Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2007, 06:28 PM   #551
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Alan, why did you think RPI was the seer?

I would agree that Lathum's claim that Brian was the previous seer doesn't really agree with anything that Brian had stated. But why is he trying to push us onto RPI, rather than one of the other people that hasn't already been tested, and cleared? Is it just to try to shake our faith in the one player who we seem to know?

Well early on he was the only one showing decent amount of confidence on me. (Well BrianD too even with me accusing Brian at times). My early assumption was that he scanned me and knew I was good and gave me some extra leeway that others didn't give me. Then he kind of hopped onto the LSG vote yesterday very fast but after someone else brought it up. It made it feel like to me he was trying to guide the vote but not put himself out in the front, when as the only semi-cleared person he could be the best one to guide such a talk.

The final thing was after feeling somewhat good about lathum, suddenly to flip 180 on him today smelled to me like he scanned him last night and found he was bad after I brought up Lathum's name yesterday.

Obviously now that seems to all be wrong on my part.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:29 PM   #552
Lorena
Unregistered

Another thing that's confusing me is why Blade and Mr. W are waiting til the last minute to vote? Blade was in here and Mr. W remains...

What's going on here?
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:30 PM   #553
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Ummm... what question is that

ducks

Sorry, wasn't directed at you. Was referring to RPI completely ignoring my questions trying to get some sense to things. He was here multiple times, it just appeared he chose not to answer them.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:31 PM   #554
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

After a great deal of waffling, I don't buy Lathum's reveal.

VOTE Lathum

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #555
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Another thing that's confusing me is why Blade and Mr. W are waiting til the last minute to vote? Blade was in here and Mr. W remains...

What's going on here?

Deciding how i want to view RPI/Lathum's play...i think ill take my strategy ive been employing all game and just vote my top suspect

VOTE CHIEF RUM
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #556
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

What's going on here?

To be fair, I removed my vote to give RPI time to explain his action and thoughts. I said if he didn't convince me, I was going to put my vote back on Lathum. Now though I honestly don't know what to do. I was getting a bit worried that no one was coming to save Lathum, but I didn't expect the person who would lead the charge to save Lathum would be the person I trusted the most (RPI).. Now I don't know.

Part of me still thinks of the possibility of a forced vote ability, and if that is the case, Mr.W showed up right after strongly supporting RPI with his comments saying that RPI wasn't agreeing that he was bad, but that Lathum was good.

I really really wish RPI was here talking to us.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #557
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well , I guess now I'm the only one with a vote outstanding. Looks like either way unless people switch votes Lathum is a goner.

I guess I'm going to stick with RPI for now. I still feel it is very unlikely that RPI has been converted, there was no nights without a night kill. I really don't know what his game is here, but Jonathan was one of my suspects too. I'll stick with the guy I trust the most for now.. but my trust is wavering big time.

Vote Jonathan
Old 01-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #558
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

My vote is my own. I waited because I hadn't cast a vote yet at the time of Lathum's reveal, and I wanted to see some discussion around it. The anticipated discussion never materialized, maybe because Lathum preferred to avoid it, maybe because he wasn't available, maybe because nobody pushed him when he was available.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 01-08-2007, 06:38 PM   #559
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

With everyone voting, this is the final votes (unless someone moves in the last 20 min):

5 - Lathum - Chief Rum, Jonathan E, DodgerChick, Schmidty, Mr. W
2 - Jonathan E - RPI Fan, Alan
1 - RPI Fan - Lathum
1 - Chief RUm - Blade
Old 01-08-2007, 06:39 PM   #560
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If Lathum turns up good, we go after RPI-Fan tomorrow. But if he turns up bad, I don't think we can say that anyone is off the hook.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:40 PM   #561
st.cronin
General Manager

That's what I have as well, Alan.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #562
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If Lathum turns up good, we go after RPI-Fan tomorrow. But if he turns up bad, I don't think we can say that anyone is off the hook.

Ok.. my red flags are going up big time. I already commented about how I felt earlier that RPI was having some vote influence power used on him, then shortly thereafter Mr.W shows up supporting RPI's move telling me that he wasn't agreeing with Lathum, just he found something fishier in Jonathan's post (After Lathum acused RPI of being bad).

Now Mr.W is setting it up that if Lathum is good, we go after RPI tommorrow? I'm sorry but this really smells to me like someone is influencing RPI's vote here and we see who is playing traffic cop with it.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:42 PM   #563
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So if RPI's vote is being influenced, and forced onto Jonathan.. then I'm guessing Jonathan would be good.

Unvote Jonathan
vote Mr. Wednesday
Old 01-08-2007, 06:44 PM   #564
Lorena
Unregistered

I think Jonathan might actually be good based on LSG's vote against him yesterday.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:44 PM   #565
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Now Mr.W is setting it up that if Lathum is good, we go after RPI tommorrow?
If Lathum is good, given his reveal, how do we NOT go after RPI tomorrow?

I never supported RPI today, I only made sure that there were no misunderstanding about what he had plainly stated.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:46 PM   #566
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
So if RPI's vote is being influenced, and forced onto Jonathan.. then I'm guessing Jonathan would be good.

Unvote Jonathan
vote Mr. Wednesday

So what do you mean by his vote being influenced? Can someone actually do that cuz I haven't seen it in any WW games I've played.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:46 PM   #567
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Mr. Wednesday really feels wrong, now. I'm not going to move my vote because I think Lathum's reveal is a total crock, but Mr. Wednesday is a good vote in my book.

Something just occurred to me: Is it possible that Lathum was being controlled, too? If Lathum comes up good, what does that mean?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:47 PM   #568
Lorena
Unregistered

So if Lathum is being controlled, is that why he hasn't come back since the reveal?
Old 01-08-2007, 06:47 PM   #569
Lorena
Unregistered

*assuming he's being controlled.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:48 PM   #570
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So what do you mean by his vote being influenced? Can someone actually do that cuz I haven't seen it in any WW games I've played.

Every now and then in WW games a bad guy has the power to 1 time (or maybe multiple times) influence a single player to vote a certain way. That player is given fairly strict guides to what they can and can't say or do usually. Its a way of getting a trusted player to vote in a wolfish way. (Just like whats happening here)
Old 01-08-2007, 06:48 PM   #571
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:

Someone (path, I think) was getting blackmailed in the Musketeers game, and I believe one of the actions (aside from also challenging people to a duel) was forcing a particular vote.

As has happened in a previous game, Alan takes an exceptional ruleset and jumps to the conclusion that there's a repeat of it in the next game...

Old 01-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #572
Lorena
Unregistered

Interesting, if 2 people move their vote off of Lathum onto Mr. W, it's a tie.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #573
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I find it very unlikely that two players could be controlled on the same day.. but guess anything is possible I suppose..

If Lathum ends up good though, that means we just killed our new seer I guess...

I'm back to almost not trusting anyone again. Right now I feel somewhat good about both Jonathan and Dodgerchick.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #574
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Every now and then in WW games a bad guy has the power to 1 time (or maybe multiple times) influence a single player to vote a certain way. That player is given fairly strict guides to what they can and can't say or do usually. Its a way of getting a trusted player to vote in a wolfish way. (Just like whats happening here)

Yeah, but right now, you seem to have about three different people getting unduly influenced, all at once.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #575
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I'm willing to move my vote. Mr. W smells real bad to me right now.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #576
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, I think the most likely scenario is that nobody is being influenced.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #577
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Someone (path, I think) was getting blackmailed in the Musketeers game, and I believe one of the actions (aside from also challenging people to a duel) was forcing a particular vote.

As has happened in a previous game, Alan takes an exceptional ruleset and jumps to the conclusion that there's a repeat of it in the next game...

Don't be making me out to be the bad guy here. This has been in several games before. Not just one recent game. In my mind its a very good possible explanation. Much better than the RPI is really bad even though he scanned as good at the lynch.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #578
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
I find it very unlikely that two players could be controlled on the same day.. but guess anything is possible I suppose..

If Lathum ends up good though, that means we just killed our new seer I guess...

I'm back to almost not trusting anyone again. Right now I feel somewhat good about both Jonathan and Dodgerchick.

So I went from "real good" to "somewhat good"? I dropped
Old 01-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #579
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, but right now, you seem to have about three different people getting unduly influenced, all at once.

Who is the third?
Old 01-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #580
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well to be fair, I had RPI as completely trusted, so he dropped further
Old 01-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #581
Lorena
Unregistered

Wow, it's so hard to read Mr. W based on his lack of votes on Days 2 and 4. Ugh, so confusing.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:53 PM   #582
Lorena
Unregistered

And we don't know what happens in the event of a tie right?
Old 01-08-2007, 06:53 PM   #583
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

i still love you DC
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:54 PM   #584
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yeah, I believe that remains unknown.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:54 PM   #585
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

If it comes down to it ill swap to lathum, i hate ties
Demotivation
Old 01-08-2007, 06:55 PM   #586
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
If it comes down to it ill swap to lathum, i hate ties

Lathum over Mr. W?
Old 01-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #587
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Lathum over Mr. W?

uh-huh...my top 2 suspects for like 3 days have been lathum and chief...you can go back and check. If chiefs not dying, lathum should. Mr. W is just being his same old self in my mind
Demotivation
Old 01-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #588
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Don't be making me out to be the bad guy here. This has been in several games before. Not just one recent game. In my mind its a very good possible explanation. Much better than the RPI is really bad even though he scanned as good at the lynch.

The argument for RPI being bad now is conversion, a well-known mechanic (more common than vote or action influencing, in my experience) that is frequently used on a trusted player.

That said... it seems odd that if he were converted, RPI would get used to make a kill, unless a mechanic were also in play requiring it to be done that way. I doubt we're up against fewer than one original bad guy, and it would be foolish to expose your mole by needlessly using him for a night kill.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #589
Lorena
Unregistered

Unless someone holds the tie breaker...it's very possible ya know
Old 01-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #590
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
uh-huh...my top 2 suspects for like 3 days have been lathum and chief...you can go back and check. If chiefs not dying, lathum should. Mr. W is just being his same old self in my mind

I'm not sure what you mean by him being his same ole self here. He's been very invisible most of the game then suddenly pops in when all of hell breaks loose. Seems to be more of Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde here.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #591
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The argument for RPI being bad now is conversion, a well-known mechanic (more common than vote or action influencing, in my experience) that is frequently used on a trusted player.

That said... it seems odd that if he were converted, RPI would get used to make a kill, unless a mechanic were also in play requiring it to be done that way. I doubt we're up against fewer than one original bad guy, and it would be foolish to expose your mole by needlessly using him for a night kill.

I've talked about conversion a few times. Its still a possibility of course, but usually to convert someone you have to give up a night kill which as far as I am aware hasn't happened. Thats why I have found it less likely till now.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #592
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by him being his same ole self here. He's been very invisible most of the game then suddenly pops in when all of hell breaks loose. Seems to be more of Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde here.

In my opinion, thats not far off his normal play style..no offense intended
Demotivation
Old 01-08-2007, 07:00 PM   #593
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well deadline is here, so guess we get to find out if Lathum was telling the truth or not next. This should be fun.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:01 PM   #594
Lorena
Unregistered

Oh man... the anticipation
Old 01-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #595
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I am normally quieter early on, I'll admit that, but I think I've been more UTR than normal this game. I mean, it's highly out of the ordinary for me to miss votes.

I really don't go in for contextual analysis, which is literally about the only thing going on day 1 and not far off it (barring unusual circumstances) on day 2.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #596
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
i still love you DC

Old 01-08-2007, 07:03 PM   #597
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I see you shiver, with antici.......................................................................................................................................................................pation.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:04 PM   #598
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I see you shiver, with antici.......................................................................................................................................................................pation.

Can you make that just a tad longer? Thanks
Old 01-08-2007, 07:04 PM   #599
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Old 01-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #600
Lorena
Unregistered

Oh, now you show up RPI