Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-08-2021, 04:54 PM   #51
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Brazilian nationals coming home from the UK were not required to quarantine. The problem for their clubs is that they would be required to quarantine upon their return to the UK.

Makes sense, although that makes the situation with the postponement even more absurd. Also falls over if any of those nations play in a nation that has the UK on the red list during this break and has similar restrictions I guess. All in all a total mess, not surprising given FIFA and some of the countries involved.

bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 05:32 PM   #52
AlexB
Pro Starter

Ban them for life! Or at least this weekend. Leicester play Man City, and the drop off between Ederson and Scott Carson is significant
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 07:12 PM   #53
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The five day thing is a long standing rule to prevent clubs from refusing to release players for international duty. And considering how ridiculous some of the determination of 'red' countries were, I'm fine with South American countries asking to enforce it

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2021, 11:16 PM   #54
RainMaker
General Manager

Pepi
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 09:15 AM   #55
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

NBC has managed to have one of the six streams on Peacock working this working. !@#$!$#!$#
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:12 AM   #56
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am catching up on the weekend's matches and I unexpectedly saw the Harvey Elliot injury. My sensibilities say that it was a a bad tackle but I understood that it was a fair tackle in the EPL. However the player was sent off because according to The Athletic it was "deemed to be serious foul play due to the intensity of the challenge and endangerment to Elliott." That does not make any sense to me. It feel like the red card was a result of the injury and not the tackle. This is especially the case since there is no allegation of intent. I am seeing that Leeds is going to appeal the red card and I agree with this decision. If the EPL is going to punish hard fair challenges when they cause injuries, they need to do the same when they don't and vice versa.

Also, Dortmund is must watch TV for me every week. They are going to score goals and give up goals consistently.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:38 PM   #57
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Go camping and naturally I miss a City UCL match with nine goals.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 09-15-2021 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-19-2021, 06:52 AM   #58
miami_fan
Coordinator

The context is the Luton Town player (in red) was trying to take a free kick quickly and the Swansea player was trying to be slick and stop the play. I feel like for all the conversation about athletes stopping an action midway through the action this should probably have been a red card. However, play stupid games...
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-19-2021, 10:02 AM   #59
miami_fan
Coordinator

Sometimes your team makes you look like the smartest guy in the stadium and other times they make you look like David Moyes looks right now.

Last edited by miami_fan : 09-19-2021 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:11 PM   #60
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

That is one large dude playing up front for Wycombe. He looks easily 30-50 pounds heavier than anyone on the pitch.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 04:20 PM   #61
miami_fan
Coordinator

Let me guess. Is this the guy?

Old 09-21-2021, 05:13 PM   #62
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

The context is the Luton Town player (in red) was trying to take a free kick quickly and the Swansea player was trying to be slick and stop the play. I feel like for all the conversation about athletes stopping an action midway through the action this should probably have been a red card. However, play stupid games...

Saw this too. Sort of feel like if you make the decision to interfere in the action, you're going to have to deal with the consequences.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:25 PM   #63
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 09-23-2021, 12:52 PM   #64
Critch
lolzcat

Contracts for Muratan's transfer from FCSB (the club formerly known as Steaua Bucharest) to Galatasaray have been leaked. Interesting for FM2021 players, all the options and clauses tie in with the little buttons you have to press in an FM negotiation:

Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 02:34 PM   #65
miami_fan
Coordinator

What is preventing an MLS team from winning a CONCACAF club competition?
Old 09-23-2021, 03:26 PM   #66
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
What is preventing an MLS team from winning a CONCACAF club competition?

MLS is a league that doesn't want competition or desire to have teams get really good. So while the overall talent of the league has improved, you'll never really have a great team come out of it.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:29 AM   #67
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 09-25-2021 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:25 AM   #68
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am still not seeing any benefits for players to stay on their feet in the penalty box.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:28 AM   #69
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Nope. You will never get a single call if you don't flop to the ground. It's why players do what they do.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:50 AM   #70
spleen1015
Coordinator

The flopping dramatics are almost enough for someone like me not to watch. I wasn't much of an EPL fan until last year when I watched the shows on Amazon Prime. So, I don't have much history with it.

The kid who broke is ankle for Liverpool a few weeks ago didn't act anything like how these clowns act when they're barely or not even touched. It's lame.

You have guys that don't get touched flop around on the ground for 4 minutes while the other team is scoring on their team. Lame.
Old 10-03-2021, 12:00 PM   #71
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

^
Lol
Old 10-03-2021, 12:04 PM   #72
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Milner should be off. Not even debatable
Old 10-03-2021, 12:24 PM   #73
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Great match. Shit ref.
Old 10-07-2021, 01:05 PM   #74
miami_fan
Coordinator

Newcastle confirm £300m Saudi-backed takeover to end Mike Ashley era | Newcastle United | The Guardian

A new member for the future Super League.
Old 10-07-2021, 01:11 PM   #75
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Look for me on TV at the US-Jamaica world cup qualifier tonight. I'll be the one wearing a US Soccer t shirt
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 01:45 PM   #76
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:

They have lots of work to do and there will be plenty of roadblocks before they even get to that point. The other Super League clubs will want nothing to do with them. It was created to get separation and guaranteed money. They don't want to share that shit.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:04 AM   #77
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Ricardo Pepi is pretty pretty good
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 03:43 PM   #78
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Ricardo Pepi is pretty pretty good

He is very good.

Watching the last 3 qualifiers, it's clear how important Tyler Adams is. He allows everyone else to be more creative. Just a totally different team when he isn't out there.

I think when this squad has Pulisic and Reyna back, they're going to be really tough.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:08 PM   #79
PilotMan
Head Coach

I'm excited to be going to the USA/MEX qualifier here in Cincy in November. I hope we win this one!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 11:17 AM   #80
miami_fan
Coordinator

Anyone know what is going on at St James Park? I am just listening to the game and the game has been stopped.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:31 AM   #81
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Medical issue in the crowd. Most likely a heart attack.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 10-17-2021 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-17-2021, 12:38 PM   #82
Ksyrup

Completely caught off-guard by Leicester's win over ManU. I had basically written this season off. Perhaps a reason for some optimism although the trend has been a hot start and crap end so if they finish weak again, it'll be a bottom half finish given how bad this start had been up until now.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-17-2021 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #83
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Completely caught off-guard by Leicester's win over ManU. I had basically written this season off. Perhaps a reason for some optimism although the trend has been a hot start and crap end so if they finish weak again, it'll be a bottom half finish given how bad this start had been up until now.

I went to the game: we were excellent, but Utd made it easy for us. Our issues have largely been committing errors while trying to play out from the back against the press, and then not being positive enough in the final third.

One we fixed ourselves: we had noticeably more men in the box than for a long time, but they played into our hands for the other - they just didn’t press, and we could pass around without jeopardy and pick our passes.

They were really poor: Ronaldo, Sancho, Bruno were all non-factors, and even though they conceded 4, de Gea was their best player.

Hopefully it gives us a boost, and we can use it to kick one
Old 10-18-2021, 02:50 PM   #84
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Medical issue in the crowd. Most likely a heart attack.

I just saw the incident. I am surprised that the supporters were able to get the attention of the players. It probably helped that Newcastle was down 2-1 at the time. I am even more surprised that the players actually took them seriously as opposed to taking it as some sort of banter or something to put the players off.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:23 PM   #85
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Atleti and Liverpool shaping up to be a cracker!
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 11:24 AM   #86
Critch
lolzcat

Man Utd and Liverpool not a cracker unless you enjoy watching Man Utd getting humped. And luckily I do.

4-0 Liverpool at half time. Man Utd will be trying to work out if they can fire a manager at half time, should never have been Ole.
Old 10-24-2021, 11:43 AM   #87
miami_fan
Coordinator

There is only like two managers worthy of managing Manchester United right? Maybe three if Sir Alex come out of retirement? I mean it can't be a midtable guy like Moyes. It can't be a experienced guy who has won things outside the Premier League like Van Gaal. It can't be a experienced guy who has won things in the Premier League like Mourinho. Now it can't be a club legend like Ole.

Who's next?
Old 10-24-2021, 11:51 AM   #88
Ksyrup

This is kinda fun to watch.
Old 10-24-2021, 12:33 PM   #89
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Worthy of managing United? They've been in shambles for years. Maybe they can go after Steve Bruce.
Old 10-24-2021, 12:40 PM   #90
bhlloy
Coordinator

Ronaldo forcing his way out of a team underachieving for a team that is going to be out of everything by Christmas and scrambling to make the Champions League next year is absolutely hilarious.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 02:25 PM   #91
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Eagerly awaiting for the Ole At The Wheel images!
Old 10-25-2021, 12:04 AM   #92
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post
Eagerly awaiting for the Ole At The Wheel images!

Old 10-25-2021, 08:40 AM   #93
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

lol
Old 10-29-2021, 12:05 PM   #94
miami_fan
Coordinator

IFAB recommends five substitutions to be allowed across all levels of the game | Football News | Sky Sports

I thought this would be the return from shutdown change that became permanent. Looks like this will be the case moving forward.
Old 10-29-2021, 12:41 PM   #95
Ksyrup

AlexB, is Leicester going to lose Rodgers to ManU?

The one thing that I absolutely cannot understand about the popularity of football is what basically amounts to a caste system that people willingly live with. It's like living today what it must have been like being an American League non-Yankee fan from the mid-30s to the mid-60s. It's like 3-4 teams playing against their farm teams.
Old 10-29-2021, 02:11 PM   #96
AlexB
Pro Starter

No chance of him going to Utd. He’s an ex-Liverpool manager for a start, and he’s personally holding out to succeed Pep at Man City.
Old 10-29-2021, 04:25 PM   #97
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

It will be interesting to see who United's next manager will be. I assume they will just draw names from a hat. I'm pretty sure that's how their player recruiting works at least.
Old 10-29-2021, 06:32 PM   #98
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
No chance of him going to Utd. He’s an ex-Liverpool manager for a start, and he’s personally holding out to succeed Pep at Man City.

He's going to Newcastle.

Wait, he went to Newcastle in my FM save.
Old 10-30-2021, 07:10 AM   #99
miami_fan
Coordinator

So I just turn on my TV and uh who the hell are the men in the Arsenal kits?
Old 11-06-2021, 09:21 AM   #100
miami_fan
Coordinator

Michael Oliver has decided it is time to get out of the rain so anything goes?