Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-08-2017, 09:53 AM   #1
kcarr
High School JV

Starting with a blank slate (FOF8)

To provide an extreme level of challenge the goal with this franchise will be earn the first overall pick with the Browns and then cut the entire roster. Players can then only be brought onto the team through the draft or as UDFAs though I can make whatever moves I feel are best throughout the draft and signing UDFAs and resigning my own players added in those ways to build my team.

kcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
kcarr
High School JV

First up was the staff draft and picking 21st I didn't have a ton of options, still a couple really stood out for head coach. My original coach was great at scouting but lacked in developing ability and preferred a 3-4 defense which is not the direction I would like to go. Available was a west coach former offensive coordinator with around a 75 in development and above 50 in everything other than interview. It looked like a good system fit for what I prefer to do so I pulled the trigger. Camden Consulo was signed to a 4 year deal to run this squad

When looking for an offensive coordinator I was choosing between a couple very good options, both good at scouting and interviewing which at this point I find very important, but one ran a spread which is not exactly where I want to go and one ran an Erhardt-Perkins which I am not sure I fully understand the meaning of here. I went with the Erhardt Perkins guy, Jack
seinfeld who is a 75 in interviewing and over that in young talent and nearly there in development, play calling, and scouting but a 0 in motivation.

At defensive coordinator I went with Daryl Pierce, a 4-3 over guy with near 75 in scouting and motivation and around 60 in interviewing but 25-40 in the other areas. Not a lot of 4-3 guys to choose from this year.

My assistant coach is also a 4-3 over guy, Blake Edgerton, who is over 75 in young talent and nearly there in interviewing with over a 50 in motivation.

Emmit Andrews, my strength trainer is balanced at around 60 in each with a focus on strength
Old 02-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #3
kcarr
High School JV

Draft:

Holding the first overall pick when I first loaded the draft I was both excited and nervous seeing a QB at the top of the board. My intention had been to unless a top QB was there trade down with the pick knowing I will likely hold the first pick again next year, try to add an extra 2nd this year and a first and 2nd next year and hope to find a suitable QB later or punt the position and hope for a good one next year when my team has weapons around him. I looked deeper at the top QB, 6'4", 218 lbs, a 44 on the solecismic, 20 bench reps, bars that look good but not perfect, probably somewhere from the high 50s to high 70s as an initial guess so I decided to burn an interview on him. The bars then looked quite a bit better, likely low to mid 70s, but also interestingly listed as very underrated. It took me a few minutes of going back and forth before coming to my decision.

1.1: QB Alejandro Havens (23/75) At 6'4", 218 lbs Havens has the size to be a franchise QB. Add in an excelent combine where he put up 20 reps in the bench, ran a 4.49, scored an 87 on his position drill, and recorded a 44 on the Solecismic test and the Colorado State product was a lock for the top pick. He is now going to be the face of this franchise

2.15: OLB Roosevelt Cornett (34/82) Standing 6' and weighing in at 248 lbs the Temple product is a hard hitting OLB who ran a 4.43 in the 40 and a 6.97 in the agilit drills. He looks to combine elite talent as a run stopper, pass rusher, and coverage LB and though he fits best in a 3-4 he will be a 3 down staple for our defense. Also, we were able to trade down and pick up a couple late picks here for added value which is nice because this looks like a deep draft.

3.1: RG Antoine Starks (16/67) The 6'2", 301 lb kid from San Jose State will offer a solid anchor in the middle of the line for years to come. This should be seen as a safe and solid pick adding a 3rd quality starter who should remain in place as the team grows

4.8: DT Don Webster (34/67) Seeing a lot of talent on the board and knowing I could drop a few spots and still get one of the guys I wanted, and knowing there are so many holes on this team that need filled, I added another 6th by dropping from 4.1 to 4.8. The pick here was a stocky 5'11", 305 lb DT who specializes as an interior pass rusher but should also be an all around good player and looks to be a real steal in this draft.

4.25: ILB Byron Heard (27/64) With my 4.15 pick from my trade down in the 2nd I took a chance and dropped back to 4.25 to add a 7th. Not huge return but at least it was something and my guy was still there. Heard will likely never be a star on my team but the 6' 232 lb undersized backer from The Ohio State. He may not be the every down stud that Cornett is from earlier in the draft but I feel like he should be a top end 2 down player and a good playmaker in the middle of the defense.

5.17 WR Hunter McCumber (18/41) After moving down again adding another 7th I took my first offensive skill position guy. The 6' 192 lb Nevada wideout has enough size to play on the outside and is a well rounded WR who also has good special teams skills. He was not my first choice at wideout as a couple guys were 2nd or 3rd on my board a couple times or went right before the pick got back to me. He wont be a long term focal point but he will give Havens someone to throw to

5.18: CB Amir Latham (32/53) A 5'9 179 lb undersized corner I have been watching for a couple rounds now Latham looks like an elite man and zone coverage guy along with the instincts to play the run. He may not be well rounded but he does give me someone who can cover and be a long term answer somewhere in my secondary.

6.1: TE Alonzo Russell (18/43) At the top of the 6th round I took another pass catcher, a 6'4" 261 lb TE who should be a solid possession receiver.

6.9: CB Chuck McEndoo (28/48) A small school corner from UL Lafayette Chuck is good in man coverage, decent elsewhere, and excellent at diagnosing plays, making hits, and picking passes.

7.1: RG Otis Williamson (28/63) A Missouri Southern interior lineman Williamson will have a large jump moving to the pros. He does look like he has some upside though and will at least be a really good run blocker.

7.15: HB David Sweeney (26/40) A Navy Cadet at 6' 225 lbs Sweeney is a powerful inside runner ith good enough vision to be a constant smashmouth threat. He doesn’t have the burst to get to the outside but his long speed is good enough to turn a run into a big gain if he builds up a head of steam.

7.16: C Chance Restifo (16/48) A solid run blocking center from Wingate Chance needs to add to his 288 lbs on but could become a solid run blocker. If nothing else we have established our offensive identity as a run first team for the time being in this draft with 3 solid interior linemen and a power back. That should help protect our rookie QB

7.25: CB Julio Uerkwitz (28/55) Julio has good size at 5'11" and 192 lbs and runs a 4.47 40 yard dash. The west Virginia product is solid in coverage, especially man and is really tough against the run and now with 3 late picks I have a solid group of corners to build the back end of my defense around and to support the very strong pair of LBs taken earlier

Grade: Coming into the draft with no players on the roster and 7 picks to build a team I had to make the most of every pick, which often meant getting more than just one player out of it. One of the toughest decisions was at the top of the draft where I had to decide between what looks like an elite QB prospect and adding more ammo in what looks like a very good draft. QB is the most important spot to fill, though, and the chance at a guy like that doesnt come around every year so even though I am likely looking at the 1.1 again next year I took the guy now. Beyond that I was able to get a defensive stud and 4 other guys who grade out as very good players along with a handful of others who can contribute. All in all it looks like an elite draft class. The game gave me a B but I give this class an A+ in terms of talent brought in though maybe only a B+ in terms of filling the holes needed to put a worthwhile product on the field
Old 02-08-2017, 08:00 PM   #4
kcarr
High School JV

UDFAs:
QB: Leon Reynolds, A passer with good timing and accuracy, he should be a quality backup
Kelly McCormick, A clutch passer with a knack for picking up 3rd downs

RB: Marlon Adams, A pass catching back who will have a large role when we constantly play from behind
Marvin Ellis, A flashy runner, he will compete for the starting spot but doesn’t bring the inside game Sweeney does

FB: Leonardo King, A solid blocker he will fill a minor role but should carve out at least that

TE: Rick Samuels, Sure handed but doesn’t stand out in any way
Bubba Meyer, A TE with a knack for making big plays

WR: Dennis Conners, A big 6'3" target who is solid at getting downfield and making big plays, he will likely fight for a starting job
Ken Tercero, A 6'1 209 lb speedster he likely wont be more than a deep threat but any pass catcher will likely see work
Drake Hubinger, A 6'2" target who is good at getting downfield and making tough catches on bad throws
Hunter Edwards, A good route runner who could carve out a nitch on a deep but unspectacular WR corps
Ike Knickerbocker, A tiny 5'7" slot guy with a knack for getting open underneath and decent kick return skills

C: Jack Garcia, A solid run blocker who will be a decent backup

G: Glenn Wirth, A solid pass blocking interior lineman
Keegan Campana, Lacks the power in the run game and that will likely keep him on the bench
T: Tyrell Lang, A 6'6" 335 lb mountain of a man skipped the combine but could be our starting RT this year
Jake Hanson, Strong enough blocker to get the job done, footwork troubles in pass pro may keep him from real success
Fernando Buckley, A little thin at 303 lbs and lacks power but with solid technique he may be a starter for at least one year
Sherman Riddols, Likely wont start due to lack of any kind of push, he could fill in though

P: Jason Burin, My highest rated punter in the class, he struggles with direction but has a solid leg

K: Percy Quinn, A kicker I considered drafting as early as the 6th round he looks solid

DE: Bubba Jervey, A finesse pass rusher he could be one of our better pure pass rushers this year.
Tim Lyons, May shift inside but either way is purely a run stuffer
Richie Hanson, Another DE/DT tweener he has the strength to move linemen back in the pocket
Jonah Hollas, A very solid all around inside outside lineman

DT: Darrin Echevaria, An interior rusher he lacks the ability to defend the run
Tim Buchanan, Solid run defender but nothing exciting
Nate Jefferson, Clearly a backup at this level, offers little excitement
Pedro Anderson, Some good rush moves make him interesting even if he isnt that talented

OLB: Glenn Wilhide, Most likely will move up to DE, a solid rush LB but also solid against the run
Luther Atwater, A solid run stopper and will be a decent fill in LB
Lionel Arnold, A solid well rounded backup level LB

MLB: George Mason, A smart linebacker who can hit he is likely no more than a backup
Zane Lofton, A hard hitter but not very well rounded

CB: Isaiah Mason, A solid depth corner who is best in man coverage
Irving Garrett, A physical run stuffing corner with a nose for the ball
AJ Chopper, One of the gems of this UDFA group he looks like a solid corner talent with solid press man skills

FS: Sawyer Bennett, A physical box safety who will probably move to SS
Manuel Marshall, A solid zone defender with decent hands, he may start
Jameson Duncan, Will likely make the team on special teams merrit

SS: Colin Odegard, Likely our starting SS this year he has good instincts

LS: Edward Wells, He will hold this spot well and for a long time
Old 02-08-2017, 08:57 PM   #5
kcarr
High School JV

Roster review:
QB: Alejandro Havens (36/88) is looking even more dominant than it looked when he was drafted. He can make all the throws, senses the rush extremely well, is great in the two minute offense, and should develop a really good accuracy.

Leon Reynolds (10/40) and Kelly McCormick (12/35) offer quality upside as backups who may offer good return down the road.

RB: Marlon Adams (48/54) has been a nice surprise. He is every bit the pass catching back we were expecting but is also a decent runner as well.

Marvin Ellis (36/43) is an explosive, elusive runner but lacks power and struggles on 3rd downs. David Sweeney (27/32) has been disappointing. He has the power to run inside but is too limited.

FB: Leonardo King (21/27) is nothing special but is a decent pass blocker.

TE: Alonzo Russell (21/36) is a capable pass catching TE who can get downfield and is unafraid to attack the middle.

Bubba Meyer (29/41) is better all around as he has some blocking ability but isnt as much of a pass catcher. Rick Samuels (13/28) has good hands and can make tough catches on bad throws but is limited athletically and skill wise.

WR: Drake Hubinger (30/42) is really good at getting downfield, adjusting to tough throws, and making plays on 3rd downs. At 6'2" 203 he could be a solid starter. Ike Knickerbocker (25/39) is a really good route runner and will start despite his size, being only 5'7" 194 lbs. Hunter Edwards (18/33) is decently well rounded but cannot do anything really well.

Dennis Conners (24/32) is a big target but lacks the skills to compete. Ken Tercero (20/29) has some big play ability but that is all. Hunter McCumber (20/30) is another disappointment from the late end of this draft class.

C: Jack Garcia (18/45) has been a nice surprise as a UDFA and is a solid run blocker. Chance Restifo (20/39) looks like a backup at best after being taken in the 7th round.

G: Otis Williamson (35/64) and Antoine Starks (23/67) offer a pair of starters better suited as run blockers but capable all around. Glenn Wirth (22/39) is a backup we hope doesnt see the field.

T: For a pair of UDFAs Fernando Buckley (25/47) and Tyrell Lang (13/37) are okay i guess. Jake Hanson (28/39) offers nothing as a pass blocker so cannot start Sherman Riddols (10/33) isnt much either.

P: Jason Burin (33/40) will work for this year.

K: Percy Quinn (35/48) is okay with field goals but struggles with kickoffs.

DE: Jonah Hollas (33/63) looks great for a UDFA and is great both against the run and as a power rusher. Glenn Wilhide (27/47) will start opposite him and is a decent pass rusher as well.

Bubba Jervey (23/37) is a pure rush technique player who will play plenty in nickle situations and Tim Lyons (24/48) is good against the run and will fill in in goalline sets.

DT: Don Webster (41/71) is both a great pass rusher and a solid run defender. Richie Hanson (31/54) is a really good run defender who knows how to hit but lacks motor.

Pedro Anderson (21/36) is a good interior rusher who will make the rotation. Nate Jefferson (25/41) is a solid backup tackle. Tim Buchanan (27/37) is a well rounded but unimpressive tackle.

MLB: Byron Heard (36/64) may be undersized but he is good against the run and is a great hitter. He also has the pass rush skills to blitz when needed.

George Mason (32/42) is instinctive and can hit but lacks skill. Zane Lofton (28/33) isn't much of a player but will fill in if needed.

OLB: Roosevelt Cornett (47/80) is all around great. He is elite against the run, elite as a rusher, and very good in coverage. Luther Atwater (24/50) is a solid enough run defender. He will not be able to play full time though due to endurance.

Lionel Arnold (17/27) is a mediocre backup but will have to play some.

CB: Julio Uerkwitz (36/55) is a solid man coverage corner. Amir Latham (36/48) is solid as well. AJ Chopper (29/46) is capable of playing the nickle.

Chuck McEndoo (30/41) and Irving Garrett (31/46) are quality backups. Isaiah Mason (22/24) is not much but is a fill in if needed.

SS: Colin Odegard (20/38) and Bennett Sawyer (26/38) will split time at SS but neither is a good option

FS: Manuel Marshall (20/35) is a solid center fielder but nothing special. Jameson Duncan (12/29) isnt much of a solution.

LS: Edward Wells (20) is a very good long snapper.

Last edited by kcarr : 02-08-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:46 PM   #6
kcarr
High School JV

Week 1 vs Cincinnati

Andy Dalton started off the game hot with 2 long TD drives in the first quarter.

We bounced back a bit in the 2nd with our first score, a FG following a 15 play 65 yard drive.

After a back and forth nothing happening 3rd quarter Drake Hubinger made a 15 yard TD grab, the first from rookie QB Alejandro Havens to cut the lead to 4. Cincy answered quickly with a FG and were looking to put the game away with 4 minutes left but a pick set us up for a late chance. A long drive then ended with Ike Knickerbocker in the endzone to tie the score. Cincy was able to answer with Gio Bernard taking a screen 9 yards to end the game with an escape win against likely the weakest team in the league.

Havens went 21/39 for 224 yards with 2 TDs and a pick and ran 9 times for 76 yards but lost a fumble. Marlon Adams ran 9 times for 12 yards and Marvin Ellis ran 8 times for 26 yards. Drake Hubinger caught 8 passes for 74 yards and a score and Ike Knickerbocker added 5 for 75 and a score.

Byron Heard racked up 10 tackles and 2 assists and Glenn Wilhide added a sack. Julio Uerkwitz made a pick.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:54 PM   #7
kcarr
High School JV

Week 2 at Minnesota
This game went much more as expected with Minnesota taking a 27-7 lead early and then playing safe settling for fgs and a late TD run as they dominated 40-7.

Alejandro Havens went 20/39 for 149 yards and a TD and ran 4 times for 26 yards. Marlon Adams just gained 18 yards on 17 carries. Drake Hubinger caught 4 of 5 targets for 34 yards. Ken Tercero caught a 1 yard score.

Roosevelt Cornett made 11 tackles. Don Webster and Jonah Hollas each made a sack. Manuel Marshall made a pick.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:03 PM   #8
kcarr
High School JV

Week 3 vs New York Jets

We took our first lead of the year as Marlon Adams capped off a 52 yard drive with a TD taking advantage of a pick. Adrian Peterson answered with a 39 yard score. A couple FGs by the Jets gave them a 13-7 lead with just 3 minutes left in the 2nd. A good 2 minute drive led to Drake Hubinger catching a 9 yard score and we took the lead going into the half.

In the second half we settled for 7 punts and only gained 5 first downs. Charone Peake caught a TD late in the 3rd to give the jets the win.

Alejandro Havens went 16/37 for 152 yards and a TD and ran 3 times for 29 yards. Marlon Adams ran 19 yards for 46 yards and a TD. Drake Hubinger caught 4 passes for 42 yards and a TD and Dennis Conners caught 2 passes for 50 yards.

Roosevelt Cornett racked up 11 tackles and an assist and Byron Heard added 10 and 2. Colin Odegard got a sack and Amir Latham had a pick.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:13 PM   #9
kcarr
High School JV

Week 4 vs Tennesee
Marlon Adams capped off an early drive with a 2 yard score. The Titans scored a FG and then Jalston Fowler caught a TD from EJ Manuel who is playing due to Mariotta being injured with a hip pointer. We were able to answer with a 5 yard strike from Havens to Hunter Edwards and we took a 14-10 halftime lead.

They scored a FG in the 3rd and we matched it with a pair early in the 4th. It looked like we could get our first win but Tajae Sharpe scored on a 4th and 2 with 12 seconds left to send the game to overtime.

Overtime saw 4 punts by each team and the game ended 20-20. Our first non loss.

Alejandro Havens went 23/43 for 292 yards and a TD and ran 9 times for 65 yards but lost a fumble. Mrlon Adams ran 28 times for just 47 yards and a TD an caught 3 passes for 28 yards. Drake Hubinger racked up our first 100 yard game with 7 grabs for 105 on 10 targets. Hunter Edwards caught a 5 yard score.

Byron Heard made 9 tackles and an assist. Jonah Hollas had 1.5 sacks, Richie Hanson and Bubba Jervey each had 1 and Pedro Anderson added .5. Chuck McEndoo and Manuel Marshall each made a pick.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:21 PM   #10
kcarr
High School JV

Week 5 at Jacksonville
Coming off the high off of last week with a tie due to a QB being hurt we got torched by Blake Bortles and the Jags, 31-0. This game was over from the start.

Alejandro Haves went 13/23 for 124 yards and 2 picks and ran 4 times for 30 yards. Leon Reynolds went 5 for 10 for 72 yards. Marlon Adams ran 1 times for 29 yards and caught 3 passes for 18. Drake Hubinger caught 3 of 6 targets for 58 yards.

Colin Odegard made 7 tackles and an assist and Pedro Anderson and Jonah Hollas split a sack.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:29 PM   #11
kcarr
High School JV

Week 6 at Houston.
First off, very impressed with my teams 0 injuries leading to games missed. back to the game, against a strong Texans team we started off behind again as the scored on the opening drive on a 2 yard run. After a pick though we scored on a 1 yard Havens to Marlon Adams pass early in the 2nd.

In the 3rd quarter we took a 10-7 lead but they answered with a quick FG and added another to win 13-10 in overtime.

Havens went 21/36 for 175 yards with a TD and 3 picks and ran 8 times for 49 yards. Marlon Adams ran 27 times for 110 yards including 4 10 yard runs and caught 2 passes for 6 yards and a score in his best game so far. Drake Hubinger caught 8 passes for 71 yards.

Cornett racked up 12 tackles and an assist and half a sack. Byron heard and Tim Lyons each added a sack and Glenn Wilhide added half of one. Amir Latham had a pick and Julio Uerkwitz also had one and a forced fumble and recovery.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:33 PM   #12
kcarr
High School JV

Week 7 at Baltimore
We got waxed again 27-0 by a superior team.

Alejandro Havens went 15/29 for 110 yards and a pick and ran 3 times for 12 yards. Marlon Adams ran 11 times for just 4 yards and caught 2 passes for 25. Bubba Meyer caught 3 for 24 as the next best receiver.

Cornett racked up 15 tackles, assists, and a sack. Heard added 10 with 2 assists. Jonah Hollas added a sack.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:39 PM   #13
kcarr
High School JV

Week 8 vs Indianapolis.
The colts opened the scoring with a FG in the late first. Dennis Conners took over the 2nd quarter with a pair of TD grabs and we added a FG to go up 17-3.

TY Hilton opened the 3rd with a TD grab but we were able to run out the clock and add a 4 yard Marlon Adams TD to seal the 24-10 win, our first in cleveland.

Havens went 19/26 with 2 TDs and ran 10 times for 67 yards. Marlon Adams ran 22 times for 41 yards and a score. Drake Hubinger added 4 grabs for 41 yards and Dennis Conners caught 2 for 10 and 2 TDs.

Byron Heard had 7 tackles and 2 assists and Roosevelt Cornett had 7, 1, and a pick. Tim Lyons and Luther Atwater each had a sack. Julio Uerkwitz forced and recovered a fumble.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:54 PM   #14
kcarr
High School JV

Week 9 vs Pittsburgh
Manuel Marshall missed this game due to injury
Coming off our first win we ran into a Steelers buzzsaw that was up 24-0 before we got anything going and coasted to a 37-14 win.

Havens went 15/26 for 160 with a TD and a pick and ran 6 times for 56 yards and a TD. Marlon Adams ran 18 times for 44 yards and a fumble. Drake Hubinger caught 4 of 6 targets for 35 yards and a TD and Dennis Conners added 2 for 64.

Colin Odegard made 9 tackles and an assist

Last edited by kcarr : 02-08-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:16 PM   #15
kcarr
High School JV

Week 12 vs chicago
SS Bennett Sawyer will miss this game with a concussion.

After Langford opened the game with a TD run we got a FG and then Marlon Adams caught a yard TD. Quinn added another FG and then Alonzo Russell added his first TD. Though he made the two FGs Quinn missed both XPs, but we pulled out to an 18-7 lead.

Chicago came back from there with 4 straight scores.

Havens went 27/53 for 274 with 2 TDs and a TD and ran 4 times for 27 yards. Marlon adams ran 19 times for 29 yards and caught 9 of 11 targets for 77 yards and a TD. Alonzo Russell caught 3 passes for 34 yards and a score. Drake Hubinger caught just 5 passes on 12 targets for 33 yards.

Colin Odegard made 7 tackles. Bubba Jervey had a sack. Byron Heard and Manuel Marshall each made a pick
Old 02-08-2017, 11:25 PM   #16
kcarr
High School JV

Week 13 at Denver
Afer Denver jumped out to a 20-0 halftime lead this looked like another blowout. We did get a FG in the 3rd and Ike Knickerbocker found the endzone for the first time in a while. Denver added a FG but then Marlon Adams added another TD catch to cut the lead to 6. That was as close as we could get though.

Havens went 21/36 for 211 yards and 2 TDs and ran 5 times for 42 yards and a fumble. Marlon Adams gained just 17 yards on 17 carries and only caught 2 of 6 targets for 8 yards but added a TD. Drake Hubinger caught all 8 targets for 120 yards. Knickerbocker caught 5 for just 19 yards and a TD.

Byron Heard made 8 tackles and an assist. Luther Atwater and Glenn Wilhide each made a sakc and Irving Garrett and Pedro Anderson split one. Jonah Hollas and Manuel Marshall each made a pick, Wilhide also forced a fumble which was recovered by Chuck McEndoo
Old 02-08-2017, 11:30 PM   #17
kcarr
High School JV

Week 14 vs Detroit
Sawyer Bennett was still in concussion protocol.

We started off with a couple quick FGs but then detroit took off with 20 straight points and ran away with a pretty easy 23-9 win.

Havens went 23/42 for 239 yards and a pick and ran 4 times for 67 yards. Marlon Adams ran 20 times for just 18 yards and caught 4 passes for 47 yards. Drake Hubinger caught 5 of 10 passes for 98 yards.

Cornett made 8 tackles and 2 assist. Don Webster had 2 sacks, Jonah Hollas had one, and Glenn Wilhide and Byron Heard split one. Chuck McEndoo made a pick
Old 02-08-2017, 11:34 PM   #18
kcarr
High School JV

Week 15 at Pittsburg
The steelers ran up the score on us early and ran away with a 34-6 win.

Havens went 12/29 for 131 yards and ran 6 times for 48 yards. Leon Reynolds went 6/8 for 46 yards. Marlon Adams ran 15 times for 73 yards. Ike Knickerbocker caught 4 of 8 targets for 91 yards.

Glenn Wilhide had 7 tackles and a sack. George Mason had a sack and a strip and Tim Lyons recovered it.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:39 PM   #19
kcarr
High School JV

Week 16 at Green Bay
Safety Duncan Jameson dislocated his shoulder and will miss the rest of the season.

This was yet another blowout, 34-3, as we failed to compete.

Havens went 20/29 for 162 yards and ran 4 times for 40 yards. Marlon Adams ran 16 times for 79 yards. Drake Hubinger caught 5 passes for 96 yards and somehow Ike Knickerbocker managed just 9 yards on 5 grabs.

Julio Uerkwitz had 9 tackles. Tim Lyons had 2 sacks. George Mason and Jonah Hollas each had 1. Cornett added a pick
Old 02-09-2017, 09:12 AM   #20
kcarr
High School JV

Week 17 vs Baltimore
Another week, another blowout. We got hammered 31-10.

Havens went 14-29 for 153 with a TD and 3 picks and ran 4 times for 45 yards. Marlon Adams ran 12 times for 52 yards. Drake Hubbinger caught 5 passes for 31 yards and Hunter Edwards caught 2 for 20 and a score.

Cornett had 15 tackles, a pick, and a forced fumble. Byron Heard had 9 tackles, 4 assists and a forced fumble. Glenn Wilhide had a recovery
Old 02-09-2017, 09:57 AM   #21
kcarr
High School JV

Season end
The Bowl was won by Baltimore 31-14 over the Giants as Flacco won game MVP
Player of the year was Andy Dalton
Offensive was Melvin Gordon
Defensive was Sheldon Richardson
Offensive Rookie of the year was Minnisota 1st round RB Roger Grabowski
Defensive Rookie of the year was Roosevelt Cornett
Jason Burin also was named all league 2nd team punter, likely largely due to his high volume.

Passing:
Alejandro Havens started all 16 games and went 307/562 for 2980 yards with 14 TDs and 15 picks.

Leon Reynolds made 6 appearances and went 13 for 20 for 130 yards.

Rushing:
Havens was also our leading rusher running 88 times for 732 yards and 2 TDs but fumbling 6 times.

Marlon Adams ran 281 times for just 622 yards and 3 scores with 5 fumbles and a recovery.

Receiving:
Drake Hubinger caught 79 of 134 targets for 958 yards and 3 TDs.

Ike Knickerbocker caugh 59 of 103 for 589 and 2 scores

Marlon Adams caught 46 of 67 for 296 and 3 scores

Alonzo Russell caught 31 of 63 for 329 and a TD

Hunter Edwards had 29 of 58 for 249 and 2 scores

Dennis Conners caught 27 of 61 for 338 and 2 TDs.

Blocking:
Otis Williamson made 14 of 83 attempts and allowed 7 sacks.

Buskley Fernando made 13 of 62 key blocks and had a pancake but allowed 2 sacks

Jack Garcia had 12 of 42 key blocks and allowed 9 sacks.

Antoine Starks made 12 of 56 with 6 sacks

Tyrell Lang managed 7 of 33 with 8 sacks

Alonzo Russell made 5 of 12 attempts.

Defensive Line:
Don Webster led the from with 34 tackles and 17 assists, 3 sacks, 4 blocks defeated, 4 hurries. He also recovered a fumble

Glenn Wilhide had 30 tackles, 8 assists, 4 sacks, 5 blocks defeated, 10 hurries, and a knockdown. He forced and recovered a fumble

Richie Hanson had 25 tackles, 12 assists, 1 sack, 2 blocks defeated, and 4 hurries.

Jonah Hollas was our top rusher with 24 tackles, 7 assists, 7 sacks, 4 blocks defeated, and 11 hurries. He also made a pick

Pedro Anderson had 20 tackles, 9 assists, 1.5 sacks, 1 block defeated, and 3 hurries He also had a recovery

Tim Lyons had 16 tackles, 3 assists, 4 sacks, and 4 hurries. He forced and recovered one fumble.

Bubba Jervey had 14 tackles, 5 assists, 2.5 sacks, 2 blocks defeated, 3 hurries, and a knockdown in just 132 passing snaps making him the second most efficient rusher.

Linebackers:
Roosevelt Cornett racked up 130 tackles, 32 assists, 2.5 sacks, 3 hurries, 1 knockdown, 3 picks, 10 passes defensed, 2 forced fumbles and a recovery

Byron Heard made 98 tackles, 40 assists, 1.5 sacks, 1 block defeated, 2 hurries, 1 pick, 5 passes defensed, and 4 forced fumbles.

Luther Atwater had 42 tackles, 10 assists, 2 sacks, 1 hurry, 4 passes defensed, and a forced fumble

George Mason had 25 tackles, 15 assists, 2.5 sacks, 1 block defeated, 10 hurries, 1 pass defensed, a forced fumble, and a recovery.

Defensive Backs:
Julio Uerkwitz had 68 tackles, 16 assists, 2 picks, 11 passes defensed, 1 forced fumble, and 2 recoveries.

Colin Odegrad made 67 tackles, 23 assists, 1 sack, 3 passes defensed, and a forced fumble

Amir Latham had 64 tackles, 17 assists, 1 block defeated, 2 picks, 7 passes defensed, and a forced fumble

Manuel Marshall had 54 tackles, 23 assists, 4 picks, and 6 passes defensed

Chuck McEndoo had 38 tackles, 9 assists 2 picks, 3 passes defensed, a forced fumble and a recovery.

AJ Chopper had 28 tackles, 6 assists, and 2 passes defensed.

Kicking:
Jason Burin punted 123 times for 5522 yards, a 44.9 average, and netted 37.5

Percy Quinn made 19 of 25 FGs including 8 of 14 over 40 and 1 of 2 over 50. He made 17 of 19 xps

Returns:
Julio Uerkwitz returned 37 punts for 224 yards, 6.1 average, and 31 kicks for 702 yards, 22.6 average.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #22
kcarr
High School JV

Draft:

1.10: SS Todd Ford (44/83) After trading down from 1.1 with Oakland, receiving their first, second, and third this year and first and second next year we were set to take a defensive difference maker with guys who looked like 80 potential guys at both OLB and SS. Todd is a combine standout running a 4.32, putting up 25 bench reps, scoring 6.94 in the agility drill and 47 in his position drill this Miami strong safety has nearly full bars everywhere other than returning and making interceptions. He should be a centerpiece of our defense for a long time and adds a true stud to the back end of our growing D.

2.9: DE Irving Bellmore (33/74) I traded my 2.1 pick for 2.15 and a 4th and 5th. With my 2.9 I took a DE/DT tweener Irving Bellmore. At 6’4” 293 lbs he could either trim down and play DE or bulk up and move inside. He is really good both against the run and rushing the QB.

2.15: WR Will Hardy (34/58) Though my team is building up nicely from the inside out I lack playmakers and without a lot of options later I went with a 5’11” 188 lb kid from Norfolk State. He has solid hands, is good at adjusting to the ball, getting downfield, and making big plays.

2.22: DT Gabe Dunn (47/69) With the talent available flying off the board quickly I got nervous and made a move up to the back end of the 2nd round trading my 3rd and 4th round pick. Gabe Dunn was my pick. A 6’3” 315 lb player Gabe is great against the run and at collapsing the pocket. This likely sets my earlier pick, Irving Bellmore, in place as a DE and sets a solid 4 man front at the base of my defense.

3.10: SS Daryl Kasten (24/52) With not much talent left on the board I heavily considered trading this pick for a pick next year. I went with Daryl Kasten though. He is missing some bars but is good against the run and in zone coverage and is a decent hitter.

5.1 P Marco Henderson (73/88) After trading my 4th round pick for a 5th this year and a 5th next year I finally pulled the trigger on a punter I had kinda wanted to take there. Marco has full bars on all 3 kicking areas and should mean I don’t need to worry about the position for a long time.

5.17 TE Levon Burns (26/48) After mediocre luck at TE last year we took another shot at a late round pass catcher. Burns is 6’3” 248 lbs and is really good on 3rd downs and at getting downfield.

5.20 WR Giovanni Porter (29/45) Still looking for options as pass catchers I took another shot here. Porter has some decent areas of upside, especially as a possession guy.

6.1 OLB Louis Segura (22/55) Looking for a 3rd starting LB and maybe someone with enough coverage skill to play 3rd downs I went with Segura here, a 6’ 245 lb Golden Gopher from Minnesota he offers good run defense, play diagnosis, and man an press coverage skills though he is weak in zone.

7.1 CB Cedric Amadro (22/44) With my 7th round pick I added another corner who is solid in man coverage and adds some punt return skills.

Grade: The game gave me a B which I think is fair. There wasn't the talent available that there was last year and I was upset I didn't find an offensive tackle, but there wasn't much available there. Other than that I was happy enough with the draft and feel I added at least a couple key players and have built one of the higher upside defensive fronts in the league in just 2 years. I would give myself a B+ here, but I have even more ammo next year, though likely not the first overall pick.

Last edited by kcarr : 02-09-2017 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:15 PM   #23
kcarr
High School JV

UDFAs:

FB: BJ Evans, a solid blocker but not a versatile player.

C: Clay Hulton, we had a UDFA starting last year so he may be able to challenge

G: Fred Fleming, not a starter option but there is some depth potential here.

T: David Griffith, Offers nothing as a pass blocker but we needed at least a backup

DT: Parker Fells, A hard hitter with some rush skills.

OLB: Isaiah Fields, A potential move to DE who may add some pass rush in rotation.

KC Sawahata, A solid run defender who is not afraid to hit.

CB: Dustin Simmons, a solid man coverage guy but only stands 5’7”

Burt Covington, a decent punt returner option
Old 02-09-2017, 11:24 PM   #24
kcarr
High School JV

Preseason roster report:

QB: Alejandro Havens (54/90) is looking better and better. In fact he is rated as the 13th best QB right now and has the highest upside of any QB.

Leon Reynolds (15/38) and Kelly McCormick (14/33) are both weak enough options that if Havens fails or gets hurt the team is in trouble.

HB: Marlon Adams (59) will hopefully translate that high skill level to the field better this year, though the team around him is weak enough it may be tough. Marvin Ellis (41) and David Sweeney (28/32) will back him up.

FB: BJ Evans (25/39) should be an upgrade over last year though this isn’t a spot we use often.

TE: Levon Burns (31/41) will step in and get a lot of playing time though Alonzo Russell (28/35) who started last year and Bubba Meyer (34/40) will both get snaps as well. Still a weak position.

WR: Will Hardy (41/65) is a huge upgrade over the last season group with sure hands, solid route running, and great skills adjusting to the ball. He will likely see a lot of targets. Giovanni Porter (34/51) offers a big play threat across from him. Last year’s top guy Drake Hubbinger (38/41) will get plenty of playing time as well.

Ike Knickerbocker (33) and Dennis Conners (28/32) will both get a few snaps as well.

C: Jack Garcia (30/43) will again hold the starting spot while Chance Restifo (27/40) backs him up.

G: Otis Williamson (55/64) and Antoine Starks (40/62) are developing nicely. Glenn Wirth (25/40) and Fred Fleming (18/33) are the backups.

T: Still a weak point Fernando Buckley (43/46) is capable on the left side but Tyrell Lang (17/35 needs help on the right. David Griffith (23/36) and Sherman Riddols (13/35) are both too weak in the pass blocking game to get any playing time

P: Marco Henderson (76/82) has settled another spot for us to where we just don’t have to worry about it.

K: Percy Quinn (41/56) wasn’t bad last year and will be here again.

DE: Rookie Irving Bellmore (33/73) looks like another great pick trimmed down to 275 lbs and showing very well through the preseason. Jonah Hollas (46/62) was great last year and looks to continue his breakout. Glenn Wilhide (40/44) and Tim Lyons (30/44) will both be playing solid rotation snaps. Bubba Jervey (27/37) was a rotation player last year but may get lost in the shuffle

DT: Mid round picks have built up this group as one of the better groups in the league. Don Webster (54/69) has the 9th highest upside as a 3 tech DT and rookie Gabe Dunn (54/68) is the 12th highest as a 1 tech and both are top 20 as the opposite. Richie Hanson (39/53) is great for a backup. Parker Fells (26/41) might turn out okay as well.

MLB: Byron Heard (53/63) continues to improve and is a really good middle man for this defense. George Mason (41) got some snaps last year, especially as a blitzer, and had some success.

OLB: Roosevelt Cornett (79/81) is the best LB in the NFL. He tops the list for 4-3 OLBs, MLBs, and is 4th for 3-4 OLBs behind 3 DEs. Louis Segura (27/54) and KC Sawahata (34/51) will split the other OLB duties. Luther Atwater (35/49) started last year but will be a backup from here on.

CB: Julio Uerkwitz (47/57) has been good and also has return skills. Amir Latham (46) will start on the other side again. Rookie UDFA Dustin Simmons (36/41) looks to play most of the nickel snaps. Irving Garrett (26/43) and Cedric Amadro (26/43) are both quality backups for our team. Burt Covington (14/26) is active just as a returner

SS: Todd Ford (57/84) currently has the most upside of any safety in the league. He is great in both coverage and run support though doesn’t have the best ball skills. Colin Odefard (31/37) started last year but likely wont play much this year.

FS: Daryl Kasten (31/50) looks like a solid center fielder. Manuel Marshall (28/32) has been replaced.

LS: Edward Wells (20) offers everything we need at the position.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:37 PM   #25
kcarr
High School JV

Week 1 at Pittsburgh
Pitt started off quick like we are used to facing going up 21-0 early in the 2nd quarter. Havens had a good end to the 2nd quarter though hitting Marvin Ellis for a 50 yard score then hitting Will Hardy for an 11 yard score. Sammie Coates ended the quarter with a 45 yard bomb with 8 seconds left in the half. Pitt was able to hold on after that adding a FG even though Havens did run for a short score to cut it to 31-21. The bad news came after the game though, as Marlon Adams tore his ACL and will miss the rest of the season.

Havens went 26/36 for 270 with 2 TDs and a pick and ran 6 times for 31 yards and a TD. Marvin Ellis just gained 20 yards on 10 carries and that was with a 19 yard carry. He did catch 3 passes for 94 and a TD. Will Hardy had a good first game with 8 grabs for 87 and a TD.

Cornett had 7 tackles and 3 assists. George Mason had a sack. Julio Uerkwitz forced and recovered a fumble.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:45 PM   #26
kcarr
High School JV

Week 2 vs Atlanta:
This was a defensive battle between us and the Falcons. They started with a TD pass late in the first and that was all the scoring until the late 3rd when Marvin Ellis capped off a drive with a 9 yard TD. Noone could get anything going through the 4th and Atlana ended it with Levine Toilolo making his 2nd TD catch 5 minutes into OT.

Havens went 20/31 for 121 and a pick and ran 8 times for 58 yards. Marvin Ellis ran 13 times for 63 yards and caught 4 passes for 18 yards and David Sweeney ran 11 times for 51 yards.

Roosevelt Cornett had 13 tackles and 4 assists. Byron Heard added 10 tackles. Daryl Kasten made a pick.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:58 PM   #27
kcarr
High School JV

Week 3 at Buffalo:
After a couple punts and each team adding a FG in the first Havens put up a 3 yard TD run at the end of an 11 play drive starting the 2nd round. After forcing a 3 and out we put together another long 12 play drive and added a FG 10 go up 13-3. They added a FG at the buzzer to cut it to a one TD lead at the half.

Early in the 3rd Reggie Ragland tied the game with a pick 6. Havens bounced back throwing a 19 yard TD to Marvin Ellis. Buffalo got a FG but we answered with one of our own and then David Sweeney added a TD and we added another FG as we ran out the clock for a 33-16 win.

Havens went 17/30 for 265 with a TD and a pick and ran 11 times for 80 yards and a TD. Marvin Ellis ran 14 times for 21 yards but added 5 grabs for 111 and a TD. David Sweeney ran 16 times for 24 yards and a TD. Will Hardy caught 3 passes for 42 yards.

Roosevelt Cornett stacked the score card with 8 tackles, 2 assists, a sack, and a pick. Don Webster, Irving Bellmore, and Jonah Hollas each had 1.5 sacks and Glenn Wilhide added half a sack. Byron Heard also added a pick.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:05 AM   #28
kcarr
High School JV

Week 5 vs Denver
After a good start and following the bye we had some hope but denver broke out to a 17-3 lead and ran it out as we were unable to get anything going.

Havens went 15/35 for 156 yards and ran 10 times for 72 yards. Marvin Ellis ran 11 times for 39 yards. Drake Hubinger bounced back with a good game with 6 grabs for 88 yards.

Todd Ford made 9 tackles and an assist. We had no sacks or picks.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:16 AM   #29
kcarr
High School JV

Week 6 vs Oakland:
Amir Latham was out for this game with a concussion.

We started off this game looking to bounce back and Havens hit Giovanni Porter for his 1st and 2nd TDs of the year on our first 2 drives. Oakland came back with 28 unanswered, a 4 yard run and then 3 TD passes by Carr to Walford, Washington and Cooper. Havens got things back on track starting the 4th quarter out hitting Ike Knickerbocker for a 12 yard score.

When we took over down a score with 3 minutes left Havens hit a couple downfield throws before hitting Will Hardy in the endzone. Oakland came out looking to put it away but Roosevelt Cornett came up with a pick with 1:20 left and within 4 plays Havens hit Hardy for another score and we won 35-28.

Havens went 27/36 for 295 and 5 TDs and ran 1 times for 59 yards. Marvin Ellis ran 7 times for 61 yards. Hardy caught all 6 targets for 132 and 2 TDs and porter caught 6 of 9 for 63 and 2 TDs. Knickerbocker just had the 12 yard TD.

Cornett racked up 11 tackles, 2 assists, and a pick. Tim Lyons had a sack. Louis Segura had a pick as well.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:25 AM   #30
kcarr
High School JV

Week 7 at San Diego
Gabe Dunn and Cedric Amadro are out for this game with short term injuries.

Maclin started off the scoring for them with a short TD grab but we answered a couple drives later with our first defensive score as Amir Latham ran a rumble 63 yards. When Quinn added a FG and we took the lead things looked good, especially when right after Tyrell Williams took the 14-10 lead with a TD grab Havens ran one in on the following drive and a drive later we added another kick. The 2nd half was all them though with 2 defensive TDs and a long Melvin Gordon run along with 3 FGs as the won 44-20.

Havens went 22/39 for 205 and a pick and ran 4 times for 24 and a TD. David Sweeney ran 7 times for 23 yards. Alonzo Russell caught 5 passes for 42 yards.

Todd Ford had 7 tackles, 6 assists, and a forced fumble. Latham had a force, recovery, and a score.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:39 AM   #31
kcarr
High School JV

Week 8 vs Kansas City
Cedric Amardo, our rookie corner, will miss this game with a strained tendon

Kansas City scored on its first 4 drives. Meanwhile our first 5 included 2 picks, a fumble and 2 punts. That they coasted from there to a 30-3 win was no surprise.

Havens went 8/28 for 99 yards and 2 picks and ran 9 times for 78 yards and lost a fumble. Sweeney ran 7 times for 6 yards. Porter was our top receiver with 2 grabs for 54 yards and Hardy was terrible with no catches on 6 targets.

Byron Heard had 9 tackles and 3 assists. Gabe Dunn had a sack and Jonah Hollas and Don Webster split one.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:42 AM   #32
kcarr
High School JV

Week 9 at Baltimore

LT Fernando Buckly will miss this game and possibly a couple more with a strained patella tendon.

The Ravens jumped out to a quick 2 TD lead and though David Sweeney brought us back with a TD the ravens could not be stopped early on running out to a 27-7 lead going into the 4th. Alonzo Russell did add a TD and they added a FG but Baltimore pretty much coasted to a 30-14 win.

Havens went 19/31 for 201 yards with a TD and a pick and ran 9 time for 53. David Sweeney ran 11 times for 25 yards and a TD. Hardy made 6 grabs for 83 yards. Russell caught 3 for 39 and a TD.

Cornett racked up 16 tackles, 4 assists, and a sack. Byron heard had 10and 2 assists. George Mason had a sack and Jonah Hollas and Glenn Wilhide split one. Julio Uerkwitz made a pick.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:48 AM   #33
kcarr
High School JV

Week 10 vs Pittsburgh

Once again we fell behind quick as they scored a TD and a FG in the first quarter. Both teams added a FG in the 2nd and the 3rd saw little action but in the 4th we came back adding a FG with 3 minutes left, forcing a punt, and then Havens finding Bubba Meyers to tie the score. Overtime was going back and forth punt to punt until Burt Covington fumbled on a return setting up Pitt with an easy FG to win the game.

Havens went 21/36 for 267 and a TD and ran 9 times for 76 yards. David Sweeney ran 12 times for 43 yards. Alonzo Russell caught 5 of 11 targets for 85 yards.

Byron Heard made 14 tackles and 3 assists. Roosevelt Cornett added 11 and 7 and Todd Ford had 10 and 2 but we had no picks or sacks.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:05 PM   #34
kcarr
High School JV

Week 11 vs Cininnati

Once again we started behind as they got a FG on the first drive, we missed one and they added another to go up 6-0. We put together a 14 play scoring drive ending with Ellis running in a short score after that but missed the extra point leaving it tied at 6. After forcing a punt we put together another 12 play drive ending with Giovanni Porter catching a TD.

We held them quiet after that and David Sweeney caught a TD pass and then we added a safety late to win 22-6. The bad news came late in the game, though, when Byron Heard left with a separated shoulder.

Havens went 27/36 for 271 with 2 TDs and ran 7 times for 53 yards. Marvin Ellis ran 16 times for 24 yards and a score and caught 6 passes for 47 yards. David Sweeney ran 13 times for 41 yards and caught a 9 yard TD. Alonzo Russell caught 5 passes for 57 yards.

Cornett made 5 tackles and 2 assists. Don Webster made a sack and Gabe Dunn and Irving Bellmore split one.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:19 PM   #35
kcarr
High School JV

Week 12 at New Orleans:

Byron Heard will miss this game with his separated shoulder.

New Orleans controlled the game early taking a 10-0 halftime lead and adding a FG to it early in the 3rd. We did have a spark when Louis Segura forced a safety and we added a FG following that but the saints answered and put us away winning 23-5.

Havens went 24/40 for 163 and a pick and ran 6 times for 36 yards and a fumble. Marvin Ellis ran 7 times for 49 yards. Will Hardy caught 7 of 11 targets but for only 37 yards.

KC Sawahata racked up 10 tackles, an assist, and 2 sacks playing mostly MLB. Don Webster added a sack and Irving Bellmore and Tim Lyons split one.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:26 PM   #36
kcarr
High School JV

Week 13 vs Indianapolis

Byron Heard missed this game with his separated shoulder.

We started strong with a FG and a 34 yard Havens run to just a TD pass from luck to Troy Vukmir to take a 10-7 lead. Indi then put up 3 TDs and a FG and coasted from there to a 41-20 win

Havens went 18/37 for 196 and a pick and ran 5 times for 54 yards and a TD. Marvin Ellis ran 5 times for 38 yards and caught 4 balls for 26. Will Hardy caught 4 for 38.

Cornett made 11 tackles, 2 assists, and forced a fumble. Tim Lyons and Irving Bellmore split a sack and Bellmore got a strip and recovery off of it. Amir Latham recoved a fumble as well.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #37
kcarr
High School JV

Week 14 vs Carolina

Byron Heard missed another game though is getting closer to healthy

Early on we took the lead when Amir Latham returned a fumble 87 yards for a TD. We added to it later in the first with a FG. Carolina clawed back with a couple FGs and a TD with a missed extra point taking a 12-10 lead. In the the 4th we were able to take the lead with a FG. We then picked up a fumble and were able to sit on our 1 point lead for the win.

Havens went 20/38 for 259 and a pick and ran 5 times for 37 yards. Elllis and Sweeney both ran 9 times for just 4 yards Alonzo Russell made 5 grabs for 71 yards but it took him 10 targets.

Cornett made 10 tackles and a sack and forced a fumble. Louis Segura added a sack and Don Webster and George Mason split one. Julio Uerkwitz also forced a fumble and Todd Ford made a pick and recovered a fumble. Amir Latham returned a fumble for a TD.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:54 PM   #38
kcarr
High School JV

Week 15 vs Baltimore

The ravens took off quick and buried us 41-16. We had no chance.

Havens went 22/34 for 225 yards with 2 TDs and a pick and ran 5 times for 25 yards but lost a fumble. David Sweeney ran 9 times for 27 yards and a fumble. Hardy caught all 7 targets for 76 yards.

Cornett made 9 tackles and 3 assists and Julio Uerkwitz made a sack.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:00 PM   #39
kcarr
High School JV

Week 1 at Tampa

This was an incredibly slow game with only 2 offensive scores leading to a 14-14 tie and 9 punts and a missed FG in overtime.

Havens went 28/59 for 260 with a TD and a pick 6 and ran 10 times for 82 yards. Sweeney ran 15 times for 47 yards. Alonzo Russell caught 6 of 15 targets for 86 yards and Will Hardy added 6 of 12 for 36 and a TD.

Roosevelt Cornett had 12 tackles, 6 assists, and a fumble recovery. Todd Ford had 10 and 3 and forced a fumble. Jonah Hollas had 2 sacks, Irving Garrett had a pick, and Burt Covington had a punt return TD but fumbled twice.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:07 PM   #40
kcarr
High School JV

Week 17 at Cincinnati

Byron Heard reinjured his shoulder and will miss this game as will Louis Segura.

Gio Porter scored quickly for us taking the lead early but Cincy answered right before the half with a Hill TD run. Late in the 3rd they got a FG. We matched it later but they got one at the buzzer to win 13-10

Havens went 18/32 for 138 with a TD and 2 picks and ran 8 times for 64 yards. Ellis ran 5 times for 49 yards. Will Hardy was targeted 11 times catching 5 for 61 and Porter caught 1 pass for 12 and a TD.

KC Sawahata made 9 tackles and forced a fumble. Amir Latham and Daryl Kasten also forced fumbles and Tim Lyons and Dustin Simmons made recoveries. Don Webster made 1.5 sacks. Irving Bellmore and Roosevelt Cornett each had 1 and Glenn Wilhide had .5
Old 02-10-2017, 02:35 PM   #41
kcarr
High School JV

Season Review:

We went 4-11-1, much improved over last year and certainly with the arrow pointed up for us.

Tennessee won the bowl over green bay with Ryan Succop winning the game MVP

Marcus Mariota was the offensive player of the year and player of the year.

Cameron Heyward won defensive player of the year

Oakland RB and first overall pick Darren Simmons won offensive ROY

Once again we had the defensive ROY as Todd Ford won

We had a pair of first team all league players in Roosevelt Cornett and punter Marco Henderson

Passing:
Havens went 332/578 for 3391 yards with 16 TDs and 14 picks

Rushing:
Havens led the team here again with 123 carries for 882 yards and 4 TDs and 8 fumbles
Marvin Ellis ran 131 times for 424 yards and 2 TDs with 3 fumbles
David Sweeney ran 148 times for 409 yards with 2 TDs and 2 fumbles

Receiving:
Will Hardy turned 117 targets into 71 catches for 793 yards and 5 scores.
Marvin Ellis had 58 on 86 tries for 558 and 2 TDs
Alonzo Russell caught 5 of 114 for 601 and a TD
Giovanni Porter caught 33 of 65 for 407 and 4 TDs
Draje Hubinger caught 32 of 55 for 297 and a TD
BJ Evans caught 22 of 28 for 93 yards
Levon Burns caught 21 of 36 for 232.
David Sweeney caught 20 of 36 for 190 and a TD

Blocking:
Otis Williamson made 21 of 73 key blocks with 2 pancakes and 6 sacks allowed
Antoine Starks made 20 of 72 with 7 sacks
Jack Garcia made 12 of 52 with 8 sacks
Buckley Fernando made 11 of 39 with 6 sacks
Tyrell Lang made 9 of 37 with 8 sacks

Defensive Line:
Gabe Dunn made 42 tackles, 23 assists, 1.5 sacks, 9 hurries, and a knockdown
Don Webster made 39 tackles, 27 assists, 6 sacks, 2 blocks defeated, 13 hurries, and 8 knockdowns
Jonah Hollas made 26 tackles, 11 assists, 4.5 sacks, 5 blocks defeated 14 hurries, and a block defeated
Tim Lyons made 19 tackles, 7 assists, 2 sacks, 5 blocks defeated, 9 hurries, and recovered a fumble
Irving Bellmore made 18 tackles, 13 assists, 4 sacks, 4 blocks defeated, 10 hurries, 1 knockdown, a forced fumble and a recovery
Glenn Wilhide made 14 tackles, 3 assists, 1.5 sacks, 1 block defeated, 2 hurries, and a knockdown

Linebackers:
Roosevelt Cornett made 145 tackles, 47 assists, 4 sacks, 3 hurries, 7 knockdowns, 2 picks, 8 passes defensed, 2 forced fumbles, and a recovery
Byron Heard made 81 tackles, 23 assists, 1 pick, and 5 passes defensed in 12 games
KC Sawahata made 30 tackles, 3 assists, 3 sacks, 2 passes defensed and a forced fumble
Louis Segura made 22 tackles, 6 assists, 1 sack, 1 block defeated, a pick, and 4 passes defensed
George Mason made 17 tackles, 10 assists, 2.5 sacks, 2 blocks defeated, and a hurry

Defensive backs:
Todd Ford made 99 tackles, 36 assists, 1 pick, 10 passes defensed, 2 forced fumbles, and a recovery
Julio Uerkwitz made 69 tackles, 19 assists, 1 sack, 1 hurry, 1 pick, 7 passes defensed, 2 forced fumbles, and a recovery
Daryl Kasten made 52 tackles, 15 assists, a pick, 9 passes defensed, and a recovery
Amir Latham made 48 tackles, 15 assists, 8 passes defensed, 2 forced fumbles, 3 recoveries, and 2 TDs
Garret Irving made 40 tackles, 3 assists, 1 hurry, a pick, and 4 passes defensed.

Kicking:
Marco Henderson punted 115 times for 5592 yards, a 48.6 average with 41.2 net and 52 inside the 20.
Percy Quinn made 19 of 25 field goals including 7 of 12 over 40 and 0 of 2 over 50. He made 26 of 27 XPs

Returns:
Julio Uerkwitz returned 35 kicks for 887 yards, 25.3 average, and 1 TD
Byrt Covington returned 56 punts for 332 yards, 5.9 average, with a TD but 10 fumbles and will lose his job most likely.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:13 PM   #42
kcarr
High School JV

Staff Draft:
We made no changes

Draft:

1.4: LT Avery Newton (43/86) Picking at 1.4 I didn’t expect Newton to be available and was looking to trade down if he wasn’t. I had a WR marked as my next target and figured I could get him 4 or 5 spots later but the 6’1” 304 lb tackle from Virginia fell to me despite being the top rated player in this class. He fills a real hole on the line and gives me a solid anchor to my offensive front along side a good interior line.

1.26: WR Deion Burley (35/79) I wanted to add a stud receiver this year seeing several available in this draft and I took one I really liked here, a 5’11” target from Sam Houston State who ran a 4.38 40 and put up 19 bench reps. He looks raw, only 3% developed, but talented.

2.10: MLB Deon Maddison (25/76) I traded down a bit here not seeing anything that jumped out at me and added a 5th and a 7th in doing so. We were hurt on defense when Heard missed time this year and adding Deon Maddison will not only get us through that but add a stud in base sets and a better 3rd down player than Heard making our LB group one of the best all around in the league. I wanted to go Corner here but there wasn’t anyone standing out to me so I will try to address it later.

2.27: CB Cesar Miller (34/65) Finally enough of the guys in front of him were taken that I felt good taking Miller here. This is our biggest investment at the spot and looks like a solid one. Our pass defense should be improved thanks to him and he should be helped by our quality defensive front.

3.28: CB Silas Kinney (33/60) We added a 4th and a 5th moving down from 3.4 to 3.28. We then used the pick to continue to improve our pass defense taking another potential starting corner and strengthening the back end of our defense.

4.17: WR Evan Driggers (32/62) We added a 6th dropping from 4.4 to 4.17. At that point even though Driggers was the 8th WR on the board he had been on top of mine for a while and I figured he was worth the pick. The Ohio State player should give us good depth when added to the young guys we have which should make this a breakout year for our passing game with Havens.

4.18: FB Lincoln Bates (32/63) With only a four guys I really want left on the board and 4 picks in the next round and one more this round I paired a couple 5ths to move up and take a well rounded fullback who should give us the best play we have had at the position so far.

4.25: CB Wes Clancy (36/57) Another move up for us Clancy looks like a good return man who can actually play defense as well

4.28: C Ellis Gibson (30/57) With a pick we already held we sat put and took a center who looks to nearly complete our line. He is a strong pass blocker and decent run blocker and should start this year.

5.20: G Keegan Sobin (26/62) the last of the players I had marked as must have guys he was further down most people’s boards but his combination of blocking strength and adequate blocking skills in both areas makes him a capable lineman. We may not have a spot for him right away but the depth is worth having.

6.4: K Mel Tisdale (47/66) After great luck finding a punter last year in the draft we are looking for an equal answer at kicker and hoping Tisdale is the upgrade we are looking for.

7.4: T Gino Hampton (24/42) Gino will give us a guy who can compete at RT and is a capable run blocker until we can find a better fit.

7.6: DE Darius Tatum (27/63) I couldn’t make it through the full draft without picking up some Dline depth even with our line already being a strength in the making. With my last pick I took a guy who is great against the run and a very solid pass rusher though lacks the endurance to play every down. He will likely get one or two sets which will actually work nicely as both of my left ends can also kick inside giving me a strong rotation with good players out there fresh at all times.

Draft Grade: The game gave me an A but I wouldnt hesitate to call it an A+. We got an elite tackle, a playmaker at WR, a 3rd LB to fill out a great group and a couple good potential corners along with some other good pieces.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:48 PM   #43
kcarr
High School JV

UDFAs:
QB Jesse Shaw, looking for a better backup option here. Reynolds is okay but would like someone with a little more upside.

RB Theodore Shields, looking for depth which the draft didn’t provide after an injury derailed any running game last year.

TE Gabriel Aleman, a decent pass catcher at the position. We missed our targets in this draft and are still looking for a real weapon here.

WR Kennedy Mullins, A well rounded pass catcher with signifigant big play ability.

T Austin Franklin, Still looking for competition at the RT spot

DT Ellis Cortez, looks like the top UDFA available, should be a good addition to the rotation

CB Corwin Reinard, another attempt at solidifying the corner position.

SS Tony Winters, Looking for some depth in the defensive backfield here, will compete with other UDFAs to try to be the top backup safety
Old 02-11-2017, 02:22 PM   #44
kcarr
High School JV

Preseason roster review:

QB: Alejandro Havens (75/90) is already one of the better qbs in the league and soon will likely be the best. This should be a breakout year for him with much better weapons to throw too though they are inexperienced.

Leon Reynolds (19/39) and Jesse Shaw (16/36) will back him up.

RB: The return of Marlon Adams (57) will be augmented by the arrival of rookie UDFA Theodore Shields (43/54) who is less of a pass catcher but more of a north/south runner. The two will split carries.

Marvin Ellis (40) was good as a pass catcher last year but failed as a runner.

FB: Lincoln Bates (39/65) is a well rounded fullback who can block, catch, and run equally well. We may get some production from this position finally.

TE: Levon Burns (41) split time last year as the starter and got the lesser portion of the targets but was more efficient with them. This year rather than Alonzo Russell he will be splitting with rookie Gabriel Aleman (24/46) who is the best blocking TE we have had and a decent route runner.

Bubba Meyer (37/40) will get some snaps as well.

WR: Rookie Deion Burley (42/76) will join last year’s top WR Will Hardy (60/65) as the starters. Burley gives this team some explosiveness and could become a true stud WR with no real weaknesses. Rookie Evan Driggers (36/54) will play the slot.

Giovanni Porter (39/43), Drake Hubbinger (41), and Kennedy Mullins (25/37) will also maybe get some looks.

C: Ellis Gibson (33/49) looks like a capable center. Jack Garcia (40) has been here for years and is okay as well.

G: Antoine Starks (62) and Otis Williamson (63) provide a solid base to my ling. Rookie Keegan Sobin (31/61) offers great depth as a powerful blocker. Glenn Wirth (27/36) will fill in if needed.

T: Avery Newton (51/83) may just be a rookie but is the best LT we have had. An elite pass blocker and very solid run blocker he will help boost our offense to the next level. Austin Franklin (12/53) has upside but is too raw to be much good this year. For this year, anyway, Fernando Buckley (43/46) will slide over and play the right side after starting at LT the past years. Rookie Gino Hampton (25./34) is our other backup tackle.

P: Marco Henderson (90) is an elite punter with world class leg strength.

K: Mel Tisdale (48/55) has a strong leg but lacks accuracy.

DE: Jonah Hollas (62) has been solid for the past 4 years. Darius Tatum (32/61) has overtaken Irving Bellmore (17/46) who has fallen off lately. Glenn Wilhide (45) provides solid depth.

DT: Gabe Dunn (72) and Don Webster (66) provide a good base for our defense. Rookie Ellis Cortez (35/50) has very good upside, especially as a pass rusher. Richie Hanson (43/53) is a more well rounded backup.

MLB: Byron Heard (62) will be limited to a 2 down roll now but is great within that roll. KC Sawahata has moved inside after playing well there last year.

OLB: Roosevelt Cornett (81) is an elite LB. Opposite him Deon Madison (35/71) is a potential 3 down complement to him. Louis Segura (48/55) is a high quality backup and Luther Atwater (35/41) may get some snaps as well.

CB: Cesar Miller (42/63) teams up with veteran Julio Uerkwitz to provide a very solid starting corner duo. Nickel corner Silas Kinney (39/53) completes the best starting group we have had so far.

Amir Latham (45) has been a good playmaker in the past which will give him some snaps. Wes Clancy (35/54) is a good returner and should become a solid corner as well. Corwin Reinard (22/43) provides bottom line depth.

SS: Todd Ford (84) is an elite safety. Backup Colin Odegard continues to maintain his spot on the team though since the first year his playing time has become nearly none.

FS: Daryl Kasten (45/51) will start again this year after playing decently last year. Tony Winters (23/48) has solid upside as a backup.

LS: Edward Wells (20) is a good snapper.

We have built up to the 4th strongest starting lineup strength in the league.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:30 PM   #45
kcarr
High School JV

Week 1 at Baltimore:

We started off unable to get anything going punting 6 times and throwing a pick as the Ravens tacked 2 FGs on the board. Marvin Ellis broke free for a 19 yard score to give us the 7-6 lead. The ravens finally found the endzone early in the 4th but we answered right away with a FG and added another to tie the game at the buzzer.

After we missed the opening FG in overtime each team punted twice but our last punt led to Flacco throwing a pick and us getting a late FG to avoid the tie.

Havens went 30/48 for 239 and a pick and gained 14 yards on 4 carries. Marlon Adams ran 17 times for 71 yards and marvin ellis just had the one carry but turned it into a 19 yard score. Deion Burley, in his first game, racked up 10 grabs for 108 yards including 55 after the catch.

Todd Ford made 13 tackles and an assist. Roosevelt Cornett had the game winning pick. Jonah Hollas made 4 sacks. Don Webster added 1. Deon Madison forced a fumble and Silas Kinney forced 2. Cesar Miller and Todd ford each recoverd one.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:38 PM   #46
kcarr
High School JV

Week 2 at San Francisco.

Traveling all the way across the country this week we again started behind as they go a FG while we punted the first 2 drives. Marlo Adams then ansered with a TD run but the 49ers had a 1 play drive with a 79 yard Torrey Smith TD right after that. We came back as Havens hit Driggers for his firs TD pass of the year. We added a FG before the have to go up 17-10. San Fran tied it up with a 2nd Trevor Siemian TD pass but we got a FG in the 4th and held on for the win to go 2-0.

Havens went 23/35 for 267 with a TD and ran 5 times for 31 yards. Adams ran 20 times for 105 yards and a TD and caught 4 for 53. Burley continued to shine with 5 grabs for 95 yards including 80 after the catch. Driggers gained just 7 yards on 2 grabs but did score a TD.

Cornett racked up 7 tackles and 3 assists. Deon Madison had a sack and Don Webster, Gabe Dunn, Darius Tatum, and Byron Heard each had half of one. Heard also forced a fumble that Gabe Dunn recovered.