Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-13-2022, 12:09 PM   #351
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Burnt Ember Inn
I find a hospitable place to my head. 3 gold. Yes, please. All of them take the opportunity to rest. With their followers included, this will cost them 8 instead of 3.

Temple of the Dragon
There is a place to worship that holds a great golden dragon emblem on the front. Service is out for the day but there are beggars out front. Would I like to donate 2 gold to the poor? All but Mori'an, Syntax, and Astrid do. Those that helped the poor gain 1 Virtue.

The Rusty Blacksmith
There is a large ogre operating the forge. I can pay to have my weapons improved. I found the sharpening to be interesting for the ones that did it last time, but I don't want to spend 30g doing it so they all pass for now.

The Molten Market
I come across a small market stall, operated by a female lizardfolk. I can purchas a health potion for 5g or meal rations for 2g. Shooting for 2 potions and 5 rations for stock.
Here's what was purchased:
Sir Gareth 1 ration
Professor 5 rations
Tsavani 5 rations, 2 potions
Syntax, 2 rations...it has no potions, but we're going to operate it without potions since it can churn gold into HP.
Mori'an, 1 ration, 1 potion
Lyric, 5 rations, 1 potion Appraiser drops cost from 15 to 12.
Faris, 2 rations, 1 potion
Wolfrik, 5 rations
Zilmora, 2 rations, 1 potion
Astrid, 5 rations, 1 potion

Tsavani and Syntax use this opportunity to sell necklaces for 10g.

Ashen Warehouse
There is a small warehouse along one of the lava rivers. As I watch, I see a bandit looking the place. It sees me as a witness and attacks me.

This bandit was fairly weak. 9 of the 10 dispatched him with no issue. Faris missed it and was hit for a loss of 1HP before the bandit took off.

Last edited by Poli : 05-13-2022 at 01:08 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:28 PM   #352
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wednesday, May 11

The city is much like cities in my world. I find a job board posted in the town where citizens are asking for help. It appears I have some time to help the locals.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:41 PM   #353
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Seeking Silver
The local silversmith is requesting that I visit the Silver Mines in the Ashen Mountains to mine some silver ore. I should be careful as the mines are fille with toxic gas. D20+Con+Investigator.

Only one of them is able to endure the gas long enough to get plenty of silver to bring back. Mori'an (16) gains 10g, but loses 1HP.

The rest found some silver, but the gas got to them and they had to leave with a smaller load than desired. They all lost 2HP, but gain 5g.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:51 PM   #354
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Stop the Looters
The Ashen Warehouse keeps getting robbed. The owner requests you act as a guard in hopes of keeping thieves away.

D20+Str+Intimidating.

Sir Gareth (23), Professor (20), Faris (16), and Zilmora (18) all deter any thieves that might have been planning to rob the warehouse. They gain 5g.

The others got into a scuffle with a looter and lose 1HP...but gain the 5g for guarding.
Old 05-13-2022, 01:03 PM   #355
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Negotiator needed
The local Temple of the dragon is requesting someone to help clear the nearby streets of beggars. They feel this reduces their image and deters worshipers.

Those with 5 or more virtue gain +2 to this roll. If any of them were -5 or more virtue, they would have lost 2.

D20+Cha+Persuasive+any virtue bonus.

Sir Gareth (24), Mori'an (16), Lyric (27), Faris (18), Wolfrik (15), and Astrid (22) all talk the beggars in the streets and convince them they would do better if they moved down the street from the temple. The temple is happy and pays them well (D10).
Gareth 7g, Mori'an 4g, Lyric 3g, Faris 6g, Wolfrik 6g, Astrid 8g

The others try to convince the beggars to move, but they get enough donations from the locals where they are currently located and aren't interested in moving. This disappoints the temple, but they're still willing to pay some for the attempt (D4).
Professor 2g, Tsavani 1g, Syntax, 1g, Zilmora 1g
Old 05-13-2022, 01:17 PM   #356
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thursday, May 12

I begin tracking the gate share in this world, but more information could be helpful. I find a local goblin who acts friendly enough. I ask a few questions but he wants to be paid.

He's also going to get pickpocketed by Syntax, Mori'an, Lyric, and Astrid.

I can pay the goblin 5g
or
Be friendly D20+Cha+Persuasive
or
Get rough D20+Str+Intimidating
Old 05-13-2022, 01:27 PM   #357
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Lyric, Astrid, and Zilmora try and be friendly. Lyric (26) and Astrid (22) turn on their charm. The goblin smiles and is really friendly while chatting with them. He still insists they pay 1g, though, for the information. Zilmora tries as well, but the goblin insists on 5g. Maybe it's just a local custom he's following.

Sir Gareth (20) and Wolfrik (17) both get rough with the goblin. It breaks down and begs them not to hurt him. He tells them for free. Mori'an tries this as well, but the goblin wasn't fazed by his approach. He'll still pay the 5g.

Everyone else pays the gold.

The goblin speaks:

" Couple days past when the sky opened up and them demons fell, many of them fell into the rivers, ya know, and that was not pretty for them. Sure was fun to watch them burn in the lava, though. Anyway, whatever magic brought them here woke up Telzeroth. That dragon flew down here from his lair on Burning Peak. He flew around the city quite a bit, didn't do nothing about the demons. Just watched and then he landed. Some say he snatched up a glowing stone before flying back to his home in the Ashen Mountains. I think he just wanted to try a meal of demon meat. You know, we don't get many of those around and I think he was just scouting to find a good plump one."
Old 05-13-2022, 01:30 PM   #358
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Astrid loses a virtue point while taking 4g off the goblin. Syntax, Mori'an, and Lyric each took 3g.
Old 05-13-2022, 01:32 PM   #359
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Friday, May 13

Travel to Burning Peak

The dragon, Telzeroth, likely has the gate shard. He lives on Burning Peak in the Ashen Mountains. That is the direction the Transference Sensor seems to be indicating as well.

Travel the Southern route or northern route. I think we'll just split this down the middle. First 5 south, next 5 north.
Old 05-13-2022, 01:51 PM   #360
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Travel the southern route. D20+Wis+Survivalist, Map&Compass, Mount.

Traveling along the mountain range proves more difficult in this world. There is no lush vegetation or abundant animals to hunt. Instead, I experience the sweltering heat and rocky terrain that is difficult to traverse.

Syntax (8) and Mori'an (7) both slow down from the terrain and heat of the lava rivers. They consume 3 meal rations.

Professor (10) and Tsavani (15) aren't as slow as Syntax or Mori'an, but still consume 2 rations.

Sir Gareth (26) travels quickly and makes excellent time. He consumes just 1 ration.

Travel the Northern Route. D20+Wis+Survivalist, Map&Compass, Mount.

I stick to the more open plains until I can approach the mountains. It might be safer and free from unknown creatures. The land is baked with an acrid heat. The air is dry and hard to breathe.

Lyric (9) manages quite well for such a foreign environment. He has to consume 2 rations.

Faris (22), Wolfrik (23), Zilmora (16), and Astrid (21) all travel quickly across the flat surface of the barren plain and conserve their energy. They only use 1 ration.