvleteren. Former roommate went to Grad School in Brussels, brought some of this back one time. It is leaps and bounds better than anything I've ever had. And I love me some craft brews, and I've tried tons of them. EDIT: Favorite beer that I drink regularly? Probably Newcastle Brown.

My favorite Mixed Drink is a Bloody Mary. Best Bloody Mary I've ever had was at Zodo's Bowling Alley in Goleta, CA. Used to go in there every Sunday to watch football all day. Close runner up has to be Bill's, a breakfast joint here in San Jose right around the corner from my house. EDIT, part Deux: Bloody Mary's are sort of an "in the mood" kind of drink though. I would say my go-to mixed drink is a Bombay Sapphire and Tonic, followed closely by a Whiskey on the rocks. I love me some good whiskey.

My liquor cabinet is still a work in progress. I have some Crown Royal, Bacardi Silver and some Jameson 12 year.

Drink all night: nothing, anymore. I will randomly have a morning after drinking where I'm blessedly not hung over, but they are few and far between these days. Wine hangovers are easily my worst. Headache all day. Ugh. I do enjoy wine, however, and will almost assuredly order at least a glass if I'm at a nice restaurant.

I started drinking when I was 18 years old - my freshman year of college. I made it all the way to Spring Break of that year without drinking, peer pressure and all, even though I lived in a dorm at UC Santa Barbara. Then they started playing drinking games, and they wouldn't let me play unless I started drinking. Having an admittedly high opinion of myself, I figured I'd just play and not lose...of course, they rigged the game, and I found out that drinking can be quite entertaining.

As a former Bartender, I make a pretty mean drink - I just broke away from the career in a pretty nasty fashion, so I have stayed away from mixing drinks for quite a while. Since many of my friends have been/are/were bartenders as well, I'm never required to mix the drinks.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 07-21-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #25
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

What kind of beer is currently in your fridge?

Miller Lite. Leinenkugel (couple sixers of the Sunset Wheat and Original). Two bottles of the Stone Vertical Epic (09).

Crown and Coke. One area I want to explore more is the liquors. I'm young, early 20's, and haven't really had a lot of experience in the mixed drink world. I always want to try something new but when I go to the bar I always kind of freeze up and can't think of anything, or am afraid to order something new. What would be some good starters in regards to mixed drinks to find something I like?

What's in your liquor cabinet?

Do not have one

Crown/Jack and Cokes. If I drink either one straight it will obviously put me on my ass but with coke I can go all night long.

Tequilla. I love it, but the nights usually end bad. As a college guy I used to drink Jagerbombs like they were going out of style and thought they were amazing. I had one the other night after about 8 months without one and it made me want to throw up. Thought it was fucking terrible.

Are you good at mixing drinks, or does your spouse/boyfriend/life partner mix them for you?

I'd have to put terrible here as I do not have any serious experience mixing.

Somebody at the bar bought me a shiner bock on tap and I thought it tasted like horse piss.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #26
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Sam Adams Summer Variety Pack -
-Summer Ale
-Latitude 48
-Blackberry Witbier
-Sam Adams
-Sam Adams Light

I assume this is the one that's currently at Costco? I just polished this one off myself. I liked the Summer Ale, dug the Witbier, thought the Blackberry was just meh, and the rest was blah.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #27
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
dug the Witbier, thought the Blackberry was just meh,

Huh
Old 07-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #28
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Huh

I enjoyed the Witbier.

I thought the Blackbery beer was just "ok" at best.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #29
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sun Tzu, have you ever tried Malbec? You may like it if you like Pinot
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #30
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I enjoyed the Witbier.

I thought the Blackbery beer was just "ok" at best.

I must be a moron. I assumed they were the same beer.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:50 PM   #31
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

His "huh" stems from the fact that it's called "Blackberry Witbier" There is a Witbier stand-alone, but it's not from the pack that I got (I got mine from BevMo).

I'm surprised I like the Blackberry and Cherry beers that Sam Adams has put out - they have EXTREMELY strong fruity notes to them. To the point where they taste a little like beer flavored Blackberries and Cherries. But I really enjoy them.

As for types of beer, I love almost all of them. I'm particularly fond of IPA's, Stouts and Porters.

Also, apparently I have some Kahlua, Peppermint Schnapps and Kirsch (???) in my stash downstairs. The Kirsch must have been from someone making a Black Forest Cake or something, because I definitely don't remember picking that up.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #32
digamma
Torchbearer

In the fridge I have some of the New Belgium Lips of Faith beers, a couple of pacificos, a couple of Dogfish Head Festina Peches and a couple of Summer Solstice Crema Cerveza by Anderson Valley. (Yes, I like Craft Beers.)

I also have a pretty extensive bourbon collection. Up to 40+ unique bottles.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #33
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Sun Tzu, have you ever tried Malbec? You may like it if you like Pinot

I don't think I have. My old boss tried like hell to get me into Tempranilo (sp?), but I just wasn't big into it. I'm heading to the store today, I'll look for malbec and let you know if I pick one up.

In regards to the blackberry witbier...whoops! I thought you meant the other brew that was in that pack, I thought it was some kind of ale and just assumed that was it. My fault.

Can anyone recommend a good starter scotch that I can pick up, and, in case I find it utterly revolting, wont make me feel like I just threw away a fortune?
Old 07-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #34
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Smirnoff (in the freezer)

Are you going to Ice your friends?
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #35
molson
General Manager

I've recently rediscovered the joy of light beer. They're so versatile. You can sip and enjoy for hours while watching a sporting event, or just throw them down, can after can, during the long drive through the desert down to Vegas. (as a passenger, of course. Tinted windows helps there also.) There's just something about cans. When the beer is cheap, the focus is on the experience the beer supplements, not the beer itself. Ahhh. There's nothing like a slowly increasing light beer buzz that fades slowly into the summer night. That makes up probably 50% of my drinking, with the other 50% whatever looks cool at the neighborhood hippie grocery store (great rare imports from Europe, local stuff, seasonal stuff.) I also tend to be drawn to anything with an animal on the packaging.

Never got into hard stuff or mixed drinks. Too complicated. And unnecessary, if there's beer around. The celebratory shot is occasionally fun, but beer is king, for me.

I find wine unoffensive, and it's fun to throw down a bottle now and then, but I have zero sense of taste or appreciation for it, so I'd rather just stick with the beer.

Last edited by molson : 07-21-2010 at 06:06 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #36
miami_fan
Coordinator

Corona, Warsteiner, and Alpirsbacher

Crown Royal Black straight

Too much in there to name. Let's just say most will find the type if not the brand of liquor they are looking for

I have not drank the same thing all night long in years.

Still can't drink tequila.

Excellent at mixing drinks

I plead the fifth

Hine Cognac Vintage. Very smooth
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 07-21-2010 at 06:10 PM.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #37
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Johnny Walker Red is a good starter, cheaper than the black but decent enough.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #38
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Guinness and Fat Tire(actually don't have any now, but that is what would be there). Also some bud light that is left over from a poker game almost a year ago.

Scotch. I prefer Glengoyne, you might have figured that out, if you've ever heard of it.

Tequilla...Souza Commemorativo Anejo. Nice and Smooth, and not too expensive.
Scotch...Oban and Aberlour. Still stretching out a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue. No Glengoyne at the moment, if my wife is lurking she can make a note of that.
Rum...Captain Morgan dark and somesuch Bacardi left over from a poker game a year ago.
Wine...Mostly red.
Whisky....Maker's Mark, My wife needed it for a recipe...too sweet for me.
Brandy...a Boutique bottle that I received as a gift. Great stuff, and then there is a bottle of Christian Brothers that I use to catch and kill flies(really).

I'm too old to even think about claiming that this is possible.

As above...most things.

I just don't do this.

I have no such recollection.

A while back, must be over a year ago, someone at a casino convinced me to try a drink with Tuaca in it. It was fantastic.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #39
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Session Black stubbies, for cheapness and chuggability in malty form.

Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #40
Tigercat
College Starter

It's summer afternoon, so I am drinking my favorite summertime alchy, Pimm's cup.

1 pt Pimms Cup #1
1 pt Lemonade
1 pt whatever lemon and/or lime soft drink I can get my hands on

In the fridge I have some Old Rasputin Imperial Stout for my beer drinking needs.

Last edited by Tigercat : 07-21-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #41
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Purple drank
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #42
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
His "huh" stems from the fact that it's called "Blackberry Witbier" There is a Witbier stand-alone, but it's not from the pack that I got (I got mine from BevMo).

I'm surprised I like the Blackberry and Cherry beers that Sam Adams has put out - they have EXTREMELY strong fruity notes to them. To the point where they taste a little like beer flavored Blackberries and Cherries. But I really enjoy them.

As for types of beer, I love almost all of them. I'm particularly fond of IPA's, Stouts and Porters..

I have the same taste. It is funny, because I hate things like fruit flavored ice tea, or lime coke, but fruity tasting beer is excellent. I really like heavy beers (Sam Adam Black is a fav) and such. But the big beer problem for me is my body won't let me drink very much without all out gas blowout. Now, I can drink all the cheap light beer I can handle without a problem (chugging down Icehouses are no problem). I don't like them as much, but I don't end up blowing holes out of my pants when I drink them.

As for hard liquor, eh. I drink Vodka on a rare occasion. Like "good" tequila. Really like Jager, but really don't like the police involvment that often goes with it.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #43
mckerney
Coordinator

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #44
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Oh and the earlier mention of Malbec. Good stuff. A great wine to go along with beef at dinner. I prefer it to the traditional Cabernet.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #45
BYU 14
Coordinator

Bud Select, Heineken light

Beer is Heineken Light, mixed Gin and Tonic.

Nothing right now....Wife quit drinking (thats a whole other thread) and I am not a huge mixed drink guy.

Stopped doing that many years ago....used to be Bud Light

Tequila - Quit drinking it quite a while back though

I think I mix a pretty good drink

14 (I grew up in Utah and got bored easy when I wasn't playing sports)

Seadog Blueberry Ale, found at the Yardhouse if you have one in your town. Good stuff!!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #46
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

Hell Yeah! I had a metric shit ton of this and oberon for the week I was in the UP!
Old 07-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #47
Logan
Head Coach

I surprisingly like Sam Cherry Wheat too (hate cherry flavored things) and the bar closest to my apartment actually has it on tap year round, and is probably the only place in the city where I've seen it. Only problem is that my friends and I have boycotted the place thanks to a waitress who tried pulling some of the sleaziest shit on us that I've ever seen.

I should just go in and see if they fired her yet.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #48
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If you like cherry wheat you should try a black cherry, like a black and tan except Guiness and Cherry Wheat

Last edited by Lathum : 07-21-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #49
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I surprisingly like Sam Cherry Wheat too (hate cherry flavored things) and the bar closest to my apartment actually has it on tap year round, and is probably the only place in the city where I've seen it. Only problem is that my friends and I have boycotted the place thanks to a waitress who tried pulling some of the sleaziest shit on us that I've ever seen. .

Aka she wouldn't bang you.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #50
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Not a beer drinker, Mike's Hard Lemonade

Not a beer drinker / Mike's Hard Lemonade / Strawberry Daiquari

Goldschlager

Don't drink often enough for this to be anything.

Goldschlager

I used to be but it's been a while

Mohito (sp?) - tastes like drinking Niquil, not for me
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote