Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2007, 08:29 PM   #101
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
fucking no lynch bullshit.

grrrrr

DT, I'll take the blame I guess. I assumed there would be some late movement or a couple of the no voters would come in the last twenty to twenty-five minutes since my vote. Given that I could've broken the tie and put my vote on Neon means that I set us back I guess.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #102
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
fucking no lynch bullshit.

grrrrr
While I'm upset about that, I do feel good about the info, true or not, that came out today. I feel like we have something to build on.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #103
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
DT, I'll take the blame I guess. I assumed there would be some late movement or a couple of the no voters would come in the last twenty to twenty-five minutes since my vote. Given that I could've broken the tie and put my vote on Neon means that I set us back I guess.

Nah, anyone could have broken that tie and nobody decided to. Not your fault any more than any of the rest of us.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #104
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Tommorrow I'll likely vote for Purdue Brad.. he and DaddyTorgo both seem most likely to not be guests right now.

I still have my same reservations that I expressed yesterday about all of the guests revealing though. I am concerned with who will control the vote with that information. I am very curious to see how tonight goes.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #105
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
That's strike two for you and as Michael Scott says "So this is his strike two. You know what they say, fool me once, strike one, but fool me twice... strike three." I think I'll be looking at you tomorrow, and say this knowing it could very well get me killed tonight.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:50 PM   #106
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
That's strike two for you and as Michael Scott says "So this is his strike two. You know what they say, fool me once, strike one, but fool me twice... strike three." I think I'll be looking at you tomorrow, and say this knowing it could very well get me killed tonight.

I'm not sure that it matters completely what his excuse was.. he knowingly put a guest on the line to possibly get lynched tonight. For me (and hopefully for you) that should be enough for us to lynch him tommorrow.

Now the question is if he was saving Gonzo or that was irrelevent to his action. Since the easiest way for him to have saved gonzo would have been to vote no lynch to ensure a no lynch, I'm not sure if Gonzo is involved in this or not.

So for now I'm sticking with DaddyTorgo and PurdueBrad tommorrow (both of whom clearly voted for someone on our team without regard)
Old 09-20-2007, 09:00 PM   #107
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I can vouch for ArlingtonColt being who he claims to be. I am a guest, one who drew a bad role. I am ArlingtonColt's Daughter

At the moment, one that's pumped up about the Phillies coming back from down 6-2 to now take a 7-6 lead.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #108
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I would suggest no other guests reveal their roles tonight to make things easier on the other teams to figure out who to pick off..

I actually wasn't going to reveal my role at all today except it looked like I was suddenly getting heat from people who suggested that I was pushing for everyone to reveal. (I simply had tossed out the idea, but then later explained my second thoughts on it). I didn't want to risk being lynched while I wasn't here.

I just took a wild stab at neon before i left (and before he revealed), but since he was revealed as a guest, my only guess is that he mistook my strong encouragement to vote for people who voted for other guests as me pushing the idea of everyone to reveal.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:05 PM   #109
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I can vouch for ArlingtonColt being who he claims to be. I am a guest, one who drew a bad role. I am ArlingtonColt's Daughter

I find this an odd time to reveal this information but don't dispute it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:30 PM   #110
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Alan I'm glad you revealed as I'd have voted for you otherwise since it did feel like you'd been instrumental in pushing the idea (despite reservations).
Old 09-20-2007, 09:39 PM   #111
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Alan I'm glad you revealed as I'd have voted for you otherwise since it did feel like you'd been instrumental in pushing the idea (despite reservations).

Well, when I originally tossed out the idea, I thought it was a good idea. THe more I thought about it, the less I felt it was a good idea. However those that had revealed as guest changed the voting field, to where we had a 71% chance of getting a bad guy on sheer luck. I wasn't really pushing reveals, I was more pushing people who were guests to use the information we had received to intelligently vote to lynch one of the remaining people, as no lynch didn't help us.

I realized when I checked in before leaving for the night, that the ball was starting to roll thanks to Neon and DaddyTorgo and if I didn't reveal, I could very easily have ended up a lynch candidate myself.. so I chose to reveal there.

I still think those who haven't revealed yet might not want to just yet.. but with lynches being no-reveal I think it is very important that those who are on the line to be lynched do a reveal at least.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:44 PM   #112
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

so faw we know that Lathum is on one of the non-guest teams. Sounds like a good place to start for the lynch victim tomorrow.

Guests unite!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 09:46 PM   #113
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Don't we also have to make sure we don't accidentally lynch one entire team first? Doesn't that qualify the other team for their victory condition?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:47 PM   #114
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and a lynch of Lathum could be just rewards for the not telling RPI his role last game...

Everyone repeat after me... Lynch Lathum

Then we can work on that sneaky cronin...
Old 09-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #115
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
so faw we know that Lathum is on one of the non-guest teams. Sounds like a good place to start for the lynch victim tomorrow.

Guests unite!!!

ummmm, what?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:51 PM   #116
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
dola- I am out in a couple of minutes until after the deadline. My role is The Gadabout, pretty boring actually.

Quote:
Guests

The Professor
The Gossip
The Vicar
The Colonel
The Gadabout
The Lush
The Socialite
The Eccentric
The Daughter
The Elderly Gent
The Neighbor

Old 09-20-2007, 10:04 PM   #117
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well eaglefan?

I'm waiting...
Old 09-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #118
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
well eaglefan?

I'm waiting...
Of course you're waiting. You're a gadabout.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:11 PM   #119
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't even know what a gadabout is
Old 09-20-2007, 10:11 PM   #120
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So what do you all make of EagleFan at this point?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:13 PM   #121
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So what do you all make of EagleFan at this point?

He revealed as a guest role either. for now thats good enough for me to not want to vote for him (same as with you). I am guessing he missed your reveal earlier or something, or just isn't thinking things through all the way or something..
Either way guest on guest crime isn't very productive for us.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:14 PM   #122
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't even know what a gadabout is

gad·a·bout /ˈgædəˌbaʊt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[gad-uh-bout] Pronunciation –noun
1.a person who moves about restlessly or aimlessly, esp. from one social activity to another.
2.a person who travels often or to many different places, esp. for pleasure.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:19 PM   #123
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
He revealed as a guest role either. for now thats good enough for me to not want to vote for him (same as with you). I am guessing he missed your reveal earlier or something, or just isn't thinking things through all the way or something..
Either way guest on guest crime isn't very productive for us.

I don't get where he is getting the impression I am not a guest, his over pursuit of me just seems so strange to me
Old 09-20-2007, 10:20 PM   #124
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't get where he is getting the impression I am not a guest, his over pursuit of me just seems so strange to me

Im not sure, we'll have to hear that answer from him. To be fair I felt you overpursued him earlier today as well though (as I expressed my previous thoughts about him). If I had to guess it was your pushing at him that clouded him about you.

My personal thought is for now you both should just table it though, since going after each other just does the other teams jobs for them.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:23 PM   #125
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Im not sure, we'll have to hear that answer from him. To be fair I felt you overpursued him earlier today as well though (as I expressed my previous thoughts about him). If I had to guess it was your pushing at him that clouded him about you.

My personal thought is for now you both should just table it though, since going after each other just does the other teams jobs for them.

How did I overpursue him?

I cast my vote and gave a reason for it, that was all.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:26 PM   #126
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How did I overpursue him?

I cast my vote and gave a reason for it, that was all.

Ok, perhaps calling what you did "overpursuing" is incorrect. I personally felt his move that you found suspicious was actually very pro-villager. And I was not at all suprised that he ended up with a guest role based on that. So your finding it suspicious was about as completely opposite of my thoughts at the time.

THat said, viewing things from his perspective.. he is a fairly new player, who had a good game last game. He came out strong this game doing what he felt was a very pro-villager move, to which you responded negatively to it. I'm guessing he felt since he was obviously good (at least in his thoughts), your response indicated to him that you are bad.

Why he missed the fact you revealed as a guest and what that meant, I have no clue and we'll have to hear his side of the story. I guess my point is if you are a guest and he is a guest and its not roles in dispute.. then lets just set things aside and move on. Such as I'm doing with my difference of opinion with Neon earlier today.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:27 PM   #127
MrBug708
Head Coach

Sorry I didn't vote tonight. I thought I would beat the deadline but ended up having a two hour meeting before I left and then sat in traffic for an hour and 45 minutes
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:31 PM   #128
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So, some thoughts running through my head right now...

I wonder how the various other teams are planning to play this. If they go after each other, they risk giving the guests an upper hand. If they go after the guest, they risk giving the other team an upper hand in numbers.

With three teams out, the numbers have to be kept in relative balance or you risk losing your foothold on the others. Do they risk going after one of the revealed guests such as myself, or try to take a gamble in finding the other team. They clearly don't want to accidentally hit their sympathizer, and there is nothing that says a revealed guest might or might not be a sympathizer.

I don't know if I have a feel for what they will be doing, I can see all kinds of ideas in my mind. Should be interesting how it plays out.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:33 PM   #129
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am off to bed, I am tempted to stay up for the results but I think they may take a while to process.

Hopefully I am alive in the morning.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:53 PM   #130
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

alan

i'm just a guest as well. I don't see sense in revealing at this point necessarily, but I happily will tomorrow if on the block.

Besides...keeping at least a couple guest roles secret increases the odds of a fake-reveal.

as for me...i voted for you and then I left the house from around right after that until 9:30pm. I didn't even see your reveal prior to voting (i don't think)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:03 PM   #131
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
alan

i'm just a guest as well. I don't see sense in revealing at this point necessarily, but I happily will tomorrow if on the block.

Besides...keeping at least a couple guest roles secret increases the odds of a fake-reveal.

as for me...i voted for you and then I left the house from around right after that until 9:30pm. I didn't even see your reveal prior to voting (i don't think)

Want to try again for a better explanation?

Quote:
UNVOTE ALAN T

VOTE NEON CHAOS
Old 09-20-2007, 11:08 PM   #132
RendeR
Coordinator

I hate waiting...
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:13 PM   #133
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I hate waiting...

Waiting to see the results if you managed to successfully kill me last night?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:22 PM   #134
RendeR
Coordinator

Yes, yes indeed alan, I and my mighty bowl of RAMEN NOODLES are coming to constipate you to death.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:22 PM   #135
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Want to try again for a better explanation?

lol. Oh that's right. I did unvote you. So what are you all over me for again? Because I voted for you before you revealed?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #136
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

peregrine...dunno if the rules said this: can items that we find while searching be passed?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:38 PM   #137
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Day 2

It was a bloody morning. During the night screams and the blast of a firearm were heard, and in the morning Eaglefan was found stabbed to death by a very sharp implement, Telle was hacked apart, and Barkeep49 was found blasted by what looks to be a shotgun.

Lathum
RendeR
Gonzo
ArlingtonColt
Neon_Chaos
PurdueBrad
RPI-Fan
Barkeep49 - shot to death - The Vicar
EagleFan - stabbed to death - The Daughter
MrBug708
St. Cronin
Oliegirl
ntndeacon
SnDvls
DaddyTorgo
Chief Run
Alan T
Telle - stabbed to death - The Cook
Path12

The Inspector arrives early to find a scene of carnage, his whiskers twitching as he imagines the kind of paperwork this will lead to. "Alright then, who's responsible for all this?"

Votes are due in by 8 pm

By the way, three people didn't send in actions last night and I am not pleased. Also, I recommend people to use the Guard action more often, as well as your special roles. Also, a rule clarification, you cannot make two attack actions in one night.

Last edited by Peregrine : 09-20-2007 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:42 PM   #138
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
peregrine...dunno if the rules said this: can items that we find while searching be passed?

Yes, you can pass them if you like, let me know when you turn in your night actions and they will consider to be passed before the other actions take place.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:58 PM   #139
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ouch!

-3 good guys!

I found a weapon last night FYI.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:09 AM   #140
MrBug708
Head Coach

Damn!
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:32 AM   #141
SnDvls
Pro Starter

vote RendeR

I was searching last night and saw him out...he had something in his hand that was dripping blood...I know he killed someone last night....BTW I am the neighbor.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:00 AM   #142
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Alrightie then.

I am The Elderly Gent.

You really love voting for me, don't you?

Quote:
UNVOTE ALAN T

VOTE NEON CHAOS

Vote DaddyTorgo

The only kind of guy who would willingly vote for an unchallenged villager is a wolf.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:51 AM   #143
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Ouch... Go Guests!!!

Good luck all... Well, not really all, good luck guests!!!

Sorry I wasn't around enough to respond quickly. I worked crasy hours over the past couple days and generally haven't been around to post (or like tonight was so dead tired that I flat out fell asleep on the couch).
Old 09-21-2007, 05:30 AM   #144
Gonzo
Mascot

Sorry for not being around for the last day, team! I checked early yesterday and nothing was happening, and thought that we weren't going to start until after the weekend.

Give me some time to read through the thread.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:35 AM   #145
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ouch!

-3 good guys!

I found a weapon last night FYI.

The Cook is not one of the "Good guys"

Unless I suppose you are on the workers team and in that case I guess you can state that. Of course if that is the case, then you aren't on my team.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:40 AM   #146
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
vote RendeR

I was searching last night and saw him out...he had something in his hand that was dripping blood...I know he killed someone last night....BTW I am the neighbor.

Sndvls,

I have no problem right now considering a Render vote, but I am assuming that the guests also will have an opportunity to have weapons and use them at night.. So what you saw could technically have been Render as a guest looking to kill a non-guest (if he went after Telle)..

In fact I think I'll start this rumor to get him in trouble with his wife.. J/k..

I think its pretty clear to me that DaddyTorgo is not a guest, and most likely Render isn't either.. However all of the guests have to be unified on a single target, or we won't have any hope of controlling a vote. So you and Neon need to pick the same target.. I think we can start considering guests that "break ranks" could likely be the sympathizers trying to protect the other teams.

I have no problem voting Render or DT today, but we should pick only one of the two.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:44 AM   #147
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:
I have no problem voting Render or DT today, but we should pick only one of the two.

We have to go with Render. The DT vote is just supposition at this moment, while with Render we do know he did kill someone tonight.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:00 AM   #148
Gonzo
Mascot

Was hoping to get someone else's thoughts, but I'll just vote Render since I have to go for a bit.

VOTE RENDER
Old 09-21-2007, 06:25 AM   #149
Barkeep49
Coordinator

An early death relieves me of the problems of Yom Kippur. So thanks to the bastard who did me in, I guess.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:27 AM   #150
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Just got on. I searched last night and slept last night. I did not find anything suspicious. I'm glad to hear that somebody at least found a weapon. Good to see we dropped the cook too.

Is there an answer that I missed to the victory conditions. If we eliminate one entire team, does that give the win to the opposite team as opposed to the villagers? In other words, do we basically have to narrow each opposing team down to one and yet be careful to keep from lynching or losing that one in order to win?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote