Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > WOOF Alternate Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Would you be in favor of a draft lottery?
Yes 2 12.50%
No 12 75.00%
Maybe (Would need more information about what specifically we would do) 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2006, 07:22 AM   #1
RedKingGold
College Starter

Draft Lottery

We've had a few discussions in the GEFL about potentially adopting a draft lottery for the top 1-5 picks per year. To make such a radical change, 2/3 majority had to vote in favor of a lottery, and the measure barely fell short in the GEFL.

I've been a big proponent of a potential lottery, not as a deterrant against tanking, but because I thought it would be something new and different than any other MP leagues.

Since other novel suggestions have been made to make our league different, I wanted to propose this one as well to see if there was any preliminary interest.

So, please vote and leave comments.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:36 AM   #2
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I would assume the worst team gets the majority of the lottery balls, as in the NBA? This sounds interesting, but I would like to hear more.
how do you know?

Old 11-30-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Coming from a European origin one of things I like about football is that there is a system to (thereotically) keep teams from being dominant for too long. (as opposed to, say, most soccer leagues, where the rich teams dominate for decades). Part of that is giving the worst current team a chance to get the best player of the future. Sorry to be negative but I don't think a desire to make the league different is good enough reason to overturn that principle. If it ain't broke ...

and we wouldn't be able to have threads called "The race for the first overall pick" either.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:10 AM   #4
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It tends to be a good idea in basketball, when 20% of your on floor team could be obtained via tanking for that "special" player. In FootBall, when you have 11 guys on the field at any given time, and start 22 guys, the effect is much less for a given stud player. Of course the "stud qb" is always a career changing thing when you get him.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:37 AM   #5
Icy
Pro Starter

I prefer the standard format.

Old 11-30-2006, 11:17 AM   #6
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

In the GEFL, the discussion was raised because we used a real players file, meaning we'd know in advance who was good and who was a bust.

Since we're using fictionnal players here, I don't think the lottery would be such a good idea.