Old 08-26-2015, 02:29 AM   #151
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

vote ragone
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:36 AM   #152
Autumn
Head Coach

I can explain the lack of a kill in a way that I think only helps us. I was jailed last night, and I was also told that I was attacked but survived because I was in jail. it pays to be the mouthiest one in the village, as everyone just jotted me down as a target.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:21 AM   #153
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Nomination Votes

8 required to put someone up for lynch.

Ragone 1 - CrimsonFox (151)

Last edited by EagleFan : 08-26-2015 at 08:22 AM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #154
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Perfect, thanks autumn
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:44 AM   #155
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I can explain the lack of a kill in a way that I think only helps us. I was jailed last night, and I was also told that I was attacked but survived because I was in jail. it pays to be the mouthiest one in the village, as everyone just jotted me down as a target.

Interesting... I did have night actions and I learned some items. I'll make sure they are in my will with EF. I think it may help us on future days.

Did I mention I love the use of wills!

Note to all: Make sure you utilize your will. I assume that evil could try to fabricate things but it should be possible to verify claims if the information included is accurate enough.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:53 AM   #156
britrock88
Pro Starter

Thumbs up, Autumn.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:49 AM   #157
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Thumbs up, Autumn.

Any news from last night on your side brit?
Old 08-26-2015, 10:27 AM   #158
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Any news from last night on your side brit?

Nothing noteworthy.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #159
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Curious... (and I am quoting Autumn, but this is more directed to our unknown Jailer), but I am guessing here we are viewing the jailer's decision to target you as a good thing?

He won't have any reason on a N0 to think you're evil, so doing this probably means he was trying to protect you.

Of course, down the road, I am guessing the jailer will be less about protecting and more about catching and/or stopping the mafia.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:06 AM   #160
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Sorry, all. I've been tied up in work all morning and will be for a few more hours at least. Trying to read and catch up.
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:07 AM   #161
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Curious... (and I am quoting Autumn, but this is more directed to our unknown Jailer), but I am guessing here we are viewing the jailer's decision to target you as a good thing?

He won't have any reason on a N0 to think you're evil, so doing this probably means he was trying to protect you.

Of course, down the road, I am guessing the jailer will be less about protecting and more about catching and/or stopping the mafia.

Also remember that the Jailor can start executing on Night 2. I guess tonight will be night 1, right?
Old 08-26-2015, 11:10 AM   #162
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also remember that the Jailor can start executing on Night 2. I guess tonight will be night 1, right?

Today is day 2/night 2. There was no day 1.

Last edited by EagleFan : 08-26-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:12 AM   #163
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Today is day 2/night 2. There was no day 1.

Thanks boss.... where's that BMS time machine?
Old 08-26-2015, 11:12 AM   #164
timmae
College Starter

Hey jackal... what's up bro? Whatcha thinking so far?
Old 08-26-2015, 11:20 AM   #165
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
vote ragone

Meta?
Old 08-26-2015, 11:29 AM   #166
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That's right.

So is Autumn still in jail? Do we get some sort of notice of him staying or leaving?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:32 AM   #167
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Meta?

I think it's a summoning vote.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:32 AM   #168
Zinto
College Starter

I need to catch up but I am here!
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #169
Ziiggy
Banned

Quote:

Good result. We need all the help we can get with so much scum running around. Seems a stretch to think anybody had an inkling about who to protect at this point and that they could have guessed right, but that's what appears to have happened. Most of you have played together and some of us have no meta-history here, does it make sense that Autumn would be double targeted on night zero? Does she draw that kind of attention in fofc ww games? Not doubting the veracity of her claim, just thinking out loud as a successful protection the first night isn't a typical outcome (but I don't think this ruleset will be typical in any way). How does a jailing work? Do either the jailor or the jailed learn each other's identity when someone is locked up? Also, maybe I missed it, but do we know for sure that the mafia can attempt a night kill on night zero? Who else could have attacked besides mafia? Just the serial killer right?
Ziiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:54 AM   #170
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Hey jackal... what's up bro? Whatcha thinking so far?

I'm not familiar with this ruleset nor have I played it before, so I'm going to have to keep re-reading the rules. Seems like we've got some hesitancy to nominate people going on here, or maybe it's just inactivity? I'll check in as I can, the other two managers on my team are out this whole week so I won't be as active as sometimes
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #171
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziiggy View Post
does it make sense that Autumn would be double targeted on night zero? Does she draw that kind of attention in fofc ww games? Not doubting the veracity of her claim, just thinking out loud as a successful protection the first night isn't a typical outcome (but I don't think this ruleset will be typical in any way).

*he

And yes, it makes sense. Autumn is a respected vet so I could see the jailor wanting to protect and/or getting an early read if he put in a will. Autumn is also a very believable N1 kill target.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:58 AM   #172
The Jackal
Coordinator

There are so many roles and possibilities in this game, good lord - should be fun.

I think we're just going to need to force some action to get reveals/night actions/etc. No one has said anything particularly questionable thus far so I'm probably leaning mostly random with my vote here.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:02 PM   #173
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
I think it's a summoning vote.

CF... why ragone?
Old 08-26-2015, 12:10 PM   #174
timmae
College Starter

I am waiting for a few more individuals to show up before voting. Stay tuned..
Old 08-26-2015, 12:10 PM   #175
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So we're approaching the nomination deadline (yes, I'm aware it's a moving target) and we're nowhere near an actual nom candidate. And it was suggested, I believe, that in these games, that does happen, and that several days can pass before we get enough information that people feel strongly enough to do the nomination. Is that correct?

And if so, is that the best strategy for us here? We always say here that we want a vote history, and this game doesn't really encourage heavy voting. Is there good reason to adjust our approach to this game, or do we start putting it on ourselves to vote regardless, and let the chips fall where they may?

Old 08-26-2015, 12:11 PM   #176
The Jackal
Coordinator

Hm, what happens if we don't have someone meeting the nomination criteria by the deadline? Is there no lynch?
Old 08-26-2015, 12:12 PM   #177
The Jackal
Coordinator

Bit of a double post there with CR, but it's something we should discuss. Vote history is always useful, but we do have a bunch of roles with night actions that are going to lead to claims as well.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:13 PM   #178
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Hm, what happens if we don't have someone meeting the nomination criteria by the deadline? Is there no lynch?

Correct
Old 08-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #179
The Jackal
Coordinator

Bring on the bull mooses, I say
Old 08-26-2015, 12:37 PM   #180
timmae
College Starter

vote thejackal I think you know more than you are letting on. Evil would hide any information learned last night while good would come out and explain that you know some information but that it isn't privy to the discussion right now. That and wanting to extend the process is giving me some pings.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:39 PM   #181
Ziiggy
Banned

Quote:
So we're approaching the nomination deadline (yes, I'm aware it's a moving target) and we're nowhere near an actual nom candidate. And it was suggested, I believe, that in these games, that does happen, and that several days can pass before we get enough information that people feel strongly enough to do the nomination. Is that correct?

And if so, is that the best strategy for us here? We always say here that we want a vote history, and this game doesn't really encourage heavy voting. Is there good reason to adjust our approach to this game, or do we start putting it on ourselves to vote regardless, and let the chips fall where they may?

Pretty sure it was at least day 4 before anybody was put up for lynch the time I played Salem. I think that makes sense given the ruleset, even with the time difference.
Ziiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:41 PM   #182
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Nomination Votes

8 votes required to put someone up for lynch.

Ragone 1 - CrimsonFox (151)
The Jackal 1 - timmae (180)
Old 08-26-2015, 12:53 PM   #183
Autumn
Head Coach

I had forgotten the earlier nomination timeline, got busy working. I don't have anyone in mind at the moment, so not ready to throw someone under the bus in teh next few minutes, but I'll look back quickly.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #184
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Rule clarification.

Figured I would address this hear as I was asked via PM but just in case others had the same question.

Unvoting is allowed in all stages to cancel your vote.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #185
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
That's right.

So is Autumn still in jail? Do we get some sort of notice of him staying or leaving?

I'm not in jail, it's a night-only thing, but it means the jailer can choose to execute me tonight if he or she chooses. Apparently you guys don't get any notice of the event, so it's a bit of info we have to be wary of being used as misinformation. Take my claim with a grain of salt at this point.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:56 PM   #186
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I would view it as mostly neutral. I assume I just drew someone's eye for being mouthy and they wanted to learn more about me if possible. People just like to use their abilities.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:03 PM   #188
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

No one has been nominated for lynch.

The next deadline is 9 PM. The jailer must submit who will be jailed for the night by that deadline.

Players that want a note to give the jailer should they be jailed should submit them by that deadline.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:11 PM   #189
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
vote thejackal I think you know more than you are letting on. Evil would hide any information learned last night while good would come out and explain that you know some information but that it isn't privy to the discussion right now. That and wanting to extend the process is giving me some pings.

I have information from last night but it's irrelevant at this point, will be happy to share if it becomes relevant
Old 08-26-2015, 03:12 PM   #190
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

how does the janitor know that a person is dying? how does he have enough time to help beofre the person dies?
Old 08-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #191
The Jackal
Coordinator

Also, I'm definitely not advocating extending the process. I figured we didn't have nearly enough traction to lynch someone today, but as you know if you've played with me I'm a big believer in vote history so to stumble along without it for too long just means we'll be doing random things. What I do think is that with all the prevention/action roles at night, we're going to get candidates filtered that way moreso than votes. But if we're down to a few in the end, votes will always be good to look at.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:14 PM   #192
The Jackal
Coordinator

But also, votes will pressure people to reveal. I'll definitely be voting tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:27 PM   #193
Zinto
College Starter

What are the pros and cons of not voting someone out each day? I am not sure I get why we wouldn't have a vote go through everyday.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:09 PM   #194
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

i'm never a fan of NOT voting someone out. That just gives control to other teams. And you learn nothing except night kill stuff.

the threeway thing does make this interesting but it's just as important to vote for people. plus the person majed will not necessarily die. we also learn from the guilty/innocent votes like in resistance/avalon
Old 08-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #195
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

speak your wisdom, great jackal
Old 08-26-2015, 04:27 PM   #196
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
i'm never a fan of NOT voting someone out. That just gives control to other teams. And you learn nothing except night kill stuff.

the threeway thing does make this interesting but it's just as important to vote for people. plus the person majed will not necessarily die. we also learn from the guilty/innocent votes like in resistance/avalon

True. We should have healthy discussions and nominate someone everyday. We don't have to lynch. But even lynches would give the group more information to narrow down the wide, wide realm of possibilities that exists at this point.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:46 PM   #197
timmae
College Starter

This may be taboo in this version of social deduction games but it had been too damn quiet. To hell with it...

I want to know why jackal, Brit and tdfs visited autumn in jail last night. My guess is there were some nefarious activities in mind. I see no reason not to start lynching into that group since it is the only solid evidence we have so far.

Discuss.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:52 PM   #198
timmae
College Starter

Quote:

Of this is accurate then jackal, Brit or tdfs attacked autumn.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:54 PM   #199
timmae
College Starter

'if' not 'of'... Darn smartphone.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:08 PM   #200
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
What are the pros and cons of not voting someone out each day? I am not sure I get why we wouldn't have a vote go through everyday.

I am not a fan of no lynches. The village gets zero info and evil gets an extra night of night actions.