Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2022, 08:03 PM   #2151
molson
General Manager

I've always been lucky that I enjoy wins more than I dislike losses. When my team loses, I do something else and forget about it. When my team wins, I read and talk about it for the next day or so. And then when I think back, I kind of enjoy the great wins and terrible losses equally. I am as sentimental about the Patriots' first super bowl win as I am about the '86 World Series.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 11:52 PM   #2152
PilotMan
Head Coach

I finally saw the Antonio Brown stuff. As a one time major fan of his, wow how he's just turned into such an incredible mess. When will he get hired by NFL Live?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 12:04 AM   #2153
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Pretty sure Stevie Richards (of ECW fame) nailed the AB thing for wrestling fans

Stevie Richards on Twitter: "… "
Old 01-03-2022, 04:18 AM   #2154
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Pretty sure Stevie Richards (of ECW fame) nailed the AB thing for wrestling fans

Stevie Richards on Twitter: "… "

Cause he definitely needs a few more blows to the head
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 07:00 AM   #2155
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

So the maximum pain scenario I see for the Saints is to beat the Falcons and to have the Rams leading the 49ers, but to have the Seahawks destroy the Cards, and when the Rams see that their game is pointless, they let their foot off the gas in the 4th quarter and the 49ers end up coming back and winning.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 07:07 AM   #2156
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

After 7 years in the league, congrats to Sean Mannion for his first TD pass, I guess? I mean, I didn't see it but it apparently happened.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 07:15 AM   #2157
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Old 01-03-2022, 07:56 AM   #2158
Edward64
Head Coach

Must be nice to be able to walk away from all those millions.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 08:04 AM   #2159
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
So the maximum pain scenario I see for the Saints is to beat the Falcons and to have the Rams leading the 49ers, but to have the Seahawks destroy the Cards, and when the Rams see that their game is pointless, they let their foot off the gas in the 4th quarter and the 49ers end up coming back and winning.

If this means the Rams allow the Niners to get into the playoffs then, no. Both the good and bad Niner teams, since McVay has been in LA have had the Rams number. Knocking those rival bastards out of the playoffs while clinching the division and the #2 seed (I think that makes them #2?) would be a great ending to the regular season.

As a Rams fan I think this game is a "gut check" that they need to pass with or without playoff implications. If the Rams lose it will be because SF beat them, letting up will not come into the picture. The "max pain scenario" from this Rams fan's POV.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:02 AM   #2160
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Antonio Brown took to instagram to declare 'Football is what we do, not who we are'.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYPqR9EP...2-28043d967089

No actually it's not what you do, not anymore.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 01-03-2022 at 09:03 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:10 AM   #2161
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Playoffs Scenarios for week 18

AFCNFC
1Tennessee11-51Green Bay13-3
2Kansas City11-52LA Rams12-4
3Cincinnati10-63Tampa Bay12-4
4Buffalo10-64Dallas11-5
5New England10-65Arizona11-5
6Indianapolis9-76San Francisco9-7
7LA Chargers9-77Philadelphia9-7
8Las Vegas9-78New Orleans8-8
9Miami8-89Minnesota7-9
10Baltimore8-810Atlanta7-9
11Pittsburgh7-7-111Washington6-10
12Cleveland7-812Chicago6-10
13Denver7-913Seattle6-10
14NY Jets4-1214Carolina5-11
15Houston4-1215NY Giants4-12
16Jacksonville2-1416Detroit2-13-1

Tennessee
win -> #1
tie + Kansas City loss/tie -> #1
tie + Kansas City win -> #2
loss + Kansas City loss + Cincinnati loss/tie + Buffalo win -> #1
loss + Kansas City loss + Cincinnati loss/tie + Buffalo loss/tie + New England loss/tie -> #1
loss + Kansas City loss + Cincinnati loss/tie + Buffalo loss/tie + New England win -> #2
loss + Kansas City loss + Cincinnati win + Buffalo win -> #2
loss + Kansas City loss + Cincinnati win + Buffalo loss/tie + New England loss/tie -> #2
loss + Kansas City loss + Cincinnati win + Buffalo loss/tie + New England win -> #3
loss + Kansas City win/tie + Cincinnati loss/tie + Buffalo win -> #2
loss + Kansas City win/tie + Cincinnati loss/tie + Buffalo loss/tie + New England loss/tie -> #2
loss + Kansas City win/tie + Cincinnati loss/tie + Buffalo loss/tie + New England win -> #3
loss + Kansas City win/tie + Cincinnati win + Buffalo win -> #3
loss + Kansas City win/tie + Cincinnati win + Buffalo loss/tie + New England loss/tie -> #3
loss + Kansas City win/tie + Cincinnati win + Buffalo loss/tie + New England win -> #4
Tennessee beats Kansas City on hth in 2way or in 3way or 4way with Cincinnati and/or Buffalo, or on conference record in 3way with New England
Cincinnati beats Tennessee on conference record
Tennessee beats Buffalo on hth in 2way (or 3way with Kansas City), but both lose to Cincinnati on conference record in 3way tie
New England beats Tennessee on hth in 2way or on conference record in 3way or 4way

Kansas City
win + Tennessee loss/tie -> #1
win + Tennessee win -> #2
tie + Tennessee loss -> #1
tie + Tennessee win/tie -> #2
loss + Cincinnati loss/tie + Buffalo loss/tie + New England loss/tie -> #2
loss + Cincinnati loss/tie + Buffalo win -> #3
loss + Cincinnati loss/tie + New England win -> #3
loss + Cincinnati win + Buffalo loss/tie + New England loss/tie -> #3
loss + Cincinnati win + Buffalo win -> #4
loss + Cincinnati win + New England win -> #4
Tennessee beats Kansas City on hth in 2way or in 3way or 4way with Cincinnati and/or Buffalo, or on conference record in 3way with New England
Cincinnati beats Kansas City on hth in 2way or in 3way or 4way with Tennessee and/or Buffalo, or on conference record in 3way or 4way with New England
Buffalo beats Kansas City on hth in 2way or in 3way or 4way with Tennessee and/or Cincinnati
New England beats Kansas City on conference record

Cincinnati
win + Tennessee loss + Kansas City loss + Buffalo win -> #1
win + Tennessee loss + Kansas City loss + Buffalo loss/tie + New England loss/tie -> #1
win + Tennessee loss + Kansas City loss + Buffalo loss/tie + New England win -> #2
win + Tennessee loss + Kansas City win/tie + Buffalo win -> #2
win + Tennessee loss + Kansas City win/tie + Buffalo loss/tie + New England loss/tie -> #2
win + Tennessee loss + Kansas City win/tie + Buffalo loss/tie + New England win -> #3
win + Tennessee win/tie + Kansas City loss + Buffalo win -> #2
win + Tennessee win/tie + Kansas City loss + Buffalo loss/tie + New England loss/tie -> #2
win + Tennessee win/tie + Kansas City loss + Buffalo loss/tie + New England win -> #3
win + Tennessee win/tie + Kansas City win/tie + Buffalo win -> #3
win + Tennessee win/tie + Kansas City win/tie + Buffalo loss/tie + New England loss/tie -> #3
win + Tennessee win/tie + Kansas City win/tie + Buffalo loss/tie + New England win -> #4
tie + Buffalo loss + New England loss -> #3
tie + Buffalo tie + New England loss/tie -> #3
tie + Buffalo win -> #4
tie + New England win -> #4
loss + Buffalo loss + New England loss -> #3
loss + Buffalo win/tie -> #4
loss + New England win/tie -> #4
Cincinnati beats Tennessee on conference record
Cincinnati beats Kansas City on hth in 2way or in 3way or 4way with Tennessee and/or Buffalo, or on conference record in 3way or 4way with New England
Cincinnati beats Buffalo on conference record
New England beats Cincinnati on common games in 2way tie, both will beat Kansas City and Tennessee in 3way or 4way on conference record, which brings it back down to a 2way tie

Buffalo
win + Kansas City loss + Cincinnati loss/tie -> #2
win + Kansas City loss + Cincinnati win -> #3
win + Kansas City win/tie + Cincinnati loss/tie -> #3
win + Kansas City win/tie + Cincinnati win -> #4
tie + New England loss/tie + Cincinnati loss -> #3
tie + New England loss/tie + Cincinnati win/tie -> #4
tie + New England win -> #5
loss + New England loss -> #4
loss + New England win/tie + Indianapolis loss/tie + LA Chargers vs Las Vegas tie -> #5
loss + New England win/tie + Indianapolis loss/tie + LA Chargers vs Las Vegas has a winner -> #6
loss + New England win/tie + Indianapolis win + LA Chargers vs Las Vegas tie -> #6
loss + New England win/tie + Indianapolis win + LA Chargers vs Las Vegas has a winner -> #7
Buffalo beats New England on division record
Tennessee beats Buffalo on hth in 2way (or 3way with Kansas City), but both lose to Cincinnati on conference record in 3way tie
Cincinnati beats Buffalo on conference record
Buffalo beats Kansas City on hth in 2way or in 3way or 4way with Tennessee and/or Cincinnati
Indianapolis beats Buffalo on hth in 2way or on conference record in 3way tie with LA Chargers or Las Vegas
LA Chargers beats Buffalo on conference record
Las Vegas beats Buffalo on conference record

New England
win + Buffalo loss/tie + Tennessee loss + Kansas City loss -> #1
win + Buffalo loss/tie + Tennessee loss + Kansas City win/tie -> #2
win + Buffalo loss/tie + Tennessee win/tie + Kansas City loss -> #2
win + Buffalo loss/tie + Tennessee win/tie + Kansas City win/tie -> #3
win + Buffalo win -> #5
tie + Buffalo loss + Cincinnati loss/tie -> #3
tie + Buffalo loss + Cincinnati win -> #4
tie + Buffalo win/tie -> #5
loss + Indianapolis loss/tie + Las Vegas loss/tie vs LA Chargers -> #5
loss + Indianapolis loss/tie + Las Vegas win vs LA Chargers -> #6
loss + Indianapolis win + Las Vegas loss/tie vs LA Chargers -> #6
loss + Indianapolis win + Las Vegas win vs LA Chargers -> #7
Buffalo beats New England on division record
New England beats Tennessee on hth in 2way or conference record in 3way or 4way
New England beats Kansas City on conference record
New England beats Cincinnati on common games in 2way tie, both will beat Kansas City and Tennessee in 3way or 4way on conference record, which brings it back down to a 2way tie
Indianapolis beats New England on hth in 2way tie, 3way with LA Chargers goes down to the 2way on conference record, both lose 3way with Las Vegas on strength of victory
New England beats LA Chargers on hth in 2way or on conference record in 3way or 4way tie
Las Vegas beats New England on common games in 2way tie, Las Vegas wins 3way with Indianapolis and New England on strength of victory

Indianapolis
win + Las Vegas loss/tie vs LA Chargers + Buffalo loss -> #5
win + Las Vegas loss/tie vs LA Chargers + New England loss -> #5
win + Las Vegas loss/tie vs LA Chargers + Buffalo win/tie + New England win/tie -> #6
win + Las Vegas win vs LA Chargers + Buffalo loss -> #6
win + Las Vegas win vs LA Chargers + New England loss -> #6
win + Las Vegas win vs LA Chargers + Buffalo win/tie + New England win/tie -> #7
tie + Las Vegas loss/tie vs LA Chargers -> #6
tie + Las Vegas win vs LA Chargers -> #7
loss + LA Chargers loss vs Las Vegas + Baltimore - Pittsburgh tie -> #7
loss + LA Chargers loss vs Las Vegas + Baltimore loss vs Pittsburgh + Pittsburgh loss/tie vs Cleveland -> #7
loss + LA Chargers loss vs Las Vegas + Baltimore loss vs Pittsburgh + Pittsburgh win vs Cleveland -> no playoffs
loss + LA Chargers loss vs Las Vegas + Baltimore win vs Pittsburgh + Miami win -> #7
loss + LA Chargers loss vs Las Vegas + Baltimore win vs Pittsburgh + Miami loss/tie -> no playoffs
loss + Las Vegas loss/tie vs LA Chargers -> no playoffs
Indianapolis beats Buffalo on hth in 2way or on conference record in 3way tie with LA Chargers or Las Vegas
Indianapolis beats New England on hth in 2way tie, 3way with LA Chargers goes down to the 2way on conference record, both lose 3way with Las Vegas on strength of victory
Indianapolis beats LA Chargers on conference record
Las Vegas beats Indianapolis on hth in 2way tie, both beat Buffalo or Miami and Baltimore in 3way or 4way ties on conference record, bringing it down to the 2way tie, Las Vegas wins 3way with Indianapolis and New England on strength of victory
Indianapolis beats Miami on hth in 2way or on conference record in 3way or 4way tie
Baltimore beats Indianapolis on hth in 2way and in 3way tie with LA Chargers, both lose in 3way tie with Las Vegas on hth, Indianapolis beats Baltimore on conference record in 4way with Miami and LA Chargers or Las Vegas
Indianapolis beats Pittsburgh on conference record
Indianapolis beats Cleveland on conference record

LA Chargers
win + Indianapolis loss/tie + Buffalo loss + New England win/tie -> #5
win + Indianapolis loss/tie + Buffalo win/tie -> #6
win + Indianapolis loss/tie + New England loss -> #6
win + Indianapolis win + Buffalo loss + New England win/tie -> #6
win + Indianapolis win + Buffalo win/tie -> #7
win + Indianapolis win + New England loss -> #7
tie + Indianapolis loss -> #6
tie + Indianapolis win/tie -> #7
loss -> no playoffs
LA Chargers beats Las Vegas on hth
LA Chargers beats Buffalo on conference record
New England beats LA Chargers on hth in 2way or on conference record in 3way or 4way tie
Indianapolis beats LA Chargers on conference record
Miami and LA Chargers lose 3way or 4way with Indianapolis on conference record, 3way with Baltimore is irrelevant for the wild cards
Baltimore beats LA Chargers in 3way with Indianapolis, but both lose if it's a 4way also involving Miami to Indianapolis on conference record
LA Chargers beats Pittsburgh on hth in 2way, or both lose in 3way with Indianapolis on conference record, that also applies if Miami makes it a 4way
LA Chargers and Cleveland lose 3way with Indianapolis on conference record, also if it becomes a 4way with Miami

Las Vegas
win + Buffalo loss + New England loss -> #5
win + Buffalo win/tie -> #6
win + New England win/tie -> #6
tie + Indianapolis loss -> #7
tie + Indianapolis win/tie -> no playoffs
loss + Indianapolis loss + Baltimore - Pittsburgh tie -> #7
loss + Indianapolis loss + Baltimore loss vs Pittsburgh + Pittsburgh loss/tie vs Cleveland -> #7
loss + Indianapolis loss + Baltimore loss vs Pittsburgh + Pittsburgh win vs Cleveland -> no playoffs
loss + Indianapolis loss + Baltimore win vs Pittsburgh + Miami win -> #7
loss + Indianapolis loss + Baltimore win vs Pittsburgh + Miami loss/tie -> no playoffs
loss + Indianapolis win/tie -> no playoffs
LA Chargers beats Las Vegas on hth if LA Chargers doesn't lose in week 18, or on common games in 2way tie, or on division record in 3way tie with Denver
Las Vegas beats Buffalo on conference record
Las Vegas beats New England on common games in 2way tie, Las Vegas wins 3way with Indianapolis and New England on strength of victory
Las Vegas beats Indianapolis on hth in 2way tie, both beat Buffalo or Miami and Baltimore in 3way or 4way ties on conference record, bringing it down to the 2way tie, Las Vegas wins 3way with Indianapolis and New England on strength of victory
Las Vegas beats Miami on hth in 2way or conference record in 3way or 4way tie
Las Vegas beats Baltimore on hth in 3way with Indianapolis, or on conference record if it's a 4way with Indianapolis and Miami
Las Vegas beats Pittsburgh on conference record in 3way with Indianapolis or 4way also involving Miami
Las Vegas beats Cleveland on conference record in 3way with Indianapolis or 4way also involving Miami

Miami
win/loss/tie -> no playoffs
Indianapolis beats Miami on hth in 2way or on conference record in 3way or 4way tie
Miami and Baltimore both lose in 3way or 4way with Indianapolis and/or Las Vegas on conference record, 3way with LA Chargers is irrelevant for the wild cards
Miami and LA Chargers lose 3way or 4way with Indianapolis on conference record, 3way with Baltimore is irrelevant for the wild cards
Las Vegas beats Miami on hth in 2way or conference record in 3way or 4way tie
Pittsburgh and Miami lose to Las Vegas on hth in 3way or 4way with Indianapolis, or lose to Indianapolis on conference record in 4way with LA Chargers
Miami and Cleveland lose on conference record to Indianapolis in 4way with LA Chargers, or to both Indianapolis and Las Vegas in that 4way

Baltimore
win + Indianapolis loss + Las Vegas loss + Miami loss/tie -> #7
any other scenario -> no playoffs
Cleveland beats Baltimore on division record in 2way
tied situation with Pittsburgh will be irrelevant for the playoffs
Baltimore beats Indianapolis on hth in 2way, still in 3way with LA Chargers, or Indianapolis beats Baltimore on conference record in 3way or 4way with Miami and/or Las Vegas
Baltimore beats LA Chargers in 3way with Indianapolis, but both lose if it's a 4way also involving Miami to Indianapolis on conference record
Las Vegas beats Baltimore on hth in 3way with Indianapolis, or on conference record if it's a 4way with Indianapolis and Miami
Miami and Baltimore both lose in 3way or 4way with Indianapolis and/or Las Vegas on conference record, 3way with LA Chargers is irrelevant for the wild cards

Pittsburgh
win vs Baltimore + win vs Cleveland + Indianapolis loss + LA Chargers - Las Vegas has a winner -> #7
win vs Baltimore + win vs Cleveland + Indianapolis wint/tie -> no playoffs
win vs Baltimore + win vs Cleveland + LA Chargers - Las Vegas tie-> no playoffs
tied situation with Baltimore and/or Cleveland will be irrelevant for the playoffs
Indianapolis beats Pittsburgh on conference record
LA Chargers beats Pittsburgh on hth in 2way, or both lose in 3way with Indianapolis on conference record, that also applies if Miami makes it a 4way
Las Vegas beats Pittsburgh on conference record in 3way with Indianapolis or 4way also involving Miami
Pittsburgh and Miami lose to Las Vegas on hth in 3way or 4way with Indianapolis, or lose to Indianapolis on conference record in 4way with LA Chargers

Cleveland
win/loss/tie -> no playoffs
Cleveland beats Baltimore on division record in 2way
tied situation with Pittsburgh will be irrelevant for the playoffs
Indianapolis beats Cleveland on conference record
Miami and Cleveland lose on conference record to Indianapolis in 4way with LA Chargers, or to both Indianapolis and Las Vegas in that 4way
LA Chargers and Cleveland lose 3way with Indianapolis on conference record, also if it becomes a 4way with Miami
Las Vegas beats Cleveland on conference record in 3way with Indianapolis or 4way also involving Miami

Green Bay
win/loss/tie -> #1
Green Bay beats LA Rams on hth in 2way, the 3way with Tampa Bay goes to the same 2way on conference record
Green Bay beats Tampa Bay on conference record

LA Rams
win -> #2
tie + Tampa Bay loss/tie -> #2
tie + Tampa Bay win -> #3
loss + Arizona loss/tie + Tampa Bay loss + Dallas loss/tie -> #2
loss + Arizona loss/tie + Tampa Bay loss + Dallas win -> #3
loss + Arizona loss/tie + Tampa Bay win/tie + Dallas loss/tie -> #3
loss + Arizona loss/tie + Tampa Bay win/tie + Dallas win -> #4
loss + Arizona win -> #5
Arizona beats LA Rams on division record
Green Bay beats LA Rams on hth in 2way, the 3way with Tampa Bay goes to the same 2way on conference record
Dallas beats LA Rams on conference record
LA Rams beats Tampa Bay on hth in 2way, LA Rams beats Tampa Bay on conference record in 3way with Green Bay, both lose to Dallas on conference record in 3way

Tampa Bay
win + LA Rams loss/tie -> #2
win + LA Rams win -> #3
tie + LA Rams loss -> #2
tie + LA Rams win/tie -> #3
loss + LA Rams win/tie -> #3
loss + LA Rams loss + Dallas loss/tie -> #3
loss + LA Rams loss + Dallas win -> #4
Green Bay beats Tampa Bay on conference record
LA Rams beats Tampa Bay on hth in 2way, LA Rams beats Tampa Bay on conference record in 3way with Green Bay, both lose to Dallas on conference record in 3way
Tampa Bay beats Dallas on hth in 2way, but Dallas beats Tampa Bay on conference record in 3way with LA Rams
Arizona beats Tampa Bay on conference record

Dallas
win + LA Rams loss + Tampa Bay loss + Arizona loss/tie -> #2
win + LA Rams loss + Tampa Bay loss + Arizona win -> #4
win + LA Rams loss + Tampa Bay win/tie + Arizona loss/tie -> #3
win + LA Rams loss + Tampa Bay win/tie + Arizona win -> #4
win + LA Rams win/tie -> #4
loss/tie -> #4
Dallas beats LA Rams on conference record
Tampa Bay beats Dallas on hth in 2way, but Dallas beats Tampa Bay on conference record in 3way with LA Rams
Arizona beats Dallas on hth in 2way tie, but Dallas beats Arizona on conference record in 3way with Tampa Bay

Arizona
win + LA Rams loss + Tampa Bay loss -> #2
win + LA Rams loss + Tampa Bay win/tie -> #3
win + LA Rams win/tie -> #5
loss/tie -> #5
Arizona beats LA Rams on division record
Arizona beats Tampa Bay on conference record
Arizona beats Dallas on hth in 2way tie, but Dallas beats Arizona on conference record in 3way with Tampa Bay

San Francisco
win -> #6
tie + Philadelphia loss/tie -> #6
tie + Philadelphia win -> #7
loss + New Orleans loss/tie -> #7
loss + New Orleans win -> no playoffs
San Francisco beats Philadelphia on hth in 2way, but Philadelphia beats San Francisco on conference record in 3way with New Orleans
New Orleans beats San Francisco on conference record

Philadelphia
win + San Francisco loss/tie -> #6
win + San Francisco win -> #7
loss/tie + San Francisco loss -> #6
tie + San Francisco win/tie -> #7
loss + San Francisco loss + New Orleans win -> #6
loss + San Francisco win/tie -> #7
loss + New Orleans loss/tie -> #7
San Francisco beats Philadelphia on hth in 2way, but Philadelphia beats San Francisco on conference record in 3way with New Orleans
Philadelphia beats New Orleans on hth in 2way tie, both beat San Francisco on conference record in 3way

New Orleans
win + San Francisco loss -> #7
New Orleans beats San Francisco on conference record
Philadelphia beats New Orleans on hth in 2way tie, both beat San Francisco on conference record in 3way

Wow, I think I have it all, with no errors. But feel free to point out inconsistencies.

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 01-08-2022 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Added the missing Tennessee loss + Kansas City win/tie scenarios; fixed the Buffalo loss + New England loss scenarios
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:14 AM   #2162
Ksyrup

Denver won 2-3 games they shouldn't have and that's probably going to cost them 3-5 places in the draft order. Should have just dropped the Dallas, first Chargers game, and probably the WFT game. One, better draft position. Two, definite firing for Fangio.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-03-2022, 02:23 PM   #2163
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Old 01-03-2022, 02:24 PM   #2164
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola:

Of course, "If [an NFL team] lose[s] to the Jaguars" is a pretty hypothetical way to start any discussion.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:25 PM   #2165
Ksyrup

That would be the greatest SNF game ever!

I don't know if this is completely correct, but I think I read that the Colts have only beaten the Jags 5 out of the past 12 times and not in Jacksonville since 2014.
Old 01-03-2022, 03:29 PM   #2166
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
"If [an NFL team] lose[s] to the Jaguars" is a pretty hypothetical way to start any discussion.

The Lions could do it. But for a playoff team, yeah.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 03:29 PM   #2167
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

I don't know if this is completely correct, but I think I read that the Colts have only beaten the Jags 5 out of the past 12 times and not in Jacksonville since 2014.
It's one of those typical "if I pick 12, it will sway one way, if I pick 10 or 18, it will not" statistics. But true nevertheless, according to my favorite NFL stats source:
footballdb.com - Indianapolis Colts vs. Jacksonville Jaguars Results

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 01-03-2022 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2022, 03:57 PM   #2168
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

I wonder what the NFL would do, if anything, if that actually happened. I don't think the referees would have the power to do anything, and once the result is in the book, that's kind of the end of it. It there some catch-all rule about sportsmanship that could result in the suspension of coaches or something? Regardless, they'd both be in the playoffs.
Old 01-03-2022, 04:02 PM   #2169
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Didn't this scenario play out in a World Cup match a couple decades ago? Both sides just kicked the ball back and forth for 90 minutes.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 04:12 PM   #2170
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Yes, basically: Disgrace of Gijón - Wikipedia
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:17 PM   #2171
sabotai
General Manager

The NFL does have a "catch-all" rule that says the Commissioner can overturn the result of a game for "unfair acts". If both teams do something that that soccer match, Goodell could just overturn the result. I have no idea if he can give a lose to both teams though, or even disqualify both teams from the playoffs.

Quote:
RULE 17.

SECTION 2 EXTRAORDINARILY UNFAIR ACTS

ARTICLE 1. COMMISSIONER AUTHORITY. The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate
disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which
the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such
action has a major effect on the result of the game

ARTICLE 3. PENALTIES FOR UNFAIR ACTS. The Commissioner’s powers under this Section 2 include the imposition of
monetary fines and draft-choice forfeitures, suspension of persons involved in unfair acts, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a
game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred.
In the event of rescheduling a game, the Commissioner will be guided by the procedures specified in 17-1-5–11, above. In all
cases, the Commissioner will conduct a full investigation, including the opportunity for hearings, use of game video, and any
other procedure the Commissioner deems appropriate.

Last edited by sabotai : 01-03-2022 at 05:17 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:23 PM   #2172
larrymcg421
Head Coach

There was a Badminton scandal at the 2012 Olympics where several pairs were purposefully trying to lose because it would get them a better matchup in the elimination round. All 4 teams were disqualified.

Badminton at the 2012 Summer Olympics – Women's doubles - Wikipedia

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:29 PM   #2173
molson
General Manager

I desperately want this to happen. Please listen to my prayers, football gods!!

Of course the Jaguars have to win a game so forget it.
Old 01-03-2022, 05:32 PM   #2174
Ksyrup

Just taking a knee for an entire game is not going to happen but what if it's 20-20 with 10 minutes left? I could see the teams having a silent understanding that they'll just run very conservative plays and be content with the tie. In that scenario, you only have to play not to lose, not play to win.
Old 01-03-2022, 05:37 PM   #2175
MIJB#19
Coordinator

The NFL could still avoid it by making sure the Colts' game will be played at the same time. But any other AFC game moved to the Sunday night timeslot would run the same risk of not being really meaningful for the playoffs bound/hopeful team(s) involved due to the results earlier on the day. Although the Titans', Patriots' or Bills' game could still be meaningful.

Big difference being that this game of football doesn't lend itself well for a stalemate like the other game football does. And those that will claim that this scenario will not happen, if the vibe in the stadium with both teams becomes "a tie is much better than pissing the game away", a stalemate situation will happen.

If it does happen, it would karma for Suck for Luck, although he's no longer playing.
Old 01-03-2022, 05:45 PM   #2176
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
There was a Badminton scandal at the 2012 Olympics where several pairs were purposefully trying to lose because it would get them a better matchup in the elimination round. All 4 teams were disqualified.

Badminton at the 2012 Summer Olympics – Women's doubles - Wikipedia
The equivalent of that would be the Patriots tanking next Sunday because they prefer playing at the #2 or #3 seed over the #4 seed, which by the end of their close game against the Dolphins might be known, and as a result gift the #5 seed to the Colts or potentially to the Raiders.
Old 01-03-2022, 08:26 PM   #2177
thesloppy
Pro Starter

This game suuuuuuuuuucks.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 08:32 PM   #2178
bhlloy
Coordinator

Nice of Baker to try to get the Browns a better pick to find his replacement
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 08:42 PM   #2179
molson
General Manager

Ya, I think Baker's career as a starter is over. Unless the Panthers decide to trade for him.
Old 01-03-2022, 08:57 PM   #2180
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Before this season, I thought "If a top QB is now worth $40 million/year, then someone will probably give Baker $30 million."

Now, I agree that he will need to fight for a starter's job next year.

I don't know if I can remember a player dropping that quickly without some off the field stuff really driving it. Here, it just seems like he played enough football that we all finally saw that he wasn't as good at it as we had hoped.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:03 PM   #2181
Ksyrup

I just got home from my daughter's bball game and see that Big Ben has 96 yards on 34 attempts. And that's MVP numbers compared to Mayfield. I'm out on this game before the 3Q starts.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-03-2022 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:05 PM   #2182
Swaggs
Coordinator

Doesn’t he have a torn labrum? If so, and they are eliminated, I don’t understand why he’s even active.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:13 PM   #2183
Swaggs
Coordinator

It will be fun to see how the Hall of Fame treats AB. If he retired at 30, like Calvin Johnson, I assume he’d be a first ballot inductee. Since then, he’s added a Super Bowl and napalmed bridges from every team he’s played with.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:33 PM   #2184
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
It will be fun to see how the Hall of Fame treats AB. If he retired at 30, like Calvin Johnson, I assume he’d be a first ballot inductee. Since then, he’s added a Super Bowl and napalmed bridges from every team he’s played with.

I think AB has as much of a chance as Ray Rice the way things currently stand.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:35 PM   #2185
molson
General Manager

And AB is going to do way more crazy shit before he's HOF-eligible.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:40 PM   #2186
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
And AB is going to do way more crazy shit before he's HOF-eligible.

He'd have to have a Randy Moss like return to form and change of perception. I wonder if Moss would have continued to flame out and burn bridges and never wear a Pats uniform if he would have made it.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:49 PM   #2187
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Doesn’t he have a torn labrum? If so, and they are eliminated, I don’t understand why he’s even active.

They need a a lot of help, but not eliminated yet. Painful watching him struggle tonight, though. You hate to see a Hall of Famer go out like this.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:51 PM   #2188
bhlloy
Coordinator

Browns were eliminated I thought. Steelers can still get there because of the tie.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:57 PM   #2189
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Browns were eliminated I thought. Steelers can still get there because of the tie.

I meant the Steelers. Forgot Mayfield was the one with the tear. Roethlisberger sure looks like he can't throw deep or accurately or anything right now.

Yeah, Mayfield seems to have that "if I can still put on a uniform, I can play" thing going for him. They should shut him down. His teammates already know he's a gamer.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:00 PM   #2190
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Baker has a torn labrum and had a broken bone in his non-throwing shoulder. It'll be interesting to see how much weight the Cleveland front office puts on this season. He was solid enough last year and he's been hurt since week 2 this year. I have no idea why they haven't just shut him down and let him go ahead and have the surgery.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:02 PM   #2191
bhlloy
Coordinator

Torn labrum or not, his pocket presence is just absolutely atrocious
Old 01-03-2022, 10:05 PM   #2192
thesloppy
Pro Starter

If you're the Browns do you franchise tag Baker next year for close to $30MM? He hasn't proved himself to be worth long-term investment, but there's not exactly a lot of options on the open market.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:13 PM   #2193
Swaggs
Coordinator

As a Steelers fan, I think I’d take a healthy Baker if he were available next year.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:14 PM   #2194
molson
General Manager

Shit, Strahan's sack record could fall tonight.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:15 PM   #2195
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Shit, Strahan's sack record could fall tonight.

May have gotten to the QB first a couple of plays ago if he hadn't been held.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:19 PM   #2196
molson
General Manager

I rarely watch full games not involving the Patriots, but I am fantasy football-invested in this one, and it is great fun watching the Steelers sack Baker 800 times.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:22 PM   #2197
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Browns have both ends of the 2021 season record here - they got Justin Fields nine times early this season. Now Mayfield ties it.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:26 PM   #2198
JPhillips
General Manager

The line for Baker is sooo bad.

And he's only the second-worst QB playing tonight.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:59 PM   #2199
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I cant imagine have Baker as your starting QB. Inaccurate, poor anticipation, bails on the pocket far too soon. If the Browns had stuck to their early season game plan and kept running the ball the outcome of the season would have likely been different.

After awhile teams probably changed their game plan figuring out that Baker is hopeless therefore maybe the change from the Browns.
Old 01-03-2022, 11:06 PM   #2200
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I've been searching for the last time we had a moment like that - a quarterback definitely headed to the Hall of Fame playing what's almost certainly his last game at home - never played for any other team.

Eli might not get the call and Daniel Jones started most of 2019, including the last home game. Aikman and Young were injured and didn't get to finish the season. Marino wanted to play another season, there was some bitterness there and he was told he couldn't come back.

I would say John Elway in the AFC Championship game at Denver 23 seasons ago. I think people knew at the time.

We make fun of how bad the quarterbacking was tonight, but the moment was real - Roethlisberger was a great one and the fans appreciate that. I'm glad the NFL featured the game, glad to see that moment.