Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #2801
Autumn
Head Coach

Someone give me a non-hairy version of "hairy eyeball" please. I seem to be stuck on that one.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #2802
Autumn
Head Coach

For the new page:

hoops votes narcizo 2757
grammaticus votes narcizo 2761
dubb votes EF 2762
mauboy votes narcizo 2763
jackal votes EF 2764
J23 votes EF 2767
autumn votes narc 2779

narcizo - hoops, grammaticus, mauboy, autumn
EagleFan - dubb, jackal, J23
Old 10-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #2803
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Bug was a revealed seer, who the wolves didn't dare target becuase of the ever-bodyguard. Their only hope was to get him lynched.

I thought Narc was the bodyguard and now a wolf? Were they afraid Narc would change his mind at the last second and decide to protect the seer and thwart their efforts?

Or are you running under the theory that he really isn't the bodyguard and was merely fishing for a reveal. I ask b/c you were so good at role fishing last game.

Oh wait. I probably just got the hairy eyeball now too didn't I?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #2804
Autumn
Head Coach

It is a bit worrisome that we don't know the tiebreaker rules. If neither of these guys end up lynched then we've really thrown away a lot of days. Obviously if they both get lynched we've jumped a big hurdle. But I hate relying on a rule from last game that could have easily been changed.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #2805
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It is a bit worrisome that we don't know the tiebreaker rules. If neither of these guys end up lynched then we've really thrown away a lot of days. Obviously if they both get lynched we've jumped a big hurdle. But I hate relying on a rule from last game that could have easily been changed.

I agree it would be terrible for us if the rule has been changed, but that is why we play it out. Not a gambling man Autumn?

I find my odds of success in anything, werewolf included, greatly increases the more chances/risks I take. This is a risk, but IMO a risk that is well worth it.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #2806
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I thought Narc was the bodyguard and now a wolf? Were they afraid Narc would change his mind at the last second and decide to protect the seer and thwart their efforts?

Or are you running under the theory that he really isn't the bodyguard and was merely fishing for a reveal. I ask b/c you were so good at role fishing last game.

Oh wait. I probably just got the hairy eyeball now too didn't I?

No, that's a good point, I forgot Narc was the BG. Huh. I hadn't thought that through. If htey had the sheriff in their pocket why didn't they just off the seer? He certainly wasn't well trusted, so I could see keeping him around. But if they were going to do that, why have EF finger him?

I guess my original thought was that EF might have been afraid he had been scanned, and trying to make a proactive counter to that. Another possibility is that EF and Narc aren't wolves who can communicate.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #2807
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I agree it would be terrible for us if the rule has been changed, but that is why we play it out. Not a gambling man Autumn?

I am not at all a gambling man, no. It's kind of crazy that I even play this game since I like things as fully known as possible.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #2808
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
No, that's a good point, I forgot Narc was the BG. Huh. I hadn't thought that through. If htey had the sheriff in their pocket why didn't they just off the seer? He certainly wasn't well trusted, so I could see keeping him around. But if they were going to do that, why have EF finger him?

Well see that's where EF's mistake plays into this too, if we are to believe it was a mistake, it sounds like Narcizo might have been converted the first night bug was a revealed seer. So they didn't have the sheriff in their pocket yet, perhaps.

Otherwise if the sheriff was already converted I guess they were just hoping we'd lynch him on our own. And look, we did!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #2809
Autumn
Head Coach

I guess I'll take my hairy eyeball back, Jackal ;-) It wasn't as clear as I was thinking it was this morning. Over the weekend I had forgotten that wrinkle. I still find it very unlikely EF's not a wolf. More likely just afraid he or Chief was scanned (which by all rights they probably would have been) and he'd be done for.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #2810
Autumn
Head Coach

Again though, going back to EF's reveal -- if he's watching someone converted, would he really see the conversion take place? And why didn't he see Narc guarding anyone?
Old 10-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #2811
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Again though, going back to EF's reveal -- if he's watching someone converted, would he really see the conversion take place? And why didn't he see Narc guarding anyone?

Yeah, no idea. I know EF is completely fishy and his story takes some leaps of faith to be believable. No one is going to give him those leaps. I really do hope he's a wolf, don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to sort out who's next if he isn't.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #2812
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's a wolf power and a deversion. I'm willing to put that theory to the test.

I have to say I'm surprised by this response in particular Dubb to the use of the Scroll of Wrath on Eaglefan. Because Abe came right out and said it was the Scroll of Wrath that did this, so it can't be a wolf power. And because you certainly know this scroll well because it was used by your Servant buddy on me in the first game. So I think its pretty clear to me that a Lightbringer used this on a very suspected Servant in Eaglefan. Probably to try prevent one of the two very suspected Servants from taking any actions today that might mess up the vote today.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #2813
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So I think its pretty clear to me that a Lightbringer used this on a very suspected Servant in Eaglefan. Probably to try prevent one of the two very suspected Servants from taking any actions today that might mess up the vote today.

I was thinking the same thing, and given Narc's odd hours, it's much more likely that EF could manipulate the voting at deadline to break a tie.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #2814
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I think two of the will wolves are: narc obviously and autumn.

Call it a very deep gut feeling for autumn.. I am still up in the air on eaglefan. But I think I agree that he needs to go after narc until something else comes up.

reading back When narc revealed.. he was outted by bug. I don't think he reveals as the sheriff if he was converted. I think the converted would probably stay quiet and make it seem like the bg is still out there. It wasn't as if narcs reveal caused bug to die. Bug probably killed himself to a point w efs help. it was an unfortunate day.

The more I think about it the more I think the sheriff is alive and hopefully not converted.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #2815
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think this concern over making it a tie since we don't know the rules is being a bit overblown and quite frankly suspicious of those who are counselling against it. If we do the tie, the worse that can happen is we get a no lynch because nobody else will be up for the lynch-the Servants did not know the lynch rule either last time out, and I see no reason to change that this game.

So what if we get the double lynch and one of EagleFan and/or Narcizo is a Lightbringer instead? EagleFan just has to be lynched because right now he's using meta-gamey reasons for his actions, and if he really is a Servant, I'm not too happy with him for using them to try to save himself. MrBug was our Adept, not corrupted when he went into the Flame at least that's what I got from the flavor Abe gave us then. Narcizo did not try to use his claimed Sheriff powers on SnDvls last night despite him being the most likely target for the Servants due to his Observe power.

Both of them will always be in question the rest of the game, removing them removes a lot of questions and lets us focus on the more hard to figure out Servants that might be remaining after their deaths.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:04 AM   #2816
Thomkal
Head Coach

vote eaglefan
Old 10-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #2817
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I have to say I'm surprised by this response in particular Dubb to the use of the Scroll of Wrath on Eaglefan. Because Abe came right out and said it was the Scroll of Wrath that did this, so it can't be a wolf power. And because you certainly know this scroll well because it was used by your Servant buddy on me in the first game. So I think its pretty clear to me that a Lightbringer used this on a very suspected Servant in Eaglefan. Probably to try prevent one of the two very suspected Servants from taking any actions today that might mess up the vote today.

Actually no I don't "know" it well. I thought I vaguely remembered it being a part of a wolf role but wasn't sure enough to come out and say it. I'm still pretty sure it was a part of the role rather than an item. I could very well be wrong, but I don't remember anyone in either game saying they have a scroll.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #2818
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I think two of the will wolves are: narc obviously and autumn.

Call it a very deep gut feeling for autumn.. I am still up in the air on eaglefan. But I think I agree that he needs to go after narc until something else comes up.

reading back When narc revealed.. he was outted by bug. I don't think he reveals as the sheriff if he was converted. I think the converted would probably stay quiet and make it seem like the bg is still out there. It wasn't as if narcs reveal caused bug to die. Bug probably killed himself to a point w efs help. it was an unfortunate day.

The more I think about it the more I think the sheriff is alive and hopefully not converted.

I'm always open to being suspected. But putting me in front of EF? That blows my mind.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #2819
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I think this concern over making it a tie since we don't know the rules is being a bit overblown and quite frankly suspicious of those who are counselling against it. If we do the tie, the worse that can happen is we get a no lynch because nobody else will be up for the lynch

How is that overblown? "The worst thing that can happen is we get a no lynch." That's a really bad thing to happen! First off, I won't say it's the worst thing, as we've seen ties result in random lynches and worse before. But a no lynch when we have two wolves to hang is a very bad result. Probably worth it, for the chance to get them both, but I think it's odd of you to suggest that a no lynch, the day after we lynch the seer, and then still have to spend two more days to lynch the wolves we have, is not a bad result. That's basically giving the wolves what three or four free kills that we could have prevented?

I frankly feel a bit the opposite. The wolves are cornered, two of them on the block. With regular lynches they can't last more than two days. With a double lynch they last one. If the tie results in a no lynch they get three days. It seems likely to me the wolves would be willing to try the tie vote and hope for the best. Particularly if they have another conversion or trick up their sleeve they need time for.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #2820
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
So what if we get the double lynch and one of EagleFan and/or Narcizo is a Lightbringer instead?

Oh and to this point, I don't know about any one else, but I'm certainly not advocating saving either of these guys. My only qualm about the tie is that we don't know whether it will work. We may be giving an extra day to these guys. I don't think there is any way we should let either of these guys live past tomorrow. I'm really surprised people are giving EF any leeway at all here.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:40 AM   #2821
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Actually no I don't "know" it well. I thought I vaguely remembered it being a part of a wolf role but wasn't sure enough to come out and say it. I'm still pretty sure it was a part of the role rather than an item. I could very well be wrong, but I don't remember anyone in either game saying they have a scroll.

well since I'm intimately familiar with it from the first game, let me tell you its an item not a wolf power. It was used on me in the first game and abe announced publically it was a scroll of wrath being used, so how can it be a wolf power?
Old 10-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #2822
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
How is that overblown? "The worst thing that can happen is we get a no lynch." That's a really bad thing to happen! First off, I won't say it's the worst thing, as we've seen ties result in random lynches and worse before. But a no lynch when we have two wolves to hang is a very bad result. Probably worth it, for the chance to get them both, but I think it's odd of you to suggest that a no lynch, the day after we lynch the seer, and then still have to spend two more days to lynch the wolves we have, is not a bad result. That's basically giving the wolves what three or four free kills that we could have prevented?

I frankly feel a bit the opposite. The wolves are cornered, two of them on the block. With regular lynches they can't last more than two days. With a double lynch they last one. If the tie results in a no lynch they get three days. It seems likely to me the wolves would be willing to try the tie vote and hope for the best. Particularly if they have another conversion or trick up their sleeve they need time for.

Okay I will grant you some of that argument Autumn, but I think its worth the risk of getting a no lynch if both are Servants. That means four dead, and probably just one left-maybe two. That's a big win for my fellow Lightbringers in my book and worth the gamble.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #2823
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Well as you're all still arguing about whether you should lynch us both or just lynch me I'll help you guys out.

Vote Narcizo

Brrrr! A self-vote, I feel so dirty. How Blade of me. If I wanted to be kind I'd nightfall but NONE OF YOU GUYS BELIEVE ME SO YOU CAN WAIT! (safety blanket )

Sorry I haven't got my thoughts down on who the remaining wolves might be. Frankly I don't have much of an idea after Eagle.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #2824
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Okay I will grant you some of that argument Autumn, but I think its worth the risk of getting a no lynch if both are Servants. That means four dead, and probably just one left-maybe two. That's a big win for my fellow Lightbringers in my book and worth the gamble.

Well, as I told Dubb, I'm not much of a gambler. So while I agree it would be awesome to knock them both off in one day and be that much further ahead, I worry about it too.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #2825
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
well since I'm intimately familiar with it from the first game, let me tell you its an item not a wolf power. It was used on me in the first game and abe announced publically it was a scroll of wrath being used, so how can it be a wolf power?

I was under the impression the power was called "scroll of wrath." I also seem to recall it being said that it would be announced publicly in advance so we knew that it was going to be a public thing. And I thought the wolf role was a magic based one. I mean you could call the BG the "Refrigerator of Doom" and it wouldn't change the fact that it is the same idea just with a different coat of paint. You could be right though I guess I just remember it slightly different. No point in arguing it though as I don't totally recall.

IMO just b/c it is called a scroll doesn't mean that it had to be an item rather than a power.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #2826
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Well as you're all still arguing about whether you should lynch us both or just lynch me I'll help you guys out.

Vote Narcizo

Brrrr! A self-vote, I feel so dirty. How Blade of me. If I wanted to be kind I'd nightfall but NONE OF YOU GUYS BELIEVE ME SO YOU CAN WAIT! (safety blanket )

Sorry I haven't got my thoughts down on who the remaining wolves might be. Frankly I don't have much of an idea after Eagle.

Not exactly surprising that you wouldn't put your thoughts down on that, Narc

I guess this is the best Narc can do at this point to try to mess up a tie, unless he gets on later and switches it. Not a particularly effective gambit.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #2827
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm always open to being suspected. But putting me in front of EF? That blows my mind.

didn't say that. I said I agree ef needs to go after narc.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #2828
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
didn't say that. I said I agree ef needs to go after narc.

You agreed we lynch EF before me, but said you feel very strongly about me and are up in the air about EF. That seems rather backwards to me.

I guess if you think EF could be good it makes sense, since I've been pushing him. But still, I can't imagine how I've been more wolf-like than the guy who "revealed" to get out of a lynch and got our seer lynched.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #2829
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
But yeah, I can understand no-one is going to believe me. So I'll just put down who I think are wolves tomorrow and then be on my way. Probably.

Did you plan to put down who you think are wolves still Narc?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #2830
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Did you plan to put down who you think are wolves still Narc?

He seems more reluctant at this point ;-)
Old 10-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #2831
hoopsguy
General Manager

Like OJ, Narcizo is off to find the real killers.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #2832
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Like OJ, Narcizo is off to find the real killers.

lol. Probably doing it on the golf course, too.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #2833
Thomkal
Head Coach

well if we have to vote out just one today, lets try to make it Narcizo. EagleFan cannot act today or tonight which means no Servant kill from him tonight if I interpret that correctly. That means another Servant will have to do it if there's one out there, and maybe we get lucky and catch him in the act.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #2834
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
well if we have to vote out just one today, lets try to make it Narcizo. EagleFan cannot act today or tonight which means no Servant kill from him tonight if I interpret that correctly. That means another Servant will have to do it if there's one out there, and maybe we get lucky and catch him in the act.

I agree, that scroll gives us some wiggle room. If EF survives tonight at least we'll find out if there are more wolves or not, and maybe not having him will impede them somehow.

Trouble is if we tie it we're possibly leaving it up to them to decide who goes, if they have any influence on the vote.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #2835
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I agree, that scroll gives us some wiggle room. If EF survives tonight at least we'll find out if there are more wolves or not, and maybe not having him will impede them somehow.

Trouble is if we tie it we're possibly leaving it up to them to decide who goes, if they have any influence on the vote.

To hell with it IMO. I think the off chance that they may be able to influence it so that the stronger wolf buys an extra day is worth the upside of potentially nabbing two wolves today.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #2836
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
To hell with it IMO. I think the off chance that they may be able to influence it so that the stronger wolf buys an extra day is worth the upside of potentially nabbing two wolves today.

Hell, you were ready to lynch all three. Nobody doubts that you'd like to lynch both ;-)

I'm for trying it. It's the rare case where I feel like the village can actually pull off a move like this. Usually it's ridiculous to even consider it, but we've got the numbers to control the movement at this point. Getting a vote to come out how we design will be a novel enough experience to make it worth it.

Looks like we need three more votes. Hopefully they come along and get in order.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #2837
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Narcizo

Would be nice if we could get both today, but I think it could be tough with the items that are out there, plus it doesn't seem certain that a tie will wipe out both. With EF blocked from action during the night I think it's best just to take out Narc today.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #2838
Autumn
Head Coach

hoops votes narcizo 2757
grammaticus votes narcizo 2761
dubb votes EF 2762
mauboy votes narcizo 2763
jackal votes EF 2764
J23 votes EF 2767
autumn votes narc 2779
thomkal votes EF 2816
narcizo votes narcizo 2823
mckerney votes narcizo 2837

6 narcizo - hoops, grammaticus, mauboy, autumn, narcizo, mckerney
4 EagleFan - dubb, jackal, J23, thomkal
Old 10-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #2839
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Vote Nightfall

Plain courtesy on my part - don't want you all waiting because of me.

See you tomorrow.

Maybe.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #2840
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I guess we won't be seeing a last minute switch out of Narc ;-)

Abe, are nightfall votes reversible in this game (can someone unvote nightfall?)
Old 10-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #2841
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As long as I haven't run the day, then sure

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #2842
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

If I am following the plan right, then I am supposed to...

VOTE EAGLEFAN

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #2843
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think Narc is trying some reverse psychology here. He is trying to make us think he wants a tie. Or does he really want a tie? Who the hell knows. Let's just kill them both. I'm tired of the wolves games at this point.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #2844
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Also I'm pretty sure Commo hinted yesterday that he was the Lifegiver. As such I expected a resurrected Mr. Bug today. Quite frankly I'm shocked he isn't back today. Makes me wonder what the crap is going on.

I guess you didn't pick up what I was asking, I stated shortly before that I have no role.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #2845
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Seriously? You think it's *likely* that EF is a villager? That's got me giving you the hairy eyeball now, Jackal. It seems pretty clear. Bug was a revealed seer, who the wolves didn't dare target becuase of the ever-bodyguard. Their only hope was to get him lynched. EF was one of two major lynch choices left and was not likely to live the day, at most two. So he did a fake reveal to try to get the seer lynched. That seems pretty crystal clear at this point. Suggesting it's likely he was just a confused villager seems a pretty big stretch.

Then suggesting that we're in a pretty tight place, when in fact it's day six and we've found four wolves, is odd too. I'm not sure what the agenda could be there.

I don't see why people think it is impossible for EF to be a villager. Granted you stated likely here, but there are some people that believe he has to be a wolf and there are no questions. I believe it is entirely possible he is a villager and he made an honest mistake. That said I'm not saying we shouldn't lynch him to determine his true identity.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #2846
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't think it is impossible, but I sure hope he isn't a villager. Because it would be a pretty massive screw-up that almost certainly should not have happened. The kind that we would probably reference in games 20-50 games from now if it actually went down the way EF would like us to believe.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #2847
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Vote Narc

I wouldn't mind a tie, but I'm not going to vote for someone that I think could be a villager.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #2848
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Dola, at least while there is someone that I strongly believe is a wolf, come tomorrow I will gladly vote for him.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #2849
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

So Commo just voted to avoid the tie and likely lynch two wolves. His reasoning is we can vote EF tomorrow. Nothing fishy there. Nope.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #2850
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

For the record someone on Narc will now have to move to EF in order for us to tie this and likely lynch them both.