Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #26601
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I can't believe we're still on this Hydroxy shit.

This literally came up in my Facebook feed today.

I learned something interesting yesterday. if all the people that are vulnerable to the coronavirus would take hydroxy Clora Quinn, they would no longer be vulnerable to it and would not be able to get it or even transmit it to anyone else. The panel of nine doctors that I was listening to also said that if everyone that needed to would use it, this whole Covid crisis would be gone in 30 days.

If anyone is interested in the link to this podcast, let me know and I will message it to you.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #26602
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

You'll never guess what 39% of Americans think.

They think that the increase in American COVID cases does not reflect an increase in coronavirus, but instead reflects that "we are testing more."

(In all honestly, you probably would have had a pretty easy time guessing that).
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:14 PM   #26603
PilotMan
Head Coach

The replies to that post are as follows:

Quote:
Yes, I’d like the link ��
I don’t understand why a drug already in use for , how long, would be considered dangerous while a new , quickly made vaccine should be considered safe ??? It makes no sense to me.

Quote:
Be careful, FB will block you. They haven't blocked me but they informed me that I posted false information.

Quote:
It seems that the drug mentioned needs a prescription, friends are buying quinine and using that. Friends and I have seen evidence that taking vitamin c and d and zinc make symptoms very light or almost nothing. This is easy to fight naturally, if you are familiar with natural remedies.

Which had a reply of:

I personally believe in having strong immunity and using natural remedies, but many people don’t go that way. So for those that do not consider natural remedies this is a pretty good option that would do away with all this junk that is going on with closings of businesses. No masks would then be needed. Of course. I am not a mask supporter either.

Quote:
You might consider email. Facebook is cracking down on accounts speading "False" information. I suspect it will affect Messenger before long. I have probably seen it. But could you email link to ****?

Quote:
Unfortunately here in America, doctors are being arrested if they use this drug. Some are being fired by speaking out. Others are just following protocol that they are being told and not using it. It's so sad to witness it all when there are so many scientific evidence that it works ��

Quote:
I likely have seen it. I can prescribe it here in Ohio. Please sent me the link to: ***** oh and BTW keepin passing meaaages like this along.

I just shake my head.

Like Steam?

Old 08-06-2020, 02:19 PM   #26604
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
This may deserve its own thread but man I hope the NRA goes
down hard.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...f-dealing.html

Me too. And very predictable already from Trump and Repubs-Dems are going to take away your guns!
Old 08-06-2020, 02:19 PM   #26605
Autumn
Head Coach

I see so much of that in some people I know too. I can't imagine having a mindset that with 1,000 people dying a day, doctors wouldn't know that vitamin C cures you, or would withhold this information if they did. There is such paranoia in the American mindset.

Also specifically frustrating to me because both of my sisters have lupus and don't need people gobbling up the supplies of a drug they need.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:19 PM   #26606
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Oh no, a visit to Whirlpool. Brace yourself for more shower/toilet/dishwasher talk.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:20 PM   #26607
Thomkal
Head Coach

Trump on his way to Ohio, and probably should not meet with Governor DeWine...because he has tested Positive for the Coronavirus. Thankfully with no symptoms so far.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:45 PM   #26608
JPhillips
General Manager

Trump 2020: Because Joe Biden is Stronger than God
Old 08-06-2020, 03:04 PM   #26609
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Trump on his way to Ohio, and probably should not meet with Governor DeWine...because he has tested Positive for the Coronavirus. Thankfully with no symptoms so far.

DeWine probably just doesn't want to talk to Trump. The day after Trump leaves Ohio DeWine will announce that it was a false positive result.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 08-06-2020 at 03:05 PM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:19 PM   #26610
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
DeWine probably just doesn't want to talk to Trump. The day after Trump leaves Ohio DeWine will announce that it was a false positive result.

Heh wouldn't surprise me. And I don't think playing Live and Let Die was appropriate either...
Old 08-06-2020, 08:58 PM   #26611
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Well... DeWine played that almost to perfection.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:08 PM   #26612
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Nailed it
Old 08-06-2020, 09:10 PM   #26613
Thomkal
Head Coach

Nicely played Governor.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:21 PM   #26614
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It's Mike DeWine's world. We all just live in it.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:01 AM   #26615
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Over a million in new jobless claims. Thought the lazy people were all going back to work now that the $600 a week ended?

Well the unemployment rate did fall.

U.S. unemployment rate fell to 10.2 percent in July - POLITICO
Old 08-07-2020, 10:10 AM   #26616
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

… in July, before the $600 additional unemployment funds were exhausted.

Almost like people were full of shit saying the additional unemployment was preventing people from looking for work.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:15 AM   #26617
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Or people on that $600 knew it was coming to an end and decided to look for work.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:16 AM   #26618
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I guess if you want to spin it in a way that screws over poor people you can... ignoring that unemployment also fell in June.

FWIW:

Quote:
The economy also added 1.8 million jobs in July, the department said, a slowdown from a 4.8 million gain in June.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 08-07-2020 at 10:16 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #26619
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

So, when Trump enacts by executive order an increase on unemployment, a hold on student loans interest and payments, and a suspension of payroll taxes, will that be a big win for him?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:54 AM   #26620
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

How much of that is actually in Trump's power? I would think congress at least would have to allocate money for the unemployment increase.
Old 08-07-2020, 12:49 PM   #26621
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
So, when Trump enacts by executive order an increase on unemployment, a hold on student loans interest and payments, and a suspension of payroll taxes, will that be a big win for him?

Not if Ted Cruz has anything to say about it!

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-07-2020, 12:50 PM   #26622
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

So he'll strongly disagree with it and then totally roll over and praise it in a couple of years?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:56 PM   #26623
Ksyrup

More like he'll yell at Elizabeth Warren for proposing something just like it back in January and then defend Trump doing it now.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:32 PM   #26624
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Or people on that $600 knew it was coming to an end and decided to look for work.

What about the 30 million unemployed? Lazy and don't understand that the $600 is gone?
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:39 PM   #26625
JPhillips
General Manager

Mnuchin says they will advise Trump to use an executive order to deal with student loans, eviction moratoriums, and jobless benefits.

And you can expect nary a peep from the small-government, Constitution loving GOP electeds.
Old 08-07-2020, 02:55 PM   #26626
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Mnuchin says they will advise Trump to use an executive order to deal with student loans, eviction moratoriums, and jobless benefits.

And you can expect nary a peep from the small-government, Constitution loving GOP electeds.

So nice that all these precedents are being flushed out for the next time it's used.

Like Steam?

Old 08-07-2020, 06:45 PM   #26627
Thomkal
Head Coach

Falwell has been asked to take an indefinite leave of absence from Liberty University.

Last edited by Thomkal : 08-08-2020 at 09:21 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:54 PM   #26628
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Falwell has been asked to take an indefinite leave of absence from Linerty University.

So in football terms, he's gone for at least the rest of the season, and he'll be back before preseason starts next year. But we're not actually going to say that part out loud right now. But when he does come back he will say that he's really sorry for all the embarrassment, and he knows that it hurt people and caused problems. Then about a week later, he'll be right back in the game with no history and no regrets.

Like Steam?

Old 08-07-2020, 07:33 PM   #26629
Ksyrup

He'll still have his Miami pool boy though.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:52 PM   #26630
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
So in football terms, he's gone for at least the rest of the season, and he'll be back before preseason starts next year. But we're not actually going to say that part out loud right now. But when he does come back he will say that he's really sorry for all the embarrassment, and he knows that it hurt people and caused problems. Then about a week later, he'll be right back in the game with no history and no regrets.

Pretty much
Old 08-07-2020, 08:54 PM   #26631
JPhillips
General Manager

Big news: Trump said he's going to sign an executive order mandating insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions.

Thanks, Obama.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:35 PM   #26632
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

What is the point of Congress if the President can just do all this stuff with executive order?
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:42 PM   #26633
JPhillips
General Manager

To be fair, both parties have spent decades working towards a system where Congress isn't responsible for anything and can complain about whatever happens.

But, yeah, if this kind of shit isn't unconstitutional, we might as well make him a king and at least enjoy the pageantry.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:50 PM   #26634
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Big news: Trump said he's going to sign an executive order mandating insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions.

Thanks, Obama.

So he's going to have his DOJ cease it's efforts to gut preexisting conditions at the Supreme Court?

Didn't think so.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 12:36 AM   #26635
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
What about the 30 million unemployed? Lazy and don't understand that the $600 is gone?

I don't remember ever making the claim that all unemployment was because of the $600 payments.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:53 AM   #26636
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips
if this kind of shit isn't unconstitutional, we might as well make him a king and at least enjoy the pageantry.

That's me too. The trend towards this goes back at least to the 70s as you mention, but yeah. This is one thing that Marx wasn't wrong about.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:09 PM   #26637
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Orange Gump just signed an executive order to kill Social Security and Medicare.

GOP - Cult of Death
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:30 PM   #26638
JPhillips
General Manager

Old 08-08-2020, 04:33 PM   #26639
JPhillips
General Manager

I'm not sure we get out of this. One party openly sheering the authoritarian takeover might be enough to let it happen.

And Politico is reporting that Trump is considering an executive order stopping the Post Office from delivering any ballots.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:34 PM   #26640
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

Cept states have to kick in 25%, not all of them will.

I hope this is legally contested
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 08-08-2020, 04:35 PM   #26641
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm not sure we get out of this. One party openly sheering the authoritarian takeover might be enough to let it happen.

And Politico is reporting that Trump is considering an executive order stopping the Post Office from delivering any ballots.

Told you he was stealing it. He wants to be president for life.

None of this is legal.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:41 PM   #26642
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, it's going to be interesting when he tries to Executive Order an entire stimulus bill. Because that seems like what he's doing to try to do. And Mitch will let him completely bypass Congress.

Oh and in order to pay for this, the rumor is the administration is going to take money from FEMA's budget... Just as we enter into hurricane season.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 08-08-2020 at 04:45 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:42 PM   #26643
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

So no absentee? That would probably hurt him more than help.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:57 PM   #26644
thesloppy
Pro Starter

How is stopping the Post Office from delivering ballots supposed to fly in those states that are already entirely vote by mail?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 05:17 PM   #26645
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Politically smart.

The executive orders are ferociously illegal. But the courts cannot just say that on a dime. His lawyers know how to keep things delayed for as long as needed.

So it is a bunch of shit that won’t do any good. But it sounds good to voters. And people will be suing Trump to stop him from doing the good thing.

He’s so stupid, that he might still fuck this up. But, honestly, as a cynical political play for a guy who’s down nine points in the polls? Pretty brilliant.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:20 PM   #26646
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Politically smart.

The executive orders are ferociously illegal. But the courts cannot just say that on a dime. His lawyers know how to keep things delayed for as long as needed.

So it is a bunch of shit that won’t do any good. But it sounds good to voters. And people will be suing Trump to stop him from doing the good thing.

He’s so stupid, that he might still fuck this up. But, honestly, as a cynical political play for a guy who’s down nine points in the polls? Pretty brilliant.

How? It’s not going to happen, people still need aid and won’t get it. Plus if the courts play along you defund social security and Medicare.

It’s the stupidest thing yet. I was annoyed because he kept saying he was signing bills(they’re not bills).

It helps no one and does nothing. More people are still are still dying and going to be evicted and more cases are coming big when the schools open.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:29 PM   #26647
JPhillips
General Manager

Yeah, I think he's opened himself up to charges of destroying Social Security, and that's poison electorally.

But, TBH, I'm less interested in the electoral issues than I am the accelerating slide into authoritarianism. The way the GOP is lining up behind these orders is really terrifying.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:51 PM   #26648
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Every nation falls eventually. I didn't think it would happen here in my lifetime, but I might have been wrong about that.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:40 PM   #26649
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

He is so stealing this election. I don't think there is anyway of stopping it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 06:41 PM   #26650
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

He's clearly going to try, but I don't see any evidence that there's much chance of it succeeding.