Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-28-2006, 08:10 PM   #101
jbmagic
Pro Starter

At the end I was hoping for Mahone to help Lincoln and Michael out.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:55 PM   #102
stevew
Hall Of Famer

In case you have missed the 1000 ads for it, PrisonBreak returns next monday. I am extremely excited for its return.

Last edited by stevew : 01-15-2007 at 08:55 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:45 PM   #103
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
In case you have missed the 1000 ads for it, PrisonBreak returns next monday. I am extremely excited for its return.

ditto
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:16 PM   #104
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Glad that the show is back, I dunno about how the thing is heading though. Like for instance, why show that Kellerman has an absolute hair trigger and perfect aim(in dispatching the 2 steadman guards), but he fucking misses killing Mahone?

And I love that Mahone took out that blonde dick, that made my night.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:37 AM   #105
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Glad that the show is back, I dunno about how the thing is heading though. Like for instance, why show that Kellerman has an absolute hair trigger and perfect aim(in dispatching the 2 steadman guards), but he fucking misses killing Mahone?

And I love that Mahone took out that blonde dick, that made my night.

I was thinking the same thing about Kellerman's marksmanship. The guy has been lethal up until now. The asian agent (is it Kim?) I think has surpassed T-Bag as the most hateable charachter for me anyway. Bellick appears to be in a fair bit of trouble.

Last edited by Oilers9911 : 01-26-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:54 AM   #106
MikeVic
Head Coach

Yeah, I don't understand how Kellerman missed killing Mahone. I found it pretty cringe-worthy when the President's brother shot himself. Good job there.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:45 AM   #107
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Kellerman is such a douche, it will be interesting to see what happens when/if Sarah sees him again. It didn't suck or anything, but not a ton really happened. Nice to see Sucre back, as well as the crazy guy. I really have a hard time figuring out how long they have been out, i think michael said something about 2-3 months yesterday?

spoilers....

Supposedly according to the previews, someone goes down next week. I believe it's either Sucre, or the crazy guy.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:19 AM   #108
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

It was nice this week to have no mention of T-Bag whatsoever. I know he's got all the cash, so they need to keep him around to close the loop with him and the brothers, but his storyline really stinks.

SPOILER beginning (highlight text to read)
It's gonna be the black guy - doing something crazy to save his wife and protect his daughter. His character really has nowhere else to go.
SPOILER end

Last edited by Toddzilla : 01-30-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:53 AM   #109
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
It was nice this week to have no mention of T-Bag whatsoever. I know he's got all the cash, so they need to keep him around to close the loop with him and the brothers, but his storyline really stinks.

It's gonna be the black guy - doing something crazy to save his wife and protect his daughter. His character really has nowhere else to go.
SPOILER end

No TBag was nice, his current storyline is just way too disturbing.

Yes, i would think that about CNote, but i believe he may show up in a listing for a future episode. Im thinking the crazy guy gets it.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:34 PM   #110
MikeVic
Head Coach

Just watched the episode. Not much seems to happen. But I found the video stuff interesting.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #111
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Did anyone notice that the huge black guy that made Billick give him his dessert 2 weeks ago was Terry Tate Office Linebacker? LOL
Old 02-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #112
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post

SPOILER end

Is that a spoiler or is that speculation?
Old 02-02-2007, 09:40 AM   #113
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Is that a spoiler or is that speculation?
100% pure speculation - but the previews are making it look good
Old 02-06-2007, 12:02 AM   #114
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Buh bye, Haywire.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:42 AM   #115
kingfc22
Head Coach

I liked how Kellerman figured out it was Kim and he basically told him to F off.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:25 AM   #116
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Great episode last night. I'm really starting to like Kellerman/Rich Eisen as a character and respect him as an actor. I'm glad that Sarah and Michael revealed their true feelings for each other. I really thought that C-Note was going to buy it last night, but it turned out to be a (although cliched) good part of the story.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:32 AM   #117
Thomkal
Head Coach

Really thought the whole Haywire storyline was a waste of time given what happened last night. Just seemed to serve no purpose at all in the main storyline. Other than that, good episode especially where Sarah stopped being pathetic and gave back as good as she got.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:34 AM   #118
Raiders Army
Coordinator

"It's just business."
Old 02-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #119
MikeVic
Head Coach

Yeah I liked how Kellerman told Kim to screw off.

So now what craziness will happen to prevent them from opening that cigar box?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:51 AM   #120
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Great episode. I love that Billick is a "bounty hunter" again. Him in prison was going to be a lousy storyline, thank god it got concluded quickly.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:16 PM   #121
MikeVic
Head Coach

So ths wasn't on this week right?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:29 AM   #122
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Nope and I was disappointed.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:42 AM   #123
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Damn, i was dissapointed to miss it as well.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:49 AM   #124
MikeVic
Head Coach

Yeah same. I turned on the TV and saw 24... but I knew Heroes was new, so it confused me.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:13 PM   #125
MikeVic
Head Coach

Loved this episode. Kim got his ass handed to him.

We learned more about T-Bag. His character is so fascinating. Sucre got his woman for now, and CNote's daughter is fine.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:25 AM   #126
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Yeah, last night was a great episode. Michael just beating on Kim was great. I loved it when Sarah locked the door on Kellerman. You're right about T-Bag. They've deepened his character a lot. There were times that I thought he wouldn't kill someone and he did (like the doc who sewed on his hand)...which set up last night when I thought he'd kill the family. It made it much more surprising when he didn't and actually felt sad about the situation not working out.

I saw C-Note's situation happening...although it was really nice how they devoted the time to show him caring for his family so much.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:03 AM   #127
watravaler
High School JV

Send them all back to prison...or start over with a new group...
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:09 PM   #128
Thomkal
Head Coach

I have to say I wouldn't really miss this show if it ended this season. Other than perhaps T-Bag the other escapees stories besides the brothers really went nowhere. I did like Lincoln beating the crap out of Kim though.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #129
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Man, i only caught half of tonight's episode, but mahone is a cold blooded mf-er. At the rate these guys are going down, are we going to see season 3? I really like the show, but it has too many flaws in its structure to last much longer IMO.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:31 AM   #130
Raiders Army
Coordinator

T-Bag sitting in first class with Bellick in coach was a good scene. Especially with the stewardress.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:29 AM   #131
MikeVic
Head Coach

And T-Bag quickly turns my SLIGHT feeling of sorry for him around. :P

Sad ending for C-Note. I have no idea how this show will continue to a 3rd season, or keep it interesting too. Seems once they exonerate Linc, the series is over. They can't possibly stretch that out to a third season and still find a story to keep it interesting, can they?

Maybe that president lady makes a deal with them where they have to work for her in exchange for Linc's freedom. And the entire season is them chasing some new escapees. Haha, that would suck.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:06 AM   #132
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

"We got nothing."

This show is never going to end.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:01 AM   #133
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That whole incest thing threw me for a loop. The chick who plays the former President Reynolds is a pretty good actress.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:32 AM   #134
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Yeah. That was pretty disturbing. I really thought that the Prez was going to die in this episode. I'm actually quite glad it turned out the way it did. In a way, this season has paralleled the first season in that we thought the "heroes" would get free (by getting out of the prison and getting a pardon), but something unexpected has stopped them (the pipe in the way and the President going back on her word).
Old 03-06-2007, 07:33 AM   #135
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oh yeah, the other thing that I would immediately think if she didn't pardon me on TV is "She's coming for us! She's going back on her word! Let's get outta here!!!!!"
Old 03-06-2007, 10:46 PM   #136
stevew
Hall Of Famer

A little bit of spoiler-age.

Sona is the name of a horrible prison, in Panama I believe. Supposedly Michael will end the season in there.

My theory is that someone important to the company is locked up in there and they hope to create a situation where Michael will help break an asset of theirs out.

Or maybe not. I'm still questionable to where this thing can even go. They should never have killed off Abruzzi(could have had a decent mob storyline possibly), and/or should have postponed the prison break until season 2.

Last edited by stevew : 03-06-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #137
Coder
College Prospect

Ok.. I'm slightly confused.. I've always been under the impression that Prison Break was only supposed to run for 2 seasons and that's it. Now I realize that the network is hesitant to stop something that's generating revenue, but 2 seasons is what I heard.

Back a few months ago, Peter Stormare (Abruzzi), was interviewed in a Swedish newspaper about the show. First he said he wasn't too into doing TV-series, but the scriptwriter was a good friend of his and Stormare had agreed to do the series "since it will only be two seasons; he's got the whole story written already and I like it when they don't drag things out."

Now, in retrospect, this might be interpreted as the fact that Stormare will only do two seasons, since his character is killed off halfway through season 2. However, I really got the impression that this was only supposed to be a 2-season show, because that's how the writer had planned the entire show out.

Has no one else heard this? That PB would only run for 2 seasons?

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:36 PM   #138
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I think the show would be a lot better if they would only run it for 2 seasons. I also think that Lost would be a lot better if they ran it for 3 seasons. However, if the series is making money...
Old 03-07-2007, 06:41 PM   #139
Coder
College Prospect

Actually, I went back and found the interview.. it's not "just a few months ago".. it was more than a year ago and I was wrong.. he says "three years"

The actual quote is (translated from Swedish):

"Paul Scheuring, who writes the show, is a friend of mine. In some way, I don't want to be an ass to him and the others, but I want to finish what I've agreed to do. He's got a three-year plan in his head and knows exactly what's going to happen."

The first part of the quote, where he says he doesn't want to be an ass and that he wants to finish what he's agreed to do, comes from him not enjoying the move to Chicago that was required to film the show.

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #140
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I've now heard that the show is supposedly going to be for 6 seasons, and that the first 2 years are merely act one of the story.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:43 AM   #141
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Well, I liked the episode last night. Seems like the show is heading to a good conclusion this year. It would be nice to see teabag get offed, but I don't think it will happen.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #142
MikeVic
Head Coach

I enjoyed the episode too. Oh, and count me in on the incest angle being shocking to me from two episodes ago...

Spoiler
Old 04-03-2007, 01:00 AM   #143
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I hope the producers watched that episode of Mythbusters and they escape via salsa.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:22 PM   #144
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
I hope the producers watched that episode of Mythbusters and they escape via salsa.

Hah.

So I hope season 3 starts off very strong.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:23 PM   #145
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Word is out about a 9 episode revival series.