Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-14-2023, 01:20 PM   #51
Thomkal
Head Coach

My first computer probably should have been an IBM, as my dad worked there and he was part of the group that developed the first computer parts, but my first computer was a Commodore 64 that I played Micro League Baseball and a game based on my favorite series of books Dragonriders of Pern which was a weird combination of action and strategy where you played as a dragonrider who took turns between flying and protecting Pern from the ravages of the parasite that threatened to destroy everything and as one of the lead dragonriders using "diplomacy" to get other leaders of Pern to agree to follow you.

Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 01:24 PM   #52
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
My first computer probably should have been an IBM, as my dad worked there and he was part of the group that developed the first computer parts, but my first computer was a Commodore 64 that I played Micro League Baseball and a game based on my favorite series of books Dragonriders of Pern which was a weird combination of action and strategy where you played as a dragonrider who took turns between flying and protecting Pern from the ravages of the parasite that threatened to destroy everything and as one of the lead dragonriders using "diplomacy" to get other leaders of Pern to agree to follow you.
I missed that Dragon Riders of Pern game, but it sounded like something that would have been right up my ally. I did play and finish the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" text game.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 02:16 PM   #53
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I missed that Dragon Riders of Pern game, but it sounded like something that would have been right up my ally. I did play and finish the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" text game.

Sadly follow up games using the same world were not up to the task.
Old 11-14-2023, 09:57 AM   #54
Thomkal
Head Coach

So here's one list of Favorite Commodore 64 Games from one site-no MicroLeague Baseball or Dragonriders of Pern on it so highly suspect

10 Best Commodore 64 games | GamesRadar+
Old 11-14-2023, 02:50 PM   #55
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Actual COMPUTER game, and not a console PONG or Intellivision game?

Hammurabi. TRS Motherfrickin 80. RADIO SHACK, FOOLZ!

Buncha youngstas up in this thread.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 11-14-2023 at 02:50 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 04:00 PM   #56
bhlloy
Coordinator

I have some memory of playing on an Atari tape system as a 6/7 year old at Christmas with family. Definitely remember some football manager type game that took forever to load.

The first game I can name is probably when I got a MegaDrive (Genesis) when I was 8 or 9. It came with the Columns, World Cup Italia ‘90 and Super Hang On triple pack. So one of those is probably the first game I can definitively remember.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 07:48 AM   #57
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Like some others I remember playing Apple games in grade school; the one that stands out the most was some kind of Alice in Wonderland game.

I got a TRS-80 second hand from my uncle sometime in the late 80's but he didn't have much for games. I think I remember Snake perhaps? I mostly used it to learn BASIC.

Our first real computer we had as a family was a Mac Plus, and the first game I played a bunch of on there was the Scarab of Ra (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarab_of_Ra). So I think that's probably my real answer (outside of Pong).
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."

Last edited by Fidatelo : 11-15-2023 at 07:49 AM.
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 07:54 AM   #58
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

It was a Trash Eight--t--ty--y
The kind you find in a second hand store
a Trash Eight--t--ty--y
Ran so warm it would almost melt the floor
Trash Eight--t--ty--y
I want to pla-y some Zork
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote