Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-16-2010, 11:42 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

DS/GBA

I am just continually surprised by the quality of games for the GBA in the last generation of handhelds and the DS for this one. In terms of overall playability, there are just so many great titles. I just finished Rebelstar: Tactical Command, and next in the queue is HeartGold which I'm sure I will love. There's just so many great games in so many different genres.

Ah well.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I think competition is good in the gaming sphere in general, but if there's a benevolent monarchy, it's Nintendo. The DS, even with only a little competition from the PSP, just has so many good games from so many genres and you still see stuff that pushes boundaries with wholly original games (Scribblenauts, Prof Layton, The World Ends With You, Puzzle Quest, N+, Phoenix Wright, Elite Beat Agents, etc) while still making some of the best games in older franchises (New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Pokemon: DP, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Grand Theft Auto, etc).

There's something to be said when you don't have to split all the exclusives between 2 and 3 different machines. Could you imagine a home system with Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda, Little Big Planet, God of War, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, and every 3rd party game?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 06-17-2010 at 07:50 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote